PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard Hits The Game Winner For The Spurs

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Bad news pacer fans. The guy we traded for George Hill in the off season hit the game winner tonight vs. the Rockets. With about 5 seconds left in the game, Leonard caught the ball near the left side of the perimeter, used a couple of fancy little dribbling moves to get himself some space for a release, and nailed a jumper that put the Spurs ahead by 2 points with 2 seconds remaining.

I assume the Rockets didn't have any timeouts because they decided to just inbound it after the made shot, and missed their final attempt at the buzzer to win the game.

The good news? Well, he only had 3 points and 3 rebounds on 1-6 shooting in a total of 21 minutes. :)

There was a long list of games tonight, and I only watched one, so I decided to zip through the highlights to see how every team was doing. When I saw the end of the Spurs vs Rockets highlights, I had to rewind a couple times as I couldn't believe my eyes, and also checked his player profile to see what number he wore. Yup, good old #2. Just our luck right?

Here's a link to the highlights of the game: http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2011/12/21/0011100027_hou_sas_recap.nba

Hopefully we don't keep seeing good things from this guy.

Malakai432
12-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I think George Hill will be just fine. It might take some time for him to fit into the rotation & get used to the new system, same with West IMO. I think both will definitely benefit the Pacers come playoff time, ;)....

Lance George
12-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Kawhi Leonard isn't a member of the Indiana Pacers, thus how he performs has no bearing on our team's success, bar the rare game where he's on the opposing team.

Would it sting if Leonard defied the odds and went on to have a superior career to George Hill? Maybe a little bit, but I'm sure most would get over it in a hurry.

By the way, Real-GM-Troll-Pretending-To-Be-A-Pacers-Fan: We've all already been through this with Jerryd Bayless three years ago. We were told he was a future superstar after his stellar summer league performance his rookie season, and that we'd rue the day we traded away his draft rights. Leonard's not looked anywhere near as good as Bayless once did (in fact, Leonard looks terrible), so if you think we're sweating trading him, think again.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 02:04 AM
Kawhi Leonard isn't a member of the Indiana Pacers, thus how he performs has no bearing on our team's success, bar the rare game where he's on the opposing team.

Would it sting if Leonard defied the odds and went on to have a superior career to George Hill? Maybe a little bit, but I'm sure most would get over it in a hurry.

By the way, Real-GM-Troll-Pretending-To-Be-A-Pacers-Fan: We've all already been through this with Jerryd Bayless three years ago. We were told he was a future superstar after his stellar summer league performance his rookie season, and that we'd rue the day we traded away his draft rights. Leonard's not looked anywhere near as good as Bayless once did (in fact, Leonard looks terrible), so if you think we're sweating trading him, think again.

First of all, there was no summer league, and there's barely any preseason games, so how in the hell have you seen him play? Where are you getting this perception that he's "terrible"?

By the way I don't appreciate being called a troll, especially when you don't even know me. I've been a pacer fan since '98 during that series where we were the only team to take the Bulls to 7 games and almost beat them.

I've also lived in Indiana my entire life, so I don't know what you're on about.

I'm not trying to troll, it's just when I saw it was Kawhi Leonard, out of all the freaking players on the spurs team, I was shocked. I literally face palmed in real life. In fact, my face is all red now because of how hard I face palmed.

If you have nothing nice to say, please don't respond to my threads.

Kemo
12-22-2011, 02:23 AM
I don't give 2 bloody boogers about Kawhi Leonard to be honest.. lol

and for the record...that has nothing to do with this thread or you making it o.p

He is not a Pacer so.......................................

judicata
12-22-2011, 02:46 AM
If you're not a troll then you might want to contribute something other than "I'm a huge Pacers fan, but woe is (are?) Pacers. Did I mention I love the Pacers, despite their inability to be awesome? Go Pacers!"

We've seen it before.

