PDA

View Full Version : Forum Roll Call - Opening Day: Everyone Contribute!

BillS
11-02-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm not the one who usually starts these, but I end up missing them. I haven't seen one yet, and figured to put it up early so folks have lots of time to respond before openers tomorrow night. Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes.

For the folks who haven't seen it yet, post your forum name and where you're from. A little info about yourself is fun, too, especially if you're new or usually a lurker.

I'll try to pop in and do a summary a couple of times a day

BillS, from Atlanta - originally from various places around southern and central Indiana.

Suaveness
11-02-2004, 10:25 AM
Actually I think there is one...

BillS
11-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Hmm. I searched the threads for the last month for anything with the word "Roll" in it, subject or entry and nothing was found.

Oh, well. If someone will post a pointer to the other thread we can let this one die. Sorry for the duplication.

BillS
11-02-2004, 10:49 AM
I just walked manually through the threads back to camp opening and didn't see one, so I think we need a new one to mark this auspicious occasion.

Besides, it's fun.

sweabs
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
rcarey - from London, Ontario. 2nd year student at University of Western Ontario (UWO).

Shade
11-02-2004, 11:05 AM
:wave:

I'll probably miss most of the first two nights. I've got class until 8:30 today and tomorrow. :cry:

LouisvilleLip
11-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Lip - London, Ontario, Grade12

Harddrive7
11-02-2004, 11:11 AM
HD7, Indianapolis, In. I usually post from work and don't really offer much in the way of value to this forum.

ChicagoJ
11-02-2004, 11:14 AM
Jay

From Greenwood, presently exiled to Chicago.

Even though I live in Chicago, I've still got half-season tickets, obviously in Section204.

I'm the self-proclaimed, "Chuck Person's Biggest Fan."

debohstheman
11-02-2004, 11:25 AM
damian
from washington DC area.....

23 and an eternal optimist

Mushmouth
11-02-2004, 11:30 AM
Stumbled across this forum in the offseason, glad I did, never can have too much Pacers in my life. Live in Chicago, originally from Indy.

ABADays
11-02-2004, 11:32 AM
Indianapolis . . . one of the old timers on the board.

Gyron
11-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Charlotte, NC

Moved here for work. I am a Marketing Manager for a Consumer plastics products company.

Glad to have the NBA back in Charlotte so I can at least see the Pacers play once a year live.

I usually post from work, so I am rarely on during the evening or night.

:)

waxman
11-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Born in Indiana.... lived there 21 years,,, now live in Phoenix. Didn't post much during the offseason...but will pick it up as the season progresses.

Doug
11-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Doug, St. Somewhere

RoboDoug
11-02-2004, 12:00 PM
RoboDoug, Doug's Laptop

Unclebuck
11-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I hardly ever post in these roll call threads. Never quite sure what to say.

I do want to say this though, the two most exciting times of the whole year: start of the NBA regular eason and start of the NBA playoffs. The two bet times of the year. Better than Christmas or the 4th of July.

I live in Indy, NE side, just turned 35 years old last wek.

ROCislandWarrior
11-02-2004, 12:44 PM
ROCIslandWarrior

Milwaukee, WI

I took the summer off, but kept up with the news.

I am a full time student, work 25 hours a week, like to party, coach a basketball team and I just bought a pretty new mustang which I will be devoting alot of my time to. I will post when I can but I assure you as the Playoffs get closer, you will be seeing more of me.

This will be my second year with PD!

Hicks
11-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Born in Seymour, Indiana, raised in New Castle from 2 on, now I commute from NC to Ball State University, where I'm a 3rd year student, starting my major in Elem. Education.

Roy Munson
11-02-2004, 12:47 PM
Still at the bowling alley working on my game.

BayouPacer
11-02-2004, 12:50 PM
BayouPacer - 22 graduate student at the University of New Orleans, graduating Dec 17 2004.

still here, still lurking multidaily

Go Pacers

RWB
11-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Red White Blue (RWB) stuck somewhere between Terre Haute and Clinton, Indiana. In other words if there is a Bigfoot I'll probably see it some day on my deck as the lord knows every critter known to man seems to show up there at some point. Started liking the Pacers when mom got me a Red White and Blue basketball for Christmas in 69 or 70?

