PDA

View Full Version : David West Responds to Ray Allen.

PGisthefuture
12-22-2011, 03:51 PM
conrad_brunner Conrad Brunner
DWest answers Ray Allen: "This was a well-thought-out decision on my part. There's a reason I'm in Indiana. This team is young and deep ...
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
conrad_brunner Conrad Brunner
West cont'd: "... This team is young and deep and has some really good pieces. And it's deep."
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply
Understandable.
I wonder if he thinks this team is deep..?

Day-V
12-22-2011, 03:53 PM
I wonder if he thinks this team is deep..?

lmao, I was gonna say the same thing.

Hicks' "If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one!"- line is gonna be a personal favorite of mine all season.

Steagles
12-22-2011, 03:56 PM
"If you havin' depth problems, I feel bad for you son; I got 99 problems but a bench ain't one!"

Who exactly said this? You, or Hicks?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Day-V
12-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Who exactly said this? You, or Hicks?

Oh no, Hicks totally came up with that on Twitter the night before the 1st preseason game. He gets full credit.

I just think it's spectacularly awesome.

Steagles
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Oh no, Hicks totally came up with that on Twitter the night before the 1st preseason game. He gets full credit.

I just think it's spectacularly awesome.

It's definitely going in my signature when I get home haha

Foul on Smits
12-22-2011, 04:02 PM
What Allen doesn't realizE is that he'll be shopped at the deadline, possibly to the Pacers.

xBulletproof
12-22-2011, 04:09 PM
The way he kept repeating it's a deep team, it's like he's taking a shot at the Celtics for not being deep. I don't know if he meant it that way, but it kinda sounds like it.

Or maybe Conrad just overlapped himself on the 2nd tweet.

-

CableKC
12-22-2011, 04:11 PM
What Allen doesn't realizE is that he'll be shopped at the deadline, possibly to the Pacers.
I think that Ainge is going to make one last run at the Championship with the Big 3....so I don't see Allen being traded anytime soon.

I know that this theory is really out there...but I can totally see Ainge gambling HUGE and making a deal to get a 1 year rental of Nash ( maybe with Robin Lopez to help fill out the frontcourt ) while swapping Rondo ( a Player that the FO clearly has no problem moving ) and filler for him. It's not as glamourous as the CP3 deal...but it allows Ainge to make one huge last push with Pierce/Allen/the Big Douche with a high quality PG that still has enough gas in the tank for 1 season to be a difference maker. Just like the whole CP3 rental....Ainge will have only 2 Players on the books at $18.6 mil in salary...while making a huge push to retool via FA. The Celtics don't have to rebuild like any other Team that loses the vast marjority of their core...they have enough capspace to add quality Players at every position to become an instant Playoff bubble Team.

Unless the Celtics could get a high quality Playoff Ready PG that can make a huge difference in a trade for Rondo without significantly impacting the Salary Cap situation next season....I could see something like this happening.

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 04:21 PM
I think that Ainge is going to make one last run at the Championship with the Big 3....so I don't see Allen being traded anytime soon.

I know that this theory is really out there...but I can totally see Ainge gambling HUGE and making a deal to get a 1 year rental of Nash ( maybe with Robin Lopez to help fill out the frontcourt ) while swapping Rondo ( a Player that the FO clearly has no problem moving ) and filler for him. It's not as glamourous as the CP3 deal...but it allows Ainge to make one huge last push with Pierce/Allen/the Big Douche with a high quality PG that still has enough gas in the tank for 1 season to be a difference maker. Just like the whole CP3 rental....Ainge will have only 2 Players on the books at $18.6 mil in salary...while making a huge push to retool via FA. The Celtics don't have to rebuild like any other Team that loses the vast marjority of their core...they have enough capspace to add quality Players at every position to become an instant Playoff bubble Team.

Unless the Celtics could get a high quality Playoff Ready PG that can make a huge difference in a trade for Rondo without significantly impacting the Salary Cap situation next season....I could see something like this happening. I would agree with you but outside of 2 or 3 big names the fa pool next year is pretty weak. Unlless they get allen and kg back for a huge discount I think the celts are done for now.

Sandman21
12-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Talking about Allen being traded, some idiot called into Dakich (hosted by Rakestraw) yesterday asking what he thought about the Pacers trading Roy (and I think Paul) for Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal.
:picard:

I broke into a "BANDWAGON" chant driving in my car alone on 465. Fortunately Rakestraw basically called him an idiot (in a nice way).

CableKC
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
Talking about Allen being traded, some idiot called into Dakich (hosted by Rakestraw) yesterday asking what he thought about the Pacers trading Roy (and I think Paul) for Ray Allen and Jermaine O'Neal.
:picard:

I broke into a "BANDWAGON" chant driving in my car alone on 465. Fortunately Rakestraw basically called him an idiot (in a nice way).
Well, that guy is an idiot...and probably a Celtics fan....sometime...both are the same.

CableKC
12-22-2011, 05:13 PM
I would agree with you but outside of 2 or 3 big names the fa pool next year is pretty weak. Unlless they get allen and kg back for a huge discount I think the celts are done for now.
My main thing is that I don't see the Celtics rebuilding/retooling around Pierce with Rondo on board. I think that they will want to make one last run with Nash ( whose as good as any Starting quality Difference maker PG then anyone else...even at his current age ) running the ship with the rest of the geriatric 3 ( 4 if you include JONeal ).

owl
12-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Nash or Rondo? One plays defense and the other does not. One has offense the other does not. It would be a wash and a waste of time making that trade.

coop-a-loop
12-22-2011, 08:50 PM
The full article: West blocks Allen's bad shot (http://www.nba.com/pacers/caught_web_indiana_pacers_david_west_ray_allen_201 1_12_22.html)

BlueNGold
12-22-2011, 09:05 PM
West is a bright guy. Depth is an issue for several reasons. We have a condensed season, the Celtics are old AND they have no depth and West probably doesn't want to overdue it with the knee. It literally could cost him 10's of millions of dollars if he reinjures that knee. Just ask Michael Redd....

...and in two years he can go shopping again...with the benefit of a healthier knee and potentially better options than the Celtics.

So...I certainly do understand him and we are the beneficiary.

Gold
12-22-2011, 10:01 PM
I don't think West said anything about this, but this team is also pretty deep.

gummy
12-22-2011, 10:23 PM
David West took what is the best deal...period! He has a option to leave at the end of this year if he wants and got the most money for this year.

I don't think there is a player option (or a team option, for that matter) at the end of the first year. So no, he can't leave at the end of this year. It's a two year contract.

Pacer Fan
12-22-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't think there is a player option (or a team option, for that matter) at the end of the first year. So no, he can't leave at the end of this year. It's a two year contract.

My bad, Don't know why I was thinking that. Just to much on my mind.

Anthem
12-22-2011, 10:57 PM
He's thinking Crawford.