Day-V
12-22-2011, 03:54 AM
It's not like the guy dominated the game from the start and filled up the scoring column all night. It was his only bucket of the game.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 05:07 AM
I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot. Like it or not Leondard will be constantly monitored by a lot of Pacer fans just to see if we made the correct deal. Has nothing to do with being a troll unless you take it to the next level ex: JarrettJackSF.

Shade
12-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Who would Leonard have played ahead of on the Pacers? Granger? George?

xIndyFan
12-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Who would Leonard have played ahead of on the Pacers? Granger? George?

dahntay probably. leonard would have been a rotation player, but hill is both a better player and a better fit.

TheDavisBrothers
12-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Big freakin deal SA in notorious for a lot of different guys taking the last shot

duke dynamite
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
All this guy did was throw up a shot. One shot. Anyone can do that. It just happened to be that guy. No one should be shocked, surprised or anything.

For that one shot to be turned into an "OMG WE MADE A BAD DEAL" situation is totally off the wall. For one, it's preseason. Secondly, he was what, 1 for 6? That one shot was the one that went in. Big frackin' deal.

If all you wanted to do was tell us that he made a game-winning shot for San Antonio, you shouldn't have started out the thread with the sentence,

Bad news pacer fans. The guy we traded for George Hill in the off season hit the game winner tonight vs. the Rockets.

And ended the post with this,

Hopefully we don't keep seeing good things from this guy.

Whoop de dooo!

Unclebuck
12-22-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't care

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 09:01 AM
I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot. Like it or not Leondard will be constantly monitored by a lot of Pacer fans just to see if we made the correct deal. Has nothing to do with being a troll unless you take it to the next level ex: JarrettJackSF.

Yea thanks for understanding. I will be monitoring Kawhi Leonard believe it or not. And yes he probably would of played over Dahntay. His defensive skills are impressive, but his ability to create space for his own shot is what surprised me on that last possession. He made it look easy.

Slick Pinkham
12-22-2011, 09:01 AM
wow, it elevated his team way up there in the preseason standings

12-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Even a blind dog finds a fire hydrant.

12-22-2011, 09:04 AM
Don't look too deeply at Kawhi Leonard, Pop will get every ounce of basketball-ability out of him. Pop can get so much out of so little, and it's scary.

MTM
12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
The guy posted a valid topic that will be interesting to many posters here. I hadn't seen the highlight, hadn't heard about the shot, and found it an interesting note. I think he cautioned that the shot was part of an overall bad night for Leonard, and I think comparisons between Hill's and Leonard's production are valid, considering it was one of the major offseason moves for the franchise.

Just because he is a new member or you might disagree, or even worse, need to take up opinion space about how you do "not care" does not mean the poster should be personally attacked.

King Tuts Tomb
12-22-2011, 09:09 AM
Good for Leonard. That's gotta be a great feeling for a rookie to start his career like that. Has absolutely no meaning in the long term and we won't know until far in the future whether the trade was a success or failure and anyone who tells you otherwise isn't thinking rationally or critically and probably knows nothing about basketball, but it's nice for him regardless.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 09:11 AM
By the way I may of exaggerated the final moments of that play on accident. I was tired last night and wasn't seeing straight.

He really didn't pull off any sweet moves, just caught the ball and stepped back to shoot a jumper over a smaller defender. But I liked his stroke. And he made the shot with 5 seconds left not 2.

xBulletproof
12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
I didn't see any trolling at all here, just a guy posting that Leonard hit that shot.

I think it's an accumulating effect. Go through his post history if you have time. It's only a few day old account, won't take long. Saying how we're terrible and going to have a top 5 pick in the draft because we're so terrible. Adding how he's not even going to watch Pacers games because we're so bad, but apparently watches Spurs games. :shrug:

Anthem
12-22-2011, 09:12 AM
It's a legit thread. I'd have started it myself if I'd seen the highlight.

