PDA

View Full Version : 2011-12 NBA Random Thoughts Thread VIII: Random Thoughts the 8th I am!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Kstat
12-16-2011, 07:42 AM
In honor of preseason tipping off tonight, I thought I may as well get the ball rolling...

For those of you newcomers, this is the thread for random non-pacers related stuff that doesn't warrant it's own thread.

McKeyFan
12-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Rolling clouds on the sunset. Peas.

DrFife
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
The holidays are almost upon us and I've only begun to think about shopping, let alone buy gifts. I'm holding my breath as the funding for my job runs out in two weeks and I review the horrific unemployment numbers. My car has now been with a mechanic for four weeks (have you ridden a bus lately?) ... but instead of resorting to anxiety, I choose to deliberate on how much to bid on Travis Outlaw. Our Pacers: Such an wonderfully effective opiate.

Brad8888
12-16-2011, 10:27 AM
Poor Kobe. Purple and Gold becoming more Blue and Gold as time goes by.

xBulletproof
12-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Is NBA League Pass free over the preseason as well as the first week of the season?

Curiosity.

pacer4ever
12-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Norris Cole and Reggie Jackson my two sleepers. More so Cole because he will get more PT this year.

Kstat
12-16-2011, 10:00 PM
...so...Kobe's wife picks 9 days before Christmas to file for divorce?

This can't be good for LA's season...

xIndyFan
12-16-2011, 10:17 PM

don't know how long they've been married, but she deserves every penny she gets. being married to kobe can't be easy.

Strummer
12-16-2011, 10:20 PM
I think the Pacers should be like the Ramones; everyone should change their last name to Pacer. So our starting lineup tonight would have been:

Danny Pacer
Tyler Pacer
Roy Pacer
Paul Pacer
Darren Pacer

And the warmups should be jeans and leather jackets.

bballpacen
12-16-2011, 10:45 PM
don't know how long they've been married, but she deserves every penny she gets. being married to kobe can't be easy.
No prenump, so she can get half of his estimated 350M.... :-o.

How dumb can these athletes be... Rather, how smart are thier ex-wives...:laugh:

PaceBalls
12-16-2011, 11:13 PM
No prenump, so she can get half of his estimated 350M.... :-o.

How dumb can these athletes be... Rather, how smart are thier ex-wives...:laugh:

Emotional support is invaluable...

God bless the USA.

Slick Pinkham
12-17-2011, 12:15 PM
Sounds like Kobe has recently been experiencing a different form of lockout

idioteque
12-17-2011, 12:36 PM
Sounds like Kobe has recently been experiencing a different form of lockout

Maybe from one woman, but I'm sure he has no problems. Guess that big 'ol rock he bought her a few years ago wasn't enough. I think this could be good for the Lakers. Kobe is at his best when pissed off.

mattie
12-17-2011, 01:17 PM
Aren't the Pacers favorites for a 4 seed this year? If we assume MIA/CHI/BOS are still the top three, I don't know how any other team tops us. Orlando I see regressing as they've added nothing to help Howard.

Atlanta has not improved their roster. The Knickerbockers do not scare me in the least bit. Tyson is the only one on that team who will play any defense. Not sure they're they're that much better than they were last year.

spreedom
12-17-2011, 03:04 PM
http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/13037b4828d411e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Boy, those guys look pretty miserable. Also kinda funny/sad that they gave away Chris Paul's number already.

LG33
12-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Dunleavy hits the first shot for the Bucks this preseason and it's a three!

Trophy
12-17-2011, 09:15 PM
Dunleavy hits the first shot for the Bucks this preseason and it's a three!

Not only that, he's playing defense.

LG33
12-17-2011, 09:16 PM
OMG, Dunleavy is a god on the hardwood.

pacer4ever
12-17-2011, 09:16 PM
Dunleavy is playing at an MVP level for the first 3 minutes of the game lol he is doing everything.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-17-2011, 09:22 PM
And TJ had a turnover in the first 11 seconds of the game, followed by an airballed three.

pacer4ever
12-17-2011, 09:26 PM
What a close out by Klove he is a lot quicker this year.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-17-2011, 09:29 PM
Scola's ready for the regular season. 5-7, 10 points, 3 boards in 7:45 min.

xIndyFan
12-17-2011, 09:36 PM

yeah, i really like watching him play. gotta be the smartest guy in the league.

Trophy
12-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Bonzi Wells is now in. :-o

LG33
12-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Rubio might just make it in this league.

Haywoode Workman
12-17-2011, 09:51 PM
lol i made a thread about this game and was talking to myself in it. i wondered why no one else joined

pacer4ever
12-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Rubio might just make it in this league.

:eek:

of course he will make it in the league he has the best vision ive personally ever seen with the combination of running a team and being a leader and also plays good defense. I just think people look at his euro stats and think he will fail. Many of those have never seen him play and if they have they dont understand the European game. Yes he needs to have a better jumper but in the NBA that is all you do. Most players shot tons of shots a day it should get better with age if he has a good work ethic and maybe gets a good shooting coach not a fan of his form. But I though Reggie Miller had terrible form as well and look how he turned out maybe best shooter ever. He just needs more repetition should get better each year just like Lebrons jumper gets better every year. I had Rubio my #2 ranked prospect in 09.

If Kahn didnt **** up the draft a few years ago taking Flynn when there was no point to take Flynn or any other pg for that matter after drafting Rubio the Twolves would be a contender in the West. Also wasnt a fan of the Wes Johnson pick would of took Cousins myself (but he is a nut case :laugh:) but Kahn has a decent squad in Minny and he has done a good job of trading especially the Beasley trade. The Twolves are gonna be a great team in a few years I really like that team. I am a big fan of Derrick Williams. Also Kevin Love getting in better shape will take him to another level. He really looks like a different guy and the quickness is really gonna help him he may average even more rebound this year he is gonna be a monster. He also is gonna be a better defender because the shape he is in.