Mr. Pink
11-02-2004, 02:02 PM
Sactolover05 - Scottsburg, IN here.

18 - Senior at the highschool. Looking to go to Western Kentucky University for a Communications Degree and Radio Broadcasting. Part of the Highschool Basketball team. Preseason ranking this year - 20th in the state. That doesn't matter though...only the damage in the tourney matters. ;)

I used to post here a lot back in the day but I have taken back and just read what everyone says. I was one first people to be on this board when Hicks started it up. I love this sight to death. You guys that run this place deserve more recognition that you get.

Natston
11-02-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm 21, and I am attending Vincennes University (still). I'm from Commiskey, Indiana, (for the two or three people who know where that is) but my short answer is "near Seymour".

Ultimate Frisbee
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
23, graduate student in Chemistry at Caltech.

I've lived all over the Midwest but consider my home to be Indy (that is where my parents live and where I grew up for most of my life).

Ragnar
11-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Ragnar 32 (33 in Dec) live in Fort Wayne, IN right now. hope to get back to Florida soon. Most people think I am Tinsley's agent but thats not true, I would have gotten him more than 40 mil on his new contract.:laugh:

3Ball
11-02-2004, 02:44 PM
Spent 6 years in graduate school at IU. Now I've just moved to Northfield, Minnesota, and I'm trying not to let on just how much I have the Vikings.

But I sure would enjoy a TWolves/Pacers finals!

flying dutchman
11-02-2004, 03:17 PM
Flying dutchman.
Coming from Holland, now living in Denmark.
Used to fly a lot, now settled with wife and two kids.
BUT still a Pacers fan!!:angel:

fwpacerfan
11-02-2004, 03:24 PM
FWPacerfan

I live in Fort Wayne, in sales and I'm 34. I grew up in Anderson and have been a Pacer fan as long as I can remember.

Kstat
11-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Kstat

22, college student, future sportswriter.

Proud Detroit resident and Pistons fan.

Gonna be sweet to repeat

Dukins
11-02-2004, 03:59 PM
30 yr old male, Indianapolis, IN Go pacers/colts been a pacerfan for as long as i can remember also.:angel:

bread
11-02-2004, 04:01 PM
Formerly Pacerboy31. Decided to change my handle just because it seemed like time for a change. I've been a member since the IS forum days and have followed this PD group since it's inception. I don't contribute much here but I lurk a lot and love to read up on all of the latest info. Great site!

Originally from Ellettsville, IN and now living in South Florida. I'm a life-long Pacer fan from the ABA days and my dream is to see the Pacers win a NBA championship before I'm too old to remember what a basketball is. :old:

Dab
11-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Dabney Prood ( I swear to Zoroaster that's my real name)

Born: Phillipsburg NJ -> Richmond VA (age 2) -> Fairmount IN (age 4) -> Greentown IN (age 9) -> Kokomo IN (age 14) -> W Lafayette IN (age 18) -> Kokomo (age 20) - > Bloomington IN (age 22, 1984) ...

Attended 1st Pacers game in 1972, which is longer ago than I can remember. I do remember Darnell Hillman's hair.

dipperdunk
11-02-2004, 04:55 PM
:wave: Joe, 29, grew up in Philly currently live in South Jersey.

indytoad
11-02-2004, 05:10 PM
20, living on the far East side of Indy...any more specifics and I might find myself in a bit of trouble after a bad loss... Student at IUPUI (hey, it's a real college, technically), majoring in Multimedia Something Something... I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but it sounds really impressive, trust me.

IndyToad
Baby pictures all over your irreverent humor site

sweabs
11-02-2004, 05:15 PM
20, living on the far East side of Indy...any more specifics and I might find myself in a bit of trouble after a bad loss... Student at IUPUI (hey, it's a real college, technically), majoring in Multimedia Something Something... I'm not sure what it's called exactly, but it sounds really impressive, trust me.

