PDA

View Full Version : Gamethread 12/20/2012 vs Bulls

Pages : 1 2 [3]

BlueNGold
12-21-2011, 12:03 AM
Roy needs to slow down.

Roy needs to hang out with Hans. Maybe a blood transfusion.

Trophy
I'm just being realistic.

:50cent:

ilive4sports

The word you are looking for is pessimistic.

PR07
Saw some good things, saw some bad things. Nothing either way to think we're future champs or to jump off the ledge.

presto123
12-21-2011, 12:04 AM
Roy needs to slow down.

There's no need to rush. Position yourself and back yourself in. No need for happy feet. Just back the defender in with your size and take the hook shot. Something Roy is good at given nice positioning.

It really seems like a mental thing. He's capable of taking his time and using his size in the post.

Will it always be a mental thing? Right now it's hard for me to imagine Roy dominating the C position on a consistent basis.

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:05 AM
:50cent:

This will be the look opponents give us every night after they beat us by 20+ or more.

Trophy
12-21-2011, 12:07 AM
Will it always be a mental thing? Right now it's hard for me to imagine Roy dominating the C position on a consistent basis.

That's really all I can think of.

He has the game and ability to play it, just doesn't bring it all the time and looks nervous which forces him to get stupid and rush.

ilive4sports
The bulls look like a team that didnt really change in the off season. There only addition was Rip right?

The Pacers have a new coaching staff and some key new players and it shows. Our guys just need to play together more than anything imo.

xBulletproof
This will be the look opponents give us every night after they beat us by 20+ or more.

OK, I'm convinced you're the ColdHardFacts guy from earlier in this thread just with a new account. You're making just as little sense, and on a 4 day old account no less.

I know not to bother with this silliness.

Trophy
12-21-2011, 12:08 AM

:troll:

ilive4sports
12-21-2011, 12:09 AM

A single digit loss in preseason to maybe the best team in the league means we will lose by 20 to every team in the league?

billbradley
12-21-2011, 12:09 AM
considering it was preseason, I only think a few things can be counted

1. Roy looks bad
2. Tyler looks great
3. West seems healthy. When Boozer tried to post him up early in the game, West(s knees) didn't budge and forced a TO.

TheDavisBrothers
12-21-2011, 12:10 AM

You do realize that we lost by only 8 to maybe the best team in the league, don't you?

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 12:11 AM
Here's what I see every time Lance gets the ball, from the way he dribbles, to the way he moves himself down the court...a guy looking to make the next "OOOOOOOH" moment on an And1 mixtape. Not necessarily a bad trait, but definitely not a good one.

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
OK, I'm convinced you're the ColdHardFacts guy from earlier in this thread just with a new account. You're making just as little sense, and on a 4 day old account no less.

I know not to bother with this silliness.

No I'm not, I'm sure our different I.P. addresses will blow that theory out the window....

Our defense is horrible. We can't defend pick and rolls, players coming off screens, have trouble rotating etc. We can't pass the ball, initiate ball movement, and we have no real scorer who can create their own shot. We also have no guys who can pass the ball. They are long gone(Josh Mcroberts, Mike Dunleavy). We just look too stale out there. Plain and simple, I don't know why you guys take this as nonsense, when you were watching it the whole game! We were literally trying, and couldn't do ANYTHING against their defense. We also couldn't stop them.

I just don't understand how adding 2 minor players in west and hill, and losing 2 ball movement guys in Dunleavy and McRoberts has made us better. Hill is a fluke, and I'm really starting to wonder if San Antonio actually swindled us. The guys garbage. West is one leap away from busting his knee cap.

End of story

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Glad we'll finally get to play a game that counts on Monday. Hopefully Roy Hibbert pulls himself out of this ridiculous funk that he's already put himself in.

tadscout
12-21-2011, 12:16 AM
http://katie73.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/dont-feed-the-troll.jpg

BlueNGold
12-21-2011, 12:16 AM
Here's what I see every time Lance gets the ball, from the way he dribbles, to the way he moves himself down the court...a guy looking to make the next "OOOOOOOH" moment on an And1 mixtape. Not necessarily a bad trait, but definitely not a good one.

You're only seeing part of the picture. Look under the gloss and he really does have talent. The only real question is whether he will ever apply it. He has a few rare skills that many people simply do not have and they are extremely valuable for a PG. Of course, I actually lack some confidence he will amount to anything, but the raw material is there.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:17 AM

I feel sorry for you that you believe that.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
We must be a pretty awesome when we lose to the team with the best record in the NBA last year who only got better by what? 8 points? All the while we did absolutely nothing right on offense or defense.

Imagine how amazing we will be when we can do anything right.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:21 AM
Hes not the only one who looked lost, though he looked more lost than anyone else. I hope its because the coaches are putting in a new system. It would make me feel a lot better about tonights game.

He did look lost/bad, but to be fair Chicago's D was absolutely smothering him.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:22 AM

Alright, either you need a psychiatrist or you're trolling.

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:23 AM

Ok, I like that you guys are taking what I'm saying as a joke. This will make it all more better when we actually start losing like crazy and I'll be the first one to say...I told ya so.

I've been a pacer fan all my life, but this is not what I was expecting out of Larry Bird's "3 Year Plan". This is a joke. All that cap space and we lose 2 of our most important players(5 in all) and replace them with a guy who comes off a knee injury at the age of 31, and someone who looks like he'll be just as inconsistent as Brandon Rush.

Larry Bird, the genius!

Give me a break

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:24 AM
The bulls look like a team that didnt really change in the off season. There only addition was Rip right?

The Pacers have a new coaching staff and some key new players and it shows. Our guys just need to play together more than anything imo.

This is VERY true. Part of what I've noticed offensively is a lot of guys are trying too hard to find who to pass the ball to to the point where they're not trying hard enough to score for themselves when they probably ought to.

To those who don't know better, I promise you George Hill is much better than these two games would have you believe. Be patient; it's coming.

If Granger doesn't turn a switch when the games get real next week, I'm expecting West to be our best player.

Speaking of which, you can't help but feel his presence when he's out there. I can't wait until he gets fully conditioned and comfortable because he is going to really help us out.

And the best part about him? Any time he struggles or gets in foul trouble, #50 comes in. :devil: I LOVE our power forward tandem. Love it.

And I actually dug seeing them out there together. As long as it's not too rough defensively, I wouldn't mind seeing that on a regular basis.

BlueNGold
12-21-2011, 12:25 AM
Alright, either you need a psychiatrist or you're trolling.

Maybe both.

tadscout
12-21-2011, 12:26 AM
He did look lost/bad, but to be fair Chicago's D was absolutely smothering him.

Yeah seemed like once he got the ball he got double and triple teamed... Give Hibbert and West some time to get used to each other (and West help point things out to him) and I think teams will be less likely to collapse on him - or if they do West will be in position to hit the mid-range J on the kick out.

Ramitt
12-21-2011, 12:27 AM
All that cap space and we lose 2 of our most important players

Wait! Who? What?

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:27 AM
No I'm not, I'm sure our different I.P. addresses will blow that theory out the window....

Our defense is horrible. We can't defend pick and rolls, players coming off screens, have trouble rotating etc. We can't pass the ball, initiate ball movement, and we have no real scorer who can create their own shot. We also have no guys who can pass the ball. They are long gone(Josh Mcroberts, Mike Dunleavy). We just look too stale out there. Plain and simple, I don't know why you guys take this as nonsense, when you were watching it the whole game! We were literally trying, and couldn't do ANYTHING against their defense. We also couldn't stop them.

I just don't understand how adding 2 minor players in west and hill, and losing 2 ball movement guys in Dunleavy and McRoberts has made us better. Hill is a fluke, and I'm really starting to wonder if San Antonio actually swindled us. The guys garbage. West is one leap away from busting his knee cap.

End of story

So then how did all of this misery and loser-stuffed team come up only 8 points short to a clearly superior opponent? Oops.

I can't buy that this isn't an act. That or you are clinically depressed.

Regardless of what your story is, your negativity is pretty stifling and it sucks the positive energy out of the room. If this is all you're going to bring to the table, you may want to consider finding a new forum.

Bird Fan
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Wait! Who? What?

McBob and Dunleavy Jr. ;)

They brought that whiteness night in and night out.

Ramitt
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
McBob and Dunleavy Jr. ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

t1hs0n
12-21-2011, 12:29 AM
All that cap space and we lose 2 of our most important players(5 in all) and replace them with a guy who comes off a knee injury at the age of 31, and someone

lol... who would you be referring to with this?

BlueNGold
And I actually dug seeing them out there together. As long as it's not too rough defensively, I wouldn't mind seeing that on a regular basis.

I'm beginning to think we'll see them out there a lot unless the opposition goes with a giant. West looks thicker than I recall and he's really effective both inside and out...and a good passer. It's going to be very hard to sit two players that productive.

Bird Fan
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Don't you know that there's a reason McRoberts is on the Lakers now... He's clearly too good to be playing on the Pacers.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:30 AM
You're only seeing part of the picture. Look under the gloss and he really does have talent. The only real question is whether he will ever apply it. He has a few rare skills that many people simply do not have and they are extremely valuable for a PG. Of course, I actually lack some confidence he will amount to anything, but the raw material is there.

I'm with you. He'll do it in a way that makes some cringe (it's just not their preferred style for a PG... at all), but once those shots start dropping (and I think they will) and those passes start landing at the right times (as they already were starting to do at times last year), I think people will at least turn around so much as to admit he's doing something positive out there.

I'm by no means convinced he'll earn a long-term place on our team, though. He has to prove a LOT.

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:32 AM
So then how did all of this misery and loser-stuffed team come up only 8 points short to a clearly superior opponent? Oops.

I can't buy that this isn't an act. That or you are clinically depressed.

Regardless of what your story is, your negativity is pretty stifling and it sucks the positive energy out of the room. If this is call you're going to bring to the table, you may want to consider finding a new forum.

I apologize if I'm spawning any kind of negative energy in this forum, but I like to look at myself as a very realistic person. I'm not depressed, maybe a little pessimistic, yes, but overall I'm a happy person.

Can you also consider the fact that we played much better against them last year? I can remember us only losing to them by maybe only 1 or 2 possessions the first 4 games of the series. So if you look at it closely enough, it's like we've decreased a little bit and haven't gotten better.

neosmndrew
12-21-2011, 12:34 AM
You are being much more an alarmist than a realist. Once again: 2 games, whose result mean ziltch.

t1hs0n
12-21-2011, 12:34 AM

Yes... there is no way that you could be posting from different user names and different ip's whilst still being the same person. /green

No one here is smart enough to see through that master plan. /green

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:35 AM
lol... who would you be referring to with this?

Where was the ball movement tonight? These two guys I mention initiated our passing game. I always saw Mike cutting to the basket and getting easy lay-ups, I always saw McRoberts' exciting chemestry with hibbert, and making crisp dime passes. They weren't our best players offensively, but they provided a key role to us in the passing game. Tonight we just looked stiff out there, playing a lot of one on one.

And in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the talent like the Miami Heat to resort to that. One on one basketball is not an option. We have to work as a team and use ball movement

Mr_Smith
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Had to DVR the game tonight, still debating whether i should watch it or not. I hate watching a loss, preseason or not.

Pacemaker
12-21-2011, 12:36 AM
I liked David's performance in limited minutes:

8 pts (4-8)FG, 4 reb, 1ast, 1stl in 15 minutes not bad!

t1hs0n
12-21-2011, 12:37 AM
I apologize if I'm spawning any kind of negative energy in this forum, but I like to look at myself as a very realistic person. I'm not depressed, maybe a little pessimistic, yes, but overall I'm a happy person.

We are going to lose every night by 20 is realistic?

Total hyperbole at best, mental problems at worst.

ilive4sports
12-21-2011, 12:37 AM

I definitely see it. Of course he needs work, but damn the kid has potential. And at point guard too. He has incredible vision. If we can get him to play a more pass first game (and if our guys move without the ball!) He can be a good pg. Even when he is in a me first mode, he still knows where everyone is on the court

docpaul
12-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Where was the ball movement tonight? These two guys I mention initiated our passing game. I always saw Mike cutting to the basket and getting easy lay-ups, I always saw McRoberts' exciting chemestry with hibbert, and making crisp dime passes. They weren't out best players offensively, but they provided a key role to us in the passing game. Tonight we just looked stiff out there, playing a lot of one on one.

Fair enough... we lost two players who had the ability to help facilitate an offense. How in the world are you relating this to the team getting their feet underneath them in a preseason game? Looks were good throughout the game, shots were just off.

Man, step away from the keyboard.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:39 AM

Can you also consider the fact that we played much better against them last year? I can remember us only losing to them by maybe only 1 or 2 possessions the first 4 games of the series. So if you look at it closely enough, it's like we've decreased a little bit and haven't gotten better.

You're being a big time alarmist, dude. You can't compare playoff basketball with preseason basketball; they're two different worlds.

The first legit comparison you can make is by comparing the next 66 games we play to the 82 we played during the last regular season.

t1hs0n
Where was the ball movement tonight? These two guys I mention initiated our passing game. I always saw Mike cutting to the basket and getting easy lay-ups, I always saw McRoberts' exciting chemestry with hibbert, and making crisp dime passes. They weren't our best players offensively, but they provided a key role to us in the passing game. Tonight we just looked stiff out there, playing a lot of one on one.

If I wanted to play along with this nonsense I would find and post the total minuets played by those two guys over the vogel run and playoffs. I am guessing it isn't very impressive.

tadscout
:onozomg: :chillpill

It is pre-season.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 12:41 AM
Had to DVR the game tonight, still debating whether i should watch it or not. I hate watching a loss, preseason or not.

If nothing else, watch to see Tyler Hansbrough play.

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:42 AM
I will point out a few bright spots though in guys like Lance Stephenson and Tyler Hansbrough. If Darren continues to play like he did tonight in the regular season, It'd be a moronic move not to put Lance in the starting line-up. He knows how to run an offense. Now if tyler keeps playing like he does, he deserves the starting spot, and may even get an all star nod. Those are the only bright spots though, which isn't that bad

Bird Fan
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM

And in case you haven't noticed, we don't have the talent like the Miami Heat to resort to that. One on one basketball is not an option. We have to work as a team and use ball movement

The problem tonight was our starters, our bench actually played pretty good offensively. Where would these boys be playing? The bench.

D-BONE
12-21-2011, 12:43 AM

Dominate?

I'd settle for serviceable at this point.

The consistency thing is a HUGE issue. I feel like if it doesn't improve this season, then chalk Roy up as a good b/u C.

TheDavisBrothers
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
I don't know if anybody else realized this but, we actually outscored then 70-69 in the last 3 quarters, granted they had scrubs at the end, but still...

spazzxb
12-21-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm with you. He'll do it in a way that makes some cringe (it's just not their preferred style for a PG... at all), but once those shots start dropping (and I think they will) and those passes start landing at the right times (as they already were starting to do at times last year), I think people will at least turn around so much as to admit he's doing something positive out there.

I'm by no means convinced he'll earn a long-term place on our team, though. He has to prove a LOT.

Thats a big improvement coming from you. I think a chance is all anyone should be giving him right now.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:45 AM
You are being much more an alarmist than a realist. Once again: 2 games, whose result mean ziltch.

Not only that, but it was two games against the best defensive team in the NBA last year if I recall correctly, and they had the best record in the NBA. The only difference in their team or coaching staff was a major upgrade at the SG position. A SG who is a very low usage player on offense who only has the ball when he's about to shoot it. Very easy to fit in there. We have several new players and a new coaching staff from last season. With a shortened camp and everything the teams with the least number of changes will look better right off the bat.

Let's not forget .... and I can't reiterate this enough, it was against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. They're going to make a lot of people look bad on that end of the floor during the course of the year.

Oh, and it's preseason. We're not tipping anyone off showing much of anything we're actually trying to do.

And nobody in their right stinking mind would turn down a Dunleavy/McRoberts trade for George Hill/David West if it was offered. That's very clearly an upgrade, it just takes time to fit in.

tadscout
12-21-2011, 12:47 AM
I don't know if anybody else realized this but, we actually outscored then 70-69 in the last 3 quarters, granted they had scrubs at the end, but still...

Actually we had the scrubs (D-leagers) in... They still had their normal rotational players in.

Mr_Smith
12-21-2011, 12:49 AM
I'm not worried about this team at all, they're still trying to gel. They will be alright. Looking forward to destroying Detroit on Monday

ThatPacerFan
12-21-2011, 12:50 AM
Not only that, but it was two games against the best defensive team in the NBA last year if I recall correctly, and they had the best record in the NBA. The only difference in their team or coaching staff was a major upgrade at the SG position. A SG who is a very low usage player on offense who only has the ball when he's about to shoot it. Very easy to fit in there. We have several new players and a new coaching staff from last season. With a shortened camp and everything the teams with the least number of changes will look better right off the bat.

Let's not forget .... and I can't reiterate this enough, it was against one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. They're going to make a lot of people look bad on that end of the floor during the course of the year.

Oh, and it's preseason. We're not tipping anyone off showing much of anything we're actually trying to do.

And nobody in their right stinking mind would turn down a Dunleavy/McRoberts trade for George Hill/David West if it was offered. That's very clearly an upgrade, it just takes time to fit in.

I REALLY hope you're right. I really do

Trophy
12-21-2011, 12:52 AM
For crying out loud, it's preseason. :chillpill

Any knowledgable sports fan knows that it means nothing. It's just a way for players to get back into the swing of things. No one is really going to play their hearts out and risk an injury.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
I REALLY hope you're right. I really do

It's not just me, if I'm wrong, you'd pretty much be the only person on the planet who saw it coming. When Bill Simmons says he's afraid of what's going on in Indiana, pretty much everyone is.

I will say in a condensed short season, almost anything can happen. If we were to ever bomb out and have everything go wrong, this wouldn't be the worst time for it to happen. This draft should be loaded.

tadscout
12-21-2011, 12:54 AM
No one is really going to play their hearts out and risk an injury.

Hansbrough ;)

LoneGranger33
12-21-2011, 12:55 AM
Not that I'm panicking about the past two games, but I can see where the "it's just preseason" argument might not assuage some people's fears. Preseason games mean more when there's only two of them.

Eleazar
12-21-2011, 12:57 AM
I still think Price should be at worst our number 2 PG.

Trophy
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Hansbrough ;)

That's who Tyler is and he'll always play his heart out.

For the most part though, no one thinks of preseason highly.

Once the season starts, no one talks about how teams did in preseason because it's irrelevant.

D-BONE
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I'm still not buying Lance as a PG. From a stability standpoint, also think Price is a better bet.

Hill has not impressed at all either, particularly at PG, but I am very surprised about how he almost seems uninterested or not confident.

DG tonight - 29 mins. and 1 rebound. Ugh.

ilive4sports
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
I still think Price should be at worst our number 2 PG.

Why? I didnt see anything tonight to show me that. Not that he had a chance really. But he was definitely looking to score first when he was out there.

Eleazar
12-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Why? I didnt see anything tonight to show me that. Not that he had a chance really. But he was definitely looking to score first when he was out there.

Who else was going to score when he was out there other than him? Anyways it isn't so much because of how he played, I know what kind of player he is, but I haven't seen anything from the other PGs that say they are clearly better in any way.

ilive4sports
12-21-2011, 01:09 AM
Who else was going to score when he was out there other than him? Anyways it isn't so much because of how he played, I know what kind of player he is, but I haven't seen anything from the other PGs that say they are clearly better in any way.

Well the only reason i would start price would be if he ran the offense better, and he just doesnt. He often looks to score first.

I want to see more of how DC works with West and with starters who are playing like it matters.

Sookie
12-21-2011, 01:26 AM

He was playing the shooting guard position tonight.

sbaker50
12-21-2011, 01:48 AM
We'll be fine, if anything I consider it a positive to play the Bulls in the preseason. They are at an elite level, and getting used to playing at that level will only help us against Detroit next Monday.

graphic-er
12-21-2011, 01:49 AM
Hibbert has been a major disappointment so far. But have to ask? Was the way Noah defended his post position actually legal? I always though you could only use an arm bar against a players back and shoulders. Noah was pushing a posted up Hibbert with an open hand. Much easier to move a guy or hold your position with your hand.

Is that not a foul?

ilive4sports
12-21-2011, 02:07 AM
He was playing the shooting guard position tonight.

So when he was on the floor, the coach had lance at pg with price at sg. Doesnt that say a lot about price being a pg, especially when lance isnt considered a natural pg?

jeffg-body
12-21-2011, 02:08 AM
I can't say that I would call Roy a bust at this time. Smits took some time to develop into a servicable C. Bigs always take longer to develop, especially if they are trying to change their body by adding muscle. Roy took a lot of double teams in these two games and that should change a bit once DW is playing at full speed. I think everyone is taking two pre-season games way too seriously. We probably won't see consistent good play until after the first 10-15 games because of adding DW and GH. They need time to gel as a team and fit into their role. There was a lot of line-up expirements too with the one I liked the best was having DW and Tyler in together. I am not worried about these two games against an elite team, the sky is not falling right now.

tadscout
12-21-2011, 02:13 AM
I can't say that I would call Roy a bust at this time. Smits took some time to develop into a servicable C. Bigs always take longer to develop, especially if they are trying to change their body by adding muscle. Roy took a lot of double teams in these two games and that should change a bit once DW is playing at full speed. I think everyone is taking two pre-season games way too seriously. We probably won't see consistent good play until after the first 10-15 games because of adding DW and GH. They need time to gel as a team and fit into their role. There was a lot of line-up expirements too with the one I liked the best was having DW and Tyler in together. I am not worried about these two games against an elite team, the sky is not falling right now.

:amen:

vnzla81
12-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Ok I am happy about the way Tyler has been playing, I know is preseason but the guy is playing out of his mind.

24, 13 and 3 assists? If hope he keeps this numbers up.

I also like what I got to see from West, he looks rusty and it looks like he was holding back a bit while trying to jump, good 1st game as a Pacers.

DC and Roy need to really get busy, next game is going to count and they better play better.

Regarding Lance, the guy looked good, he is the only PG that can make a pass at the right time.

Again, let's hope they are ready for next week, go Pacers :bdance: :bdance:

Peck
12-21-2011, 02:18 AM
At one point in time the camera panned the bench at the end of the 4th and they showed Roy & twol D leaguers (before they went in) & I said "look three D league players".

Actually Roy didn't only not make me happy tonight, whenever he was on the floor he offended me. I would have rather them just had Paul George play center than what Roy gave us.

Psyren
12-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Honestly, the only player I really worry about is Roy.

I don't care how much you like him and how nice of a guy he is, he's just not that talented. He doesn't look stronger to me and still looks timid and scared.

Everyone else I think will get back in the flow shortly. I just can't help but worry about Roy though.

pezasied182
12-21-2011, 02:33 AM
At one point in time the camera panned the bench at the end of the 4th and they showed Roy & twol D leaguers (before they went in) & I said "look three D league players".

Actually Roy didn't only not make me happy tonight, whenever he was on the floor he offended me. I would have rather them just had Paul George play center than what Roy gave us.

I only watched the end of the second quarter/beginning of third and I agree. I felt like Roy was playing horribly and was way way too timid.

Sookie
12-21-2011, 02:37 AM
So when he was on the floor, the coach had lance at pg with price at sg. Doesnt that say a lot about price being a pg, especially when lance isnt considered a natural pg?

Actually it was probably more about getting Lance as much practice as possible..and, you know, Price can play without the ball.

gummy
12-21-2011, 02:52 AM

This bears repeating.

I have been on boards where trolls have been ignored into oblivion. It is a glorious achievement.

imawhat
12-21-2011, 03:26 AM
I wish Roy would play like he wants it. Maybe he does but he doesn't act like it.

He was strong enough before he gained the weight. The weight he gained is useless until he wants and likes to initiate contact.

He's one of my favorites and I hope he gets it together.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-21-2011, 04:28 AM
Regardless of what your story is, your negativity is pretty stifling and it sucks the positive energy out of the room. If this is all you're going to bring to the table, you may want to consider finding a new forum.

Hicks I don't know if it was your intention, but since you are an admin that bolded part comes off as kind of threatening.

Hopefully that wasn't your intention, because threatening to ban a poster just because their opinion isn't a popular one would be pretty lame.

PaceBalls
12-21-2011, 04:56 AM

I know you are just talking about tonight, but I felt this way more often than not watching Roy last year, especially the 2nd half of the season. I hope he gets it together, because I'd rather not see him on the court if that is what we get, let alone a big fat contract extension.

PaceBalls
12-21-2011, 05:02 AM
I think we need more Hansbroughs on the team. Those dudes are amazing. Let's bring his little brother here.

If a guy is averaging 18 and 10 and coming off the bench.. can he still be an all star? :chin:

flox
12-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Hicks I don't know if it was your intention, but since you are an admin that bolded part comes off as kind of threatening.

Hopefully that wasn't your intention, because threatening to ban a poster just because their opinion isn't a popular one would be pretty lame.

meh, a lot worse could happen. i didn't take it as a threat, if my opinion counts for anything. this forum does a pretty good job for allowing people with different opinions the opportunity to express them, for what it's worth.

daschysta
12-21-2011, 05:32 AM
On the bright side I was very pleased with what I saw from west. Seemed confident with the knee, and scored well in the post through traffic.

Honestly jumping to an conclusions after a preseason game is silly on its face, but keep in mind this was the best team in the NBA last regular season, going up against their defense, and on the road tonight? We were likely going to lose at this point regardless. There was alot of good to take from these games too.

Hans looks like a beast, and could win 6moy if he keeps it up. West looked promising. George makes some silly mistakes, but the talent is undeniable, and he's been productive, 15 ppg or so from him this year would be amazing on top of his great rebounding, danny blows annually during the preseason, nothing new to see there, roy has kept position better, eventually those shots will fall, noah is one of his worst matchups in the NBA...

I'm still confident in my prediction of a 4th or 5th place finish once things really rev up. Chicago is an elite team, and moreso now with rip, we'll get better too once West is fully back in the fold, and Hill is fully acclimated. Don't get too high or low after preseason games, especially when we've only had a week and there are just two of them.

I'm confident we'll kick the crap out of the pistons and have a season far more rewarding than any we've had in nearly a decade.

FireTheCoach
12-21-2011, 06:02 AM
I think we'll get better as the chemistry starts coming together a bit with the new guys... I'll admit it was a fairly disappointing performance overall in the two preseason games.

Tyler is a beast for sure, I was so excited when we drafted him... he is living up to my expectations and that rarely happens in sports. Couldn't be happier for the kid.

Roy has always had poor games and great games... not surprised that he didn't look good. He'll get his groove on but he'll probably never really be that consistent threat night in and night out.

Granger is like a ghost out there.... has been for a while now. Does he really want to be here or what... sometimes I wonder.

Collison is NOT going to take us to the next level. He's as mediocre as they come.

Hill looks pretty lost but I'll give him a pass for obvious reasons.

I think West will be a nice addition, glad we got him.

Other than that... it WAS just preseason but we need much improvement across the board, both sides of the ball, I don't care if it was the Bulls or not, we looked really crappy and not like a playoff team is supposed to look.

Just my $.02

pezasied182
12-21-2011, 06:10 AM
On the bright side I was very pleased with what I saw from west. Seemed confident with the knee, and scored well in the post through traffic.

Honestly jumping to an conclusions after a preseason game is silly on its face, but keep in mind this was the best team in the NBA last regular season, going up against their defense, and on the road tonight? We were likely going to lose at this point regardless. There was alot of good to take from these games too.

Hans looks like a beast, and could win 6moy if he keeps it up. West looked promising. George makes some silly mistakes, but the talent is undeniable, and he's been productive, 15 ppg or so from him this year would be amazing on top of his great rebounding, danny blows annually during the preseason, nothing new to see there, roy has kept position better, eventually those shots will fall, noah is one of his worst matchups in the NBA...

I'm still confident in my prediction of a 4th or 5th place finish once things really rev up. Chicago is an elite team, and moreso now with rip, we'll get better too once West is fully back in the fold, and Hill is fully acclimated. Don't get too high or low after preseason games, especially when we've only had a week and there are just two of them.

I'm confident we'll kick the crap out of the pistons and have a season far more rewarding than any we've had in nearly a decade.

Roy generally struggles against Noah it seems. I was expecting the same tonight.

And I thought it was interesting that Collison was on Rose as opposed to PG.

daschysta
12-21-2011, 06:23 AM
I think we'll get better as the chemistry starts coming together a bit with the new guys... I'll admit it was a fairly disappointing performance overall in the two preseason games.

Tyler is a beast for sure, I was so excited when we drafted him... he is living up to my expectations and that rarely happens in sports. Couldn't be happier for the kid.

Roy has always had poor games and great games... not surprised that he didn't look good. He'll get his groove on but he'll probably never really be that consistent threat night in and night out.

Granger is like a ghost out there.... has been for a while now. Does he really want to be here or what... sometimes I wonder.

Collison is NOT going to take us to the next level. He's as mediocre as they come.

Hill looks pretty lost but I'll give him a pass for obvious reasons.

I think West will be a nice addition, glad we got him.

Other than that... it WAS just preseason but we need much improvement across the board, both sides of the ball, I don't care if it was the Bulls or not, we looked really crappy and not like a playoff team is supposed to look.

Just my $.02

Granger stepped up in the playoffs and did quite well, have you ever seen granger in the preseason? He's always bad there, and it has no effect whatsoever on regular season performance. Also we looked just as bad offensively at times during the playoffs last year, games against the bulls are never pretty, they are better than we are.

Eleazar
12-21-2011, 06:25 AM
Roy generally struggles against Noah it seems. I was expecting the same tonight.

And I thought it was interesting that Collison was on Rose as opposed to PG.

Preseason, there's no need to pull out all of your tricks just to slow Rose. The Bulls even played a lot different, it wasn'tjust the Rose show on offense which limits the need to put your best defender on him.

Justin Tyme
12-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Dominate?

I'd settle for serviceable at this point.

The consistency thing is a HUGE issue. I feel like if it doesn't improve this season, then chalk Roy up as a good b/u C.

Chuckle. The week b4 last people were throwing a hissy fit of not trading Hibbert for Marc Gasol due to how great Hibbert is. I guess he must have lost much of his greatness in 2 pre-season games.

Lets just wait until the end of the season to see how much better Hibbert is than Gasol. Since there is no sarcasm icon for that statement, I'll just go cough cough.

DieHard
12-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I see a lot of people being really down on Roy. Give some credit to Noah for excellent defense. Also, the Bulls were loading up on Roy down low. Obviously part of the fame plan for them. Hype was at an all time high before these games with the lockout and the moves we made, but that was the preseason, and I refuse to get to high or low from anything I saw. Recognize that we have a young developing team and take yourself off the rollercoaster before you throw up. Not directed at anyone, just sage advise.

Anthem
12-21-2011, 10:45 AM
When the idea of two new trolls being the same guy is floated, this is the response:

:laugh: What an awesome response. Clearly this man has experience with banning on internet forums.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 10:51 AM

I can see the underlying talent...sure. But, to be fair, how many guys could you say that about in the NBA who never become anything? Lance's shot selection is still a huge issue.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 10:53 AM

We actually pulled our starters way before they did. Noah and Boozer were even out there til the very end.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Honestly, the only player I really worry about is Roy.

I don't care how much you like him and how nice of a guy he is, he's just not that talented. He doesn't look stronger to me and still looks timid and scared.

Everyone else I think will get back in the flow shortly. I just can't help but worry about Roy though.

Roy, IMO, is already in his own head, which is his typical MO now. And seeing West and Hansbrough out there together and being effective couldn't have helped his shaky confidence. I'm seriously concerned about Roy moving forward. How will he respond if we end up going with West and Hans in late game situations? Yes they aren't as tall as Roy, but they are both much stronger and can hold their position in the post much better on both ends of the court.

I was very impressed with West. He seems to be extremely confident in that knee and was very active. I loved when he got the ball deep and used a quick elbow plunge into Noah's kidney to get the space he needed for the layup. That is a solid move. One that I think Hans will eventually add to his arsenal, and it would be great if he could teach Roy how to clear space like that, but unfortunately I just don't think Roy gets that. West is going to be a very good player for us this year, he looks in great shape and is clearly a confident vet out there.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Also, Paul George is intriguing the hell out of me, that past two games, if you had just given me a quick question of his "impact" without looking at the box score, I would have guessed mediocre to minimal. But yet, 17 and 10 & 14 and 6. That is NOT Brandon Rush folks. That is an aggressive player who just isn't quite on his game yet. Very intrigued by those two stat lines, if he had been on his game either of those nights we'd probably be talking about him averaging 20 ppg in the two preseason games, yet he put up decent stats and had an impact without me really taking notice. That is a very good sign IMO. Still needs to work on his damn jump shot though.

Hicks
12-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Man, the knives came out REALLY quickly on Roy.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Man, the knives came out REALLY quickly on Roy.

I know it seems that way, but honestly, I've been a bit irritated with his play since February of last year.

Since86
12-21-2011, 11:28 AM
I can see the underlying talent...sure. But, to be fair, how many guys could you say that about in the NBA who never become anything? Lance's shot selection is still a huge issue.

Very few have the ability to get where they want to go at any given time. Lance has it in spades.

Trader Joe
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Very few have the ability to get where they want to go at any given time. Lance has it in spades.

True, but his dribble is very loose, he needs to tighten it up a bit. What I mean by that is, he dribbles the ball pretty high, needs to keep it down low, he leaves himself open to it being easily poked at when he's in traffic.

King Tuts Tomb
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM

Absolutely. He has an amazing sense of body control that can't be learned. For all the red flags and deficiencies in his game (and there are a lot), he has some elite skills that shine through and make you think there's another level he can get to.

Since86
12-21-2011, 11:41 AM
True, but his dribble is very loose, he needs to tighten it up a bit. What I mean by that is, he dribbles the ball pretty high, needs to keep it down low, he leaves himself open to it being easily poked at when he's in traffic.

This is going of some pretty limited visuals, but I'm pretty confident in saying that he dribbles that way by design, and until it becomes a problem I'm not all that worried.

I say by design because he's got to have some massive hands and he uses his big body very well in protecting the ball. He also dribbles the ball a lot harder than most.

He's just too crafty to get his pocket picked on a routine basis.

graphic-er
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM
I see a lot of people being really down on Roy. Give some credit to Noah for excellent defense. Also, the Bulls were loading up on Roy down low. Obviously part of the fame plan for them. Hype was at an all time high before these games with the lockout and the moves we made, but that was the preseason, and I refuse to get to high or low from anything I saw. Recognize that we have a young developing team and take yourself off the rollercoaster before you throw up. Not directed at anyone, just sage advise.

You mean credit Noah with getting away with fouling constantly. When you have your hand all over the back of the offensive player and pushing him out of position, thats called a foul. I wonder why the Chicago bigs are allowed to do this?

31andonly
12-21-2011, 11:50 AM
You mean credit Noah with getting away with fouling constantly. When you have your hand all over the back of the offensive player and pushing him out of position, thats called a foul. I wonder why the Chicago bigs are allowed to do this?

To be honest, I think Noah is for the Bulls what Tyler is for the Pacers. Their playing style is pretty similar in terms of playing dirty, aggressive and annoying their opponents. Don't understand me wrong, Tyler and Foster are my favourite players, but we shouldn't apply double standards.

Gamble1
12-21-2011, 12:02 PM
One my happiest moments in watching the game last night was seeing West exaggerate the push in the back by Boozer while trying to get a rebound. Unfortunately thats the only way the refs will call the foul and the Bulls killed us in the playoffs with cheap rebounding tactics like that last year.