PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Stuckey Resigns with Detroit; 3/$25M

Lance George
12-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Rodney Stuckey is now off the market:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Rodney Stuckey has agreed to a 3 year, $25 deal to stay with Pistons, league source confirms to Y!

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
For Stuckey, that's a 3 year, $25 million deal.

idioteque
12-17-2011, 11:41 AM
What was the per on the 40 million dollar deal he turned down?

Kstat
12-17-2011, 11:44 AM
I really like this deal. Rodney gets paid, and we're not saddled with a long-term commitment.

Hicks
12-17-2011, 11:46 AM
How did he go from balking at 10 per year for four years to signing for a little more than 8 per year for three years??

idioteque
12-17-2011, 11:47 AM
How did he go from balking at 10 per year for four years to signing for a little more than 8 per year for three years??

That's what I thought, too. His agent must have talked him back down to reality.

Kstat
12-17-2011, 11:49 AM

Probably the reality that the pistons were the only ones even bidding for his services....

Can't wait to see him on the floor together Knight and Daye.

wintermute
12-17-2011, 12:21 PM
....together Knight and Daye.

I presume the pun was intentional? :laugh:

So, what do the Pistons plan to do with Ben Gordon? You know, the Pacers are in the market for a 2-guard who can create his own shot, and Bird is known to be a fan of Little Ben. His remaining contract though, is just ... ouch.

Shade
12-17-2011, 12:27 PM
Probably the reality that the pistons were the only ones even bidding for his services....

Can't wait to see him on the floor together Knight and Daye.

Then why not just go back and accept the original offer?

12-17-2011, 12:34 PM
That is a large deal. It makes me realize how shrewd of a deal Danny Granger received just a few years ago when the market was dictating a much higher price. I had hoped the Pacers may sign Rodney Stuckey, but I understand why he was not an option. Stuckey should be in the six to six and one half million range.

Kstat
12-17-2011, 12:55 PM
Then why not just go back and accept the original offer?

They probably pulled it.

Kstat
12-17-2011, 12:57 PM
That is a large deal. It makes me realize how shrewd of a deal Danny Granger received just a few years ago when the market was dictating a much higher price. I had hoped the Pacers may sign Rodney Stuckey, but I understand why he was not an option. Stuckey should be in the six to six and one half million range.

I thought $7 mil was fair, but that's splitting hairs.

I'm never going to panic over a 3-year deal. It's like complaining that David West got overpaid at $10 mil a year. Who cares? By the time you come to the conclusion you aren't getting your money's worth, the contract is almost up.

If it were 5 years and $40 mil? yeah, I'd be upset. But this is small potatoes.

Kstat
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
I presume the pun was intentional? :laugh:

So, what do the Pistons plan to do with Ben Gordon? You know, the Pacers are in the market for a 2-guard who can create his own shot, and Bird is known to be a fan of Little Ben. His remaining contract though, is just ... ouch.

The plan is to start Knight and Stuckey, with Gordon as the 3rd guard.

I'm sure if a team shot us a good offer for him ,we'd jump all over it, but he's too good to be dumped for nothing.

ilive4sports
12-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Bet he feels stupid now

Kstat
12-17-2011, 01:00 PM
Bet he feels stupid now

I admire his confidence, but that offer was probably pulled off the table when they brought Tayshaun back.

His agent really should have been smarter about this.

12-17-2011, 01:01 PM
I thought $7 mil was fair, but that's splitting hairs.

I'm never going to panic over a 3-year deal. It's like complaining that David West got overpaid at $10 mil a year. Who cares? By the time you come to the conclusion you aren't getting your money's worth, the contract is almost up.

If it were 5 years and $40 mil? yeah, I'd be upset. But this is small potatoes.

Yeah, the length makes a difference.

Ramitt
12-17-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.pocketberry.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/twss-app.jpg