That said, judicata's description's been pretty accurate so far.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 09:17 AM
I think it's an accumulating effect. Go through his post history if you have time. It's only a few day old account, won't take long. Saying how we're terrible and going to have a top 5 pick in the draft because we're so terrible. Adding how he's not even going to watch Pacers games because we're so bad, but apparently watches Spurs games. :shrug:

Like I said in my first post, I found out about the shot while watching highlights from all the games last night.

Some of the stuff I said about the Pacers was probably pure raw emotion after seeing us lose twice in a row to the team I hate the most. I take back some of the stuff I said, but not all of it.

Anthem
12-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Some of the stuff I said about the Pacers was probably pure raw emotion after seeing us lose twice in a row to the team I hate the most. I take back some of the stuff I said, but not all of it.
:laugh: Yeah, I understand that. Although I don't hate the Bulls nearly as much as the Pistons and even the Knicks. Or Miami. Or the Lakers. So the Bulls are probably fifth, at best.

Although it will definitely get easier to hate the Bulls now that they have Rip. :nunchuck:

Ownagedood
12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
We don't have room for Leonard anyways... West, Hans have PF pretty well covered. And we already have too much talent at SF, hence (Paul) George starting at SG.

We need Hill much more.

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Meh he might be Robin from the realgm board but if so he knows he'll get the boot here.

In anycase my two cents on this topic is pretty simple. I was happy to get Hill and I don't think Leonard will be anything special.

The only problem I have is that Hill won't be anything too special either and that kind of irks me. As long as Hill's next contract isn't bad maybe 5 million per year then I am fine with it.

In retrospect I think we should have traded back but I am fine if Bird thinks Hill can be more than just a rotational player.

mildlysane
12-22-2011, 09:46 AM
First of all, there was no summer league, and there's barely any preseason games, so how in the hell have you seen him play? Where are you getting this perception that he's "terrible"?

By the way I don't appreciate being called a troll, especially when you don't even know me. I've been a pacer fan since '98 during that series where we were the only team to take the Bulls to 7 games and almost beat them.

I've also lived in Indiana my entire life, so I don't know what you're on about.

I'm not trying to troll, it's just when I saw it was Kawhi Leonard, out of all the freaking players on the spurs team, I was shocked. I literally face palmed in real life. In fact, my face is all red now because of how hard I face palmed.

If you have nothing nice to say, please don't respond to my threads.
This is trolling. A 3rd string SF hit one shot in preseason and you literally did this. Better put you on suicide watch if he ends up scoring 20 points in a game sometime.

duke dynamite
12-22-2011, 09:50 AM
This is trolling. A 3rd string SF hit one shot in preseason and you literally did this. Better put you on suicide watch if he ends up scoring 20 points in a game sometime.
That was the point I was trying to make within my post in this thread.

90'sNBARocked
12-22-2011, 09:58 AM
Why are some of us so quick to beat people up?

Dam, it's Christmas :)

duke dynamite
12-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Why are some of us so quick to beat people up?

Dam, it's Christmas :)
It's just the way the thread was presented. The OP stated that it was like, OMG and we were like, nuh uh, and he was like, whoa!

90'sNBARocked
12-22-2011, 10:11 AM
It's just the way the thread was presented. The OP stated that it was like, OMG and we were like, nuh uh, and he was like, whoa!

so screw it'

Have the admins look up his personal information and we can all jump him :)

kidding of course but I do think sometimes people can be a little insensitive when ripping someone who is just trying to contribute with a post, thats all

dam , I sound like a freakin hallmark card. Gettin soft in my old age :)

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 10:14 AM
so screw it'

Have the admins look up his personal information and we can all jump him :)

kidding of course but I do think sometimes people can be a little insensitive when ripping someone who is just trying to contribute with a post, thats all

dam , I sound like a freakin hallmark card. Gettin soft in my old age :)
If he's Robin from the realgm board then he deserves the crap he is going to get here.