IndyToad
Baby pictures all over your irreverent humor site

That got me laughing :laugh:

Glad to see you're back on the boards after the long offseason...it just wouldn't be the same without your optimistic posts...:p

obnoxiousmodesty
11-02-2004, 05:16 PM
Neal, 23

Originally from Connersville, Indiana; currently living in Lafayette, Indiana, as I continue my apparent life-long goal of accomplishing nothing as fast as possible. I'm a Hoosiers, Colts, and Pacers fan. My roomate and best buddy Kat, who some of you have met, is also a member at PD although she doesn't post often.

NewType
11-02-2004, 05:24 PM
25, originally from Hong Kong; graduated from IU in 2000; currently stuck in Michigan...

kerosene
11-02-2004, 05:57 PM
kerosene. california. workstation ninja; possessing deadly skills in the secret art of breaking drivers.

Pig Nash
11-02-2004, 05:58 PM
16 from east side of Indy. Pacer fan for life (however short it has been) and like ROCIslandWarrior, it will be my second full season on PD. I did not get ROY. I will be making a push for MIP.

NamShub
11-02-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm 21, and I am attending Vincennes University (still). I'm from Commiskey, Indiana, (for the two or three people who know where that is) but my short answer is "near Seymour".

Not as near as it is to North Vernon :laugh:

24, 3rd year grad student at Ohio State.

TheSauceMaster
11-02-2004, 06:44 PM
Well I really don't know what to say , but here it goes and I hope I don't bore anyone to death :p

I am 36 , Was Born in Fairbanks , Alaska but I have lived in Indiana most of my life , Currently living in Kokomo ;) I have been a big NBA and Pacers fan since I was 5 years old , I have a whole large room dedicated to alot of the memories of the Pacers and some of the Great's who have played in the NBA in the Past 30 years.

I have two degrees from IU , 1 in Bussiness and the other 1 in Network Engineering , Severed several years in the Military also was in Desert Storm , Worked for Several IT Companies , got laid off from one and decided to make my own venture , got out just before the big .com boom crashed and made a good healthy chunk of change , good enough I haven't had to work since I was 30 :) Enough of the Boring Stuff :laugh:

My User name , well all your pervs get your minds out of the gutter :laugh: I love to cook and I do it very well , have even considered going too a cooking school . I have 3 wonderful kids ..all girls and aged from 16,14,5 ..I think god hated me :p I have a wonderful wife but she hates sports with a passion :cry: outside of that we have been married for 11 yrs and dated 4 years before that.

I just hope someday I will see the Pacers win it all just once before I pass on out of this life , anyways enough of my boring life :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:gopacers:

Big Smooth
11-02-2004, 06:55 PM
Steve aka Big Smooth
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Hoop
11-02-2004, 07:05 PM
Hoop from Greenwood, IN

Back for my 18th year as a season ticket holder.

pollardfreek
11-02-2004, 07:11 PM
pollardfreek

Currently living in Modesto, CA. Junior at Grace Davis High School. Probably the world's biggest Pollard fan.

Oh, and I'm a :warriors: fan. :blush:

Will Galen
11-02-2004, 08:59 PM
Born in Logansport, Indiana, raised in Anderson Indiana, now live in Venice Florida. Age 61. A Pacer fan all THEIR life.

MagicRat
11-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Father of: 2 and 38/40ths
Vertical: 43"
40 speed: 4.4 secs.
Bench: 350 lbs.
3 pt. %: 43%
Typing speed: 100 wpm
Mini-Marathon time: 1:15

BostonConnection
11-03-2004, 01:48 AM
BC here in Boston, originally from Terre Haute (with various stops along the way in Bloomington, Indy, and Cleveland).

I still miss my old IS buddy Twes...:(

geetee
11-03-2004, 04:44 AM
Graduate of Center Grove 20 or so years ago. Currently living in Corvallis, Oregon. Followed the Pacers since the ABA days.

