PDA

View Full Version : Greivis Vasquez traded to NO for Quincy Pondexter

vnzla81
12-24-2011, 06:05 PM
NO is filling their roster with a bunch of young players, good pick by the Hornets.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
New Orleans has traded Quincy Pondexter to the Memphis Grizzlies for Greivis Vasquez, a league source tells Y! Sports.

vnzla81
12-24-2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2011-12-24/nate-robinson-released-by-oklahoma-city/52210140/1

The Grizzlies needed depth at the forward position after losing key reserve Darrell Arthur to a ruptured Achilles' tendon in his right foot.

The Hornets needed to bolster the backcourt behind point guard Jarrett Jack.

Psyren
12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Nice move for NO

vnzla81
12-24-2011, 06:26 PM
ChrisVernonShow Chris Vernon
I hate losing Vasquez though - performed on biggest stage, tough as nails, fiery player - wish Lionel would've liked him as much as fans do

of all the plays in OKC series - when I asked Lionel last week what he thinks of - he brought up Vasquez botching D on Hardin in 3OT game

it was crazy recall- Lionel- "we were up 117-114 w/ 1:08 left, Westbrook drove baseline- Vasquez ran down -left Harden open for 3- tie game"

Lionel also said - "I have the picture of Westbrook on baseline throwing out to Harden on that play saved on my iPad"

the last PG that Lionel didn't like was Kyle Lowry - good omen for Vasquez

Winner
12-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Steal for the Hornets.

Pacer Fan
12-24-2011, 07:30 PM
NO is filling their roster with a bunch of young players, good pick by the Hornets.

Pondexter is younger then Vasquez. Just a lateral move for both teams.

Winner
12-24-2011, 07:38 PM
Pondexter is younger then Vasquez. Just a lateral move for both teams.
Greivis Vasquez may be older but he is superbly talented. He is much better than Pondexter.

pacer4ever
12-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Great move for NO I was afraid EJ would have to play pg behind JJ. Also Vasquez speaks spanish will help their new Mexican Center adjust.

also Poentexter a PF??? Since when?

cdash
12-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Great move for NO I was afraid EJ would have to play pg behind JJ. Also Vasquez speaks spanish will help their new Mexican Center adjust.

also Poentexter a PF??? Since when?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing about Pondexter. I thought he was pretty much a straight SF. Interesting.

I echo the general consensus of the thread--great move by the Hornets. I like Vasquez, and they desperately needed depth behind Jarrett Jack at the point. Am I the only person who thinks the Hornets will be half-decent this year? I mean they aren't a playoff team, but I feel like they could be frisky.

Ozwalt72
12-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Well, Pondexter's a wing with an "in your face" game, kinda. Pretty solid player, but I like Vasquez a lot more.

Kegboy
12-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Pondexter's tough, but yeah, he's not a big. Still, I like the kid.

Sookie
12-25-2011, 12:59 AM
who does Memphis have as a backup PG now?

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 01:07 AM
who does Memphis have as a backup PG now?

:confused: OJ Mayo and or Josh Selby?? :hmm: :eek:This trade is really bad for Memphis if Conley goes down they are screwed.

Only other pg on the roster is Jeremy Pargo . He was good at Gonzaga. I am a big fan of his game im sure he will be the primary back up he is a solid player. A lot to ask of a rookie but he a good player.

I have been a fan of his for awhile especially in euro league play he was fun to watch with Maccabi Tel glad he is getting a shot in the NBA.

CooperManning
12-25-2011, 01:14 AM
AJ Price for OJ Mayo, AM I RIGHT GUYS?

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 01:21 AM
AJ Price for OJ Mayo, AM I RIGHT GUYS?

:laugh:

most of the board would say that is a fair deal I really disagree Mayo>>>>>>> Price if I was Memphis I would rather let Mayo expire than do that deal. Pargo got a 2yr 2m dollar deal he is a better players IMO than Price but thats JMO

They obviously trust the kid they wouldn't of done this deal if they didn't. I hope he succeeds he is fun to watch.

cdash
12-25-2011, 01:37 PM
:laugh:

most of the board would say that is a fair deal I really disagree Mayo>>>>>>> Price if I was Memphis I would rather let Mayo expire than do that deal. Pargo got a 2yr 2m dollar deal he is a better players IMO than Price but thats JMO

They obviously trust the kid they wouldn't of done this deal if they didn't. I hope he succeeds he is fun to watch.

Oh.

I really thought that was quite obvious it was a joke, and I can't imagine where anyone would actually consider that a fair deal.

cordobes
12-26-2011, 02:26 PM
I suspect this trade was a lot about Pargo for Memphis. Improved quite a bit with Maccabi, especially his decision-making. Outstanding athlete and very tough.

I like what Memphis is doing with their backcourt.
PG - Mike Conley, Jeremy Pargo, Josh Selby
SG - Tony Allen, OJ Mayo, Xavier Henry
SF - Rudy Gay, Sam Young, Quincy Pondexter

Impressive group. Big strong players with good size and lots of quickness. They are going to be very difficult to play against. They'll make life very uncomfortable for the opponent.

Too bad they haven't been able to replace Arthur properly. With him, they'd have one of the best benches in the league. It'd be funny if they could get Kenyon Martin to sign with them.