Slick Pinkham
12-17-2011, 10:31 PM

Kevin Love is still Kevin Love, a double-double IN THE FIRST HALF!

Trophy
12-17-2011, 10:32 PM
I'd love to see Redd come in and do well for us. Kind of a trade off.

Dunleavy fits in well with the Bucks. He's looked really good tonight.

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Bucks against who?

sobleski
12-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Dunleavy is playing really well for the Bucks right now, he has like 16 points and 6 assists with a quarter and a half left

Sparhawk
12-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Norris Cole and Reggie Jackson my two sleepers. More so Cole because he will get more PT this year.

I really wanted to draft Reggie Jackson too. Or Marshon Brooks, but Reggie was #1 on my list.

pacer4ever
12-17-2011, 11:12 PM
I really wanted to draft Reggie Jackson too. Or Marshon Brooks, but Reggie was #1 on my list.

I should actually change my sleeper to Marshon he will get much more PT than Reggie. I really dont like his game he reminds me of JR. Smith he will score the baketball in this league he just doesnt know what pass means and also takes a lot of terrible shots. He will also be a turnover machine IMO but he can score the ball. But yes Reggie Jackson is who I wanted us to take as well in 3 years I think we will regret we didn't.

Trophy
12-17-2011, 11:17 PM
Marshon Brooks is my biggest sleeper.

He had a decent game today. 10 points in 14 minutes. A few rookie mistakes, but he looks to be in for a nice season with D-Will dishing him the ball.

imawhat
12-18-2011, 12:08 AM
The Naptown Seths are having decent showings. By that I mean Terrence Wiiliams and Ekpe Udoh.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 12:24 AM
The Naptown Seths are having decent showings. By that I mean Terrence Wiiliams and Ekpe Udoh.

lol

Daryl Morey made a good point on Terrence that made me think of Lance. He said Terrence has great vision but still wants to make the hero play opposed to the simple play. I think Lance and Terrence will struggle decision making wise until they learn how to make the simple play opposed to the hero play. Both have outstanding passing ability and vision for their positions they just have to learn how to use it.

imawhat
12-18-2011, 01:55 AM
Jeremy Tyler doesn't belong in the NBA. He has David Harrison's hands.

Jimmer looked good. He's the best I've ever seen at squaring up to shoot quickly. It's almost impossible to predict.

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 02:03 AM
Am I the only one still :laugh: Mr. Balkman had 20 pts today LOL. Just goes to show it is the pre season defense is optional. And on some teams it's optional in the regular season lol.

Jeremy Tyler doesn't belong in the NBA. He has David Harrison's hands.

Ya I about lost it when the GS GM said they thought he would go top 5 in the draft if he would of went to college. He is athletic as hell but he has no clue how to play basketball.

billbradley
12-18-2011, 02:07 AM
Was Granger on the sidelines of the Bucs v Cowboys game? Just saw highlights on ESPN and they had he was behind the Bucs coach in Pacer gear.

graphic-er
12-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Jimmer looked good. He's the best I've ever seen at squaring up to shoot quickly. It's almost impossible to predict.

This, my gosh he just let it pull on everyone. Really quick shot. Struggled on D though. But made some smart passes. 4/6 on 3's.

Kemo
12-18-2011, 03:25 AM

"On the 3rd day of Christmas my true love gave to me...... "

haha

Kemo
12-18-2011, 03:35 AM
Ya, Fredette was impressive just as I knew he would be ..
He definitely reminds me of a late 80s early 90s throwback player. Kinda like a Miller/Stockton mesh of styles .
Just like I said Rubio would be special, so will Jimmer ..

McKeyFan
12-18-2011, 10:17 AM
Metta Ron Ron's thoughts on baby teeth would certainly work nicely in this thread.

Kstat
12-18-2011, 12:17 PM
He definitely reminds me of a late 80s early 90s throwback player. Kinda like a Miller/Stockton mesh of styles .

...in other words, Mark Price.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6wrPhT94lRo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pacer4ever
12-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Im finding myself loving the guys games who were the man in college and carried there programs. Especially Norris Cole and Reggie Jackson, Jimmer, Kemba and Derrick Williams. Norris is gonna be a very good guard in this league has the vision the scoring ability and the experience of having to carry a program on the back. Reggie it kind of sucks because he probably went to the worst team IMO for playing time. I feel like the Thunder should play him at the SG as well as pg but it looks like he will just be playing pg. This rookie class is very deep imo may not be great at the top but it is very deep.

12-18-2011, 11:36 PM
Just like I said Rubio would be special, so will Jimmer ..

I like the comparison, he is a unique player. The Kings have a bright future - they are well stocked with young talent after young talent.

12-18-2011, 11:39 PM
I'd love to have Mark Price in his prime.

90'sNBARocked
12-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Thsi just in.........

Bird trades Granger/PG and DC, plus 2 number ones for ....

Jimmer Fredette

:)

Trophy
12-19-2011, 11:59 PM
McBob with a slam and a nice pass.

gummy
12-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Josh with two sweet consecutive plays.

Hicks
12-20-2011, 12:02 AM
Josh is going to make Seth explode if he keeps this up. [/notmeanttobedirtybuttotallyreadsthatway]

trs72
12-20-2011, 12:03 AM
McBob with a slam and a nice pass.

I was just getting ready to post to see if anyone saw it. It looked pretty sweet! I think in the long run we will miss McBob. Unfortunately he had to spend to long with a idiot coach in JOB. Playing with Kobe and a defensive minded coach he migh reach his full potential

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Josh is going to shine in LA. I'm so happy for him.

pacer4ever
12-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Love watching Alec Burks play he is balling we could of really used him here in Indy. I wanted him if he was on the board unfortunately he wasn't. :sad:

Kanter has some sick footwork really like watching him play as well.

