PDA

View Full Version : What's with the gold belts the Pistons are wearing tonight?

BostonConnection
11-02-2004, 08:04 PM
I'm watching the opening ceremony for the Pistons/Rockets game, and each of the Pistons is wearing a boxing-style "championship belt". :rolleyes:

(and yes, I know why they're wearing them, just seems a little dopey....)

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 08:09 PM
Boxing / Wrestling whatever ..It goes with the World Champion Theme.

Notice when they Called Prince's Name they had to bring up the Reggie Miller Block :mad:

Lord Helmet
11-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I guess because they can.I hope the Pacers are watching the championship ceremony for Detroit.

Lord Helmet
11-02-2004, 08:14 PM

Notice when they Called Prince's Name they had to bring up the Reggie Miller Block :mad:
:mad: I know its almost like they won't let us forget it.And now Kstat has it in his sig :mad: ;)

obnoxiousmodesty
11-02-2004, 08:18 PM

:mad: I know its almost like they won't let us forget it.And now Kstat has it in his sig :mad: ;)

Just turn sigs off if it bugs you. Along with bringing back bad memories, they are a common nuisance to dial-up users like myself. :angel:

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 08:22 PM
Well not like the Pacers haven't done some corny stuff before , I dunno I thought it was alright ..woulda been better if it was the Pacers , but hey it's a new season and Detriot has the monkey on there backs.

Shade
11-02-2004, 08:29 PM
That's bush league stuff.

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 08:31 PM
That's bush league stuff.

:einstein::einstein::einstein::einstein:

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 08:45 PM
I just use Firefox to block all the large images or whatever I don't like seeing , It's like a personal block from loading any image I like :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I like most people's sigs , but some people really take it too far and it really distracts from the thread and the persons post , plus it looks so much cleaner IMHO.

I don't mind text sigs , but I have never been a big fan on any messageboard of images for sigs , but that's just me and like I said I can easily take care of the problem in Firefox ;)

Shade
11-02-2004, 08:47 PM
I just noticed the Pistons are also wearing gold championship trophy patches on their jerseys. So much for winning graciously. :rolleyes:

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I just noticed the Pistons are also wearing gold championship trophy patches on their jerseys. So much for winning graciously. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with that :confused: , if the Pacers did it would you be complaining about it :confused: ..Probably not :p

Stryder
11-02-2004, 09:14 PM
Yup, turning off all of the obnoxious and ridiculous sigs and avatars does wonders...

obnoxiousmodesty
11-02-2004, 09:38 PM

I imagine that's just for tonight, and if so, that's okay with me. You should be able to celebrate as your team raises the banner.

ChicagoJ
11-02-2004, 09:41 PM
No fooling. Sounds like jealousy to me, anyway.

They earned it, let them enjoy it (even if it did come at our expense.)

Kstat
11-02-2004, 09:48 PM

Yeah, like if this was the Pacers you'd be saying the same thing.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

BostonConnection
11-02-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't think the patches are a big deal, they did earn that.

Actually, I think the Pistons should wear those gold belts during the game, could set a new NBA fashion trend...:laugh:

MSA2CF
11-02-2004, 09:58 PM
Didn't there used to be a limit on the size of avatar/sig images?

Hicks
11-02-2004, 10:06 PM
The limit is set to 250h x 175w , yet for some reason it didn't resize Kstat's, and let it stay at 300h x 200w. You should try to change that, Kstat; gettin' pretty big.

Shade
11-02-2004, 10:10 PM

I imagine that's just for tonight, and if so, that's okay with me. You should be able to celebrate as your team raises the banner.

If it's just for tonight, that's one thing. But it just reeks of egotism to me.

Kstat
11-02-2004, 10:19 PM

If it's just for tonight, that's one thing. But it just reeks of egotism to me.

Yeah, cause its not like winning the title is a good reason to puff your chest out, or anything.....:rolleyes:

It all comes with the perks of being the champ. If Indiana ever wins one, you'll understand.

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Maybe it was Wonder Commish Idea of David Stern :whoknows: Like I said earlier if the Pacers were champs and had those patches no one would care , Detriot Earned the Championship and brought it Back to the East.

When the Pacers when it all I am sure there we be alot of celebration just like the Pistons done tonight.

Kstat
11-02-2004, 10:43 PM
Pistons win, 87-79. Prince and Ben put the shackles on Yao and TMac, and Rasheed took care of the scoring......good god, he is talented. He did things tonight I didn;t see him so ALL of last season. He finally looks %100.

