PDA

View Full Version : i would like to see Danny Granger drive more ...

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-17-2011, 10:12 AM
Last night Danny didn't have a free throw and that bothers me seriously. I would like to see Danny maybe drive to the basket more when his shooting is not on. I personally dont think Danny is a pure shooter anyways. I say drive more Danny.. when george paul had what 10 free throw attem? and Danny none... that concerns me very much.

Anthem
12-17-2011, 10:17 AM
I bet AK-47 would have gotten a few FTAs...

Trophy
12-17-2011, 10:19 AM
He often drives and gets to the line, but it's preseason.

Frostwolf
12-17-2011, 10:21 AM

i bet AK-47 would have shot 10 for 10...

BlueNGold
12-17-2011, 10:24 AM
The problem with Danny driving is that he also has to dribble and he does not do that well. Yes, he has driven successfully but he's very mechanical and let's just say that driving to the bucket is not his strength notwithstanding all of his other skills...including the fact he will keep the defense honest and should be able to get by his man.

Major Cold
12-17-2011, 10:37 AM
Coming off the curl, Danny drives rather effectively. In iso he does not. He drove a couple of times to the point of forcing a shot in the lane.

Many times Tyler, Danny, and Darren got into the lane off a pass and when the defense collapsed, they took contested shots.

We have to find the opposite wing on curls and entry passes from the hi-lo.

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 10:40 AM
Danny would never be the guy that takes it to the hoop that much, he is what he is and we should just accept it by now.

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-17-2011, 11:11 AM

i don't know about that. im sure J.O'neal would, right?

BillS
12-17-2011, 11:13 AM
Danny had at least one pretty nice drive last night.

yoadknux
12-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Danny can dribble with his right hand well, but he has problem doing things with his left hand. So when he drives he has really a lot less good options and will often turn the ball over or force a tough shot/layup, and I noticed he gets blocked quite much around the rim as well. so the best "average" scenario of Granger driving is him going to the line - and he's good at that - last year 7 FTA/game since vogel took over, which is the same avg over the last 3 years).

By the way, Danny is probably our best fast break finisher, he has great basketball IQ. Overall I'm very content with his offense game (could have better shot selection, but still one of the best offensive players out there)

If anything, I'd want to see him get more blocks. I think he's capable of it, he has done it in the past too.
Examples of what he's capable of doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJe5L5VEX8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tjpipAdf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObmwAEgDfI

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Danny can dribble with his right hand well, but he has problem doing things with his left hand. So when he drives he has really a lot less good options and will often turn the ball over or force a tough shot/layup, and I noticed he gets blocked quite much around the rim as well. so the best "average" scenario of Granger driving is him going to the line - and he's good at that - last year 7 FTA/game since vogel took over, which is the same avg over the last 3 years).

By the way, Danny is probably our best fast break finisher, he has great basketball IQ. Overall I'm very content with his offense game (could have better shot selection, but still one of the best offensive players out there)

If anything, I'd want to see him get more blocks. I think he's capable of it, he has done it in the past too.
Examples of what he's capable of doing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJe5L5VEX8M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8tjpipAdf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ObmwAEgDfI

sorry to correct you.. Danny did not average 7 ft per game last yr.. he averaged around 5.9 per game.

mattie
12-17-2011, 12:01 PM
hahaha this thread killed me. This guy is obviously a troll... i mean he can't be serious. can he? lol Either way it brought the lolz

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-17-2011, 12:03 PM
hahaha this thread killed me. This guy is obviously a troll... i mean he can't be serious. can he? lol Either way it brought the lolz

i been a pacers fan longer than you been alive.. go back to granville waiters days... thats when i started being a pacers fan.. in the 80s.... no troll here thats for sure.....

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-17-2011, 12:13 PM

remember this post from you? lol

Ok listen. Stop saying that. Just stop. Danny's shot selection outside of the three point line has been excellent. Period. It always has been. The reason why we know this is because Danny shoots a great 3p%, and has had no problem getting open looks throughout the game.

The problem has ALWAYS been the long contested 20 foot jumpers when he could get in the lane and earn a trip to the foul line.

this is one of you're post......seems you want him to drive more also.. now are you serious? or just want to post and reply to threads with off the wall remarks. LOL

yoadknux
12-17-2011, 12:40 PM
sorry to correct you.. Danny did not average 7 ft per game last yr.. he averaged around 5.9 per game.
I guess you missed the "since vogel took over" part ;)

ilive4sports
12-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I guess you missed the "since vogel took over" part ;)

Which would have put him right at the top 10 in the league last year. Hell his 5.9 was still 19th in the league.

People need to step back and remember this was the first competitive basketball these guys played in months.

mattie
12-17-2011, 01:10 PM
remember this post from you? lol

Ok listen. Stop saying that. Just stop. Danny's shot selection outside of the three point line has been excellent. Period. It always has been. The reason why we know this is because Danny shoots a great 3p%, and has had no problem getting open looks throughout the game.

The problem has ALWAYS been the long contested 20 foot jumpers when he could get in the lane and earn a trip to the foul line.

this is one of you're post......seems you want him to drive more also.. now are you serious? or just want to post and reply to threads with off the wall remarks. LOL

Yeah. You posted this thread after one pre-season game. Thats what I find humorous. And you completely ignored someone else's post. (the 5.9 vs 7 FTA fail on your part). That I find trollish.

Not the obvious no **** statement that Danny needs to go to the line more.

Pacer Fan
12-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I can't wait to see D-West on the floor, so Danny doesn't get double teamed as much!

ECKrueger
12-17-2011, 02:30 PM
I thought he had several good drives last night.

graphic-er
12-17-2011, 02:40 PM
Honestly the best thing that could happen to Danny's game is Vogel putting in more screen and curls for Danny to get open for easy mid range shots. During his Allstar year Danny was killing with easy jumpers just inside the paint. Then next year JOB told him 3 points are better than 2.

I'd really like to see Vogel put in him screens and picks that sends Danny through the paint where he comes up open on the other side to get a pass. He gets an open shot or he can dump it down low to Roy or West when their man has to run out to Danny. West and Hans have such broad shoulders, they need to clog up that lane once Danny runs through it.

HC
12-17-2011, 02:47 PM
Danny certainly settles for too many jumpers which is extremely frustrating when his jumper isn't falling.

12-17-2011, 09:08 PM
I like Danny, but the reason he needs to be a teams second offensive option is because he cannot score at will. Players who score at will get to the free throw line on difficult nights. In my opinion, the best defense is an offense that draws fouls. Players who score at will find easy buckets and high percentage shots which establish rhythm. Danny must step up.

There is always a correlation to wins and free throws attempted/made.