PDA

View Full Version : Deployed Fantasy Basketball

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
My shop decided to start a fantasy basketball league while we spend out time in the middle east.

I have never played before.

This is my roster. I know everyone on here know more about basketball then the normal person & I am sure quite a few of you are FBB experts.

PG Deven Harris
SG Monta Ellis
SF Danny Granger
PF David West
C DeMarcus Cousins
G Mike Conely
F Andre Iguodla
UT Kyrie Irving
UT Jamall Crawford
UT George Hill
B Chris Kaman
B DeAndre Jordan
B Paul George

So here is my team....A few questions...

Who do I start and do you see any glaring weakness on the Team?

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Question

Should I keep Chris Kamaan or drop him and pick up Ben Gordon????

travmil
12-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Question

Should I keep Chris Kamaan or drop him and pick up Ben Gordon????

Who else is available?

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 12:00 PM
Ben Gordon
J.J. Hickson
Tyrus Thomas
Jerryd Bayless
Tayshaun Prince
Chase Budinger
Carl Landry
Beno Udrih
Jared Dudley
Ramon Sessions
Richard Jefferson
Ryan Anderson
Anthony Morrow
C.J. Miles
Charlie Villanueva
J.J. Redick

tfarks
12-16-2011, 12:03 PM
I can't help you because I don't play fantasy basketball but that dog in your avatar is awesome.

pacergod2
12-16-2011, 12:06 PM
I would probably go after another PG. Irving is a solid guy but you have no idea what you will get from him. Harris is not a great assists guy, but will definitely help. Conley is your best PG, fantasy wise. I would probably look to upgrade Harris if I could. If Irving is a big assist guy, you may not need the help.

I would also probably look to trade Granger. With the amount of other talent that we have now, I think Danny's fantasy value will fall by sharing more of the load. I would maybe package Granger and Harris for maybe a Steve Nash, a PG with more assists and can replace some of those threes you will lose.

I would not drop Kaman. Kaman will start and play a significant amount of minutes on that team. Okafor, Kaman, and Landry will be a good front court, IMO. Kaman gives you double digit scoring with double digit rebounding when he plays consistently. He gives you good averages and will block some shots. Plus, he is one of only three guys on your roster with Center designation. I might look to add another PF/C that is out there. It looks like you might need a few more rebounds and blocked shots too as categories.

Just my opinion. You do what you need to based on what other teams look like. If there are teams that have strengths that make it difficult to match, look to gain points in other stat categories when looking into moves.

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM
I can't help you because I don't play fantasy basketball but that dog in your avatar is awesome.

Wife is a dog groomer, someone dropped him off in front of pet smart half dead, almost starved to death.

Nursed him back to life dude is the smartest dog I have ever seen. Cool as ****

pacergod2
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Wife is a dog groomer, someone dropped him off in front of pet smart half dead, almost starved to death.

Nursed him back to life dude is the smartest dog I have ever seen. Cool as ****

Does he shed?

Beautiful dog.

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 12:10 PM
I would probably go after another PG. Irving is a solid guy but you have no idea what you will get from him. Harris is not a great assists guy, but will definitely help. Conley is your best PG, fantasy wise. I would probably look to upgrade Harris if I could. If Irving is a big assist guy, you may not need the help.

I would also probably look to trade Granger. With the amount of other talent that we have now, I think Danny's fantasy value will fall by sharing more of the load. I would maybe package Granger and Harris for maybe a Steve Nash, a PG with more assists and can replace some of those threes you will lose.

I would not drop Kaman. Kaman will start and play a significant amount of minutes on that team. Okafor, Kaman, and Landry will be a good front court, IMO. Kaman gives you double digit scoring with double digit rebounding when he plays consistently. He gives you good averages and will block some shots. Plus, he is one of only three guys on your roster with Center designation. I might look to add another PF/C that is out there. It looks like you might need a few more rebounds and blocked shots too as categories.

Just my opinion. You do what you need to based on what other teams look like. If there are teams that have strengths that make it difficult to match, look to gain points in other stat categories when looking into moves.

Sorry I messed up I don't have Devon Harris I have Deron Williams

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 12:12 PM
Does he shed?

Beautiful dog.

Not really

pacergod2
12-16-2011, 12:14 PM

Never mind. Your team looks MUCH better then. Yeah, wow.

I would look to add a big that will give you blocks and rebounds then. Jordan has a horrible free throw percentage, so it may be difficult to play him, but he will give you great FG%, blocks, and rebounds. I like Kaman and Cousins. West's injury concerns me and you could end up playing guys you don't want to for typical front court stats.

cramerica
Where are you at now?

esabyrn333

So with that said, having Deron Williams instead of Harris.

Would you still look to move Danny, and would you say my PG position is set fantasy wise. I got Williams in the second round somehow. I know he is said to be the best PG in the league but I am not to sure how that translates fantasy wise.

esabyrn333
12-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Where are you at now?

U.A.E.

Was headed to Baghdad but got sent here instead 6mth vacation really IMO