Mountain biking is my favorite thrill.

Will Galen
11-03-2004, 06:31 AM

I'm not going to try and figure how far along your wife is, but it appears your about to become a father again. Am I right? Or does that mean something else?

DANCINGHARRY
11-03-2004, 08:18 AM
DANCING HARRY HERE, grew up in Crawfordsville Indiana. Have seee nthe Pacers play in both the NBA and ABA finals. Currently living in Hudson Florida. Where I am proud to say last night voted for WWWWWWWWWWWW.

Burt_Reincarnated
11-03-2004, 08:30 AM
here in indiana, kinda close to indy...

I like basketball, music and long walks on the beach.

MagicRat
11-03-2004, 08:59 AM

I'm not going to try and figure how far along your wife is, but it appears your about to become a father again. Am I right? Or does that mean something else?

You're right. Exactly 2 weeks from today. (40 weeks is a normal full term, although I keep hearing that the baby could come at any time).

Natston
11-03-2004, 09:24 AM

Not as near as it is to North Vernon :laugh:

24, 3rd year grad student at Ohio State.

I'm technically leave closer to Seymour becuase I live in the 'burbs on the far westside of Commiskey. North Vernon is dead to me... :tongue:

Doug in CO
11-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I am 36, grew up and spent 26 years in Carmel.

Now live in Connecticut with my wife, daughter, and brainwashed son who will be traveling with me to Boston Friday. Thiss time, he will know Reggie isn't shooting because he is injured, not because he has lost his will (game 6, ECF).

I am convinced that there is a Bill Hudnut curse - that to see a Pacers or Colts championship would be so overwhelming my heart would explode.

rabid
11-03-2004, 10:02 AM
30 years old. Born in Louisville, but I've lived in Indiana pretty much all my life. Went to H.S. in Greenwood, have lived in Bloomington since 1992. Currently in graduate school at the IU School of Informatics, pursuing a master's in Human-Computer Interaction Design. Pacers fan since 1990 or so.

owl
11-03-2004, 10:07 AM
owl---Northeast Indianapolis. Mariah Hill originally.
Florida for a few years. Looking forward to the season
and seeing the fresh faces due to injuries.
46 and counting. Two kids whom I love very much
and a wife too.

Trace
11-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Okay, might as well crawl out of the woodwork for a moment...

Displaced Hoosier living in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. I'm 37 with a great wife and 2 young boys.

Long time lurker and infrequent poster on IndyStar - not as old school as some of you, but let's just say I remember the summer a kid named Hicks007 showed up and started posting like 20 times a day :laugh:. And, I also remember when Uncle Buck changed his handle to "Uncle Buck"....can't recall what it was before...something about Pacers fan...maybe that should be a trivia question?

I once asked my grandpa why he didn't talk much and he said he learned more by listening. That pretty much explains why I don't post much - I'm humbled by the knowledge of many of the posters here.

Go Pacers!

MarionDeputy
11-03-2004, 11:45 AM
30 Years old, married with a son, I live on the far westside,(almost the eastside of Hendricks county). Was born in Detroit, I have lived in about 8 different states, but have been in Indianapolis since the 10th grade. I have no plans to move on.....been lurking mostly through the off-season, but now that were getting back going I should be around more often.

arkman40
11-03-2004, 01:30 PM
arkman40 checking in. Been down here in the Atlanta area for almost a year now. NBA League pass is hooked up and ready to go (best invention ever).

PACERS ALL THE WAY!!!

BillS
11-03-2004, 07:32 PM
Sorry I didn't get intermediate lists done, here it is so far...

A little bit of a change in format - if someone gave a real name or preferred shorter version of their forum name, I put that in the roll call with their forum name in parentheses.