90'sNBARocked
12-22-2011, 10:19 AM
If he's Robin from the realgm board then he deserves the crap he is going to get here.

by FAR the bigest dikhead on RealGm is

Indy2DaWindy

He makes a complete azz out of himself and makes us look bad

Now Dyschata(sp) rocks, I was cracking up while he was going toe to toe with the Bulls board at RealGm during the playoffs

Dr. Awesome

That quote was all kinds of awesome. I would love to put that in my sig, but I can't over the iPhone.

flox

Jarrett Jack's best position might be SF, since he sure doesn't have any PG skills, and I don't really see him play like a "shooting" guard.

90'sNBARocked
12-22-2011, 10:20 AM
Jarrett Jack's best position might be SF, since he sure doesn't have any PG skills, and I don't really see him play like a "shooting" guard.

FLOX SIGHTING!!!!

What up Bro?

Thought the death of Jim O'Brien meant we wouldnt see you again!

How things back east bro?

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 10:21 AM
FLOX SIGHTING!!!!

What up Bro?

Thought the death of Jim O'Brien meant we wouldnt see you again!

How things back east bro?
And just like that he's gone.

flox
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Haha I've been back for a while, I started posting yesterday or two days ago, I can't remember. Excited for a good Pacers season, although I'm not too sold that the moves we made make us a better team, as I felt that we lost out a bit depth wise and that we are a more skilled team, but a team that is not as deep and less diverse, as I feel Hill and West replicate what we already had on the roster, whereas all of our losses make us weaker in a number of areas.

Hoping for a playoff spot, but this is probably the busiest I'll be for a while, I'll be here for the stretch run though, but had to be in and out during the offseason and preseason, and probably for first half of the regular season.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 10:42 AM
For those of you who don't know. JarrettJackSF=flox.

flox
12-22-2011, 10:48 AM
For those of you who don't know. JarrettJackSF=flox.

no.

and I'm pretty sure its been established that i'm just dumb, not a troll. I would appreciate not being called a troll or have any posts that insinuate that I am, in fact, trolling.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 11:05 AM
It was when Obie kept playing Jarrett Jack at SG and almost everyone was upset that we were running an offense with two PGs, you proceeded to change your name to JarrettJackSG then briefly JarrettJackSF just to cause more drama because you knew most people were pissed about it.

Fueling the fire is trolling in my book.

flox
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I do not want to argue about this. My name on realgm is JarrettJackSG, and before that, I even forgot. But it never was JarrettJackSF, since you have to actually post on the forum directly to Mass or whatever red is on that you would like a name change, and that you have not used up your limits and that you aren't doing it repeatedly in a short basis.

As for your second point, Jarrett Jack will always be an SG in my book, as he possesses little to no point guard skills, and is better playing off of the ball, and probably plays more like a 3 than a 2.

Just because I see the game differently and I happen to agree with O'Brien 98% of the time, and provide similar logic to him does not constitute me being a troll. Just because I hold unpopular opinions that are usually unwelcome in this forum because god forbid, someone actually likes a player that other people hate, does not mean I am trolling.

I am absolutely sick of the label of troll that you want to bring up and put on me every time a discussion of trolling comes up. I am asking you now to stop, just like I have in the past.

If you don't want to stop, that's fine. But rest assured I will respond if you continue to do this to me.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 11:23 AM
Jesus Christ you guys need to chill. All you do is point fingers. "Oh noes he said something I didn't like, so he's got to be a troll!" Not everyone will agree with everything you say, and when they don't, you automatically label it as "trolling"? Come on now guys.

This is a perfectly rational topic to discuss. In the end, it's obvious we can't do anything about it if Kawhi goes off to be an all star. I just kind of got that feeling back in '09 when we passed on Dejaun Blair. He went crazy in the preseason, gathering around like 16 rebounds a game if I remember correctly, including around 20 in his first game. We all know how that turned out right? Hansbrough > Blair

All I'm saying is we should keep tabs on him to see how he does. Hopefully he doesn't become too good, and I'm pretty confident that'll be the case. 1-6, 3 points 3 rebounds. No worries here. Atleast not just yet....