Trophy
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
Darius Morris has looked good so far.

Ratking
12-20-2011, 12:26 AM
I wonder what Kobe is going to do about his Queen crown tattoo...

LG33
12-20-2011, 08:45 PM
Nick Young calling his own number in Philly so far.

Frostwolf
12-21-2011, 09:37 AM

sixers still win

LG33
12-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Haslem doesn't look like Haslem anymore. The hair change is throwing me off.

vnzla81
12-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Haslem doesn't look like Haslem anymore. The hair change is throwing me off.

I was thinking the same thing, Big Baby is looking decent so far by the way.

LG33
12-21-2011, 08:53 PM
I had to switch to Knicks/Nets to check in on Marshon. MIA/ORL was getting out of hand.

granger4mvp
12-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Watching all these games and it seems as if their playing hard and actually look some what ok what the hell is wrong with us ,by the way it looks like the bucks may be a little better than us (but we have Lou and a soft center)

Scot Pollard
12-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Watching all these games and it seems as if their playing hard and actually look some what ok what the hell is wrong with us ,by the way it looks like the bucks may be a little better than us (but we have Lou and a soft center)

LET THE SEASON START ALREADY!

And hello, the Bucks lost by 21 in their first game.

People are being ridiculous. I've never heard anyone get this sucked into preseason before.

Good lord!

People on Pacers Digest are being ridiculous. It's like happiness on here doesn't last.

There's no reason to not look forward to the season.

People are just being silly. If you want to be all upset, then that's your sorry life, but if you want to be a smart fan and realize that preseason means nothing and no one is going to play to their fullest, then move past it and look forward to December 26th.

We have a good team and a good coaching staff. It'll take one game at a time before the chemistry improves, but it'll be built and these guys will play well.

I don't mean to single you out in particular.

granger4mvp
12-21-2011, 09:56 PM
LET THE SEASON START ALREADY!

And hello, the Bucks lost by 21 in their first game.

People are being ridiculous. I've never heard anyone get this sucked into preseason before.

Good lord!

No I'm not talking about preseason its like no one on our team gives a crap other than 1 guy phyco t , hell George hill just looks ticked by even playing here.as far as the bucks go I just think they will be better they play with some energy atleast

Scot Pollard
12-21-2011, 10:02 PM
No I'm not talking about preseason its like no one on our team gives a crap other than 1 guy phyco t , hell George hill just looks ticked by even playing here.as far as the bucks go I just think they will be better they play with some energy atleast

I hope Frank lights a fire under these guys asses.

I'm not worried about him getting these guys going.

They just didn't seem motivated because it was preseason.

We play with energy and again, preseason isn't exactly something that'll get everyone excited. The games don't mean anything.

George Hill will step it up. He's much better than this and I definitely doubt it's because he doesn't want to be here. He's happy and will adjust soon.

granger4mvp
12-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I hope Frank lights a fire under these guys asses.

I'm not worried about him getting these guys going.

They just didn't seem motivated because it was preseason.

We play with energy and again, preseason isn't exactly something that'll get everyone excited. The games don't mean anything.

George Hill will step it up. He's much better than this and I definitely doubt it's because he doesn't want to be here. He's happy and will adjust soon.

Hope your right but it's like everyone else is trying to get it and we just look lost sure that's due to preseason but where is the effort

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 10:24 PM
Jordan Hill and Derrick Favor by far the 2 guys who have impressed me the most in this preseason both active as hell and have really improved on the offensive side to go with their good defense.

Basketball Fan
12-21-2011, 10:31 PM

10 years the magic number to get spousal support for life in the state of California.

So yeah I don't feel bad for her its obvious this chick is a golddigger when your parents tried to warn you about this you should've listened.

I mean really why athletes get married is beyond me you're rich and have tons of women throw themselves at you just go the Derek Jeter route and stay single.

Why is it so hard a concept to grasp?

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 10:36 PM
10 years the magic number to get spousal support for life in the state of California.

So yeah I don't feel bad for her its obvious this chick is a golddigger when your parents tried to warn you about this you should've listened.

I mean really why athletes get married is beyond me you're rich and have tons of women throw themselves at you just go the Derek Jeter route and stay single.

Why is it so hard a concept to grasp?

Kobe should of been smarter and divorced her a few years ago he should of saw this coming.

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Utah has Burks playing pg I figured he could play some pg had the NBA level.

Favors needs to be smarter he had a few stupid fouls now he is on the bench.

Scot Pollard
12-21-2011, 10:40 PM
Hope your right but it's like everyone else is trying to get it and we just look lost sure that's due to preseason but where is the effort

The first game we played pretty well and then leveled off.

In the second game we got off to a bad start and slowly got the score closer.

We have enough talent to be solid for 48 minutes during the regular season.

Vogel knows what he's doing to create chemistry and these guys are professionals and know their roles. Just keep practicing.

We are ready for the season and we'll have a good one. Again, too much talent and a great coaching staff.

granger4mvp
12-21-2011, 10:45 PM
The first game we played pretty well and then leveled off.

In the second game we got off to a bad start and slowly got the score closer.

We have enough talent to be solid for 48 minutes during the regular season.

Vogel knows what he's doing to create chemistry and these guys are professionals and know their roles.

We're ready for the season.

Points well taken but I still think we need a starting center I don't think hibbert is our answer starting

CableKC
12-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I was just getting ready to post to see if anyone saw it. It looked pretty sweet! I think in the long run we will miss McBob. Unfortunately he had to spend to long with a idiot coach in JOB. Playing with Kobe and a defensive minded coach he migh reach his full potential
are you kidding? Would any other coach make him practice 500 3pt shots a day during the offseason? McBob should be thanking JO'b. His athleticsm got him in the door....his 3pt shooting got people's attention.