And now, the list:

BillS..................................Atlanta
Btown (btowncolt)................Indianapolis
rcarey................................London, Ontario
Shade
Lip (LouisvilleLip)................London, Ontario
HD7 (Harddrive7)................Indianapolis
Jay (Jay@Section204)..........Chicago
damian (debohs the man)...Washington DC
Mushmouth........................Chicago
ABADays.............................Indianapolis
recap.................................Indianapolis
Gyron................................Charlotte
waxman.............................Phoenix
Doug.................................St. Somewhere where? :D
RoboDoug..........................Doug's Laptop (he said it, not me)
Unclebuck..........................Indianapolis
ROCIslandWarrior...............Milwaukee
Hicks.................................New Castle
Roy Munson
BayouPacer........................New Orleans
vapacersfan........................Reston VA
Red White Blue (RWB).........Terre Haute sort of :D
Sactolover05.......................Scottsburg
naturallystoned...................Vincennes
ILovethePacers...................Pasadena CA
Ragnar..............................Ft Wayne
Da Hou-hou.......................Northfield MN
Flying Dutchman.................Denmark
fwpacerfan.........................Ft Wayne
Kstat.................................Detroit
Dukins..............................Indianapolis
Bread...............................S Florida
Dabney Prood....................Bloomington
Joe (dipperdunk)...............S Jersey
indytoad...........................Indianapolis
Neal (obnoxiousmodesty)...Lafayette
MIPacers..........................Michigan
kerosene.........................California
Pig Nash..........................Indianapolis
NamShub........................Columbus OH
TheSauceMaster...............Kokomo
Steve (Big Smooth)..........Ft Wayne
Hoop..............................Greenwood
pollardfreek....................Modesto CA
Will Galen.......................Venice FL
MagicRat........................Indianapolis
BostonConnection...........Boston
geetee..........................Corvallis OR
DANCINGHARRY..............Hudson FL
Burt_Reincarnated..........Indianapolis sort of :D
Doug in CT....................Connecticut
rabidpacersfan...............Bloomington
owl................................Indianapolis
Trace............................Cedar Rapids IA
MarionDeputy.................Indianapolis
arkman40.....................Atlanta

Lnjcarp
11-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Josh, Indianapolis Lawrence North Class of 2007

Lord Helmet
11-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Brandon from Richmond,IN. Go Colts and Pacers!!

Johnny
11-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Johnny, also in Richmond, IN.

IU East grad, age 29, Cost Accountant by day, Married with two beautiful daughters:cool:

Dr Huxtable
11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
DrHuxtableMD

Newburgh, Indiana (southwestern Indiana, about 15 minutes away from Evansville.)

Sophmore in high school.

GO!!!!!
11-03-2004, 09:54 PM
K1W1 checkin in

representin the dark side of the world

My Ten Year Anniversary is due soon, Wonder what I'll buy myself...

Australia... is REPRESENTED...

GO!!!!! From Tasmania, Australia

cramerica
11-03-2004, 11:41 PM
cramerica in Tucson, AZ. From Plainfield.

Jose Slaughter
11-03-2004, 11:58 PM
Sorry I'm late.

Ya have room for one more?

I've lived in Indy all my life, wait......, is that even possible?

I do the pizza party thing, check the thread at the top of the forum page.

Been playing fantasy hoops with some of my friends on here for about 5 years now. I might actually have a good team this season, til I make a bone head trade.

What else......

Oh yea, now I remember.

I briefly dated Sandra Bullock & man was I mad when the alarm clock went off.

Sherlock
11-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Sherlock, 28 years old, from Taiwan. Being a Pacer's fan since Larry Bird took the coach job.

Planning to go to US to study Ph.D. of Physics.

Hope to catch one game at Conceco Field House.

Suaveness
11-04-2004, 12:29 AM
College in Chicago, from Indy...want to do medicine...nothing else exciting

skyfire
11-04-2004, 12:36 AM
23yr old Software Engineer grad, living in Melbourne, Australia.

Joined the forums before last season, somewhat intermitent poster, but commonly stirring things in the politics forum.

Ragnar
11-04-2004, 12:47 AM
Sherlock, 28 years old, from Taiwan. Being a Pacer's fan since Larry Bird took the coach job.

Planning to go to US to study Ph.D. of Physics.

Hope to catch one game at Conceco Field House.

Some advice. If you are stopped by a police officer for speeding. When he asks you if you know how fast you were going, telling him no but you know where you are and then laughing will get you a ticket.

BillS
11-04-2004, 10:17 AM
The updated roll:

Shade
Roy Munson
Johnny..........................Richmond
Dr Huxtable...................Newburgh
K1W1 (GO!!!!!)...............Tasmania Australia
Josh (Lnjcarp).................Indianapolis
Brandon (pacerfan2425)..Richmond
Jose Slaughter................Indianapolis
Sherlock.........................Taiwan
Suaveness......................Chicago
skyfire............................Melbourne Australia

McKeyFan
11-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Sorry, Bill. I checked this thread early when ya'll were deciding whether it had been done yet.

McKeyFan
Chattanooga, Tennessee

BigDawg44
11-04-2004, 12:27 PM
BigDawg44

St. Simons Island, GA

Senior in Highschool

Member of Varsity Basketball team

Until this year, I was the lone pacer, colt, and hoosier fan in my school and caught A LOT of crap for it. But now my latin teacher is from Indiana and we talk sports, so that's cool.

Southside_Pacer
11-04-2004, 01:53 PM
Let's see. I'm a 19 year old male, who lives on the southside of Indianapolis.

Grauated from Southport High School, and I now go to IUPUI. Musician in my spare time.

BillS
11-06-2004, 05:44 PM
The latest roll:

Shade
Roy Munson
McKeyFan........................Chattanooga
BigDawg44.......................St Simons Island GA
Southside_Pacer................Indianapolis

SjA3837
11-07-2004, 01:21 AM
SjA3837
Indianapolis
Been a lurker since back to the Indystar time

Alabama-Redneck
11-07-2004, 09:17 AM
Alabama-Redneck

Probably the oldest member (age wise 63yrs and counting). I spent my first 42 years in Indy. Graduated from Ben Davis HS and Purdue.

Business took me to Oklahoma in 1983. I retired in 1996 and moved to Lake Guntersville, Alabama.

I have 3 children and 5 grandchildren and 1 wonderful wife.

For the fishermen on the forum, I live on the hottest bass lake in the south and maybe in the US.

I really believe this is the year for a championship for the Pacers.

:cool:

Pacerized
11-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Pacerized: 38 years old
Grew up in southern Indiana "Washington county"
Living with my family in Dillon, Colorado at 9200 ft.

jfisher
11-08-2004, 09:08 AM
jfisher still here in Boston (from Elkhart/Purdue grad). I read what (some of you) have to say everyday, but lately too distracted to post. I lost my job Sept 27th (Black Monday) because of gross incompetence.....hee hee....I was downsized, but that's too boring to say.....anyway, for a month I've been obsessed with finding a new job, and I start this week maintaining the 2-grand-a-month apartments a few hundred feet from Fenway Park, so let me know if you need a parking sticker......thank god for the League Pass! John

Slick Pinkham
11-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Born in Seymour, Indiana.

I was also born in Seymour!

"I was born in a small town..."

Grew up in neighboring rural Jennings County on a farm, lived in Northborough Massachusetts (hometown of Mark "The Bird" Fidrych) since 1996.

BillS
11-08-2004, 12:17 PM
The roll continues to grow:

Shade
Roy Munson
McKeyFan........................Chattanooga
BigDawg44.......................St Simons Island GA
Southside_Pacer................Indianapolis
SjA3837............................Indianapolis
Alabama-Redneck.............Lake Guntersville AL
Pacerized.........................Dillon CO
jfisher..............................Boston
pacertom..........................Northborough Ma

tseramid
11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Tseramid here from Carmel. Just trying to scrap and claw to make a living in this world of our. I was downsized twice in a 6 month span last year and then was unable to find a new job for a long time. Due to that, I switched careers to become a Realtor and am having far more fun, but making incredibly less money. I have a 3 year old, who always says, "GO PACERS!" and another one on the way.