PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Rush traded to Golden State for Lou Amundson

Pages : [1] 2 3

ilive4sports
12-18-2011, 02:43 AM
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2011/12/17/warriors-trade-amundson-for-brandon-rush/

My friend who is a gsw fan just told me this.

ECKrueger
12-18-2011, 02:48 AM
This is the first of the 3 threads, so I guess I'll post here.

I liked Rush, but this would be pretty good for us. Can he play C at all?

PG-24
12-18-2011, 02:49 AM
amundson can play c. i summarized his play in the thread that i posted.

xBulletproof
12-18-2011, 02:50 AM
He's a good energy guy. I was advocating signing him last year. I wouldn't be upset.

Trader Joe
12-18-2011, 02:50 AM
He is a very undersized center. Very.

crunk-juice
12-18-2011, 02:51 AM
sure hope we have another 2 in our sights

Young
12-18-2011, 02:52 AM
I really like this move for the Pacers.

I don't think Amundson can play much center. Still not a bad swap. I believe Bird tried to sign him when he was a free agent last. He fits right in with the other big men on this team. He is a hustle player. I love that. You can't have too many guys like that on your team IMO.

Wish Brandon well but glad the Pacers are moving on.

ApNeDtRiEeW
12-18-2011, 02:54 AM
Hmm...this is familiar

ilive4sports
12-18-2011, 02:55 AM
My friend said he played C primarily in gsw, but is more comfortable at pf. Id imagine we will play him more at C though as we needed another body there.

PG-24
12-18-2011, 02:56 AM
for anyone interested.

for those who dont know much about amundson, dont expect anything. hell hustle the entire time on the court, plays average post d and will grab a few boards. he does have a nonstop motor, but leads to no production. at the very best, he will be a body on the end of the bench, which is what we needed. sorry to see rush go though.

hes a more reckless jeff foster.

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Wow, what a waste of a trade. We need a back-up center who can score a little, so we trade for a PF who can't score at all.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 02:59 AM
He played some center in Phoenix.

I don't like this.

Coach Jackson was talking about defense. He got it.

I'll miss Rush, but this seemed inevitable given how many times Bird has tried to trade Brandon. Wish we could have shipped off Dahntay instead.

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 03:01 AM
Wow, what a waste of a trade. We need a back-up center who can score a little, so we trade for a PF who can't score at all.

I think is possible that Pendergraph is not healthy enough to play? I always liked Lou but he is not a center.

Young
12-18-2011, 03:03 AM

What back up center could the Pacers have traded Rush for?

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 03:03 AM
Decent signing if true, him and Tyler are going to destroy people with their hustle.

ilive4sports
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM
I think is possible that Pendergraph is not healthy enough to play? I always liked Lou but he is not a center.

He is enough of a center for what we are asking of him. He will playing behind hibbert, west, hansbrough, and foster, maybe pendergraph.

This trade was more to get rush out of here than anything imo.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 03:06 AM

why trade rush for this though? we have a roster spot, right? you can find an amundson type player in the d league. we still have money to spend on free agents.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 03:11 AM
Dear God. This means more minutes for Dahntay Jones.

:picard:

ilive4sports
why trade rush for this though? we have a roster spot, right? you can find an amundson type player in the d league. we still have money to spend on free agents.

Because rush doesnt want to be here abd larry doesnt want rush to be here. This trade has little to do with bringing in Lou and everything to do with shipping Rush out.

Lance George
According to 82games.com (http://www.82games.com/1011/10GSW13.HTM#bypos), he spent about 25% of his playing time last season at center. I haven't watched him play much (who has?) but he looks like a good shot blocker and a near elite offensive rebounder. I'll take it.

granger33
12-18-2011, 03:18 AM
Is this actually a done deal?

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 03:20 AM

I have no idea, but that wasn't my point.

My point is we traded for a 29 year old 6'9 PF, who will most likely play less than he has in the past (less than 15mpg). It would have been better to keep Rush than trade him for this type of player. if we were going to trade Rush trade him for a young player who might still turn into a decent player, or a player that brings something to this team that is needed. If that is not possible I would rather keep him on this team, and keep Jones on the bench.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 03:21 AM
Because rush doesnt want to be here abd larry doesnt want rush to be here. This trade has little to do with bringing in Lou and everything to do with shipping Rush out.

Where are you getting that Rush doesn't want to be here from?

I will say that with Foster, Tyler, and Amundson we will probably cause the most bruises and black eyes in the NBA. Lou fits Vogel's smashmouth basketball to a T.

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 03:21 AM

Jones is fine in small doses, and this is the worst thing about the trade.

Trader Joe
12-18-2011, 03:23 AM
He might be one of the worst offensive players in the entire league.

Lance George
12-18-2011, 03:23 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Michael Redd in the next couple of days, assuming this deal happens.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 03:24 AM
He played center for Phoenix, I think. Gave a good impression to me in our game out there. Scrappy guy. Probably about right for Rush's value.

Phree Refill
12-18-2011, 03:26 AM
Lou is a 15mpg player who hustles every minute he is on the floor. He averages as many points as rebounds and plays respectable D though his plus/minus won't reflect that.
Fun fact on Lou Amundson: Even though he appeared in 76+ games both years he was in Phoenix he has not once played 30 minutes in an NBA game. Was he the best we coulda done? Prolly not. But he'll play with everything he's got when he's on the floor. That's more than can be said about Rush. We certainly could have done worse.

Peck
Holy crap!!!

My dream can come true. Tyler & Lou together on the floor will mean hurt body's on the other team.

I've been a big Lou fan for years and if this is true this is a great great trade.

Hicks
I like Lou as our fifth-best big. Expecting the 5th big on your team to provide scoring is just plain goofy. He'll help in his own way, but it definitely won't be from putting up points.

ilive4sports
12-18-2011, 03:27 AM

I will say that with Foster, Tyler, and Amundson we will probably cause the most bruises and black eyes in the NBA. Lou fits Vogel's smashmouth basketball to a T.

Just seems like he doesnt want to be. His actions seem to say that. He never seems to care and that wont fly with Larry.

I think Larry will still bring in a scorer at sg, no idea who though.

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 03:28 AM
I like Lou as our fifth-best big. Expecting the 5th big on your team to provide scoring is just plain goofy. He'll help in his own way, but it definitely won't be from putting up points.

Exactly, I don't expect the 5th best big to even see the floor 75% of the time.

Naptown_Seth
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM

Yep. I've been too busy since the game last night but I was going to start a thread basically saying that the anti-Rush crowd need to stop expecting more and just be glad that he's a MUCH better backup SG than DJones is at this point.

Jones was the worst thing on Friday night, even worse than Lance. And not only does he kill the offense, but half the time his defense anymore is pretty poor. A kick boxing style foul shouldn't be the "best" defense you played all night.

And then on top of all that he was in his full-on complain about teammates mode too.

Rush at least hits the 3 at 40%, rebounds well, defends pretty well and stays the F out of the way of Roy, DC, Tyler, Danny and Paul rather than take touches away from them.

Trader Joe
12-18-2011, 03:29 AM
Doesn't the term "playing center in Phoenix" come with an asterisk up until they got Gortat? Not exactly your typical setup.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 03:31 AM
**** this wish it was Dantay instead Rush is a good player much better than Lou this really pisses me off good move by GS. They really meant it when they said they want to play defense good job Mark jackson and staff your getting a great perimeter defender something that they dont have on their roster.

Doesn't the term "playing center in Phoenix" come with an asterisk up until they got Gortat? Not exactly your typical setup.

same with GS in past years

Peck
12-18-2011, 03:32 AM
BTW, the original article now says trade is pending, not done.

Lance George
12-18-2011, 03:34 AM
From the summer of 2010...

Warriors, Hornets, Pacers in Amundson hunt - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/19249/warriors-hornets-pacers-in-amundson-hunt)

It’s not going to get people buzzing like the futures of Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul do in our post-LeBron world. Not even close.

Yet it does rank as one of the growing curiosities in the NBA this summer:

Why, on Aug. 18, is Louis Amundson still available?

With his high-energy contributions throughout Phoenix’s thoroughly unexpected run to the Western Conference finals, Amundson didn’t merely cement his standing as a fan favorite in the desert. He legitimately emerged as one of the faces synonymous with the Suns’ vaunted bench bunch last season, which had Phoenix privately fearful throughout the playoffs that Amundson could attract some decent free-agent dollars in spite of his well-chronicled limitations as an offensively-challenged power forward who’s also undersized.

Yet free agency is nearly seven weeks old and Amundson remains unsigned. He’s still waiting after watching the Suns decide to fill their Amare Stoudemire void by re-signing Channing Frye, signing Hakim Warrick and trading for Hedo Turkoglu to be a ball-handling power forward.

It appears, though, that Amundson’s wait might finally be ending. Sources close to the situation say that the 6-foot-9, 225-pounder is inching closer to a decision, with at least three teams known to be actively in pursuit – Golden State, New Orleans and Indiana. One source says an unidentified fourth team remains in the mix.

Another source told ESPN.com that the Hornets and Warriors are making the hardest push, but the Pacers have not been shy about their need for another big man after using Troy Murphy’s expiring contract last week to help facilitate the four-team traded that netted the point guard Indy has long coveted in Darren Collison

The 26 year old averaged 4.7 points, 4.4 rebounds and just under one block in 14.8 minutes per game last season and told the Arizona Republic earlier this summer that Charlotte and Toronto had also registered interest in signing him.

Mind you, Amundson also acknowledged to the newspaper that he badly wanted to stay with the Suns or, after playing his high school ball in Colorado, perhaps hook on with the Denver Nuggets.

“I really liked it [in Phoenix],” Amundson said. “I don’t like leaving.”

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
I hope we are getting a pick to. This just makes no sense PF is set already and now we trading our best backup SG for basically a Dleague level player who doesnt defend all he does is play with some energy we already have 3 of them in Tyler Jeff and Jeff?? The only type of big we need now is an athletic defender and Lou is the furthest thing from that.

Sookie
12-18-2011, 03:37 AM
Yep. I've been too busy since the game last night but I was going to start a thread basically saying that the anti-Rush crowd need to stop expecting more and just be glad that he's a MUCH better backup SG than DJones is at this point.

Jones was the worst thing on Friday night, even worse than Lance. And not only does he kill the offense, but half the time his defense anymore is pretty poor. A kick boxing style foul shouldn't be the "best" defense you played all night.

And then on top of all that he was in his full-on complain about teammates mode too.

Rush at least hits the 3 at 40%, rebounds well, defends pretty well and stays the F out of the way of Roy, DC, Tyler, Danny and Paul rather than take touches away from them.

If he got along with teammates so well, (as some have posted) and was solid (which it always seemed like he was) why were the pacers looking to trade him so much?

I know we have too many shooting guards, but if this is just so we can sign Micheal Redd..seriously..

I've said before..I like Dahntay...I just think his best role is cheerleading on the bench (which he is awesome at..) But I think Hill is your primary backup 2 guard now.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 03:38 AM
He might be one of the worst offensive players in the entire league.

and a bad defender as well

Hicks
12-18-2011, 03:43 AM
I forgot just how small he is. He's a PF.

ilive4sports
I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.

Kuq_e_Zi91
6'9, 225 is not the answer to our backup center problem. Michael Redd, at this point in his career, is not the answer to our scorer/shot-creator problem either.