Scot Pollard
12-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Points well taken but I still think we need a starting center I don't think hibbert is our answer starting

He's talented and is starting quality, but it's like his brain turns off from one game to another.

His strength should be something that'll help him out and he just needs to play center and not act like a wimp. When you're 7-2, with the added muscle he put on, there's no reason to be a chicken.

He works hard to make things right, but it's a mental thing. Hopefully this coaching staff ignites positive energy into his head to play smart ALL THE TIME.

He has all the potential to be a solid NBA center. He just needs to stop worrying and play as a dominant center. He needs to use his *** and back defenders out of the post.

He can do it. He's done it before.

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Holy **** what a dunk by Terrence Williams.

Marcus Morris has played a good game tonight he lite it up in the 2nd quarter

King Tuts Tomb
12-21-2011, 11:37 PM
This is easily the most excited I'll ever be for a pre-season Clippers game.

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 11:38 PM
This is easily the most excited I'll ever be for a pre-season Clippers game.

:confused: Kobe isnt playing

Kapone is starting for him :laugh:

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 11:45 PM
:confused: Kobe isnt playing

Devin Ebanks is starting for him :laugh:

Hey now, that was a good play he made to get the ball on the fast break. Too bad he missed the layup. Looks athletic.

As I type he hits a jumper. So far for being sarcastic about how awesome he is. :laugh:

*EDIT* .... then another jumper

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 11:47 PM
That was an awesome travel / chicken wing by Bynum there. :laugh:

pacer4ever
Hey now, that was a good play he made to get the ball on the fast break. Too bad he missed the layup. Looks athletic.

As I type he hits a jumper. :laugh:

I watched him have a 3pt contest lasted about 45 minutes with Shaw last year pre game and I dont think he made more than 5 3s. He is really raw offensively but a good defender word out of camp is he really improved on offense. I really like him on defense if he can make his jumper consistently he may start over Artest.

Doddage
So far? As if this is something that doesn't happen every game.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Holy crap, who is this guy and what did he do with Anthony Morrow?

0-10 shooting, 0-5 from three. No points.

pacer4ever
12-21-2011, 11:54 PM
I really pissed Ebanks off he looks much improved on offense :laugh:

LOL Ralph Lawyer "mc bye bye " LOL

PacerPenguins
12-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Jamal Crawford looks horrific 1-10 shooting

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 11:57 PM
Someone over threw Blake. It happened. I saw it. lol

King Tuts Tomb
12-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Griffin destroying McRoberts.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Blake must have called him McBob on the way down. He had nothing to be mad about. Blake didn't push him off at all or do anything dirty. He's just twice his size.

xBulletproof
12-22-2011, 12:02 AM
Wow anyone watching the Clippers/ Lakers game, on that McRoberts rebound and put back, rewind it and watch it if you can. Watch Bynum just throw someone out of his way. I can't believe the refs missed that. I didn't see the put back because I was watching that cheap ****.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Blake must have called him McBob on the way down. He had nothing to be mad about. Blake didn't push him off at all or do anything dirty. He's just twice his size.

Because Blake almost mozgoved him Yes Timothy Mozgov is a verb now. Mcbob

Mcbob is getting abused just like Posey got abused by Blake last year.

King Tuts Tomb
12-22-2011, 12:07 AM
I've always liked this Clippers announcing team. They show a lot of respect for visiting teams.

Clippers have probably played better so far but the Lakers can't miss.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 12:10 AM
I've always liked this Clippers announcing team. They always show a lot of respect for visiting teams.

love me some Ralph Lawler is my favorite broadcaster outside of Clark K. He has his own style which I really like and he has the best voice in the business IMO.

I would of loved for the Pacers to get Trey Tompkins the kid can really play it just sucks he is a tweaner but he can score the ball I loved him at Georgia. He is a 3 in a 4's body the kid can really score the ball.

xIndyFan
12-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Kobe should of been smarter and divorced her a few years ago he should of saw this coming.

kobe should have kept it in his pants. my guess he had the god complex. the 'i'm a rich famous athlete and rules don't apply to me' complex. oops. :laugh:

hope the tail he got was really really really good. cause it gonna cost him a couple hundred million. expensive impulse, if you ask me.

xIndyFan
12-22-2011, 12:29 AM
I've always liked this Clippers announcing team. They show a lot of respect for visiting teams.

that's interesting. i didn't. thought they were slobbering all over the clipper [ ie blake] players and knocking down the lakers. they sounded like a little girl badmouthing the prom queen. sour grapes.

CableKC
12-22-2011, 01:23 AM
I love Hibbert as a Player and person....but these super quick and athletic Centers like DeAndre Jordan and Javale McGee are going to be the future of the NBA.

CableKC
12-22-2011, 01:25 AM
McBob held the ball way too long......he got the ball into Bynum....but it was way too late in the shot clock.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 01:53 AM
World Peace might be the worst basketball player on the Lakers the guy has been awful for a few years.

Murphy on Griffin :laugh:

CableKC
12-22-2011, 01:55 AM
It is so wierd to hear the announcers say "Metta World Peace to bring in the ball".

cdash
12-22-2011, 01:56 AM
World Peace might be the worst basketball player on the Lakers the guy has been awful for a few years.

Murphy on Griffin :laugh:

The Lakers might suck this year. Kobe might be out a few weeks, he is pissed off at the front office, they have a total of three good players and you know Bynum will get hurt. By the way, when I say they might suck, I mean for them. Not even close to a title contender imo.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Murphy is getting abused

Griffin is the 2nd best PF at leading the fast break the kid has a crazy handle for a PF and a pretty good decision maker. Only PF who is better in the open floor or running a team at the PF is Lamar Odom IMO.

