PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE this team

kidthecat
12-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Win or lose.

Rain or shine.

This is -- ultimately -- a team that is fun to root for.

And that is a treat we Pacer fans have seldom had since the Brawl days.

The cherry on top? -- this team may just contend deep into the postseason.

Cheers to Larry Bird and company, for constructing a team that is fun, heartfelt, and talented.

Here's to a new season!

granger33
12-18-2011, 08:38 AM
I do have to admit too, this off-season and into the Pre-Season, Everyone has been really optimistic about our chances this year. From people saying we will win the East.

That probably wont happen, but hearing people so enthusiastic about this team again is GREAT. A lot of credit to Coach Vogel and Larry Bird

BoomBaby33
12-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Its about blue collar players that represent the type of city we have. Fans can appreciate that brand of play easier than having prima donnas.

I am proud to be a Pacer fan. I love this team too.

So proud that I just bought a partial season ticket for the first time ever!

In the words of Bart Scott .... Cant wait!

jeffg-body
12-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Can't wait. This team is full of hustle guys, good vets and very talented youth. It should be a great team to watch. I can only see a few teams being able to run with us and keep the pace that we do. Young legs and a condensed season will help as well.

danman
12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Yes, the cap issues are gone and there is a nice nucleus of young players to watch. And though the character of the team is still forming, the basic personality is hard, physical play.

Lot of subplots. The most important one is whether Paul George makes the "Year Two Step Forward". There are questions around Hans and Hibs too, but they're more known entities. You can project a small improvement for both. So the other great subplot is the D West injury comeback. Give me a yes on the big two subplots and 2012 is going to be fun.

Diamond Dave
12-18-2011, 12:11 PM
I thought about adding some comments, but the original poster said it best. So let me just add a GO PACERS!

BlueNGold
12-20-2011, 12:09 AM
I think Larry Bird and the Pacers organization deserve a lot of praise for what they have done this off season. They have earned their stripes with the moves they've made to improve this ball club.

Exhibit 1 - David West. This guy is a class act and very talented basketball player who can fill it up. He fills a great need on this team in terms of leadership and a veteran presence.

Exhibit 2 - George Hill. Another guy who we somehow pried away. A very well rounded player who can fill either back court position and play at a high level.

Exhibit 3 - Lou Amundson & Jeff Pendergraph - Two tough, hard-nosed backups who will never back down from anyone. There will be no easy baskets whatsoever in the paint against the second unit. With Tyler and Jeff out there too, people are going to hate playing the Pacers.

SYDNEY MILLER AUSTRALIA31
12-20-2011, 10:34 AM
The feeling I am getting about this team feels like watching Reggie shock the garden for the first time. I can't wait for the season to begin. The underdogs are back and we are here to stay. Let's go pacers

Ownagedood
12-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I too love this team....

ONLY thing im slightly worried about is SG depth... We are set at every position for the most part, but our SG depth is very small... If GH plays a lot of PG, DJ is the only backup SG and he is also the backup SF.. The fix to this is to play GH more so at the SG position and hope that either Lance or Price do a good job backing up the 1.

Dr. Hibbert
12-20-2011, 11:53 AM
Let's just put it this way, folks. A few years ago, we were worrying about just not being a complete embarrassment, and the highlight of the year was getting Danny Granger into the All-Star game. We actually knew names like Rawle Marshall and Travis Diener.

Now, we're worrying about the backup SG.