Trophy
12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
:onozomg:

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
The fact that the only game winner in the preseason was made by the rookie WE traded gives me a horrible feeling in my stomach, like when you know something bad is about to happen. Maybe it's just my overly exaggerated pessimistic ways? I don't know, but one things for sure, he looks like a decent player.

Frostwolf
12-22-2011, 11:38 AM
Maybe it's just my overly exaggerated pessimistic ways?

yes.

I don't know, but one things for sure, he looks like a decent player.

duh, why do you think the spurs wanted him?

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I don't care

Neither do I.

Leonard was who the Spurs wanted Bird to pick. He was their choice, and definately not mine. W/o a doubt there will be a player 16-30 that will end up being a better player Kawhi Leonard. Probably even a 2nd rounder as well.

My opinion still hasn't changed in that I feel the Pacers could have gotten a better player in the draft than what George Hill will be. I'm not Rumplestiltskin unhappy with getting Hill just feel there was better available. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

I just have this feeling that Hill is basically a rental. It will be interesting to see what happens when Hill becomes a RFA. If he leaves thru FA, Pacerland will explode for trading for him. JMOAA

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Even a blind dog finds a fire hydrant.

Never heard that one. Always the blind squirrel and a nut.

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 11:51 AM
In retrospect I think we should have traded back

I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all.

duke dynamite
12-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Jesus Christ you guys need to chill. All you do is point fingers. "Oh noes he said something I didn't like, so he's got to be a troll!" Not everyone will agree with everything you say, and when they don't, you automatically label it as "trolling"? Come on now guys.

This is a perfectly rational topic to discuss. In the end, it's obvious we can't do anything about it if Kawhi goes off to be an all star. I just kind of got that feeling back in '09 when we passed on Dejaun Blair. He went crazy in the preseason, gathering around like 16 rebounds a game if I remember correctly, including around 20 in his first game. We all know how that turned out right? Hansbrough > Blair

All I'm saying is we should keep tabs on him to see how he does. Hopefully he doesn't become too good, and I'm pretty confident that'll be the case. 1-6, 3 points 3 rebounds. No worries here. Atleast not just yet....
But the thing is back in 2009 everyone passed on Blair.

That and I believe this is like the third thread you've called yourself a pessimist in.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I wouldn't have had a problem with that at all.

Well maybe in retaliation for Kawhi being an elite player in this league, Bird should end up getting fired. The only thing is, when/if Kawhi does breakout as an all star type talent, there's a good chance Bird would already be retired by then.

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Well maybe in retaliation for Kawhi being an elite player in this league, Bird should end up getting fired. The only thing is, when/if Kawhi does breakout as an all star type talent, there's a good chance Bird would already be retired by then.
Make sure to bump this thread when ever that happens.. I highly doubt Leonard ever becomes more than a rotational player with marginal offensive skills.

PR07
12-22-2011, 12:26 PM
Leonard may turn out into a nice player, but he there were no minutes for him here with Granger and George both natural 3's. We drafted him for the Spurs.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 12:31 PM
Leonard may turn out into a nice player, but he there were no minutes for him here with Granger and George both natural 3's. We drafted him for the Spurs.

But Paul George plays the 2 spot at the moment. Dahntay Jones is essentially our backup SF right now. That's BS! Leonard's build is much more suitable to play the 3 position. When you put players out of their natural positions in NBA, bad things happen.

cdash
12-22-2011, 12:34 PM

I'm not a huge George Hill fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I really like that deal. Like you (and others) have said, he wasn't going to play on this team, and we are at the point where we need more veterans and less young guys. It was a solid move then, and it is a solid move now. By the way, Kawhi Leonard had the worst +/- of anyone on San Antonio last night. He was a -17 for the game. Only TJ Ford was close to him at -15. I know that is a flawed stat, but he didn't have a good game and you take that one shot away (his only made field goal), and he had a very poor game.

vnzla81
12-22-2011, 12:39 PM
Not a game winner but a buzzer beater take that OP :-p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qq4S-5SKuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM

ckill?
aaron?

