PDA

View Full Version : Rockets, Samuel Dalembert agree to two year deal

Basketball Fan
12-21-2011, 10:18 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7377238/sources-houston-rockets-samuel-dalembert-reach-two-year-deal

Sources: Samuel Dalembert agrees

The Houston Rockets have reached terms on a new contract with free-agent center Samuel Dalembert, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Dalembert has agreed to a two-year deal worth $13.7 million -- $7 million this season and $6.7 million in 2012-13. But the Rockets have a team option for the second season that would allow them to buy out of the contract for a fee of $1.5 million.

Dalembert

Dalembert told Fox Sports Florida on Tuesday night that he was on the verge of re-signing with the Sacramento Kings, but the Kings issued a news release Wednesday afternoon saying they had withdrawn their offer to Dalembert.

The Rockets held a face-to-face visit with Dalembert early in free agency but made no secret that their dream target to replace the retired Yao Ming was Los Angeles Lakers big man Pau Gasol.

The Rockets thought they had Gasol, too, only for NBA commissioner David Stern to step in and veto a three-team trade that would have sent Chris Paul from the league-owned New Orleans Hornets to the Lakers and Gasol to Houston.

Paul was subsequently traded to the Los Angeles Clippers. With its No. 1 free-agent target Nene having also elected to re-sign with the Denver Nuggets, Houston moved Wednesday to seal a deal with Dalembert before Sacramento could finalize a deal to keep the Haiti native

graphic-er
12-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Wish we would have signed him.

imawhat
12-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Thabeet would've been gone if they'd made this move two weeks ago.

McKeyFan
12-22-2011, 07:19 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty decent price.

D-BONE
12-22-2011, 08:28 AM
Would've pushed Roy to the 2nd unit IMO. But whether starting or off the bench, would've been depth we're looking for at the 5 plus good quality - boards, D - precisely an area of weakness for us.

naptownmenace
12-22-2011, 10:39 AM
Yeah, that's a pretty decent price.

He actually took a paycut from what he made last year. I'm sure he's probably disappointed.

I'm liking the restraint that Teams are showing. It seems that everyone is only getting 1-2 year deals and the players are getting less than they would've a couple of years ago. I think that's going to be the norm for role players and non-All-Stars from now on.

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
He actually took a paycut from what he made last year.

I'm liking the restraint that Teams are showing. It seems that everyone is only getting 1-2 year deals and the players are getting less than they would've a couple of years ago. I think that's going to be the norm for role players and non-All-Stars from now on.

I've always felt Dalembert would sign for less than what he previously made. With this type of contract, he's a steal. The most it could cost the Rockets is 8.5 mil for 1 year. IMO, he would have put pressure on Hibbert to up his game or else. I'm absolutely envious that the Rockets got him for this type of a deal. He's exactly the "D" and rebounder the Pacers need playing center, and at such a bargain! Would you rather have Dalembert or Kwame Brown at 7 mil this season? That's a no brainer, just plain theft. This would have been the deal that could have really taken the Pacers to the next level this year. It would have been hard for Chicago to have to go up against the Pacers front line. ADVANTAGE PACERS!!!!

Couldn't agree more with your 2nd part of your post.

Sparhawk
12-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I've always felt Dalembert would sign for less than what he previously made. With this type of contract, he's a steal. The most it could cost the Rockets is 8.5 mil for 1 year. IMO, he would have put pressure on Hibbert to up his game or else. I'm absolutely envious that the Rockets got him for this type of a deal. He's exactly the "D" and rebounder the Pacers need playing center, and at such a bargain! Would you rather have Dalembert or Kwame Brown at 7 mil this season? That's a no brainer, just plain theft. This would have been the deal that could have really taken the Pacers to the next level this year. It would have been hard for Chicago to have to go up against the Pacers front line. ADVANTAGE PACERS!!!!

Couldn't agree more with your 2nd part of your post.

Really would have liked to pick up Dalembert. Just have to trust Larry & Co to come up with a steal of a deal before the trade deadline.