PDA

View Full Version : First trailer for The Hobbit!

Suaveness
12-20-2011, 11:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G0k3kHtyoqc

Gorgeous.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:09 AM
I think this will be a lot of fun. I was thrilled when Peter Jackson wound up back in the director's chair for this because I knew it would mean terrific continuity between these films and the Lord of the Rings. Plus of course having the actors return who have characters in both sets of films. Love that I get two more movies with Gandalf the Grey.

Reading the Hobbit is what really got me into Middle Earth and was the only thing I had completely read of Tolkien heading into the movies in 2001, where Fellowship took what I had imagined in the Hobbit and ran with it brilliantly.

I hope people who only are familiar with the LOTR movies realize this won't be like they were. This is much more of a classic fantasy adventure in terms of it not being an epic, but still packed with some great stuff.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:31 AM
Yeah, there are going to be a ton of confused people. My g/f had no idea WTF I was talking about when I told her this was coming out. She had no idea The Hobbit ever existed. Almost makes me wish they started here, and worked there way back.

Peck
12-21-2011, 04:14 AM
I can't wait.

Sparhawk
12-21-2011, 08:41 AM
Like someone else said.

TAKE MY MONEY!!