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Not a game winner but a buzzer beater take that OP :-p

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qq4S-5SKuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lmao!!! Thanks for pointing out that George Hill has never made a game winning bucket before. To all of you people who say "Big deal everyone on the spurs hit game winners", that statement is now invalid. Kawhi Leonard did it in his 2nd ever NBA game.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 12:51 PM
I have no problem dropping it, I wouldn't have even brought it back up had I known you still posted here, but I hadn't seen you in a while.

To be clear though, I do stand by what I said, but I also told you last year that you had changed a lot since the RealGM days. I have no hard feelings or anything like that, but I also believe there was more to it than just a difference of opinion as well.

Regardless, welcome back.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 12:52 PM
Lmao!!! Thanks for pointing out that George Hill has never made a game winning bucket before. To all of you people who say "Big deal everyone on the spurs hit game winners", that statement is now invalid. Kawhi Leonard did it in his 2nd ever NBA game.

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Really not trying to start anything, just curious.

Day-V
12-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Kawhi Leonard did it in his 2nd ever NBA game*.

*Preseason

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Really not trying to start anything, just curious.

I'm 20. What of it?

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Like I said, just curious.

tadscout
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM

Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy made game winning baskets...

RWB
12-22-2011, 01:11 PM
Like I said, just curious.

Can't be Earl can it?

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Can't be Earl can it?

I'm nobody you know. Just a passionate pacers fan.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy made game winning baskets...

But not in the preseason, so it doesn't really count...

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
But not in the preseason, so it doesn't really count...

Exactly.

90'sNBARocked
12-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm 20. What of it?

"insert hissing cat sound"

MTM
12-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm nobody you know. Just a passionate pacers fan.

Now I regret standing up for you earlier in the post... this string has gotten out of control.

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Now I regret standing up for you earlier in the post... this string has gotten out of control.

http://icanhasinternets.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/haters.gif

PacersHomer
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/cool_story_bro.gif

duke dynamite
12-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm nobody you know. Just a pessimistic* pacers fan.
Fixed.

*Based of past statements and current thread.

Day-V
12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
I can understand why the guy is a little pessimistic. He probably doesn't remember much of the mid-late 90's teams. His formative years he was stuck with guys like Al No-Sharrington, Jamaal Tinsley, and Metta World Peace. He's known nothing but chaos and questionable Front Office decision-making.

I'm just glad that I was fortunate enough to have been born a few years earlier into a family of die-hard Pacers fans and therefore was able to remember the 90's teams more vividly as I grew up.

Anthem
12-22-2011, 04:34 PM
and I'm pretty sure its been established that i'm just dumb, not a troll.
:laugh: And just like that, flox wins the thread.

Enough drama, peeps. Let's get down to enjoying some Pacers basketball.

trey
12-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Wow no pacer fan cares about Kawhi Leonard anymore. Why would we even follow what he does? To beat ourselves up over a decision that was made which we had no control over and have no ability to change? Pointless. Please stop posting about Kawhi, nobody cares.

Anthem
12-22-2011, 05:05 PM
Wow no pacer fan cares about Kawhi Leonard anymore. Why would we even follow what he does? To beat ourselves up over a decision that was made which we had no control over and have no ability to change? Pointless. Please stop posting about Kawhi, nobody cares.
You must be unfamiliar with our "two players forever linked" series.

It's an internet forum all about discussing things that we have no ability to change. It's a valid thread.

trey
12-22-2011, 05:11 PM
Well I wouldn't flip on anyone else over a thread like this but I just saw this guy bring up Kawhi Leonard for no reason in another thread, so that's why I'm directing this towards him. I understand what an internet forum is about.

mattie
12-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Hindsight doesn't change whether the deal was correct or not. That's where you're wrong. You can't see in the future, so the only possible way to judge the trade is to properly evaluate talent given up versus talent taken. We traded for an established pro. We gave up the 15th pick. Using history, the 15th pick is essentially worthless.

