PDA

View Full Version : Nazr Mohammed

Jose Slaughter
12-16-2011, 09:24 AM
I was looking at 3 things.

1. Pacers needs.

2. Others teams roster depth at the center position.

3. Teams that might be looking to trim salary.

OKC has Perkins & Obaka, with less need for Mohammed. Nazr is on the final year of his contract making around 3.5. I feel he could be brought in as a salary dump for OKC.

Pacer Fan
12-16-2011, 09:32 AM
Might as well take one of the FA's still left, getting same production....next to none! I'm sure they wouldn't just hand him over either, Thunder are under the cap, they would want something.

Pacerized
12-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Nazr's game has not aged well. I think I'd rather pick up someone from the D league.
We really need a traditional big man on our roster and not a smaller pf. I think if we're patient something will come available through amnesty or a trade with a team that wants to cut payroll.

xIndyFan
12-16-2011, 10:07 AM
he would be fine, but nothing special. we are talking about the 5th big in a 4 big rotation after all, so a D-leaguer would work just as well. and be cheaper.

cordobes
12-16-2011, 10:33 AM
I think OKC is interested in keeping him as a quality 4th/5th big and a lockeroom statesman. Aldrich and Mullens are still unproven (Mullens in particular hasn't showed much talent) and Ibaka and Collison aren't natural centers. I wouldn't be surprised to see Nazr getting minutes as Perkins backup.