CableKC
12-22-2011, 01:58 AM
My God....Murphy is guarding Griffin. I know that Murphy tries.....but you might as well have Murphy guarding a chair....Griffin is so quick and agile that he just keeps on getting past Murphy.

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 02:01 AM
:laugh:

Murphy is Griffin's ***** I though Brown was a good defensive coach?? This is a JOB type move.(no body is a good match up for Blake but at least put a guy who defends on him)

graphic-er
12-22-2011, 02:03 AM
Griffin show boating his dribble on Troy Murphy, makes the shot to back it up, but then leaves Murphy wide open on the other end of the floor for a 3 point shot. Didn't go in, but thats why Griffin will never be a great player.

CableKC
12-22-2011, 02:05 AM
The Lakers might suck this year. Kobe might be out a few weeks, he is pissed off at the front office, they have a total of three good players and you know Bynum will get hurt. By the way, when I say they might suck, I mean for them. Not even close to a title contender imo.
It's called karma....:devil:

BTW........how many Laker fans do you think have jumped ship in favor of being a Clipper fan?

I only feel bad for Mike Brown....he's inheriting a mess of a Team. I don't see him lasting in LaLaLand longer then 2 seasons. The Lakers at this point have to do their best to land Dwight.......put everyone except for Kobe on sale and they have to do what they can to get Dwight...cuz he's the only thing that can save this Team and Mike Brown's job.

vnzla81
12-22-2011, 02:07 AM
Griffin show boating his dribble on Troy Murphy, makes the shot to back it up, but then leaves Murphy wide open on the other end of the floor for a 3 point shot. Didn't go in, but thats why Griffin will never be a great player.

He already is a great player.

King Tuts Tomb
12-22-2011, 02:15 AM

Was Griffin playing D on Murphy on that play? I thought I remembered seeing Jordan close out late on him, but I could be wrong. I'm watching it on a stream online so I can't go back and look at it.

RLeWorm
12-22-2011, 02:19 AM

the man dropped 40+ on us last year.

vnzla81
12-22-2011, 02:20 AM
Mcbob with his amazing numbers 2,4 and 1, just as good as Lamar Odom :laugh:

cdash
12-22-2011, 02:30 AM
Vinny the Black coached that like it were a regular season game. Methinks he's the weakest link on the Clipshow.

Kemo
12-22-2011, 02:38 AM

From what I noticed , pretty much when he came into the new season right after he changed his name was when he absolutely was NOT the same player..

It was like, with the namechange, one of his multiple personalities took full control.
And that personality sucks as an NBA basketball player...

The scary thing is that , with Artest, it is probably true..

oh, and I refuse to refer to him by that stupid name..

To me, it's like enabling an alcoholic by letting them drink only on the weekends..

pacer4ever
12-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Vinny the Black coached that like it were a regular season game. Methinks he's the weakest link on the Clipshow.

I didnt care for Vinny last year I though he was a bad coach for the young guys but with a vetern team with guys like Billups and CP3 he should be better. I must admit I was wrong about the Clippers I didnt think Billups and what not would be a good fit at the SG and it would make the team suffer but so far they are really proving me wrong Billups has been a perfect fit.

Slick Pinkham
12-22-2011, 10:05 AM
Lebron airballing a FT last night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uxf7XboLkOU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uxf7XboLkOU

BRushWithDeath
12-22-2011, 11:14 AM

Murphy is Griffin's ***** I though Brown was a good defensive coach?? This is a JOB type move.(no body is a good match up for Blake but at least put a guy who defends on him)

It's the preseason. If you think that would happen in a game that mattered you are crazy.

Of course, that statement applies to most of the comments on every thread from the past 5 days.

vnzla81
12-22-2011, 10:02 PM
So Diaw has to be the fattest power forward in the NBA I think.

tadscout
12-22-2011, 10:05 PM
So Diaw has to be the fattest power forward in the NBA I think.

He plays Center for them. -- He is listed at 235

vnzla81
12-22-2011, 10:08 PM
He plays Center for them. -- He is listed at 235

:laugh: Damn I didn't know he was playing center, 235? maybe three years ago but now he looks closer to 300 easy.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Amare is shooting 3's now? Wow

pacers74
12-25-2011, 01:40 PM
Shumpert is looking good thru 1 quarter with the knicks.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 01:49 PM
Hard to argue with how D'Antoni has re-shaped this Knick team. They look much more cohesive than last year, post-melo trade.

This might be the best Knick team since the Riley years.

cdash
12-25-2011, 02:01 PM
Hard to argue with how D'Antoni has re-shaped this Knick team. They look much more cohesive than last year, post-melo trade.

This might be the best Knick team since the Riley years.

That's really not saying much at all. That said, JVG took them to the Finals in the last lockout shortened season.

I get that the Knicks get a lot of hype (mainly because they are the Knicks), but I can't see them as a legit contender until I see Baron Davis healthy and motivated. In D'Antoni's system, the point guard is crucial, and I have a hard time buying into the Toney Douglas/Mike Bibby poo-poo platter extraordinaire.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't think the PG is as critical to D'Antoni's scheme as you do. It's just that he's had good to great PGs running it up until now.

He also hadn't had a forward tandem as dynamic as Melo/Amare to work with, either.

cdash
12-25-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't think the PG is as critical to D'Antoni's scheme as you do. It's just that he's had good to great PGs running it up until now.

He also hadn't had a forward tandem as dynamic as Melo/Amare to work with, either.

Even if it's not, their point guards suck right now. For that matter, their entire backcourt sucks. They are getting there, but I think they are a year or two away from being legit contenders.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 02:13 PM
I'm not saying they are contenders, but the #3 seed isn't out of the question.

And yes, their guards do suck. But their forwards are outstanding, so it balances out.

cdash
12-25-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm not saying they are contenders, but the #3 seed isn't out of the question.

And yes, their guards do suck. But their forwards are outstanding, so it balances out.

Among my problems with the Knicks is that D'Antoni is the Dusty Baker of the NBA. He is going to run his players into the ground during this shortened, frantic NBA season. Can Amare's knees hold up? Can Chandler hold up? Will Baron Davis be healthy? Will they play some defense? I know they got Chandler (a great defender), but D'Antoni's defensive "scheme" doesn't really play to his strengths like Carlisle's system did. We'll see. I think they will be in the 4-6 range, so we aren't that far off.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 02:18 PM
eh, I don't buy into that as it pertains to basketball.

Did Pat Riley run the Lakers into the ground? Being a running team doesn't put any added physical stress on the body. In some instances, it puts less because there is less contact.

I don't even classify Chandler as a "great" defender, but he doesn't have to be. The Knicks are going to overpower teams on most nights. He doesn't have to be as productive as he was in Dallas. Just clean up the glass on both ends, and block a shot every now and then.

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Rondo is the best Celtic and I really am disappointed the Pacers didn't get him somehow.

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 02:26 PM
think the knicks have a good chance to overtake the celtics this year.

#1 heat
#2 bulls
#3 knicks

as kstat said, it's quite doable.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Both teams are still figuring themselves out, I think. NY just has more talent on the floor than Boston.

cdash
12-25-2011, 02:30 PM
Whoever it is still saying that Rondo is a product of the players around him is wildly off base. On the contrary, I think he is making the players around him better.

xIndyFan
Rondo is the best Celtic and I really am disappointed the Pacers didn't get him somehow.

yeah, me too. :sigh:

Basketball Fan
Live Forever

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O-TXe6cWidA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trader Joe
12-25-2011, 03:01 PM
So anyone still think Rondo wouldn't have been worth it? One of the dumbest arguments that has ever taken place on PD.

edc
12-25-2011, 03:11 PM
With all the talks about derick rose and cp3 as the top 2 point guard.....and now rondo having this F-you game without paul pierce.

Infinite MAN_force
12-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Whoever it is still saying that Rondo is a product of the players around him is wildly off base. On the contrary, I think he is making the players around him better.

Yeah, I believed that a few years ago, but he has more than proven himself at this point. That team would be screwed without him.

People balked at giving up Hansbrough for him, insane.

cdash
12-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I believed that a few years ago, but he has more than proven himself at this point. That team would be screwed without him.

People balked at giving up Hansbrough for him, insane.

He's the best player on Boston imo.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:19 PM

Has always been that way, some people just don't know WTF they are talking about, maybe in his first year with the big three not as much but he still makes them better, way better.

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 03:20 PM
man, celts are making me eat my damn words.

rondo is just wow.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 03:34 PM
This has turned into a monster game.

Both teams playing on sheer emotion right now.

vnzla81
Great 1st game of the season wow.

cdash
These two teams clearly don't like each other. Exactly the way it should be.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Boston reminds me of the 07 and 08 Pistons. Their defense is a step slower than it used to be, but their offensive IQ is off the charts.

They aren't going to be able to win games on defense like they used to. They are going to have to out-execute teams.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:39 PM
31 and 12 for Rondo, clearly he is not better than Danny or anybody we have :laugh:

cdash
12-25-2011, 03:40 PM
31 and 12 for Rondo, clearly he is not better than Danny or anybody we have :laugh:

And 5 steals.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 03:41 PM

Can we please stop beating that dead horse? Not the time nor the thread for that.

Rondo is a top-5 PG in the NBA. There shouldn't be any debate on that. Whatever he does today should not change a thing.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Can we please stop beating that dead horse? Not the time nor the thread for that.

Rondo is a top-5 PG in the NBA. There shouldn't be any debate on that. Whatever he does today should not change a thing.

:tongue: ..........

Damn this could be a good win for the Celtics without Pierce.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:46 PM
And 5 steals.

Wow I didnt see that.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Marquis can't guard Melo. Had to gamble for the steal and didn't get away with it.

Should have doubled.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Damn, Rondo is good. He does so many little things that don't show up in the box score.

Win or lose, he's been the best player on the floor today, for either team.

Natston
12-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Quisy off from threesy...

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Damn, Rondo is good. He does so many little things that don't show up in the box score.

Win or lose, he's been the best player on the floor today, for either team.

No doubt.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Great game, there is a reason why I rather have 66 games instead of 82.

tadscout
12-25-2011, 03:54 PM
There's no reason to grab a person by the throat like that... KG should be suspended, or at least fined.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Who is this rookie Cole for Miami? Seems like he could be really good for the heat off the bench

cdash
12-25-2011, 04:15 PM
Who is this rookie Cole for Miami? Seems like he could be really good for the heat off the bench

Some big time scorer from Cleveland State. I like him.

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 04:20 PM
van gundy complaining about the league pass cost is hilarious.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 04:22 PM
I miss Mark Jackson :(

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 04:46 PM

He seems to be a really good find by miami.

Oh and miami is still really good...

Trader Joe

He averaged close to a triple double as well I believe. He was a heck of a player in the Horizon league.

ilive4sports
I miss Mark Jackson :(

I just wish van gundy left with him.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 04:51 PM
The Mavericks are soft again.

IAmHoosier
12-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Why is it when the refs make a BS foul call, they rarely show a replay of it?

xBulletproof
12-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Why is it when the refs make a BS foul call, they rarely show a replay of it?

Did you miss the flop by Lebron they replayed 12 times?

Kstat
12-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Dallas getting blasted at home, but that isn't as big a surprise as you'd think.

They clearly have no idea how to incorporate Odom and Carter yet, nor make up for the loss of Chandler inside.

IAmHoosier
12-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Did you miss the flop by Lebron they replayed 12 times?

Oh I saw the flop, but I only saw one replay. There was a play that happened a few minutes before that flop in which LeBron drove to the basket and the ball got stripped from him and the refs called a shooting foul. No replay was shown after that, but you could here the crowds reaction to the replay in the background.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I just wish van gundy left with him.

Van Gundy and Mark were amazing, Van Gundy by himself is just ok.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 05:25 PM
JVG was ok. Mark Jackson was impossible to listen to. Very little informative conversation, just a bunch of barely discernible cliches.

If there was every a basketball player that had zero business being an analyst, it was Tim Hardaway. Mark Jackson is right behind him, though.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Horrible game.

Sollozzo
12-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I'd feel pretty good about myself if I were Boston. They almost beat a supposedly improved Knick team without Pierce. If Pierce plays then that's easily a double digit win for them. Easily.

Bass played great for them and hopefully Pietrus can give them a bit off the bench when he returns. The loss of Green hurts quite a bit, but this team still has enough to get the job done. Rondo looks like he's about to take his game to an even higher level. Ray Allen and KG looked pretty solid today and we all know Pierce will be good for about 19 a night once he returns. This is still a dangerous team that will win a lot of games. Rondo and Pierce are just too good for them not to, and Ray and KG still have enough in the tank to be a force.

Boston certainly isn't the favorites in the East but they won't go down quietly. I know Miami beat them in 5 last year, but that series was a lot closer than the 4-1 result says. Rondo got hurt badly in game 3 yet they were still inches from tying the series in game 4. Game 5 was also very close too.

These guys know this might be their last run together. They will go all out this season.

As Simmons said: Add Baron Davis and Pierce to this game and you will really have something. It would be great if these teams met up again in the playoffs. There is clearly no love lost between these teams and cities. It was nice to see the Garden rocking again today.

PacersFan1991
12-25-2011, 05:38 PM
My Twitter feed is a Heat love fest, SMH

Kstat
12-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Miami going small-ball will make them more fun to watch, but I have to imagine Chicago is licking their chops at that lineup.

flox
12-25-2011, 05:44 PM
I'd feel pretty good about myself if I were Boston. They almost beat a supposedly improved Knick team without Pierce. If Pierce plays then that's easily a double digit win for them. Easily.

Bass played great for them and hopefully Pietrus can give them a bit off the bench when he returns. The loss of Green hurts quite a bit, but this team still has enough to get the job done. Rondo looks like he's about to take his game to an even higher level. Ray Allen and KG looked pretty solid today and we all know Pierce will be good for about 19 a night once he returns. This is still a dangerous team that will win a lot of games. Rondo and Pierce are just too good for them not to, and Ray and KG still have enough in the tank to be a force.

Boston certainly isn't the favorites in the East but they won't go down quietly. I know Miami beat them in 5 last year, but that series was a lot closer than the 4-1 result says. Rondo got hurt badly in game 3 yet they were still inches from tying the series in game 4. Game 5 was also very close too.

These guys know this might be their last run together. They will go all out this season.

As Simmons said: Add Baron Davis and Pierce to this game and you will really have something. It would be great if these teams met up again in the playoffs. There is clearly no love lost between these teams and cities. It was nice to see the Garden rocking again today.

They sure won't be shooting 50% again. No way Boston wins by double digits with Pierce. i'm sure melo would have scored more.

Sollozzo
12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
They sure won't be shooting 50% again. No way Boston wins by double digits with Pierce. i'm sure melo would have scored more.

The guy (Pavlovic) who started in Pierce's place threw up a 0 in the scoring column. I feel pretty confident in saying that's easily a double digit win for Boston if Pierce plays.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 05:50 PM
The New Dallas Mavericks "were missing Tyson Chandler happens"

Kstat
12-25-2011, 05:53 PM
well, their issues today went a lot deeper than just Chandler.

Dirk is out of shape, they are still incorporating West, Carter and Odom, and Boubois has been out for roughly a year.

The Mavs still have a lot of talent. They just can't win the same way they won last season. Dirk or Odom is going to have to play some center.

PacerPenguins
12-25-2011, 06:00 PM
i hope LA wins......... but I'm not counting on it........ I CANT WAIT ANOTHER DAY!!!! I WANT PACERS NWOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWO!!!!!!

Kstat
12-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah...not really feeling the new Miami Heat gameplan. Once Dallas settled down, there are some gaping holes in Miami's defense, and Miami is still prone to stretches where they miss shots and can't get the ball inside.

They'll still win this game rather easily, but IMO this radical change in style is an overreaction. They were an outstanding team defensively last season. They didn't need to sacrifice that in exchange for some more offensive punch.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 06:05 PM
well, their issues today went a lot deeper than just Chandler.

Dirk is out of shape, they are still incorporating West, Carter and Odom, and Boubois has been out for roughly a year.

The Mavs still have a lot of talent. They just can't win the same way they won last season. Dirk or Odom is going to have to play some center.

Yeah, Miami is also trying to prove a point by beating the Champs.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 06:10 PM
OMG VC looks really really old, wow.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 06:12 PM
VC is out of shape, too. I'd imagine a lot of 10+ year vets are, with the exception of workout warriors like Allen and Hamilton. The lockout has totally thrown them off physically.

PR07
12-25-2011, 06:20 PM
For their sake, you have to hope Odom isn't pouting all year and gets his head into the game. Also, VC looks pretty awful right now, but he should eventually get in better shape and maybe Kidd will help rejuvenate him some.

PacerPenguins
12-25-2011, 06:21 PM
well i am looking forward to see mcbob starting and i hope he wins it for us pacers :D

Kstat
12-25-2011, 06:22 PM
...so are we just going to overlook the fact Miami did not score one singe point once Lebron and Wade left the game?

yeah it was garbage time, but still... eight 4th quarter points?