We're 1-0, its your guys' turn tomorrow......

Lord Helmet
11-02-2004, 11:03 PM

:shudder: I hope we can pull out a win.

ImCrazyB
11-02-2004, 11:04 PM
Pistons win, 87-79. Prince and Ben put the shackles on Yao and TMac, and Rasheed took care of the scoring......good god, he is talented. He did things tonight I didn;t see him so ALL of last season. He finally looks %100.

Next time you see Dice, Tell him that this isn't football and he isn't a kicker.

It looks also like Rip learned a few elbowing tricks from Ron Artest..I saw a few elbows fly into CWards chest..Lol

Kstat
11-02-2004, 11:09 PM

Next time you see Dice, Tell him that this isn't football and he isn't a kicker.

It looks also like Rip learned a few elbowing tricks from Ron Artest..I saw a few elbows fly into CWards chest..Lol

Yeah, the good thing is, now McDyess knows the rule.....

fortunately, all 5 starters reached double-figures, in cluding Ben, and who CONTINUES to knock down those jumpers, whihc he's been working on all summer.....

Our bench sucked, but McDyess got tossed early, and Delfino got stuck guarding TMac the whole game. Heck of a baptism for a rookie in his 1st game.

I have to say I'm pleased with tonight, ESPECIALLY with Rasheed.

J-Wont
11-02-2004, 11:11 PM
A healthy Pacers team vs a healthy Pistons team is won by Indy 8 times outta 10.
I just hope we're healthy throughout the playoffs, if we are I don't sweat Detroit at all. Not nearly enough scoring to keep up with Indiana. Remember, Indy's #3 scorer Stephen Jackson was a better scorer last year then anyone on the Pistons. Thats pretty damn impressive.

Kstat
11-02-2004, 11:25 PM
A healthy Pacers team vs a healthy Pistons team is won by Indy 8 times outta 10.
I just hope we're healthy throughout the playoffs, if we are I don't sweat Detroit at all. Not nearly enough scoring to keep up with Indiana. Remember, Indy's #3 scorer Stephen Jackson was a better scorer last year then anyone on the Pistons. Thats pretty damn impressive.

:rolleyes::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laug h::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jerm
11-03-2004, 12:02 AM
I thought the belts were silly, and I'm not speaking out of jealousy.

I would be pretty annoyed if the Pacers did something like that.

Anthem
11-03-2004, 12:21 AM
I kinda thought the belts were silly, but the Pistons get to do whatever they want. They won the championship.

The belts, however, aren't nearly as silly as J-Wont.

Kstat
11-03-2004, 12:25 AM
I kinda thought the belts were silly, but the Pistons get to do whatever they want. They won the championship.

The belts, however, aren't nearly as silly as J-Wont.

Amen.

He's good for a chuckle every now and then, though.

Kstat
11-03-2004, 02:56 AM
Well, it seems the belts were Sheed's idea:

The heavyweight title belts Tuesday seemed overly theatrical, contradicting the no-nonsense approach that made this evening possible. But Rasheed Wallace thought of it, believing that the Pistons must adopt the mind-set of a championship fighter now that they'll wear targets on their chests for 82 nights this season.

I have to admit its an odd tactic, but I like the fact Rasheed is taking a leadership role on the club this year. You don't repeat as champions by being humble.

Fool
11-03-2004, 07:48 AM
I thought it was very dumb when I saw it but once I heard Sheed bought them all for the returning guys it was a different story. (It seems like kind of a goof now where as if the organization did it, it would have just been ridiculous.)

I also was surprised with the trophy patch. I'm a Piston fan so that might play into it but I didn't see it a cocky and its not like anyone is going to forget that the team is the champs. But goodness, could you imagine if MJ would have worn all his trophies on his uni?

King Mob
11-03-2004, 12:39 PM
LB just had hip surgery, he's expected to miss 15 games.

ChicagoJ
11-03-2004, 12:44 PM
He's still more durable than Bender.

Kstat
11-03-2004, 02:47 PM

Yeah, can you imagine BENDER coming back in 10 days after major hip surgery?:laugh:

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 04:59 PM

Yeah, can you imagine BENDER coming back in 10 days after major hip surgery?:laugh:

More like 10 months :devil:

waxman
11-03-2004, 05:03 PM
You don't repeat as champions by being humble.