Our only hope now is that one of these guys fails their physical.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Since this doesn't seem to be getting picked up by anyone else, I'm going to assume this is a false rumor until I hear otherwise.

Peck
12-18-2011, 03:45 AM
If he got along with teammates so well, (as some have posted) and was solid (which it always seemed like he was) why were the pacers looking to trade him so much?

I know we have too many shooting guards, but if this is just so we can sign Micheal Redd..seriously..

Brandon was a victim (rightly or wrongly) of expectations. In his rookie year he had a stretch where he avg. almost 16 points a game, played a high level of defense & was very active on the floor.

This started to get everybody thinking that we had found Danny's sidekick.

It never happened. For whatever reason, be it Brandon, be it the system, be it JOB, whatever it just never happened.

I hate to break this term out but frankly often times Brandon was irrelevent to the team. In other words if he played, fine. If he didn't play that night, well that was fine to as most people didn't miss him. In fact you could say a lot of people did miss him when he was on the court as often times you would forget he was there.

I know some will argue that was by design of the old coach. Maybe, I don't know though.

At best he was going to be the 9th or 10th man this season.

Maybe a fresh start for him will help as well. He can go to a system where he won't need to score so there won't be the pressure from the fans and front office for this.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 03:45 AM
I never thought i would see the day where i saw people complain about trading brandon rush.

?? He clearly is our best backup SG IMO and if Hill goes down now were :censored:

Sookie
12-18-2011, 03:47 AM
Brandon was a victim (rightly or wrongly) of expectations. In his rookie year he had a stretch where he avg. almost 16 points a game, played a high level of defense & was very active on the floor.

It never happened. For whatever reason, be it Brandon, be it the system, be it JOB, whatever it just never happened.

I hate to break this term out but frankly often times Brandon was irrelevent to the team. In other words if he played, fine. If he didn't play that night, well that was fine to as most people didn't miss him. In fact you could say a lot of people did miss him when he was on the court as often times you would forget he was there.

I know some will argue that was by design of the old coach. Maybe, I don't know though.

Maybe a fresh start for him will help as well. He can go to a system where he won't need to score so there won't be the pressure from the fans and front office for this.

Yea, but lets be honest, fan support isn't why you trade a guy. especially when, as you said, he's more irrelevant than "hated"

personally, I think he's not as good as people thought he could be. And he's been getting bad advice. (Drive to the basket more...he's not a good ball handler..and he doesn't like to get hit...not exactly a great combo to be encouraging to drive to the basket..especially when he's such a good shooter.)

aceace
12-18-2011, 03:49 AM
Just so you know, Dale Davis was a better free throw shooter that this guy.... let the adventure begin.

PG-24
12-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Since this doesn't seem to be getting picked up by anyone else, I'm going to assume this is a false rumor until I hear otherwise.

Well, its 2am on the east coast and was reported by a west coast source. Amundson also didnt play in todays game and hes fully healthy.

and a bad defender as well

Not at all.

BornReady
12-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Maybe this trade is best for both parties. Rush clearly was not doing too well on the Pacers - maybe he needs a change in scenery. Perhaps Indy will benefit more from Amundson's presence.

I do hope this means we sign Redd to a small contract.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 03:57 AM
Good deal. Nobodys asking Amundson to play big minutes, but he's there if you need him.

Best for both parties. I trust Larry will shore up that backup 3 spot as well

Day-V
12-18-2011, 03:58 AM
Just so you know, Dale Davis was a better free throw shooter that this guy.... let the adventure begin.

How dare you take Dale Davis' name in vain.

Good deal. Nobodys asking Amundson to play big minutes, but he's there if you need him.

It'll be a big relief for Foster. Allows him to rest up on the 2nd night of back-to-backs. Allows him to be more fresh come playoff time.

Ratking
I loved Amundson when he was with the Suns. I don't know where his game has gone since then, but he will contribute more to the team than rush.

Peck
?? He clearly is our best backup SG IMO and if Hill goes down now were :censored:

I feel far more comfortable in the back court than I do up front. God help us is Roy rolls an ankle.

Hill, Jones & hell even Price can fill in at the backup 2.

Up front we have Roy, the 50 year old Jeff Foster & who?

I've seen Lou play many times and he is more than capable of playing the backup center spot.

Remember guys backup centers in the NBA aren't all 7' 280lb monsters, most of them are either lanky power forwards or as in Lou's shorter but stronger players.

He is not going to make or break our team, but then again neither was Brandon and obviously the front office has been doing everything in their power over the past two seasons to all but give this guy away.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 03:59 AM
Yea, but lets be honest, fan support isn't why you trade a guy. especially when, as you said, he's more irrelevant than "hated"

personally, I think he's not as good as people thought he could be. And he's been getting bad advice. (Drive to the basket more...he's not a good ball handler..and he doesn't like to get hit...not exactly a great combo to be encouraging to drive to the basket..especially when he's such a good shooter.)

This! Again fans over expect there own player. Not every player is gonna be a star or even a starter you need to have role players and Rush was a very good one. A guy who plays great defense and gives you 8ppg and will knock down an open jumper he never should put the ball down on the floor that isnt his game. He should either come off screens or be the corner option like a Bruce Bowen.

I can tell you one thing come playoff time we are gonna miss him. If we have to face the Heat or really any team with decent perimeter players we are gonna suffer from not having an extra body to throw at them in Rush. Micheal Redd will have to do instead : puke: or maybe Lance would have to guard Rip Hamilton :laugh: :puke: Or better yet Danaty who will be a black hole on offense (and thats just being nice) with not as good of defense. I am not taking into account the possibility of an injury. Just :censored: this trade.

Day-V
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Remember guys backup centers in the NBA aren't all 7' 280lb monsters, most of them are either lanky power forwards or as in Lou's shorter but stronger players.

Was watching some old Pacers/Knicks games from the 90's a few days ago. There were times where they'd have AD covering Ewing. AD was 6'9, 215. Held his own.

Naptown_Seth
12-18-2011, 04:02 AM
Well I like Brandon's game. The last thing the team needs is Jones doing his black hole. It's ironic to me that people want a non-aggressive offense player to be aggressive when it comes at the expense of - Granger, Roy, West, George, Tyler, Collison and Hill who should all be doing the bulk of the scoring.

Oh no, if Brandon only scores 6 then how can the other 7 guys scoring more than him on average carry the team. I don't know how we can win with 18, 16, 16, 14, 12, 10, and 10 coming each night from those guys. That's 96 points there. Say I overstated Roy by 1 or 2 PPG, maybe Hill or DC are more like 8-9 per night. That's still in the high 80s so that the 4-6 a night you get from Foster, Rush and Pendergraph more than cover the rest.

Or you can have Jones actually take 4-6 points FROM another Pacer while not scoring himself.

I'm not even a Lance believer, but I'd rather see the ball in Lance's hands trying to create for someone else.

Mayo I'd take because you'd change Hill's role and shift some of his points to Mayo to get to 10-12 from the backup SG.

Peck
12-18-2011, 04:03 AM
This! Again fans over expect there own player. Not every player is gonna be a star or even a starter you need to have role players and Rush was a very good one. A guy who plays great defense and gives you 8ppg and will knock down an open jumper he never should put the ball down on the floor that isnt his game. He should either come off screens or be the corner option like a Bruce Bowen.

I can tell you one thing come playoff time we are gonna miss him. If we have to face the Heat or really any team with decent perimeter players we are gonna suffer from not having an extra body to throw at them in Rush. Micheal Redd will have to do instead : puke: or maybe Lance would have to guard Rip Hamilton :laugh: :puke: Or better yet Danaty who will be a black hole on offense (and thats just being nice) with not as good of defense. I am not taking into account the possibility of an injury. Just :censored: this trade.

I mean I guess you certainly are entitled to your opinion I guess I just never new you thought this highly of Rush.

Look at it like this, maybe out there he can get a fresh start.

To me I just don't care enough about Brandon Rush to really care. On the other hand if you go back over the past three seasons you will see where I have been trying to get Lou here.

Yes, I am well aware of his weaknesses but what he brings is something that I think we still lack a little bit of.

Bball
12-18-2011, 04:04 AM
There were times where they'd have AD covering Ewing. AD was 6'9, 215.

Huh?

Psyren
12-18-2011, 04:06 AM
Some of you (me included) wanted Reggie Evans. Amundson is the same exact player. No offensive game whatsoever, cant shoot FT's, but a good rebounder and a pretty good defender.

For the limited minutes he'll get, I like this deal.

Talk about tenacious. Hansbrough, Foster, Amundson, Pendergraph :devil:

Day-V
12-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Huh?

Antonio played minutes at Center, and he was 6'9, 215 pounds. Am I speaking Spanish?

Naptown_Seth
12-18-2011, 04:09 AM
I feel far more comfortable in the back court than I do up front. God help us is Roy rolls an ankle.

Up front we have Roy, the 50 year old Jeff Foster & who?

I've seen Lou play many times and he is more than capable of playing the backup center spot.

He is not going to make or break our team, but then again neither was Brandon and obviously the front office has been doing everything in their power over the past two seasons to all but give this guy away.
But Peck, this is what makes it all so aggrevating, it's activity for the sake of it.

Frontline depth - hey, um, you could have just spent about the same amount and kept Josh here. Surely he's as functional and useful as the Amundson in total, if for no other reason than he's not undersized and has a great vertical. And we know that he has great passing and was IMO the best screen/pick guy on the team (Jeff is Mr. Moving Screen, Tyler avoids contact because he's clearing for his own shot).

Then just keep Rush and go from there. They know the team, they were starting to know Vogel's system (certainly as much as any other player), and considering the abbreviated pre-season it goes a long way to keep your roster intact and familiar.

And haven't the Lakers and Warriors told us that there is some truth to this, that these players do have value? This isn't a stat trick because both players spent large portion of time in the JOB doghouse and have NOT put up huge "gimmick" numbers ala Troy where a team might be tricked into thinking someone is better than they are.

If anything your best shot to lure someone into over trading is to use the idea of DJones to get someone looking for wing defense to chase him for a deep bench big instead. Or maybe the Warriors know what we know.

xBulletproof
12-18-2011, 04:09 AM
Huh?

He's listed 6'9 and 215 in a lot of places. 6'9 and 245 in others.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Some of you (me included) wanted Reggie Evans. Amundson is the same exact player. No offensive game whatsoever, cant shoot FT's, but a good rebounder and a pretty good defender.

For the limited minutes he'll get, I like this deal.

Talk about tenacious. Hansbrough, Foster, Amundson, Pendergraph :devil:

I did too. But that's a free agent signing, which we have more than enough money for. We wouldn't give up Rush, and thus give Dahntay more time to find the self-destruct button for whatever momentum our starters establish.

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 04:12 AM

The problem isn't expecting more than what the payer turns out to be, but not accepting the player for what he is once you realize he isn't going to be what you want. Hell, I thought Brandon could be better and more complete player than Granger. Once I realized that wasn't going to happen, I accepted it and adjusted my expectations for what role he should be playing, instead of letting my disappointment turn into a dislike for him.

Peck
12-18-2011, 04:13 AM
Antonio played minutes at Center, and he was 6'9, 215 pounds. Am I speaking Spanish?

I believe he is questioning the 215 part of this. Tony was way more like 235 or 245.

Peck
12-18-2011, 04:15 AM
But Peck, this is what makes it all so aggrevating, it's activity for the sake of it.

Frontline depth - hey, um, you could have just spent about the same amount and kept Josh here. Surely he's as functional and useful as the Amundson in total, if for no other reason than he's not undersized and has a great vertical. And we know that he has great passing and was IMO the best screen/pick guy on the team (Jeff is Mr. Moving Screen, Tyler avoids contact because he's clearing for his own shot).

Then just keep Rush and go from there. They know the team, they were starting to know Vogel's system (certainly as much as any other player), and considering the abbreviated pre-season it goes a long way to keep your roster intact and familiar.

And haven't the Lakers and Warriors told us that there is some truth to this, that these players do have value? This isn't a stat trick because both players spent large portion of time in the JOB doghouse and have NOT put up huge "gimmick" numbers ala Troy where a team might be tricked into thinking someone is better than they are.

If anything your best shot to lure someone into over trading is to use the idea of DJones to get someone looking for wing defense to chase him for a deep bench big instead. Or maybe the Warriors know what we know.

You know I'd rather have kept Josh myself, that just never made sense to me either. But for whatever reason the fron office didn't even offer him a contract so I guess they wanted to move in a different direction.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 04:15 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/r/rushbr01/gamelog/2009/

nothing in his rookie year indicates to me he would be a great scorer. A run at the end of the season likely due to 85% of the teams tanking at the time and not playing hard.

I guess he had 2 nice games back to back in his 8 games of scoring double digts streak. I guess I never viewed Rush as a scorer even at Kansas. I viewed him more of a guy who does a little bit of everything can shoot from distance had a decent shot off one dribble. But I never though Rush would be a guy who can score whenever he wants he couldn't really take his man off the dribble in college so I didnt think he would be able to in the NBA. He was a very smart player and very efficient I liked that about him. However I did think Bayless could take his man off the dribble in college and though he would be able to in the NBA but he also didn't play a lick of defense and didn't have a position.

I just think Brandon is a smart guy and knows his game and knows his limitations which is why he is so timid.(this is a great trait to have IMO)

I just feel fans give him a raw deal because they didnt watch him before and didn't know his game so they expect something entirely different than they get Rush is not a scorer period and he knows it.

I believe a deal is in the works because I watched GS play tonight everyone played but him. Hell one Dleaguer got rotation minutes over him. Also Jackson cleared the bench with 2 mintues left and they said everyone played. And he isnt hurt I watched their open practice the other day and he played.

Day-V
12-18-2011, 04:16 AM
I believe he is questioning the 215 part of this. Tony was way more like 235 or 245.

Ah, gotcha. Well, I don't know what exactly the case it there. Basketball-Reference and DraftExpress have him at 215, but CBS and NBA.com have him at 245.

croz24
12-18-2011, 04:17 AM
Should have re-signed McRoberts............

Eleazar
12-18-2011, 04:19 AM
Ah, gotcha. Well, I don't know what exactly the case it there. Basketball-Reference and DraftExpress have him at 215, but CBS and NBA.com have him at 245.

If he was 215 he would have been one skinny dude at 6'9.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 04:21 AM
I did too. But that's a free agent signing, which we have more than enough money for. We wouldn't give up Rush, and thus give Dahntay more time to find the self-destruct button for whatever momentum our starters establish.

I understand completely.

Still, I just think Rush is too overvalued. He's simply not worth all of PD having a tizzy over. He's never been that important to this team that people should start freaking out over him getting traded for a guy like Amundson.

But back to Amundson. He's a guy who's comfortable in doing what's asked of him, which is why I really liked him. He knows his only job is to get under guys skin, play tough D, and clean the glass on both ends and get his teammates extra shots. There's nothing to not like about him.

BTW Kuq_e_Zi91, this post wasn't directed at you. I was just quoting yours agreeing that we could've gotten Reggie Evans via FA without losing Rush :D

pezasied182
12-18-2011, 04:25 AM
I've said before..I like Dahntay...I just think his best role is cheerleading on the bench (which he is awesome at..) But I think Hill is your primary backup 2 guard now.

Who is going to be the primary backup point then? It's not going to be Lance or Price.

Ratking
12-18-2011, 04:29 AM
I think people will change their minds about Louis when they see him go up against the likes of Noah and Boozer. He won't get pushed around on the glass. He has Tyler and Jeff's hustle, but with much better athletecism. He can get UP. Great rebounder and shot blocker. Offensively, he looked his best with someone like Nash setting him up. Unless one of our guards can take advantage of his around-the-basket athletecism with good set-ups, he won't give us anything offensively.

I think Rush was just going to get lost in our current lineup. Looking at some of his boxscores from last year, he had some great games in the first half of the season. With George and Hill, and Lance developing though, I just don't see where he would get his minutes. At least with Amundson he would provide us some great low-post defense when our starter's are slacking. Guys like that inspire defense in their teammates.

Amundson was a game-changer with the Suns in the playoffs. Every team was looking at him back then. A few years later, he is under the radar, but brings the same things to the table.

MillerTime
12-18-2011, 04:32 AM
I like Lou...he's a good back up.

I don't, however, like the fact that we only got Lou for Rush. We could have gotten more.

We should have taken a shot at Amir Johnson

imawhat
12-18-2011, 04:32 AM
Lou is a hustler, but that's it.

I can't believe this trade. Lou is barely in the NBA, the Warriors are loaded at guard and just drafted Klay Tompson. It doesn't add up. Certainly we could've gotten more from Rush. Maybe a pick is included?

I always assumed Brandon would wind up in Phoenix.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 04:35 AM
I think people will change their minds about Louis when they see him go up against the likes of Noah and Boozer. He won't get pushed around on the glass. He has Tyler and Jeff's hustle, but with much better athletecism. He can get UP. Great rebounder and shot blocker. Offensively, he looked his best with someone like Nash setting him up. Unless one of our guards can take advantage of his around-the-basket athletecism with good set-ups, he won't give us anything offensively.

I think Rush was just going to get lost in our current lineup. Looking at some of his boxscores from last year, he had some great games in the first half of the season. With George and Hill, and Lance developing though, I just don't see where he would get his minutes. At least with Amundson he would provide us some great low-post defense when our starter's are slacking. Guys like that inspire defense in their teammates.

Amundson was a game-changer with the Suns in the playoffs. Every team was looking at him back then. A few years later, he is under the radar, but brings the same things to the table.

Agreed.

He got lost in GS's lineup, but a few years ago he was very highly coveted, and the Pacers were right there in the mix trying to get him.

You're entirely correct though. He's a guy that you put in and won't get pushed around by anybody. He's very limited, but he's tough.

Carlos Boozer's worst nightmare = Hansbrough/Amundson

ilive4sports
12-18-2011, 04:35 AM

No hes not. George Hill is. And like i said, id be surprised if we didnt bring in another sg, one who can score. I bet Bird has something worked out for a sg and this kept a spot open while getting a back up big like we need.

I mean seriously, its brandon rush... i dont want him to be our back up sg.

IndySDExport
12-18-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm really confused by this thread. in re the negativity.

As of yesterday, most wanted brandon gone.

Lou is better, imo, than we're giving him credit for.

Brandon was worse than some are giving him credit for (His defense... Really? He was decent but inconsistent at best.)

Lance fans should be cheering because now he's got more of a shot for more minutes..

Paul George and George Hill will now share the bulk minutes at the 2 guard spot.

We're more aggressive up front.

We still have a bunch of cap space and flexibilty.

I don't see much negative in this.

Any other source for this, by the way? This seems pretty tenuous.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 04:37 AM
Lou is a hustler, but that's it.

I can't believe this trade. Lou is barely in the NBA, the Warriors are loaded at guard and just drafted Klay Tompson. Certainly we could've gotten more from Rush. Maybe a pick is included?

I always assumed Brandon would wind up in Phoenix.
Jackson is preaching defense and yes they have a lot of scoring wings not one of them is a good man defender like Brandon. Monta and Steph are good at playing the passing lanes and getting steals but they arent good defenders and Klay will likely be poor to average. Rush is clearly there best wing defender if this goes down and they basically got him for a 15mpg energy big who has no skill and gives you what a dleaguer could. Great trade for GS though they get there best defender for a guy who would of played 0 minutes this year with all the bigs GS has now.

xBulletproof
12-18-2011, 04:40 AM
This guy is apparently the Warriors beat writer, and is saying it's completely done now. He's also saying it's a straight up 1 for 1 deal.

imawhat
12-18-2011, 04:43 AM
It makes basketball sense but not with personnel. I guess they could play Brandon at SF.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 04:45 AM
The trade really doesn't make sense to me for GS.

IMO, you only bring in Rush if you feel that Klay really isn't ready, which I haven't thought at all.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 04:46 AM
The trade really doesn't make sense to me for GS.

IMO, you only bring in Rush if you feel that Klay really isn't ready, which I haven't thought at all.

They have 6 bigs Lou is the worst they dont have a defender at the wing it makes perfect sense for them.

Brandon might only play when they play elite guys like Wade or CP3 or whoever. Playing time doesn't matter you are trading a guy who was gonna get 0 minutes this year anyway in Lou. They are filling a need.

Kuq_e_Zi91
I understand completely.

Still, I just think Rush is too overvalued. He's simply not worth all of PD having a tizzy over. He's never been that important to this team that people should start freaking out over him getting traded for a guy like Amundson.

But back to Amundson. He's a guy who's comfortable in doing what's asked of him, which is why I really liked him. He knows his only job is to get under guys skin, play tough D, and clean the glass on both ends and get his teammates extra shots. There's nothing to not like about him.

BTW Kuq_e_Zi91, this post wasn't directed at you. I was just quoting yours agreeing that we could've gotten Reggie Evans via FA without losing Rush :D

I agree about Amundson. I know I'll grow to love his hustle. As a fan, really all you can ask for is a player who leaves it all on the floor for your team. That's Lou. And like I mentioned before, he's a good fit for our smash-mouth style. The problem is, that's about the only pro to this trade. I'm not even sure we needed to get more aggressive in the post. We just needed another big body, and that's not Lou.

As for Rush, his real value to this team was on the defensive end, his three point shooting, and keeping Dahntay off the floor. I just think we'll miss all three, though I think, or I should say I hope, Hill can make up for most of the first two.

MillerTime
He reminds me of Mark Madsen

MillerTime
12-18-2011, 04:48 AM
It makes basketball sense but not with personnel. I guess they could play Brandon at SF.

They play a lot of small ball. They used to play Stephen Jackson at PF

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-18-2011, 04:50 AM
They have 6 bigs Lou is the worst they dont have a defender at the wing it makes perfect sense for them.

Brandon might only play when they play elite guys like Wade or CP3 or whoever. Playing time doesn't matter you are trading a guy who was gonna get 0 minutes this year anyway in Lou. They are filling a need.

Dominic McGuire is a pretty good defender at the wing, but I agree that Rush is better.

Infinite MAN_force
12-18-2011, 04:51 AM

Brandon has the size to play SF.

I think from Golden State's perspective, its about getting a wing that can actually DEFEND on that roster. Its a good move for them. Rush needed a change of scenery.

Picking up Admunson was a good move for us. We needed another big. Good for both teams, good for Brandon. The fan base here were pretty much at the point of hating him for no reason anyway.

I've always liked Brandon and think he can be a really effective backup wing who defends and spreads the floor, Now that we have Paul George, Stephenson, and George Hill though... it makes sense to move him.

imawhat
12-18-2011, 04:58 AM
There is no break for the opponents if we have sweet Lou, Tyler, Pendergraph and Jeff. Hands down, that's the scrappiest front court I've ever seen. I actually feel bad for Roy and West, having to go up against these guys in practice. It could be good for Roy.

Will Galen
12-18-2011, 05:00 AM
Should have re-signed McRoberts............

A lot of us think that. Obviously the front office disagreed, the question is why? Didn't fit their plans? Not smash mouth enough? There's a reason, we just don't know what it is.

As for Rush, after reading his Twitter troubles this summer, and him being a pot head, he was never going to be kept unless they just could't find a trade for him. Remember they tried to include him in a trade him for Mayo.

Amundson was probably the first trade to come along the Pacers liked.

mcampbellarch
12-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Amundson has a greater ability to help the other pacers play better than rush has shown

would rather have seen josh - guessing defense and rebounding skills

hope to see him against chicago - similar energy to noah

ChristianDudley
12-18-2011, 05:02 AM
I still remember when Zach Randolph punched Lou Amundson right in the face on the court and then got ejected & suspended. Felt bad for Lou, but man that was one heck of a memorable moment lol.

ChristianDudley
12-18-2011, 05:02 AM
Amundson has a greater ability to help the other pacers play better

hope to see him against chicago - similar energy to noah

Similar hairstyle to Noah, too. lmao

Psyren
12-18-2011, 05:04 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wq-zUwozpOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:devil:

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Dominic McGuire is a pretty good defender at the wing, but I agree that Rush is better.

If people think Rush is a bad offensive player watch McGuire he is literally twice as bad and a worse defender he isn't as quick as Rush IMO either. McGuire is actually a liability on offense lol he cant shoot he cant dribble he cant really do much. I doubt he makes the team he only has an invite I believe but GS announcer though he would make it because he is the only guy on the roster outside of Udoh who plays defense. B Rush will actually fit perfect in GS Jackson is still preaching run and gun but he is also preaching defense. Playing with Curry and Monta will get him a lot of open shots. GS was basiclly a jump shot team last year last in the league in points in the paint. Maybe B rush can go there and revive his career like Dorell Wright did. Who was always a great shooter but in GS he really excelled and lead the NBA in 3pt makes last year mostly due to open looks from Monta and Steph taking all the defensive pressure. I bet Rush is the primary backup SF

There backups should be good.

Charles Jenkings (really like his game)
Klay Thomson
Brandon Rush
Udoh
Biderans

That is a decent bench IMO also just added Ishmael Smith dude can fly(but thats about all he can do he is as quick as a young TJ Ford) did they bring back Al Thornton (i think they did?? he and Jeremy Tyler are also there I believe

Klay and Jenkings can really score the ball.

trs72
12-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Well if this does happen I dont think it will be a bad deal. Although I would rather it be Dahntey Jones instead. I think Rush needs a change and I think Bird had seen enough when he got suspended for pot last year and thats why Rush's name has been mention in a few trades. What we will miss is having a guy on the floor that can knock down jumpers. We are lacking this already and if Rush is not on the team we have even less. All in all Lou will help on Reb. when he plays and be another bruiser on the team. None of us know what goes on behind closed doors so maybe Rush has a little bit of a bad attitude. He went from starting to bench and saw his minutes decrease so maybe he has been upset about that and ask if they would find a better place for him. Only thing I know is if this goes thru we are much worse from the perimeter. Hopefully George Hill makes up the difference.

aero
12-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Im just happy that Rush is outta here! I would have traded him for just about anyone right now if it were up to me.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 05:22 AM
Well if this does happen I dont think it will be a bad deal. Although I would rather it be Dahntey Jones instead. I think Rush needs a change and I think Bird had seen enough when he got suspended for pot last year and thats why Rush's name has been mention in a few trades. What we will miss is having a guy on the floor that can knock down jumpers. We are lacking this already and if Rush is not on the team we have even less. All in all Lou will help on Reb. when he plays and be another bruiser on the team. None of us know what goes on behind closed doors so maybe Rush has a little bit of a bad attitude. He went from starting to bench and saw his minutes decrease so maybe he has been upset about that and ask if they would find a better place for him. Only thing I know is if this goes thru we are much worse from the perimeter. Hopefully George Hill makes up the difference.

As much as it scares me, I have a gut feeling Michael Redd will be joining us. That, to me, is a bit scary to rely on him, but we are going need a deep threat off the bench, and I'm not sure Hill is that guy unfortunately.

Still, I agree entirely with your post.

Rush needed a change of scenery. Hopefully GS will help him turn his career around.

Amundson is a good guy to have. We are thin up front, and a lot of our front court has injury problems unfortunately (Hansbrough's dizziness, Foster getting older, West's ACL, Pendegraph's ACL). Add in that Roy just looks frail, we needed another guy to come in just in case something happens to any of them. Amundson is a good fit.

Is this a great deal? No.

But it's also not a bad deal.

rock747
12-18-2011, 05:23 AM
Interesting trade. Broke really late. Pacers are really thinning out at the wing position. Dunleavy off the bench sounds good to me now.

Evan_The_Dude
12-18-2011, 05:35 AM
How many players in our history have ended up Golden State Warriors?

Strummer
12-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Seems like a fair trade to me. He and Rush are both expirings. And it opens a slot for Redd, hopefully on a 1 year deal.

It does really seem like the Pacers are trying to get tougher up front.

Mourning
12-18-2011, 05:51 AM
I'm really confused by this thread. in re the negativity.

As of yesterday, most wanted brandon gone.

Lou is better, imo, than we're giving him credit for.

Brandon was worse than some are giving him credit for (His defense... Really? He was decent but inconsistent at best.)

Lance fans should be cheering because now he's got more of a shot for more minutes..

Paul George and George Hill will now share the bulk minutes at the 2 guard spot.

We're more aggressive up front.

We still have a bunch of cap space and flexibilty.

I don't see much negative in this.

Any other source for this, by the way? This seems pretty tenuous.

+1

presto123
12-18-2011, 05:55 AM
Are we trying to become the Raiders of the NBA? Will the fans start dressing the part? No blood no foul.

pacers74
12-18-2011, 06:12 AM
If you search Brandon Rush on twitter he is blowing up. It is mostly Warriors fans saying how great the deal is. It looks good on paper for them, but let's see how they like it when they see how inconsistent and unmotivated Rush is.

If this deal really goes down, then I am not sure if I am love with it or not. We get rid of Rush which is a positive, but does that mean we see more of D.Jones. That would be a huge negative.

I really have not seen much of Amundson. Can he play center? I hope so, because if West is 100% we have no playing time left at PF.

Hypnotiq
12-18-2011, 06:27 AM
I like it hopefully we can get a 2nd rounder

able
12-18-2011, 06:31 AM
Welcome Michael Redd

Even if you combine the two players coming in, add Pendergast (who is still to injured to play) and consider we gave up Rush and McRoberts for them, then i can more and more see why the MurphLeavy trade made sense.

Mildly enthoused about the West signing (i first like to see if he can reach his old level) simply dumbfounded by the rest of the activity.

Where we had a chance to really score in the off-season, so far we have made a royal mess of it.

I am not going to discuss the merits of either Rush or McRoberts, we have all season to see how they do in their new surroundings.

I wonder how Staple Center will sound after the first or second slam by Josh though.

I wish them both all the success in the world, obviously they were meant to grow big elsewhere.

AusPACER
12-18-2011, 06:33 AM
Long, long time reader, first time poster.

Like some on here I think Rush just needs a real change and I think Larry lost it with him a while ago.

Although this is far from official I am also a bit skeptical on taking this info as 100% done just yet but I think there are 2 reasons he does this.

1. He believes in Lance, we all know this and I think his trying to get more minutes for him at the 2.

2. He flips him and Larry does have a plan after all to get us that shooter off the bench that can get his own shot.

If we keep Lou he is down right dirty, he will definitely fit in and he works his god damn *** off. Sometimes you just need locker room guys, and from all reports he is one of these.

JB24
12-18-2011, 06:43 AM
Yuck.

Brandon Rush at this point in time is a better player than Redd. And Lou Amundsen type scrubs are a dime a dozen.

31andonly
12-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Is it a done deal? Haven't seen any reports yet...

D squared fan
12-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Rush had maxed on his potential here and we all know Bird wasn't gona resign his next year and bird wanted Lou last year..he brings toughness and gets under other team players skin..similar to Noah ..I think both teams know the plus and minuses on this trade and both teams know each player can use a change of scenery ..as much as we hate D.Jones..he does take it to the hole more than Rush or Granger do..let's see Lou play in a Pacer uni b4 we pass judgement on him..he seems like a player that gives a team 110%when he plays..and the funny part is...the warriors fan think they are robbing us on this deal...wait til Rush plays like casper out there and gets suspended for blazing the kush again ..I wish both players success on their new teams..bird wants Lance and Hill more time at the 2..maybe price is involved since he didnt play friday at all..that was weird to see..welcome Lou if this trade happens

D squared fan
12-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Well if we do sign Redd..im sure the front office worked him out first and the team doctor fully examined him..not sure if he missed time last year cause of a torn acl..but he is a shooter .and maybe he's been training and working out and is half assed healthy now

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 07:38 AM
I'm ok with this. Rush would go nowhere with us. Bird won't resign him. So getting front court depth for him alone is a plus. And Lou will bring just what seems to be our goal from the bench - hustle, no backing of and a high level of energy when our starters go out. And Amundson brings just this even as the 5th guy when the others are in foul trouble. Rush is expendable and would be gone after the season anyway. Amundson will have to play for his next contract so he will bring what we expect and want from a backup big. So yeah, bye bye pothead - glad when you are finally gone

Steagles
12-18-2011, 07:49 AM
Hopefully now we can sign Redd

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

DGPR
12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
So I guess this is what the rest of the league thinks of Brandon Rush.

Heisenberg
12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
Now who's the scapegoat?

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 08:24 AM
So I guess this is what the rest of the league thinks of Brandon Rush.

Exactly, if one considers how many times Larry tried to trade him. The whole NBA knew we wanted to get rid of him, but obviously a Lou Amundson is what he is worth.
It's actually pretty frustrating to see we can't do better, but whatever get him out already. Hope this time we see a confirmation of the trade and not that it fell through again.

McKeyFan
12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
It does really seem like the Pacers are trying to get tougher up front.

:crazy:

pacers74
12-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Hey, now Rush can get his medical Marijuna card. :hippie:

LG33
12-18-2011, 08:47 AM
I'm not in favor of this deal. I think it hurts this team a lot more than it helps.

12-18-2011, 08:57 AM
Eh, wish we would have signed Josh McRoberts instead. I know, I know, it's all about the Benjamin's

Unclebuck
12-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I like this a lot

granger33
12-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Straight from the horses Mouth. he replied to me:

Brandon Rush @IamThaKing25
@JustinBeck33 I haven't heard anything

@JustinBeck33 must be rumors.

pacers74
12-18-2011, 09:39 AM
I like this a lot

Do you like Amundson? If so, what do you think he can bring to our team?

pacers74
12-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Maybe he just woke up and you were the first one he heard this from. Wouldn't it be funny if he does end up getting traded and you broke the news to him. :laugh:

BoomBaby33
12-18-2011, 10:00 AM

If i remember right they were saying nothing would happen with Redd until Sunday or so. The timing of this all fits. I would be OK with Redd as long as he can stay healthy. And how can you not like another hustle guy in Lou. I like the deal.

As far as AJ goes, i am in agreement with this. He has hit some big shots for us in the past. He seems to hit a shot when we need it. I always liked AJ and I hope he can contribute.

bambam
12-18-2011, 10:07 AM
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=a2apage_sm_ifr height=1 src="http://static.addtoany.com/menu/sm7.html#type=page&event=load&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pacersdigest.com%2Fnewreply.p hp%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D1322651&referrer=" frameBorder=0 width=1 allowTransparency transparency="true"></IFRAME>
Look as this GSW fans response....Guess he hasnt seen Rush play?

Bane Says:
<SMALL class=commentmetadata>December 17th, 2011 at 11:42 pm (http://www.pacersdigest.com/#comment-39325)</SMALL>
Finally, a game-changing move from the front office. Let the season begin!

McKeyFan
12-18-2011, 10:07 AM
:crazy:

My bad. I misread that. Thought you said "doesn't".

mildlysane
12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
Maybe he just woke up and you were the first one he heard this from. Wouldn't it be funny if he does end up getting traded and you broke the news to him. :laugh:

BRush....."I wasn't gonna be traded, but then I got high....I wasn't gonna post on twitter, but then I got high....now I play on the Warriors team, and I don't know why....because I got high, because I got high, because I got high"
:laugh:

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 10:09 AM
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=a2apage_sm_ifr height=1 src="http://static.addtoany.com/menu/sm7.html#type=page&event=load&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pacersdigest.com%2Fnewreply.p hp%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D1322651&referrer=" frameBorder=0 width=1 allowTransparency frameborder="0" transparency="true"></IFRAME>
Look as this GSW fans respons....Guess he hasnt seeen Rush play?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

bambam
12-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I dont mind Lou. Heck for 14mins a game the last 3 seasons, he avgs 4pts, 4 rebs, and 1 blk shot. i am not sure sure Rush would avg that in 14mins. We needed a big, and i think he will work just fine.

Ownagedood
12-18-2011, 10:14 AM
We have a knack for dumping our high talent, low moral, under performing players on GSW.. I almost feel bad for them..

Amundson won't be great, but Rush wasn't either... this just opens the door for PG and GH to be able to play a ton of SG min.. and gives us a hustla, in the opposite meaning Rush would think it to be.

MaHa3000
12-18-2011, 10:18 AM

Hope he finds out by this afternoon. Fan Jam starts at 4:00.

Winner
12-18-2011, 10:24 AM
This is THE dumbest trade the Pacers have ever made.

But, I seriously hate this trade.

jeffg-body
12-18-2011, 10:30 AM
I have to agree with a lot of people in asking if they saw Rush play much. One person had him backing up the three spot in their line-up.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 10:31 AM
I rather keep Rush...I might be the minority.

aero
12-18-2011, 10:33 AM
<IFRAME style="Z-INDEX: 100000; BORDER-BOTTOM: 0px; POSITION: absolute; BORDER-LEFT: 0px; WIDTH: 1px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 1px; BORDER-TOP: 0px; BORDER-RIGHT: 0px; TOP: 0px; LEFT: 0px" id=a2apage_sm_ifr height=1 src="http://static.addtoany.com/menu/sm7.html#type=page&event=load&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pacersdigest.com%2Fnewreply.p hp%3Fdo%3Dnewreply%26noquote%3D1%26p%3D1322651&referrer=" frameBorder=0 width=1 allowTransparency transparency="true"></IFRAME>
Look as this GSW fans response....Guess he hasnt seen Rush play?

agreed lol

jeffg-body
12-18-2011, 10:34 AM
If this trade goes through, there's our big man. Now sign Redd and get this thing a rolling.

Kegboy
12-18-2011, 10:41 AM
First of all, it always amazes me how many people are posting at 3, 4 in the morning, and it's not people from the other side of the globe.

As for the matter at hand, I liked Rush quite a bit in college. And the second the draft-night trade was announced I said he was a bad fit here. Portland should have kept him. Much better place for him. We wanted/needed an aggressive scorer, and that's not Brandon, period. Way too passive. And that's before we found out there's heavy competition among Jayhawks for the Cheech and Chong scholarship.

I know nothing about Lou, though I do remember us trying to get him before. Sounds like maybe he'd be Foster's understudy. Not what we wanted, but considering Jeff's health having somebody else fill that role isn't horrible.

Lastly, not knowing anything about this kid, I'm sure Rush is infinitely more talented. But I keep seeing the word "hustle" about Lou. I can absolutely guarantee the words "hustle" and "Brandon Rush" have never appeared in the same sentence before. So, on the whole, maybe this trade ain't too bad.

speakout4
12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
This was going to be BR's final year as a pacer. He wasn't going to get a qualifying offer 2012-13. As much as everyone says they like this or that about him he couldn't be counted on when you needed him. It was apparent that the FO had no faith in BR after JOB left. At that point he was expected to step up his game and it didn't happen.

As for Lou, 4 and 4 in 14 min/game isn't bad. He doesn't even have a contract for next season

pacers74
12-18-2011, 10:49 AM
First of all, it always amazes me how many people are posting at 3, 4 in the morning, and it's not people from the other side of the globe.

I have to be at work at 4 on Sat. and Sun. That is why I am up.

D-BONE
12-18-2011, 10:50 AM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wq-zUwozpOc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

:devil:

Sideshow Lou?

31andonly
12-18-2011, 10:51 AM
I still haven't seen or read any reports on this aside from pacersdigest...

pizza guy
12-18-2011, 10:52 AM
I would have MUCH rather seen Inferno be the one to get traded, but it is obvious that Bird really wanted to get rid of Rush. Maybe there was a quiet trade request made by Brandon, who knows?

I think Lou is a quality addition to the end of the big man rotation, and I look forward to seeing him play, and really maximize Vogel's smashmouth style down low.

Also, is there a any solid confirmation on this yet?

pacers74
12-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Does anyone think he can play backup center?

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 10:54 AM
Hmm, am I the only one who has the feeling this will just be another episode of "How We Almost Tradet B. Rush"?

Find it kinda suspect that there is only one source and it only says 'maybe finalized sunday'. Hope I'm wrong though

speakout4
12-18-2011, 10:56 AM
Hmm, am I the only one who has the feeling this will just be another episode of "How We Almost Tradet B. Rush"?

Find it kinda suspect that there is only one source and it only says 'maybe finalized sunday'. Hope I'm wrong though
Do you think we will be 0 for 4 trading Brandon?

pacers74
12-18-2011, 10:58 AM
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1698345056/nba2_normal.jpg
nbadailytweets (http://twitter.com/#!/nbadailytweets) NBA

NBA Rumors: Brandon Rush for Louis Amundson

1 minute ago on twitter. It looks like it is still a rumor.

Pacerized
12-18-2011, 11:14 AM
He is a very undersized center. Very.

I don't see the point in this trade. Rush has some value to the team on a small contract that expires soon. I'd package him in a trade but not for a player that should never see the court. If we're going to bring in a 6'9" 225 lb. player to use as a backup center, I'd rather just give those minutes to Tyler. It's going to be hard enough to find minutes for Tyler anyway if West is healthy. West will play 35 minutes, and Tyler needs more then 13.
I'd rather just sit on Rush as an insurance policy.

El Pacero
12-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Sam Amick and Mike Wells just confirmed this deal.

pacers74
12-18-2011, 11:17 AM
I guess it is a done deal. He will probably split the backup center time with Foster.

wintermute
12-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Yup, Mike Wells just tweeted

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA

Source confirms the Pacers have agreed to send Brandon Rush to Golden State for Lou Amundson. @gswscribe first to report the trade.

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA

Move makes sense for Indy. They've been trying to move Rush for a couple of years and they need frontcourt help w Pendergraph hurt.

How long will Pendergraph be out? I had thought it was a minor injury.

Goodbye and good luck to Rush. Change of scenery may be just what he needed.

pacers74
12-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Maybe Pendergraph is going to be out a while too.

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 11:20 AM
We did it - Mike Wells confirmes via twitter, yaaay

Hicks
12-18-2011, 11:26 AM
While I'm not high (no pun) on Rush anymore, I'm baffled by the glee some of you have over his departure.

thatch3232
12-18-2011, 11:28 AM
While I'm not high (no pun) on Rush anymore, I'm baffled by the glee some of you have over his departure.

I like Amundson, I think he is almost as feisty as Jeff! Will be good to have for depth in the front court.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 11:29 AM
now time to sign michael redd or trade for a sg and our roster will be set

Hicks
12-18-2011, 11:30 AM
This is Brandon's last best chance to have a good careerin this league. Contract year, new team, and I imagine they'll give him some solid looks at playing time.

Or not, I suppose. Maybe he is to them what Lou is to us: 3rd string.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 11:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbbJPTmiUu0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0hQxQZneRI&feature=related

Freddie fan

I don't disagree with you about Brandon's irrelevance at times, but given that thought, it's interesting that he led the Pacers in minutes two seasons ago in 2009-10. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2010.html) Last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2011.html), he was fourth in minutes behind Granger, Collison and Hibbert (Dunleavy was fifth and McRoberts with sixth, which shows how different this year's team is going to be.)

Hicks
I like Amundson, I think he is almost as feisty as Jeff! Will be good to have for depth in the front court.

From what little I recall and see of him, I like Lou, too, but I'm referring to people who don't just like the trade or Amundson but are celebrating the exit of Rush and/or knocking him around a bit with their parting words. Bashing his morals and such. I understand a little bc of the Twitter bit, but not a lot. We've had far bigger issues than him in the character department.

PacerDude
12-18-2011, 11:35 AM
Probably because he really did nothing to improve himself as a player or a person in his time here. I think we (at least I) have had enough of guys like that.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
I hope there's a SG signing or trade in the near future. Looking at the new roster...

Collison/Hill
George/D. Jones
Granger/George?
D. West/Hansbrough
Hibbert/Foster/Lou

*****....why do I feel like we got weaker? I wasn't the biggest Rush fan, but I would expected something better than Lou. I like Jones' defensive efforts and scrappy attitude, but he doesn't bring any offense to the second unit. At least Rush was good for a quick 6 PPG on the bench, and some athlethic defensive plays.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 11:36 AM
Back to what the deal means for us, I know Dahntay is the first person to come to mind, but let's not forget about Lance Stephenson. Apparently he had a good camp and summer, and obviously they still think he can make something of himself, so he probably just got a spot in the rotation. When he plays, you give Hill minutes at the two. On the floor together, they can share and switch responsibilities between their two roles as needed.

thatch3232
12-18-2011, 11:37 AM
From what little I recall and see of him, I like Lou, too, but I'm referring to people who don't just like the trade or Amundson but are celebrating the exit of Rush and/or knocking him around a bit with their parting words. Bashing his morals and such. I understand a little bc of the Twitter bit, but not a lot. We've had far bigger issues than him in the character department.

I agree, but like you and others have said, I believe a change of scenery is probly the best thing for him and I'm glad he is getting another chance. I'd love to play for Mark Jackson!!

Dr. Awesome
12-18-2011, 11:38 AM
Outside of Paul George, Brandon Rush was the most naturally gifted player on our team. It's ashame to see what he amounted to here. Hopefully he will get his act together and save his career in GS.

Also, obviously I have been one of Rush'd biggest supporters on this forum. However, he really soured on me during the lockout. All that said, he was a hell of a lot better than a lot of y'all are making him out to be. Defense is so underrated on this board, and yes, if you understand anything at all about defense, he was exceptional, not a little above average.

/rant over

Best of luck Brandon.

PacerPenguins
Back to what the deal means for us, I know Dahntay is the first person to come to mind, but let's not forget about Lance Stephenson. Apparently he had a good camp and summer, and obviously they still think he can make something of himself, so he probably just got a spot in the rotation. When he plays, you give Hill minutes at the two. On the floor together, they can share and switch responsibilities between their two roles as needed.

yea i agree... i dont think were going to see much of Dahntay in the regular season

Hicks
Redd, if he arrives, will only be in the rotation if he still has some considerable game left. Otherwise, he's our 99-2000 Chris Mullin. Vet presence in the bench and at practice.

BoomBaby31
12-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I feel we could of received much more for Rush. Rush is a type of player you can throw a draft pick in with and get a very solid player. Amundson is a player we could of signed off the street. I don't think it's a horrible trade, just felt we are getting the short end of the stick.

HC
12-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Outside of Paul George, Brandon Rush was the most naturally gifted player on our team. It's ashame to see what he amounted to here. Hopefully he will get his act together and save his career in GS.
Also, obviously I have been one of Rush'd biggest supporters on this forum. However, he really soured on me during the lockout. All that said, he was a hell of a lot better than a lot of y'all are making him out to be. Defense is so underrated on this board, and yes, if you understand anything at all about defense, he was exceptional, not a little above average.

/rant over

Best of luck Brandon.

That is all on Brandon. He has had his opportunities here, and blew them.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 11:42 AM
Collision/Stephenson/Price
George/Hill/Redd?
Granger/George/Jones
West/Hansbrough/Pendergraph
Hibbert/Foster/Amundson

Our second unit is ridiculous. I love it.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I feel we could of received much more for Rush. Rush is a type of player you can throw a draft pick in with and get a very solid player. Amundson is a player we could of signed off the street. I don't think it's a horrible trade, just felt we are getting the short end of the stick.

My thoughts exactly...in past trade rumors, he almost netted us OJ Mayo in one trade. In a different trade rumored, he almost netted us Gerald Henderson, Nazr Mohammed and D.J. Augustin from the Bobcats.

pwee31
12-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Sweet. I like the move, for more than just basketball reasons. The Pacers really struggled when Famous and Lazar were on the court. Added a big to the bench, and I expect we'll add another shooter/scorer, likely Michael Redd.

Heisenberg
My thoughts exactly...in past trade rumors, he almost netted us OJ Mayo in one trade. In a different trade rumored, he almost netted us Gerald Henderson, Nazr Mohammed and D.J. Augustin in
Rush was involved in those rumors, he was far from the key piece in any of them.

Hicks
Amundson is a player we could of signed off the street.

Not really true. He was a free agent last summer (2010). We bid on him then, and someone else bid more than us to land him. He's better than you think.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 11:46 AM
My thoughts exactly...in past trade rumors, he almost netted us OJ Mayo in one trade. In a different trade rumored, he almost netted us Gerald Henderson, Nazr Mohammed and D.J. Augustin from the Bobcats.

How about we include the other Pacers involved in those two deals? Rush was not the centerpiece of the Mayo deal, Josh was.

Pacerized
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM

Well put, I care a lot more about what's best for the Pacers then I care about what's best for Rush. He's only a minor asset by why give any asset away.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 11:48 AM
Rush was involved in those rumors, he was far from the key piece in any of them.

I understand he wasn't the key piece, but his involvement in the trades gave us better value back in return. IMHO, McRoberts + Rush for Mayo would have been a good trade. Rush + Ford for Gerald Henderson, Nazr Mohammed and D.J. Augustin would have been a good trade for us.

wintermute
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM
Big men who can play are always worth more than you'd think. Amundson is a great pick up for the Pacers - fills a need and doesn't have a huge contract.

speakout4
12-18-2011, 11:49 AM

Rush wants to be in GS where medical marijuana is legal. He can fill his prescriptions without hassles.

croz24
12-18-2011, 11:51 AM
Haven't liked Rush since his high school days when IU was recruiting him. Hated the trade for him. And couldn't be happier he's off the team. I remember catching a lot of heat on here when I was very vocal that Rush wouldn't amount to anything on the Pacers, and I'm going to stick by that assessment.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 11:52 AM
Probably because he really did nothing to improve himself as a player or a person in his time here. I think we (at least I) have had enough of guys like that.

as a person?? WTF he is paid to play basketball not be your buddy and tweet out positive things.

This trade is just stupid IMO. But I am glad Brandon is going somewhere where his defense can be appreciated. But not having him in the playoffs will really hurt. If Dantay is in the rotation this year I might lose it.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 11:55 AM
as a person?? WTF he is paid to play basketball not be your buddy and tweet out positive things.

This trade is just stupid IMO. But I am glad Brandon is going somewhere where his defense can be appreciated. But not having him in the playoffs will really hurt. If Dantay is in the rotation this year I might lose it.

look at his mood.... explains it all

Trophy
12-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Amundson did not dress for Saturday night's preseason game because, according to a team source, the Warriors are in the process of trading him to Indiana for Brandon Rush, the San Jose Mercury News reports.

Spin: From the Pacers perspective, the deal would clear up some of the log jam they have on the wing while getting a serviceable big, who can play 10 minutes a night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3041/louis-amundson

Heisenberg
12-18-2011, 11:58 AM
A fresh start!!

https://twitter.com/#!/IamThaKing25/status/148431128137707520 (https://twitter.com/#%21/IamThaKing25/status/148431128137707520)

RamBo_Lamar
12-18-2011, 11:58 AM
Thank God our front office has wised up and got Rush out of here before he cast
them in a negative light again. :happydanc

There was always something about Rush's attitude that never quite sat right with me.

Admittedly I know nothing about Amundson, but so long as he is focused on his
basketball craft and not a knucklehead, it looks like it could be a GREAT trade to me.

Yet another step in the right direction... Nice Job Pacers! :thumbsup:

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 12:02 PM

There is a reason every team then backed out. As soon as we wanted to put Rush in the deal for May, the whole thing was off. Amundson is just what he is worth in the NBA to the other teams. We tried to trade him for ages as your trades above show. But all these fell through because BRush has almost no trade value anymore - and indeed that's all on him. I'm so glad this bum is out of town. Lazy not caring pothead, sorry but that's how I feel of him. He is gifted and made nothing of what could have been. Low caracter guy to say the least

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 12:03 PM
There is a reason every team then backed out. Amundson is just what he is worth in the NBA to the other teams. We tried to trade him for ages as your trades above show. But all these fell through because BRush has no trade vaue anymore - and indeed that's all on him. I'm so glad this bum is out of town. Lazy not caring pothead, sorry but that's how I feel of him. He is gifted and made nothing of what could have been. Low caracter guy to say the least

this is just not true anyone who knows him will attest to that. I hope we bring Bogans in to fill Rush's void he makes more sense than Redd IMO.

CreekShow
12-18-2011, 12:04 PM
I don't disagree with you about Brandon's irrelevance at times, but given that thought, it's interesting that he led the Pacers in minutes two seasons ago in 2009-10. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2010.html) Last season (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/IND/2011.html), he was fourth in minutes behind Granger, Collison and Hibbert (Dunleavy was fifth and McRoberts with sixth, which shows how different this year's team is going to be.)

Im sorry but those minutes dont really mean much considering JOB didnt know how to coach, and often times he had the completely wrong squad out there in certain situations in the game. I mean Jesus Christ look at the whole Psycho T debacle. Jim never gave him a chance really (I know he was dealing with issues) but still. After Vogel came in and started giving Tyler minutes, he really broke out into a real asset to this team.

As far as the trade goes, good pick up IMO. Ya he might not be the flashiest name but all we really needed was 3/4 string C anyways. We are slowly but surely forming into the team we have wanted to see for years. Sad as I am to see Brandon go, I think its a good thing for both teams. As many have stated there were times he just looked like he really didnt want to be here. Maybe a fresh start will be good for him.

Now if we can get a dead on shooter that can put in minutes above Dhantay then we will be good. After we find that piece, I say we are done for the season. Unless something happens before the trade deadline. I still say play a couple of games and wait until JR smith comes back from overseas and sign him to small 2 year deal or something

I dont know if the Pacers are interested him at all, but I def hopped on the JR Smith bandwagon (If there even is one, if not im starting one) as soon as the Bill Simmons write up was posted.

90'sNBARocked
12-18-2011, 12:07 PM
So another former lottery pick gets traded for

a back up journey man I see no better than Solomon Jones

We could have got more for Rush

Heisenberg
Some guy was mouthing off on Twitter about how he's glad Rush is gone, he only likes playing video games and going to Vegas.

Rush replied with a simple "I lived in Vegas." :laugh:

Freddie fan
[QUOTE=pacer4ever;1322883]as a person?? WTF he is paid to play basketball not be your buddy and tweet out positive things.

This trade is just stupid IMO. But I am glad Brandon is going somewhere where his defense can be appreciated. But not having him in the playoffs will really hurt. If Dantay is in the rotation this year I might lose it.[/QUOTE

But people who aren't much as a person tend not to improve, not to work hard, not to accomplish as much as they could. People are saying that Rush not developing as a person is part of him not developing on the court. You can certainly disagree with that thought, but it's not irrelevant in the way you are suggesting with your comment above.

It's like the issue that some of us have with him getting suspended for drug use. It's not that I have a moral issue with him smoking pot, but the fact that he failed three drug tests makes me believe that Brandon Rush is a screw up. I don't like to rely on screw ups because experiences tells me that screw ups will let you down and Brandon isn't a good enough player to put up with him being a screw up. The recent episode on Twitter just enforces this idea about him.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
So another former lottery pick gets traded for

a back up journey man I see no better than Solomon Jones

We could have got more for Rush

no . Rush is a good defender but thats it. he's lazy on offense and is a bad character overall. it blows my mind how ppl think we cold have gotten more for him. smh.

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 12:10 PM
this is just not true anyone who knows him will attest to that. I hope we bring Bogans in to fill Rush's void he makes more sense than Redd IMO.

Huuh, look at his twitter and say this again. I followed that bum since 2 years and it so often makes one to wanna puke the hell out. What a huge idiot!!!
Look at his face while he plays - Amundson is so much better in any attitude aspect I care for a basketball player for the pacers

Heisenberg
12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
After some of the legitimate bad character guys that we've had this character assassination of Rush just makes me laugh.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 12:12 PM
There is a reason every team then backed out. Amundson is just what he is worth in the NBA to the other teams. We tried to trade him for ages as your trades above show. But all these fell through because BRush has almost no trade value anymore - and indeed that's all on him. I'm so glad this bum is out of town. Lazy not caring pothead, sorry but that's how I feel of him. He is gifted and made nothing of what could have been. Low caracter guy to say the least

Your information is inaccurate...the trades fell through for whatever reasons, and there was some bickering back and forth between Indiana/Memphis/Charlotte for who's fault it was for why the trade didn't go through.

Frankly, I DON'T care about his smoking weed, because I know too many people who does it. However, I'll save that for another conversation. On paper, Brandon Rush was worth way more than a Lou Admonson. On paper, Rush brings a high 3PT%, above average rebounding for a SG, above average blocking for a SG, good defense, and is young. Lou should have been the minium offer. Again, I wasn't his biggest fan, but I didn't want to throw him away for peanuts.

Ozwalt72
12-18-2011, 12:13 PM
Sad we got rid of him, but understand why it was done.

I like Amundson though. Great as a 4th big. Wanted him on an FA contract when he signed with GS.

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Maybe true Ksutton,
but his value around the league is just almost none existent as we can see. Amundson fits a need, so I'm ok with this!

PacerPenguins
Your information is inaccurate...the trades fell through for whatever reasons, and there was some bickering back and forth between Indiana/Memphis/Charlotte for who's fault it was for why the trade didn't go through.

Frankly, I DON'T care about his smoking weed, because I know too many people who does it. However, I'll save that for another conversation. On paper, Brandon Rush was worth way more than a Lou Admonson. On paper, Rush brings a high 3PT%, above average rebounding for a SG, above average blocking for a SG, good defense, and is young. Lou should have been the minium offer. Again, I wasn't his biggest fan, but I didn't want to throw him away for peanuts.

ok yea he shots 40% from 3 but he shoots 42% overall.... dude is a bum and doesnt give a ****.... im tired of everyone sticking up for him when he clearly didnt care about the organization and how he did on the court. I am beyond baffled by how many ppl are sticking up for his lazy a$$ and i would rather have a high energenic guy in admudson than a pot smoking lazy guy in rush

Freddie fan
Im sorry but those minutes dont really mean much considering JOB didnt know how to coach, and often times he had the completely wrong squad out there in certain situations in the game. I mean Jesus Christ look at the whole Psycho T debacle. Jim never gave him a chance really (I know he was dealing with issues) but still. After Vogel came in and started giving Tyler minutes, he really broke out into a real asset to this team.

As far as the trade goes, good pick up IMO. Ya he might not be the flashiest name but all we really needed was 3/4 string C anyways. We are slowly but surely forming into the team we have wanted to see for years. Sad as I am to see Brandon go, I think its a good thing for both teams. As many have stated there were times he just looked like he really didnt want to be here. Maybe a fresh start will be good for him.

Now if we can get a dead on shooter that can put in minutes above Dhantay then we will be good. After we find that piece, I say we are done for the season. Unless something happens before the trade deadline. I still say play a couple of games and wait until JR smith comes back from overseas and sign him to small 2 year deal or something

I dont know if the Pacers are interested him at all, but I def hopped on the JR Smith bandwagon (If there even is one, if not im starting one) as soon as the Bill Simmons write up was posted.

What those minutes mean, I think, is that the Pacers team is changing a lot and in a good way.

ECKrueger
12-18-2011, 12:18 PM
I like both guys, and definitely would have rather shipped out DJ.

Good luck BRush.

xBulletproof
12-18-2011, 12:20 PM
If we could have gotten more, we would have at some point the last couple years. I wish people would stop saying it. Its not true.

ECKrueger
One fan's assessment. At least none of Rush's supporters on here are this bad :D

TaylordFocker88 Taylor Dixon III
"-____- wow the @Pacers really traded @IamThaKing25 for freakin Lou Amondson...wtf…trash *** Lou Amondson...**** him. Pony tailed ****
"

pacer4ever
After some of the legitimate bad character guys that we've had this character assassination of Rush just makes me laugh.

agreed

also has anyone on this board played basketball??? Brandon Lazy on offense?? He isnt lazy he is just a low usage player who doesn't have plays called for him. He will be a great fit in GS playing with all those high usage guys like Monta and Steph to play off of and the run and gun offense they will use. I really am not too upset with the trade because Rush was gone this year regardless thats just how the FO viewed him which I dont agree with. Who would you rather have a basketball player like Dantay who plays outside his limitations or a guy like Brandon who plays within his limitations?? to me the answer is obvious.

I feel like we are making a trade for the sake of it which isnt smart imo. Would of rather let him expire than get Lou back in return.

croz24
12-18-2011, 12:23 PM
^ So a few pickup games makes you an expert on offensive execution?

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 12:24 PM
ok yea he shots 40% from 3 but he shoots 42% overall.... dude is a bum and doesnt give a ****.... im tired of everyone sticking up for him when he clearly didnt care about the organization and how he did on the court. I am beyond baffled by how many ppl are sticking up for his lazy a$$ and i would rather have a high energenic guy in admudson than a pot smoking lazy guy in rush

Chill your *ss out. I'm NOT defending him. Talking STRICTLY basketball, he was MORE than ONLY Admudson. Especially considering we got a player who may see little minutes, whereas GSW got a player who can provide vaulable production.

I swear...people focus so much on "character" that they get blinded by reality.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 12:25 PM
agreed

also has anyone on this board played basketball??? Brandon Lazy on offense?? He isnt lazy he is just a low usage player who doesn't have plays called for him. He will be a great fit in GS playing with all those high usage guys like Monta and Steph to play off of and the run and gun offense they will use. I really am not too upset with the trade because Rush was gone this year regardless thats just how the FO viewed him which I dont agree with. Who would you rather have a basketball player like Dantay who plays outside his limitations or a guy like Brandon who plays within his limitations?? to me the answer is obvious.

I feel like we are making a trade for the sake of it which isnt smart imo. Would of rather let him expire than get Lou back in return.

larry knows what he is doing..... man you guys are pissing me off.... Rush doesn't give a **** about how he plays and about our organization. Dude is a flat out bum.... Larry did this move bc he knows Rush doesn't care and you can tell by Rush's attitude.... its ridiculous how he has all these supporters when he hasn't done one good thing for the pacers in the time he has been with us!

Day-V
12-18-2011, 12:26 PM

I feel like that since Larry Bird really hasn't made a bad move since January 30th, 2011, he should be given the benefit of the doubt right now.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Chill your *ss out. I'm NOT defending him. Talking STRICTLY basketball, he was MORE than ONLY Admudson. Especially considering we got a player who may see little minutes, whereas GSW got a player who can provide vaulable production.

r u ****ing kidding me..... valuable production? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 12:27 PM

Yep I'm just such a hater :-p

I guess that "having knee issues" is different than "getting in game shape" after all.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 12:28 PM

so tell me this big boy..... lets say a profession basketball player sexaully assaulted 3 girls in a nightclub..... would character matter then?

FrenchConnection

He may provide "valuable production" to GSW, but he sure as heck was not going to get enough burn to do anything here this year.

Heisenberg
We need a "jumped the shark" emoticon

Miller-Time
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Rush's agent Mark Bartelstein, "I appreciate Larry (Bird) and David Morway doing the trade so Brandon has an opportunity to play elsewhere."

He may even asked to be traded. He didn't want to play for this great team and didn't see what we all see in this young and upcoming team with it's potential. Man I'm so glad this guy is out. Now one can like this team even more.

I wonder how so many forgot how hesitant he was on offense when he never slashed or attacked. Ok, he shot some good threes (on days when he showed up and wasn't inconsistent, which wasn't a lot), but that's about it.
Seeing a guy like Amundson with hustle and energy will make me feel so much better than this stoned face without any emotions from this pothead.

Ozwalt72
12-18-2011, 12:30 PM
I guess that "having knee issues" is different than "getting in game shape" after all.

...wait, what's your point?

When it was announced West and Pendergraph wouldn't play, Wells specifically noted that West's was for another reason, while Pendergraph's was a knee thing

FrenchConnection
12-18-2011, 12:30 PM
Feels good that everyone is most upset about players who are at the end of the bench. That sure is a lot different than before in the Murphlevy/JOB era.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 12:32 PM

Woah. This is wildly wrong. West is the one getting in game shape. Jeff was injured. Don't try to combine the two. Jeff sprained his knee last week. Not ACL related. See Mike Wells.

Trophy
12-18-2011, 12:34 PM
I would rather have Brandon's "lazy ***" on offense than have Dahntay Jones pretending he's Kobe Bryant.

Suaveness
12-18-2011, 12:36 PM
Pacers fans timeline:

1. OMG we just drafted the greatest player EVER! He's going to put up 17ppg and we finally have a DG sidekick! Holla!

2. Hmm, he hasn't been doing great, what is going on? I know he's going to be the 2nd coming of Pippen.

3. This guys is absolutely worthless! I can't believe he can't score 17ppg and shoot over 50% from 3 on a regular basis! If he can't start here, what good is he? We gotta ship out his *** NOW, for whatever we can get.

4. WHAT?? That's all we got?? This is Player X we're talking about here!! We should have been able to get a 1st rd draft pick out of this, ridiculous.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 12:36 PM

If the casual fan didn't follow the Pacers or Rush's twitter closely, they would look at his stats and youtube videos, and say "Wow...Pacers got screwed on this deal.". Rush's only character "crime" was some twitter posts, and he smokes weed. Wooooooowwwwwww....compared to Jackson and Tinsely, Rush's an angel. Do you REALLY think a GM trying to improve the offense and defense is going to let some twitter posts and weed smoking habit stop him from acquiring an upgrade on their team? PLUS....when I consider JOB's HORRIBLE coaching, a LOT of players got screwed by JOB when it came to defining their role on the team.

so tell me this big boy..... lets say a profession basketball player sexaully assaulted 3 girls in a nightclub..... would character matter then?

Dumb question, because that player is going to prison. However, Micheal Vick seems to be doing alright for himself right now.

CreekShow
12-18-2011, 12:37 PM
Arent we still trying to bring in someone at SG for a small deal? If we sign someone then I think everyone who doesnt like this trade will be changing their minds

Sandman21
12-18-2011, 12:38 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Rush's agent Mark Bartelstein, "I appreciate Larry (Bird) and David Morway doing the trade so Brandon has an opportunity to play elsewhere."

He may even asked to be traded. He didn't want to play for this great team and didn't see what we all see in this young and upcoming team with it's potential. Man I'm so glad this guy is out.
Sounds like that was the case:

IamThaKing25 Brandon Rush
@SilentK317 I'm just happy to go somewhere I can play
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Psyren
12-18-2011, 12:38 PM
I really cant believe some of you are this mad over Brandon Rush :rolleyes:

beezer615
12-18-2011, 12:39 PM
We weren't looking for a starting caliber C. We need a 5th option at either PF/C. Amundson was extremely valuable to Phoenix, got misused in Golden State, and now can come in here for 5-8 minutes occasionally and is a safety valve for either position if someone goes down.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 12:40 PM
Pacers fans timeline:

1. OMG we just drafted the greatest player EVER! He's going to put up 17ppg and we finally have a DG sidekick! Holla!

2. Hmm, he hasn't been doing great, what is going on? I know he's going to be the 2nd coming of Pippen.

3. This guys is absolutely worthless! I can't believe he can't score 17ppg and shoot over 50% from 3 on a regular basis! If he can't start here, what good is he? We gotta ship out his *** NOW, for whatever we can get.

couldn't have said it better myself. Which is really sad. Wish him luck in GS I think he will be a good fit much better situation for him than the Pacers is.

CreekShow
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
agreed

also has anyone on this board played basketball???

Im sure most of us have played basketball, and understand the game of basketball. Get out of here with that :rolleyes:

Miller-Time
12-18-2011, 12:41 PM
If the casual fan didn't follow the Pacers or Rush's twitter closely, they would look at his stats and youtube videos, and say "Wow...Pacers got screwed on this deal.". Rush's only character "crime" was some twitter posts, and he smokes weed. Wooooooowwwwwww....compared to Jackson and Tinsely, Rush's an angel.

I couldn't care less about someone who was suspended from the NBA for violating drug rules.
Maybe your standarts aren't quite right.

Just because we had idiots on our team, this guy is waaaaaaaaay off from a professional. Good thing the Indiana Pacers finally got rid of him. If this just netted us Amundson, well Rush is to blame and noone else. We tried so hard the past years and had him in so many trade proposals and it just didn't happen.

diamonddave00
12-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I have no problem with the trade Pacer brass was tired of Rush's percieved lack of heart and Rush needed a change up zip codes. Talent wise the Pacers got the short end of the stick, but hustle will beat talent if talent doesn't hustle.

Amundson will fit well here in fans eyes with his all out effort style, with Foster's back we needed a body to do the dirty work when Jeff is unable to play. But if this is the only big guy move Bird is making Big Roy better make huge improvement and be able to play 30-38 minutes a night.

I've bashed B. Rush in the past for what I've always seen as a player wasting his talent; but I wish him well as a Warrior. Hopefully this is the wakeup call the Tinman needs to get a heart and play to his ability, he now knows his value currently is that of a journeyman , now he will get a chance to rebuild his value in a contract year.

docpaul
12-18-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm not seeing the need for the emotion.

Rush simply wanted to move on. Regardless of his potential/talent/whatever, you weren't going to see it playing on this team.

He told me this directly. I suspect you'll hear that from him once he gets over to Golden State.

This was purely an issue of attempting to get "some" value for him prior to saying goodbye to him next year. He didn't work out here. Period.

Amundsen fits the emerging new ethic. He's got a one year contract. Not sure where the emotions are coming from. Not but a few weeks ago, everyone was looking to see him shipped out?

Both of these players fill out a roster, they don't define it.

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 12:43 PM
Woah. This is wildly wrong. West is the one getting in game shape. Jeff was injured. Don't try to combine the two. Jeff sprained his knee last week. Not ACL related. See Mike Wells.

I'm not talking about West, I was talking about Pendergraph and his "knee issue" and the asnwers I got from some people here.

Here is the Mike Wells tweet, it's the same knee:

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Pendergraph 'tweaks' the same knee that sidelined him last season http://www.indystar.com/article/20111218/SPORTS04/112180358/Pendergraph-tweaks-knee-sidelined-him-all-last-season

Freddie fan
12-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I would rather have Brandon's "lazy ***" on offense than have Dahntay Jones pretending he's Kobe Bryant.

I'm trusting Vogel to take care of this:

"We don't take bad shots anymore." - Frank Vogel

PR07
12-18-2011, 12:45 PM
I'm neither thrilled nor angry about the trade.

Rush desperately needed a change of scenery. He was going to be buried in the rotation here, and it was clear that he had fallen out of favor with Pacers' management for whatever reason. Still, he will always hold some value to a team because he can shoot the three and defend pretty well. Available playing time aside, he would be a nice player to have on any team's bench.

I've not seen a lot of Admundson, but from I have, he seems to be a non-stop motor guy, who can rebound, and defend with relatively no offense. What you see right now is probably what you will always get, and that's not a bad thing (See: Foster, Jeff).

That being said, I guess my hope was that any Rush deal would give us a guy who maybe had some upside, but could use a change of scenery as well like Mareese Speights. However, there's no doubt that Admunson will fit right in with the rest of our no-nonsense always hustle bigs.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 12:46 PM

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I rather have kept Brandon Rush than have to rely on D. Jones for ANY offense. My stomach is doing flips at that thought right now. I'm going to trust that Bird has a SG ready to be signed/traded for, or that Stephenson is better than I'm expecting from a 2nd year player.

Derek2k3
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm happy that Rush gets a chance to go somewhere that he may fit better.

I don't think he was a really bad guy, but he sure didn't seem like the kind of guy that the staff wanted on this team. Of course, Lance still has a roster spot...anyway, I assume this will be done because of the concern that Pendegraph is going to struggle coming back, leaving us with only 2 PF and 2 C.

If everyone is healthy, You'll have West, Hans, Pend/Lou at the 4, and Hibbert/Foster at the 5. We're looking at about 10 minutes available for Lou, right? And there is almost no chance he ever sees time with Tyler or West, because at 6'9" 225, he would struggle at center.

He's a great guy to have come in for 10-15 minutes a game and **** off a Boozer/Joakim Noah with his hustle. And in exchange for that, we gave up a guy that hardly played.

Now, sign someone like Redd or something to a 1 year deal, and preserve cap space for Gordon in '13 :)

CreekShow
12-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm not talking about West, I was talking about Pendergraph and his "knee issue" and the asnwers I got from some people here.

Here is the Mike Wells tweet, it's the same knee:

In that same article it says they expect to have him back by opening night. Not necessarily a great sign when its comes to being injury prone, but I dont think missing a couple of preseason games is all that big of a deal

PacersHomer
12-18-2011, 12:53 PM
His tweets make it seem like he won't be going on the other side of the bay too often.

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 12:53 PM
I couldn't care less about someone who was suspended from the NBA for violating drug rules.

Just because we had idiots on our team, this guy is waaaaaaaaay off from a professional. Good thing the Indiana Pacers finally got rid of him. If this just netted us Amundson, well Rush is to blame and noone else. We tried so hard the past years and had him in so many trade proposals and it just didn't happen.

I'm REALLY trying to avoid the "You're a bad person, because you smoke weed." conversation, because I'm trying not to derail this conversation. I have my opinion about weed,and I have my opinion about people who drink, gamble, and have kids out of wedlock. Now...do we want to derail this thread by questioning my "standards" again?

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 12:54 PM
Regarding Rush I was always a Rush supporter, I didn't even know some people here liked him :laugh: just because the guy was not an amazing offensive player made him worth :censored: for many fans here, but again a lot of people here don't understand that there is two sides of the court, somebody has to play defense and Rush is one of the best defensive players in the league, too bad this team didn't know what they had in him.

I really hope he does well in GS and Mark uses him the right way, I would always remember the game where he shut Dwade down to 5 points and people here were still :censored: about him, good luck Rush.

pacer4ever
I couldn't care less about someone who was suspendet from the NBA for violating drug rules.

This!!
Indana people care to much about irrelevant things.

so you didnt want OJ Mayo then?? how about that Brad Miller guy??? He smokes weed I dont see anyone calling him unprofessional.

Im sure if he put up Orlando Woolridge numbers people would call him a saint. Woolridge had more talent than Rush. Just face it this is basketball if you perform on the court off the court matters dont mean anything. The problem is people expected to much of Rush he was just a shooter and defender in college. And everyone who expected Rush to get a lot better maybe should of understood the player we were getting his best college year was his freshman year he didnt get much better throughout college. Rush was a safe pick in that draft. To me he was like the Kawhi Leonard or Chris Singleton of this past draft great defenders who were very safe picks both should be great role players in the league but not much more.

half the NBA was on cocaine in the 80s even the stars weed is nothing comparatively. Klay Thomson got caught with weed and it didnt even affect his draft status same with Beasley and Mario Chalmers. Talent is what people judge not if they smoke weed or not.

Dr. Hibbert
Chalk me up for the disappointed tally, and I don't even really like Rush. Seems like a trade just to make a trade. Trades should inherently improve your roster...not sure this does at all.

pizza guy
12-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I have no problem with the trade Pacer brass was tired of Rush's percieved lack of heart and Rush needed a change up zip codes. Talent wise the Pacers got the short end of the stick, but hustle will beat talent if talent doesn't hustle.

Amundson will fit well here in fans eyes with his all out effort style, with Foster's back we needed a body to do the dirty work when Jeff is unable to play. But if this is the only big guy move Bird is making Big Roy better make huge improvement and be able to play 30-38 minutes a night.

I've bashed B. Rush in the past for what I've always seen as a player wasting his talent; but I wish him well as a Warrior. Hopefully this is the wakeup call the Tinman needs to get a heart and play to his ability, he now knows his value currently is that of a journeyman , now he will get a chance to rebuild his value in a contract year.

Exactly how I feel, and why I'm OK with this trade.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm trusting Vogel to take care of this:

"We don't take bad shots anymore." - Frank Vogel

They didnt get that memo in the 1st game that was some of the worst shot selection.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
so you didnt want OJ Mayo then?? how about that Brad Miller guy??? He smokes weed I dont see anyone calling him unprofessional.

Im sure if he put up Orlando Woolridge numbers people would call him a saint. Woolridge had more talent than Rush. Just face it this is basketball if you perform on the court off the court matters dont mean anything. The problem is people expected to much of Rush he was just a shooter and defender in college. And everyone who expected Rush to get a lot better maybe should of understood the player we were getting his best his best college year was his freshman year he didnt get much better throughout college. Rush was a safe pick in that draft. To me he was like the Kawhi Leonard or Chris Singleton of this past draft great defenders who were very safe picks both should be great role players in the league but not much more.

half the NBA was on cocaine in the 80s even the stars weed is nothing comparatively. Klay Thomson got caught with weed and it didnt even affect his draft status same with Beasley and Mario Chalmers. Talent is what people judge not if they smoke weed or not.

ok those guys have talent......rush does not now Rude

LG33
12-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Everyone always said Rush was the kind of role player you needed on a good team. Just as we are about to become a good team, we jettison the guy for a player who's offense is worse than Jeff Foster's?

Also, how does this effect our team's chemistry? It seemed like Brandon was well-liked by the members of our core, even if he wasn't part of it from a basketball perspective.

Trophy
12-18-2011, 12:59 PM
ok those guys have talent......rush does not now stfu

vnzla81
12-18-2011, 01:00 PM
In that same article it says they expect to have him back by opening night. Not necessarily a great sign when its comes to being injury prone, but I dont think missing a couple of preseason games is all that big of a deal

I agree but it makes you really think why they are trading for a guy just in case.

Trophy
12-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Pacers fans timeline:

4. WHAT?? That's all we got?? This is Player X we're talking about here!! We should have been able to get a 1st rd draft pick out of this, ridiculous.

My thoughts EXACTLY!

ksuttonjr76
12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
ok those guys have talent......rush does not now stfu

I see the big picture now...we'll overlook their "low character" actions if they're giving us all-star production. Wow...talk about double standards. So I guess you would let Jordan sexually assault 3 girls, since he was arguably the best player to ever play the game?

Ace E.Anderson
12-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Why are people complaining? We traded our 4th or 5th wing for a much needed 4th or 5th big. Lou is athletic and specializes in hustle, defense and energy, which is exactly what you want out of your 4th or 5th big. Rush obviously didn't have much trade value as we've been trying to trade him for nearly a yr it seems and haven't had any takers. Do we need another sg? Hell yea we do, but there are way better FA 2's left on the market than big guys. I'd take Amundson over any FA bigs left on the market.

PacerPenguins
12-18-2011, 01:06 PM
I see the big picture now...we'll overlook their "low character" actions if they're giving us all-star production. Wow...talk about double standards. So I guess you would let Jordan sexually assault 3 girls, since he was arguably the best player to ever play the game?

exactly ;)