PDA

View Full Version : Now Benders other knee is swelling??

Peck
11-03-2004, 06:48 AM
:rolleyes:

According to todays star now his right knee has been swelling lately.

I don't know whether to be disgusted by this or just feel real sorry for him.

He talked about running over a black cat & at this point in time I'm ready to beleive this.

Harddrive7
11-03-2004, 07:03 AM
Wonder if Bender has a little hotplate and cooler that sits next to him.

The conversation with JO, Reggie, and Foster?

"Sorry guys, I only brought enough for me. My peanut and cotton candy guy should be by shortly though..."

Knees swelling doesn't sound like something that's just going to go away and not come back once he starts playing on them again.

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 08:24 AM
He just needs to gather up his jewels downstairs and play , he's making what 7-8 million this year? It looks like another year of hearing " Johnathan Bender is Injured" more than he is starting in a game or even playing in a game.

Same Old Bender hype every preseason , same old injury riddled Bender , when will we give up the Bender Project and get someone in here to help , it's clear we could really use JB right now.

Suaveness
11-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Well well well...for all those who doubted me, who didn't believe me, who thought Bender would revolutionize the NBA, I TOLD YOU SO.

beast23
11-03-2004, 11:22 AM
It really doesn't matter.

He could have a perfectly healthy left knee and right knee, then it would be his wee-knee that would be swelling, and he still couldn't play.

Doug
11-03-2004, 11:32 AM
pacers.com is also reporting that he is feeling "puffy" and "kinda bloated".

indygeezer
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
pacers.com is also reporting that he is feeling "puffy" and "kinda bloated".

Hmmm...Mrs. G feels that way about every 3.5 weeks. That may explain it.

BTW HD7...go over by the cafeteria....they have a silent auction going on around here. One of the items is an Jon Bender personally autographed Pacer T-shirt. (I'm beginning to think it may last longer than he will)

Harddrive7
11-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Yeah I saw that but it was torn...You can't wear it for 4-6 weeks.

ChicagoJ
11-03-2004, 12:42 PM
:lol:

Stryder
11-03-2004, 01:14 PM
He just needs to gather up his jewels downstairs and play , he's making what 7-8 million this year? It looks like another year of hearing " Johnathan Bender is Injured" more than he is starting in a game or even playing in a game.

Same Old Bender hype every preseason , same old injury riddled Bender , when will we give up the Bender Project and get someone in here to help , it's clear we could really use JB right now.

If you had ever suffered a serious knee injury, then,
I'd bet you'd take back those comments...

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 01:30 PM

If you had ever suffered a serious knee injury, then,
I'd bet you'd take back those comments...

I have and I won't ..infact a Knee Injury ended a football career for me ...How come everyone else can play with injuries Example J.O last year and Yet when we need Bender he is never home :confused:

Wish I could find a Job where I could tell my boss sorry I got aches and pains today , alittle swelling ..sorry I can't work and still get paid :p

I said it last year Bender was Done ...and I stand even more by that now ..Same Bender ...Same Hype ... Same Let Down... Every Year !!!!!!!

The Boy needs to grab his jewels and play it's make or break time for Bender , plenty of those guys play with swollen knees and don't say jack crap , I didn't hear J.O. complain onetime and he probably shouldn't have been playing.

I will be glad if Mr Bender can make me eat my words , but I am not even worried about him proving me wrong . I swear the man would strain his back holding Cinderella's jockstrap ;)

debohstheman
11-03-2004, 01:31 PM
i agree.....lay off the guy until he is able to play.....

for ****s sake

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 01:34 PM
i agree.....lay off the guy until he is able to play.....

for ****s sake

If this Ron Artest being like this you Guys woulda asked for his hanging long ago , I have waited through how many yrs of Hype and Dreams , should we wait 5 more years just because we think he might be something special :confused:

McKeyFan
11-04-2004, 10:28 AM
then it would be his wee-knee that would be swelling.

:laugh:

sweabs
11-04-2004, 04:28 PM
I read in the Star today that he will be having arthroscopic knee surgery on this other knee in the offseason :mad:

Lord Helmet
11-04-2004, 05:25 PM
I read in the Star today that he will be having arthroscopic knee surgery on this other knee in the offseason :mad:
At least its not during the season.

sweabs
11-04-2004, 05:41 PM

Yet................:p

Lord Helmet
11-04-2004, 05:57 PM

Yet................:p
Yea I know :mad:

ChicagoJ
11-04-2004, 06:39 PM
I'd rather he get that thing scoped just as soon as JO is back in the lineup.

I fear that injury getting worse around March or April, causing him to be less aggressive than the player that was occupying his body and jersey number last night.

Years ago, Tank Thompson had cartilege in his knee cleaned up within a few weeks of my first knee surgery. He was back on the court in two weeks, and I wasn't cleared to begin sprinting for several months. I found out the hard way that cartilege is one of the simpler knee surgeries, and things involving tendons and IT bands take a long time to heal.

Hicks
11-04-2004, 07:52 PM
If they let him wait, it probably means he can afford to do so, otherwise you know they'd have him go in immediately. Probably one of those "it's messed up, but you can't make it worse, to just play for now" injuries.