Even if Lenoard defies the odds as someone earlier mentioned, it doesn't mean the trade was wrong. It just meant Leanard defied all odds to become a better than expected 15th pick.

Noodle
12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I face-palmed over this thread. Not because of the topic, but how some you you jump on people. I clicked on it to see how the kid(Leonard) was doing. I don't mind comparing results of a trade that alters us for good or bad, and the same is said for the few who clicked on it only to troll on the guy who posted it. If Leonard did turn out to be a stud, many of you would be busting Bird's balls about how horrible that trade was. Cut the guy some slack. Maybe, I should qoute his post and highlight the part where he cracked on the 1 for 6 shooting performance.... Geesh, stay classy PD, even if there is credit due for your claims. Let the admins decide who the trolls are.

cdash
12-22-2011, 08:05 PM
I face-palmed over this thread. Not because of the topic, but how some you you jump on people. I clicked on it to see how the kid(Leonard) was doing. I don't mind comparing results of a trade that alters us for good or bad, and the same is said for the few who clicked on it only to troll on the guy who posted it. If Leonard did turn out to be a stud, many of you would be busting Bird's balls about how horrible that trade was. Cut the guy some slack. Maybe, I should qoute his post and highlight the part where he cracked on the 1 for 6 shooting performance.... Geesh, stay classy PD, even if there is credit due for your claims. Let the admins decide who the trolls are.

They have. I believe he has been deemed a troll by them as well.

flox
12-22-2011, 10:47 PM
I have no problem dropping it, I wouldn't have even brought it back up had I known you still posted here, but I hadn't seen you in a while.

To be clear though, I do stand by what I said, but I also told you last year that you had changed a lot since the RealGM days. I have no hard feelings or anything like that, but I also believe there was more to it than just a difference of opinion as well.

Regardless, welcome back.

Thank you! Thank you. Thank you!

:laugh: And just like that, flox wins the thread.

Enough drama, peeps. Let's get down to enjoying some Pacers basketball.

Thank you!

They have. I believe he has been deemed a troll by them as well.

Haha us "trolls" should unionize =)

Drewtone
12-23-2011, 11:31 AM
Just because I see the game differently and I happen to agree with O'Brien 98% of the time, and provide similar logic to him does not constitute me being a troll. Just because I hold unpopular opinions that are usually unwelcome in this forum because god forbid, someone actually likes a player that other people hate, does not mean I am trolling.

Troll!!!!!

J/K... good to see the regulars back.

While I agree somewhat about JJ having few true PG skills, I still liked him at PG better than TJ.

Jon Theodore
12-23-2011, 05:20 PM
How many trades have the Spurs done recently, where they "lost" or got the short end of the stick?

xBulletproof
12-23-2011, 08:14 PM
How many trades have the Spurs done recently, where they "lost" or got the short end of the stick?

Off the top of my head they traded Goran Dragic for some guy who's never done anything, and they also trade Luis Scola for a poo poo platter as well. ;)

3 8 thee great t h
12-24-2011, 04:09 AM
Hindsight doesn't change whether the deal was correct or not. That's where you're wrong. You can't see in the future, so the only possible way to judge the trade is to properly evaluate talent given up versus talent taken. We traded for an established pro. We gave up the 15th pick. Using history, the 15th pick is essentially worthless.

Even if Lenoard defies the odds as someone earlier mentioned, it doesn't mean the trade was wrong. It just meant Leanard defied all odds to become a better than expected 15th pick.

You were right about the whole trade situation and everything but the only thing I would say is that it doesn't matter that he was number 15 because he could still be an all star...ask Steve Nash! Actually we got granger and bibber at 17 who one was named an all star and one is supposedly will be. Rondo wis picked 21 Manu 53 ellis 40 if I'm not mistaken just all depends on the playEr his will to be great and also the system he's in that's all I'm saying!