PDA

View Full Version : Report: Monta Ellis accused of sexual harrassment

Basketball Fan
12-20-2011, 09:42 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/33974082

Report: Monta Ellis accused of sexual harassment

By Matt Moore

The Contra Costa Times reports that a lawsuit will be filed Wednesday morning on behalf of a former Warriors employee alleging Monta Ellis sexually harrassed the plaintiff and that the Warriors terminated the employee in an effort to cover up the scandal. From the Contra Costa Times:

According to an email from the Law Offices of Burton F. Boltuch, the plaintiff will file the suit Wednesday morning in Oakland at the Superior Court of Alameda County. Afterward, a press conference will be held to discuss the allegations.

According to Boltuch, the plaintiff is accusing Ellis of sexually harassing her from November 2010 to January 2011. The accuser, according to Boltuch, has photo evidence of the harrassment, which he claims was sent from Ellis’ cell phone to the plaintiff.

The photo will be revealed – along with the identity of the accuser – at the press conference, Boltuch said.

“You will be shocked when you see it,” Boltuch said. “It’s pretty disgusting and graphic.”
via Monta Ellis, Warriors to be in Sexual Harrassment Suit - Inside the Warriors - with Marcus Thompson.

There's no indication of the nature of the photograph or th circumstances of the employee's termination, as the Warriors have yet to issue a statement. We'll keep you updated on how this story develops

PacerPenguins
12-20-2011, 09:42 PM
bad boy

Basketball Fan
12-20-2011, 09:44 PM
You would think he would learn from Grandpa Favre

Or Ron Artest.

Or Greg Orden

"Don't Tweet your Meat"

BlueNGold
12-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Oh the shock of it.

naptownmenace
12-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Should we still trade Granger for him?

;)

Pacer Fan
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Get him now at a discount. He would bring everything we need. This charge will stay in warrior nation, then fade away.

Iceman1
12-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Hmmmm.....I'm sure his penis was hacked......

Peck
12-21-2011, 07:16 PM
Hmmmm.....I'm sure his penis was hacked......

That sounds painful.

vnzla81
12-21-2011, 07:24 PM
You would think he would learn from Grandpa Favre

Or Ron Artest.

Or Greg Orden

"Don't Tweet your Meat"

Or George Hill ;)

Richard_Skull
12-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Boltuch... sounds eerily similar to BallTouch. LOL. I can imagine some foreign reporter saying it that way. Perfect name for a sexual harassment case.

Although it's probably pronounced Bol tuck. but still...

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 08:55 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/12/21/ba-ellis22_SFC0105749490_part6.jpg

Is it racist to think that she looks like his mom? :confused:

Basketball Fan
12-21-2011, 10:27 PM
http://imgs.sfgate.com/c/pictures/2011/12/21/ba-ellis22_SFC0105749490_part6.jpg

Is it racist to think that she looks like his mom? :confused:

She kind of looks like Jemele Hill from ESPN

Basketball Fan
12-21-2011, 11:10 PM
Warriors issue statement

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2011/12/21/warriors-statement-on-monta-ellis-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/

STATEMENT FROM WARRIORS PRESIDENT & CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER RICK WELTS

OAKLAND, CA – The following statement was issued today by Warriors President & Chief Operating Officer Rick Welts on behalf of the Warriors:

“The Golden State Warriors take seriously any allegations of harassment. Let me make this extremely clear: The Warriors strive every day to provide a comfortable and professional work environment for all of our employees.

When our new owners arrived in November 2010, we set a path for the organization to be the best in the NBA and an organization we are proud of. We are committed to achieving that goal and we work daily to ensure it happens.

When we were made aware of a consensual relationship between Mr. Ellis and the Plaintiff, we did what an organization should do. We told both to stop – promptly, directly and fairly. The Warriors have never taken any action against the Plaintiff for any inappropriate reason, and we deny the allegations she is making.

We live in a litigious society in which lawsuits too frequently are driven by money and not the pursuit of justice. We will vigorously defend the reputation of the Warriors organization in the courts. We don’t plan to make any further comment about the details of the case.”

ThatPacerFan
12-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Smith's lawyer released the photos that Ellis sent her to the public. If anyone finds the pictures, post them here please.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 12:27 AM
You know, I don't wanna sound mean or anything BUT:

There's a lot of people out there who see a star flirting with them and then they see the money sign.

I realize that there are a lot of real sexual harassment cases that a real. For me it's hard to tell who is really being tortured/threatened or whatever by it simply because I feel like most the cases boil down to greed. It's ashame that I see it that way, but I just think this another case if greed.

Also, I swear I don't mean to be mean, but logically looking at it - I feel like IF sexual harassment were actually the type of thing Monta Ellis would do. He would probably pick someone a little better looking than her. I hate saying that, but he is making over 10M a year and has the fame factor as well. Right or wrong(actually just all wrong) he could really have most any girl he wants.

To me this all looks like some girl who got her feelings hurt and wants to replace them with money. Doesn't sound Like she lost her job or anything like that(although I skimmed through article cuz I'm on phone).

To sum things up: Damn money whores have made me jaded.

Hopefully the judge will find the right outcome.