Maybe so... but a little class can go a long way on a PACERS forum.... I don't want to put you on ignore...(not that you care), because I value the stuff you have to say.... sometimes. But the attitude... and the Piston rhetoric gets old...yeah... we know the Pistons are the Champs. Congrats.... Most people here graciously gave you that months ago...

Now its a new season and your already challanging us to be 1-0 like the Pistons, facectiously lamenting if the Pacers will ever win a championship...and then the sig. line video ...just there to rub our noses in it.....lame.....to be like that on a PACERS forum when the moderators have always had your back.... It hints of disrespect.

Its a long season.... lets enjoy it.... everyone will be worked up enough by the end of it.

Hicks
11-03-2004, 05:03 PM
I can't imagine any player coming back 10 days after major hip surgery.

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 05:10 PM
I can't imagine any player coming back 10 days after major hip surgery.

hey if anyone could do it or try to do it would be Ron Artest :devil: , I think you could cut both his legs off and he would still beg Rick to play :laugh::laugh:

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Oh and btw I wasn't here last January for the great Kstat Meltdown , when he threw in the towel last year :confused:

Heard alot about it :p

Shade
11-03-2004, 05:15 PM
As far as the belts and patches go, Kstat, they're still bush league stuff. Detroit won the title months ago and have had plenty of time to enjoy it. Rubbing it in everyone else's face all season long reeks of disrespect. No other championship team has done these gimmicky things (not to mention the streamers at the end of the first regular season game :rolleyes:).

the Pistons are acting like a bunch of classless children. And, yes, it would bother me if the Pacers did the same kind of thing. The Pistons had their moment, now it's a new season.

Kstat
11-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Maybe so... but a little class can go a long way on a PACERS forum....

Was I wearing a champion belt last night? I must have forgotten.

I don't want to put you on ignore...

Well, thank goodness

But the attitude... and the Piston rhetoric gets old...yeah... we know the Pistons are the Champs. Congrats.... Most people here graciously gave you that months ago...

.....and the ring ceremony was LAST NIGHT.......:rolleyes:

Attitude? I have an attitude?:laugh: If you think I have a bad attitude, you've never seen one before....

Now its a new season and your already challanging us to be 1-0 like the Pistons, facectiously lamenting if the Pacers will ever win a championship...

Sorry, did you want me to challenge you to keep pace with the Bulls?

When exactly, did I openly question wether the Pacers would ever win a title?

...and then the sig. line video ...just there to rub our noses in it.....lame.....

I'm sorry, since, you know, nobody here ever posts sigs or avatars of a pacer making a play against a PISTON or anything....:rolleyes:

How about I change my name to "Pacers4ever," Use reggie Miller as my avatar, and Jermaine as my sig. Would that make you feel better?

to be like that on a PACERS forum when the moderators have always had your back.... It hints of disrespect.

Once again, if you expect me to be a Pacers fan, you're going to be dissapointed. I've been as respectful as any non-pacers fan could hope to be in here, and the people whose opinions I respect, like MVP(UB), Hicks, TSM, DD, Rim, Anthem, etc have never had a problem with me. Even if they do, I'm not going to change who I am. There's a difference between showing disrespect, and kowtowing. I don't kowtow.

Normally I don't respond to crap like this, but since you put some semblence of thought into it, i'll give it the dignity fo a response.

Lord Helmet
11-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Oh and btw I wasn't here last January for the great Kstat Meltdown , when he threw in the towel last year :confused:

Ok fill me in on what happened.I wasn't here then either I joined in June. ;)

Kstat
11-03-2004, 05:24 PM
As far as the belts and patches go, Kstat, they're still bush league stuff. Detroit won the title months ago and have had plenty of time to enjoy it. Rubbing it in everyone else's face all season long reeks of disrespect. No other championship team has done these gimmicky things (not to mention the streamers at the end of the first regular season game :rolleyes:).

the Pistons are acting like a bunch of classless children. And, yes, it would bother me if the Pacers did the same kind of thing. The Pistons had their moment, now it's a new season.

Yes, god forbid the defending champ do something special on ring night.:rolleyes:

I agree, Shade. We should have just treated it like a regular night, gave no special intros, and just mailed the players the rings.....:rolleyes:

It was Rasheed's decision to wear the belts, because they set the mindest of a defending champion. I stand by his decision. If thats classless in your mind, thats your opinion. I stand by him, in this case.

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Your Kewl With me Kstat , really the only thing I didn't care for was when they announced Prince for his ring and Mentioned the Reggie Block , but oh Well ;) It was a good hussle play in the end , but it still gives me chills cause I was sitting in the corner right there at that game so I had some bad nightmares for awhile.

Some of you guys are really taking the whole thing to personal , hell if we had won Kstat would be listening to us gloating ;)

Kstat
11-03-2004, 05:27 PM

I'll sum it up:

I conceeded the East to Indiana around Janurary. I said the Pistons weren't ready to make the finals that year, UNLESS THEY MADE A TRADE.

I still stand by what I said. Without Rasheed, we were gone in round 2.

I honestly don't see what the big deal was, I didn't quit being a fan, I simply gave up hope, barring a trade, which they made.

Lord Helmet
11-03-2004, 05:44 PM

I'll sum it up:

I conceeded the East to Indiana around Janurary. I said the Pistons weren't ready to make the finals that year, UNLESS THEY MADE A TRADE.

I still stand by what I said. Without Rasheed, we were gone in round 2.

I honestly don't see what the big deal was, I didn't quit being a fan, I simply gave up hope, barring a trade, which they made.

Oh. Well Kstat I think you are a very respectful poster for being a Piston fan on a Pacers board (Along with the other Piston fans here) If any of you think that Kstat just tries to clown us and rub it in that we lost go to Indystar.Should I mention epubdatazone or whatever his name is?

TheSauceMaster
11-03-2004, 05:51 PM
The IndyStar Board :shudder::shudder::shudder:

Lord Helmet
11-03-2004, 05:56 PM
The IndyStar Board :shudder::shudder::shudder:
Yea that board reaks of putrid smell.

waxman
11-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Maybe so... but a little class can go a long way on a PACERS forum....

Was I wearing a champion belt last night? I must have forgotten.

Yeah that does sound kinda stupid now that I read...it.

I don't want to put you on ignore...

Well, thank goodness

You left out... (like you would care) ...from my quote here.... in reference to my knowing you wouldn't care.

But the attitude... and the Piston rhetoric gets old...yeah... we know the Pistons are the Champs. Congrats.... Most people here graciously gave you that months ago...

.....and the ring ceremony was LAST NIGHT.......:rolleyes:

Attitude? I have an attitude?:laugh: If you think I have a bad attitude, you've never seen one before....

True... again congrats.

Didn't say you had a bad attitude... I meant more of an attitude of infalibility.... being more-correct than who your engaging with.... or maybe i'm mis-interpreting the tone of your posts.

Now its a new season and your already challanging us to be 1-0 like the Pistons, facectiously lamenting if the Pacers will ever win a championship...

Sorry, did you want me to challenge you to keep pace with the Bulls?

You know you weren't saying it as some... "motivational yardstick"... so to speak... your looking for a season long pissing contest really.

When exactly, did I openly question wether the Pacers would ever win a title?

Earlier in this thread....where you said.... "It all comes with the perks of being the champ. If Indiana ever wins one, you'll understand."
---

and then the sig. line video ...just there to rub our noses in it.....lame.....

I'm sorry, since, you know, nobody here ever posts sigs or avatars of a pacer making a play against a PISTON or anything....:rolleyes:

Which is usually in response to something you typed or video/Avy you put up.

How about I change my name to "Pacers4ever," Use reggie Miller as my avatar, and Jermaine as my sig. Would that make you feel better?

No....That wouldn't change who you are.

to be like that on a PACERS forum when the moderators have always had your back.... It hints of disrespect.

Once again, if you expect me to be a Pacers fan, you're going to be dissapointed. I've been as respectful as any non-pacers fan could hope to be in here, and the people whose opinions I respect, like MVP(UB), Hicks, TSM, DD, Rim, Anthem, etc have never had a problem with me. Even if they do, I'm not going to change who I am. There's a difference between showing disrespect, and kowtowing. I don't kowtow.

kowtowing isn't necessary...

I don't post here everyday....but i am here at some point every day... The people at Pacers Digest forum go out of the way to make you feel comfortable here... sometimes moreso than there fellow Pacers fans. A little humility in return is appreciated.

Don't take any of this personally...you add an interesting twist to this forum... I would hate to see that change.....Its just a couple posts in this thread just kinda snowballed and irritated me.... no biggie.

Thanks for your time.

sorry if quotation crap wasn't done properly.....

:boomer: