PDA

View Full Version : What 5 Teams Should I Pick for NBA League Pass

Ransom
12-17-2011, 02:23 PM
So I'm trying the limited option for league pass, what teams should I pick?

Besides the Pacers, obviously,

While I suppose I'm interested in Gordon Hayward, (Maybe Eric Gordon too...) I don't have a lot of non superstar players I'm interested in following. So what should I pick?

Dr. Awesome
12-17-2011, 02:26 PM
I've always enjoyed watching young teams grow up together. With that, I would say the Thunder and Clippers should be exciting to watch.

How much is that package? I haven't heard of it.

oz_pacer
12-17-2011, 02:28 PM
Thunder bulls clippers memphis and pacers

Ransom
12-17-2011, 02:28 PM
I've always enjoyed watching young teams grow up together. With that, I would say the Thunder and Clippers should be exciting to watch.

How much is that package? I haven't heard of it.

Either 29.95 a month or one payment of 109.00

The Clippers and Thunder are high on my consideration list.

Deadshot
12-17-2011, 02:29 PM
If I were in your position, I would try and pick a couple of west coast teams for sure. When I close at work, I get home a little before 10 PM and its just in time to turn one of the late games on.

I don't mind watching the Lakers myself, but I can't imagine they would be as fun to watch this year. I would pick the Clippers, Thunder, or the TWolves for my west teams (the Wolves really intrigue me). As far as east teams, the Bulls, Heat, and Celtics will be on national TV all the time, so I would avoid those. Other than the Pacers, not a lot of east coast teams impress me all that much.

Strummer
12-17-2011, 02:31 PM
You don't have to pick all five teams at once. You can just pick the Pacers and then add teams during the season until you reach your 5 team limit.

Take teams that aren't on tv all the time. Take the Clippers instead of the Lakers. Take the Kings so you can see Jimmer.

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 02:32 PM
You need to take into consideration that almost every big team is going to be in national tv(Celtics,Miami,Lakers,Dallas,Chicago), if I choose to pay for league pass I would probably pick Memphis, Clippers, OKC, New York and Pacers.

shags
12-17-2011, 02:33 PM
I'd take a look at the national TV schedule if I were you. I wouldn't waste your time on teams you can see on TNT, ESPN, or ABC a lot.

imawhat
12-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Thunder bulls clippers memphis and pacers

That's probably who I'd pick.

Isaac
12-17-2011, 03:02 PM
I'm interested in watching the Cavs this year for Kyrie Irving, and they won't ever be on national TV. The Blazers could be fun this year too.

The Bulls and Heat play like every game on Nat TV, so no point in picking either of them.

PacerPenguins
12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
no pick the bobcats, bucks, twolves and kings

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 03:14 PM
By the way all the Pacers games are going to be on tv and if you live in Indiana LP blocks those games.

imawhat
12-17-2011, 03:39 PM
no pick the bobcats, bucks, twolves and kings

I'm very excited to watch the wolves and kings.

FlavaDave
12-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Pick two from the East and two from the West. Pick young teams in loaded divisions, because their opponents come free with the package.

Kegboy
12-17-2011, 03:43 PM
Memphis and OKC, definitely.

Winner
12-17-2011, 03:46 PM
Clippers, Cavaliers (kyrie irving), Hornets, Jazz, Pacers.

Kemo
12-17-2011, 04:23 PM
I don't know who you are interested in..
But if it were me , here is who I want to see..

Pacers-- obviously..

edited to add... Lakers .. simply to watch McBob

T-Wolves ... can't wait to watch Rubio, I'm gonna make a concerted effort to watch every game available..

Memphis ... Love watching Rudy

Sacramento .. For Fredette obviously ..

Clippers ... Gonna be a fun team to watch

spreedom
12-17-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm from Madison, so I will get the Bucks games (for better or worse). I would pick:

Mavs (my favorite team)
Pacers
Wolves (my hometown team, born in southern MN)
Magic (will be very intriguing, with or without D12)
Hawks (big Horford fan)

idioteque
12-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Indiana
Los Angeles Lakers (want to see if Kobe starts dogging it and what role J-Mac plays)
Los Angeles Clippers
Cleveland Cavaliers
Chicago Bulls

gummy
12-17-2011, 04:47 PM
For me, at first I tried to make sure not to pick teams that would be playing a lot of national games. Then I realized that last year even though I had access to all 30 teams, I watched all the Pacers games and really didn't have time for much else. So the four other teams I pick are just icing on the cake, and if I pick a team or two that only plays 20 or 30 games that I will get to see on LP, that is already way more than I have time to watch anyway.

So yeah, pay attention to the national schedule, but also weigh that against how much interest you have in the teams and how much time you have to spend watching.

Ransom
12-17-2011, 06:35 PM
By the way all the Pacers games are going to be on tv and if you live in Indiana LP blocks those games.

No problem there, I live in Arkansas. Which Puts me in CST.

I actually get plenty of Mavs and Thunder games on the local Fox Sports affiliates, so that might play into my choice.

notque
12-17-2011, 08:19 PM
I have to decide as well.

Pacers
Miami
Lakers
Dallas
OKC

sounds rights. And I make sure to split them so no two teams in the same division.

imbtyler
12-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Though the teams I've selected have mostly already been said, I'll say the 5 I'd pick:

Pacers (duh)
Clippers (double duh)
Timberwolves (Rubio + Wes Johnson + Derrick Williams + Mike Beaz + etc.)
Thunder (best case scenario: Pacers v. Thunder in Finals. I wouldn't even care if we lost)
Wizards (Wall's going to be really exciting, as per his lockout performance)

TinManJoshua
12-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Bucks
Bulls
Cavs
Pacers
Pistons

PacersHomer
12-17-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm not sure where you live, but another thing to consider is that on the East Coast a lot of Clippers/Lakers/Suns games are going to start at 10:30. I live in Indy, so I would go Jazz, Thunder, Magic, Clippers, and Nets.

pianoman
12-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Lakers. Why? To see them suffer!

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 11:45 PM
Lakers. Why? To see them suffer!

:laugh: with Kobe yelling at Troy Murphy to play D :laugh:

I Love P
12-17-2011, 11:56 PM
Warriors.

Really?
12-18-2011, 12:28 AM
Go for the exciting teams that are young and put up tons of points, those will be the least boring to watch.

Plus a lot of the big teams will be televised nationally anyways.

I see all the Pacers on FSN so I would not add them, but Clippers, Warriors, Kings, I personally am interested in seeing what the T'Wolves do and what plays Rubio will make, Washington should be interesting too, they have young explosive players. I would say Denver but they are all in China.

Teams that play slow, low scoring styles of basketball are boring for me to watch.

Things to look forward to, Rubio to Derrick Williams, Cp3 to Jordan and Griffin, John Wall, Wall to Blache and Javele, Jimmer busting heads, I think he has 20 tonight already, Udoh should be explosive this year.

I could go on but yup, just a few thoughts.

PacersHomer
12-18-2011, 12:33 AM
The Timberwolves with Barea, Rubio, Derrick Williams, Anthony Randolph, Love, and Beasley would be a good choice as well. They may not be too great but they should be fun.

MillerTime
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Its weird how you can only pick 5 teams. In Toronto, Rogers offers something called a Super Sports Package which NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday ticket, the NHL and MLB equivelants all for only $30/month.

And this includes all games (every team)

MillerTime
12-18-2011, 12:54 AM
Its weird how you can only pick 5 teams. In Toronto, Rogers offers something called a Super Sports Package which NBA League Pass, NFL Sunday ticket, the NHL and MLB equivelants all for only $30/month.

And this includes all games (every team)

trs72
12-18-2011, 04:23 AM
So I'm trying the limited option for league pass, what teams should I pick?

Besides the Pacers, obviously,

While I suppose I'm interested in Gordon Hayward, (Maybe Eric Gordon too...) I don't have a lot of non superstar players I'm interested in following. So what should I pick?

This is what I am doing this year to save a little money. I have been trying to decide what other teams to pick besides the Pacers. I will go with Utah for sure because of Gordon Hayward, then GS because of Curry and Mark Jackson, and the Celts. Thinking Clippers because of Griffin/ Paul combo and maybe the Timberwolves because of Kevin Love and I think they will probably be better than some expect, but OKC might take their place. I also migh just go with Dallas as my 5th because i like Carlisle and wish he was still are coach.

Psyren
12-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I'd definitely get Minnesota.

Who knows if they'll be good or not, but I can tell you they'll be very very fun to watch.

Hicks
12-18-2011, 03:23 PM
I have to decide as well.

Pacers
Miami
Lakers
Dallas
OKC

sounds rights. And I make sure to split them so no two teams in the same division.

Unless you just have to watch every game of theirs, I don't see why you would pick those four. They're all on National TV a ton of times.

pwee31
12-18-2011, 08:39 PM
I would pick the Pacers if you're not in Indiana, and then I would pick some young small market teams that have some up and coming talent. I say at because most of the big teams will be televised anyways

naptownmenace
12-19-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm thinking of buying this package too. These are the teams I think I'm gonna go with:

Pacers
Grizzlies
Warriors
Clippers
Heat (yeah I know... but I like Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Sue me)

Sookie
12-19-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm thinking of buying this package too. These are the teams I think I'm gonna go with:

Pacers
Grizzlies
Warriors
Clippers
Heat (yeah I know... but I like Lebron, Wade and Bosh. Sue me)

Don't pick the Heat. They are on tv so much (and that gets blacked out, even NBA TV gets blacked out) you don't get your money's worth.

naptownmenace
12-20-2011, 11:03 AM
Don't pick the Heat. They are on tv so much (and that gets blacked out, even NBA TV gets blacked out) you don't get your money's worth.

Good point. I didn't realize how often they're on. I'm undecided on the 5th team I should pick now.

Ownagedood
12-20-2011, 11:08 AM
Im late to the party but if it was me i would pick:

Pacers
Thunder
Clippers
Mavs
Grizz... Unless Lakers get Howard, then LA.

Trader Joe
12-20-2011, 11:09 AM
Assuming you live in Indiana, I would go.

Clippers
Thunder
Hornets
76ers (Turner, Williams, Iggy, could be fun, pick up the Knicks and Celtics in their division also)
Grizzlies

BKK
12-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Pacers
Grizz
Jazz
76ers
Clips

naptownmenace
12-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I just checked the NBA national TV schedules and the Clippers are actually on tv 23 times! The Mavs and Heat are on 26 times each IIRC.

I think I'll still go ahead and pick the Heat. I'd rather watch them than any team other than the Pacers and Clippers. Even watching the Heat lose is entertaining.