PDA

View Full Version : Manny Harris?

EvanMassey
12-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Was just announced that he was waived by the Cavs. I think we should go pick him up. When he was given extended playing time in Cleveland, he produced nice numbers. One thing you can't talk bad about him, is the fact that he can score the basketball. Three pointers, driving to the bucket, getting to the line, he scores the ball. Gets his own shot as well. A lot like Jordan Crawford.

Go get him Larry!

diamonddave00
12-22-2011, 06:04 PM
He can create his own shot but has trouble making it only shooting 37.4% from the field. That said he might be a player the Pacers should keep an eye on if he ends up in the NBDL.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 06:10 PM
and he is hurt which is the main reason he didn't make the team.

wintermute
12-22-2011, 06:16 PM

Yup. Still, as project players go, he's not a bad guy to keep an eye on.

The Sleeze
12-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Something about the words "waived" and "Cavs" in his description makes me not want the guy.

Lance George
12-22-2011, 06:27 PM
The most fascinating thing about Manny Harris is that his real full name is Corperryale L'Adorable Harris.

Scot Pollard
12-22-2011, 06:35 PM
The most fascinating thing about Manny Harris is that his real full name is Corperryale L'Adorable Harris.

L'ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! :lmao:

Pacer Fan
12-22-2011, 06:36 PM

How exactly is he hurt, all I found is the following...not a big deal. The main reason he didn't make the team is cause they are stacked at that position.

Manny Harris suffers injury in Nike facility? - Manny Harris (G) Cleveland Cavaliers
Rotoworld — Manny Harris could make the Cavaliers' roster without participating in training camp -- he's expected to miss another two weeks due to "freezer burn" he suffered on his foot in a Nike-sponsored "cooling chamber."

December 19, 2011

http://www.sportsoverdose.com/nba-players/manny-harris

cdash
12-22-2011, 06:38 PM

How do you get Manny out of that mess?

Pacer Fan
12-22-2011, 07:05 PM
Was just announced that he was waived by the Cavs. I think we should go pick him up. When he was given extended playing time in Cleveland, he produced nice numbers. One thing you can't talk bad about him, is the fact that he can score the basketball. Three pointers, driving to the bucket, getting to the line, he scores the ball. Gets his own shot as well. A lot like Jordan Crawford.

Go get him Larry!

I agree with getting him, infact, I would cut Price and sign Manny for about 600k and we upgraded for free. This way we keep the team at 13 players also. Manny has a history of a proven talent. Get him in here and see what he can do for us.

Pacer Fan
12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
RT @johnhollinger: Bit of a surprise. RT @PDcavsinsider Cavs announce they have waived Manny Harris ---> Wow...

troyc11a
12-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Let me get this straight. The worst team in the NBA just cut a player who they deemed not worthy of a roster spot. So now it would be a good idea for the Pacers to pick him up?
This is supposed to be a new era for the Pacers. If Manny Harris is good enough to play on this team = we have been sold a large dose of false hope. Hello lottery land, here we come.

Lance George
12-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Let me get this straight. The worst team in the NBA just cut a player who they deemed not worthy of a roster spot. So now it would be a good idea for the Pacers to pick him up?
This is supposed to be a new era for the Pacers. If Manny Harris is good enough to play on this team = we have been sold a large dose of false hope. Hello lottery land, here we come.

You could look at from another perspective: The Cavs are one of the worse, if not the worst, team in the NBA for a reason. They make bad moves and are questionable talent evaluators.

I don't know about Manny's defense as I've not watched a lot of his NBA career, and his overall FG% is low, but he's a very good three-point shooter (37% on 92 attempts), and his rebounding and assist numbers are surprisingly good. He's also just 22 and coming off of his rookie season.

troyc11a
12-22-2011, 07:58 PM
You could look at from another perspective: The Cavs are one of the worse, if not the worst, team in the NBA for a reason. They make bad moves and are questionable talent evaluators.

I don't know about Manny's defense as I've not watched a lot of his NBA career, and his overall FG% is low, but he's a very good three-point shooter (37% on 92 attempts), and his rebounding and assist numbers are surprisingly good. He's also just 22 and coming off of his rookie season.

You are correct in mentioning that there are 2 perspectives for everything (at least 2).

My main point is that we have moved up in ranking and hope. The last 2-3 years I could understand why some on this board would over-value other players from other teams. I would think that since the Pacers are an up and coming team, that others would look at our cast-offs for a change.

Will Galen
12-22-2011, 08:08 PM

Basically agree with you, but sometimes it's the situation, not the player.

BornReady
12-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I agree with getting him, infact, I would cut Price and sign Manny for about 600k and we upgraded for free. This way we keep the team at 13 players also. Manny has a history of a proven talent. Get him in here and see what he can do for us.

We have plenty of money and a roster spot, we would not have to cut Price to sign him.

Steagles
12-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Give him a shot, he could pan out. What do we have to lose? A single roster spot and <1M?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk