PDA

View Full Version : OT - Everyone get out there and VOTE!

3Ball
11-02-2004, 02:38 PM
Everyone get out there and VOTE!

(unless you are a Republican)

Slick Pinkham
11-02-2004, 03:11 PM
90% of the population of the world does not have the power that each of us have in our hand when we walk into that voting booth.

Think about it-- the power to chose who governs you is not a trivial thing.

Please use that power and be proud of having the opportunity to do so.

flying dutchman
11-02-2004, 03:21 PM
Do the Right Thing!!!

No More Bush!!! Used to say it to my wife as well;)

Ragnar
11-02-2004, 03:37 PM
My vote has been cast for Bush!

Kstat
11-02-2004, 03:39 PM
I voted for Kerry.

Gyron
11-02-2004, 03:52 PM
Kstat should be banned just for having that video in his avatar:laugh:

Yes I voted, and Yes it was for Bush.

Fool
11-02-2004, 04:03 PM
Using a freedom just because you have it isn't necessarily a good thing. We all have the freedom of speech but its not always the best idea to use it. If you aren't educated on the decision I think its a better move not to vote then to simply flip a coin.

And man is that a great block!

sweabs
11-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I think Kstat's little video clip deserves one of Freddie dunking on Ben's face.

Hicks
11-02-2004, 04:52 PM
I think Kstat's little video clip deserves one of Freddie dunking on Ben's face.

I had this on hand:

http://www.pacersdigest.com/sg/hicks/fred.gif

Doug
11-02-2004, 04:54 PM
I voted. I had to wait in line for over an hour, but I voted.

Not saying for who. That's between me and my ballot.

I will say that I had problems with pretty much all of the Presidential hopefuls. And by all I'm including Badnarik and Nader. I wish all the parties didn't feel that they had to be so dogmatic about their idologies. It's time for the "Common Sense" party. Who's with me? :-)

I've got problems with the primaries, the candidates, the "two party" system, the electoral college. Sheesh, I'm turning into a grouchy old man early in life. I could be worse, I guess. Better to live here with a flawed system to live in lots of other places in the world.

sweabs
11-02-2004, 05:01 PM
It's time for the "Common Sense" party. Who's with me? :-)

You referring to Thomas Paine? :o

Thanks for the video Hicks - I could watch that days upon end :devil:

Gyron
11-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I had to wait a little over two hours in line to vote. This is the most people I have ever seen at the polls since I started voting in 1992.

Hicks
11-02-2004, 05:34 PM
I didn't have to wait at all; comes with being in a small town and heading over to vote at 1 in the afternoon I suppose.

kerosene
11-02-2004, 05:49 PM
I voted this morning. Walked about two blocks to the Moose Lodge (!) and it took about 40 minutes all told.

There were a bunch of messed up state propositions on the ballot here. A couple of needed local ones though.

Lord Helmet
11-02-2004, 05:50 PM
When do we find out who won?Tonight or tommorow morning?

ROCislandWarrior
11-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Registered plus voted at 1:30 today.

No line. The only thing that concerned me was the fact the lady that was standing by the ballot machine looked at who I voted for. She must not have liked what she saw because she didn't respond to my "Thank You".

Kegboy
11-02-2004, 06:17 PM

Theoretically, the race can be called tonight at 8pm. That's the earliest that states adding up to 270 electoral votes end polling.

Here's the states to watch for tonight:

Florida 7pm (panhandle at 8pm)
New Hampshire 7pm
Ohio 7:30pm
Michigan 8pm
Pennsylvania 8pm
Minnesota 9pm
Wisconsin 9pm
Colorado 9pm
New Mexico 9pm
Iowa 10pm
Hawaii 11pm

Those are the so-called "battleground states", with the big 3 of Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania the biggest prizes.

Of course, Ohio might turn into another Florida 2000, so who knows how long it will last. Worst case scenario, it ends up in Congress, whom I believe certify electoral results on Jan. 3rd.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

flying dutchman
11-02-2004, 06:31 PM

In all likelihood? December.

And then the wrong guy will win again...:mad:

blanket
11-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Using a freedom just because you have it isn't necessarily a good thing. We all have the freedom of speech but its not always the best idea to use it. If you aren't educated on the decision I think its a better move not to vote then to simply flip a coin.

I'd rather people cast an uninformed vote than not vote at all. Anything else is just a cop out. Besides, just living in this country makes each of us capable of casting a worthwhile vote for who should run it.

Hoop
11-02-2004, 06:52 PM
I didn't really vote for Kerry, it was more of a vote against Bush.

Shade
11-02-2004, 09:23 PM
There's just no point. Bush and Kerry are the two worst candidates I can remember.

No matter who wins...we lose.

Shade
11-02-2004, 09:25 PM
I didn't really vote for Kerry, it was more of a vote against Bush.

I've been telling my friend, who is very anti-Kerry, that this race is going to be very close just because of people with that mentality.

As much as I hate Bush (and, trust me, I hated him since before it became "fashionnable"), he's still a slight step-up over Kerry, IMO. Even Kerry doesn't know what the hell he wants.

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 09:26 PM
There's just no point. Bush and Kerry are the two worst candidates I can remember.

No matter who wins...we lose.

That's how I feel also :(