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 06:29 PM
Are the Lakers playing McRoberts at center?!

Kstat
12-25-2011, 06:30 PM
No, Gasol is playing C.

PacerPenguins
12-25-2011, 06:31 PM
mcbob just pulled a matt rodgers

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Oh, okay now he's on Boozer. He was guarding Noah the first possessions I saw.

PacerPenguins
12-25-2011, 06:33 PM
kobe looks bad

vnzla81
Kobe can't dribble for S.

Kstat
Kobe probably should not be playing right now. He can't handle the ball at all.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Troy and Mcbob on the floor at the same time :laugh:

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 06:57 PM
man... has the lakers' offense always been this stagnant?

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 07:01 PM
tnt crew having no problem calling artest by his legal name

edit: a metta-murphy pick and roll is a thing of beauty to behold.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Hamilton signing by Chicago is so underrated is not even funny, he is making them an scary team.

CableKC
12-25-2011, 07:11 PM
DRose doing that reverse on Artest on the baseline is very reminiscent of Jordan doing the same thing a few years back.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Hamilton signing by Chicago is so underrated is not even funny, he is making them an scary team.

he is literally the perfect fit to play with Derrick Rose I couldn't name a better fit for Derrick Rose maybe Ray Allen.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 07:32 PM
Iman Shumpert is not a very good pg very selfish he played jsut like he did at GT he is a good defender though but his pg skills need work.

Word is he is out 2-4 weeks with a sprained MCL just like Matt Forte.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice pass by Noah and now Mcbob got blocked by Boozer :eek: good recovery pass to Kobe after that.

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Boozer is such a hole on defense :shakehead

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 08:48 PM
come on gasol... you missed BOTH your fts? with your lead on the line?

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 08:51 PM
wow kobe being kobe what a clutch shot

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 08:58 PM
the bulls are such a good defensive team

vnzla81
12-25-2011, 09:01 PM
Damn what a block, good game by the Bulls.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Travel.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 09:02 PM
wow Drose was scary efficient today and yes the Bulls are a very scary team vest defensive team in the league combined with Drose and now Rip =Very scary.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Bulls won as expected, but LA did better than i expected. Mike Brown has them playing some real defense.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Travel.

Deng did travel watching the replay but they weren't gonna call that in that situation.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:04 PM

Those 6 points murdered the Lakers tonight.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-25-2011, 09:05 PM
Deng did travel watching the replay but they weren't gonna call that in that situation.

The situation shouldn't matter. Rules aren't subjective. A travel is a travel.

BornReady
12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
following up the bulls lakers game with how the grinch stole christmas. legit.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 09:10 PM

not in the NBA unfortunately that was blatant I really cant believe they missed that call just goes to show how much fundamentals are stressed in the NBA(which is not at all) .

IndyHoya
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
I hate the Bulls. But they do play defense. Good lesson to remember. Play hard and defend.

flox
12-25-2011, 09:13 PM
bulls came back and showed why they are now contenders. great teams don't fold late they fight and the bulls fought.

if the pacers fight like this this year I will be ecstatic. I will believe that we can win a championship.

if they can't i will feel like we're a year away or so.

IndyHoya
12-25-2011, 09:16 PM
not in the NBA unfortunately that was blatant I really cant believe they missed that call just goes to show how much fundamentals are stressed in the NBA(which is not at all) .

Refereeing didn't improve with the Lockout.

Infinite MAN_force
12-25-2011, 09:19 PM

It may not seem like a sexy acquisition, but it was enough to bump Chicago to my favorite to win it all. I'm hoping for a Chicago-OKC finals, that would be a hell of a series.

Miami is going to look unstoppable for stretches, but they have some issues and I don't really feel like they've improved much from last season. They will be exposed in the playoffs once they face an elite team. I like Chicago better now that they have a legitimate 2 in Rip.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 09:19 PM
bulls came back and showed why they are now contenders. great teams don't fold late they fight and the bulls fought.

if the pacers fight like this this year I will be ecstatic. I will believe that we can win a championship.

if they can't i will feel like we're a year away or so.

LOL they are just now contenders?? They were the best team in basketball last year I also think they will win the Championship Rip once he gels with his team will really help.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:21 PM
I think we are overrating Rip Hamilton around here. He isn't what he used to be.

righteouscool
12-25-2011, 09:22 PM
I think we are overrating Rip Hamilton around here. He isn't what he used to be.

He's also not bogans

Basketball Fan
12-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Bulls won as expected, but LA did better than i expected. Mike Brown has them playing some real defense.

Same here the Lakers always play badly on Christmas ... however if McBob or Pau had made their FTs they would've won.

They played well considering they are without Bynum.

I hate the Bulls so I was hoping the Lakers would pull the upset guess not.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 09:24 PM

or you overvalue Keith Bogans who bar far was the worst starting SG in the league last year. (who BTW isnt playing in the NBA currently)They had the worst SG's in the NBA last year. Getting Rip will really help them he may only be a 15ppg guy now but he is 1000x better than what they had also he doesn't need the ball he is a good fit.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:25 PM
He's also not bogans

Bogans isn't really that bad. Hamilton is better, but not that much better.

IndyHoya
12-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Bulls are more dangerous with Hamilton. But they still have trouble scoring in stretches.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:26 PM
or you overvalue Keith Bogans who bar far was the worst starting SG in the league last year. They had the worst SG's in the NBA last year. Getting Rip will really help them he may only be a 15ppg guy now but he is 1000x better than what they had also he doesn't need the ball he is a good fit.

We'll see come playoff time. The Bulls will be good during the regular season (just like last year), but I'm not convinced that Rip Hamilton is enough to get them past Miami in the East.

flox
12-25-2011, 09:28 PM
LOL they are just now contenders?? They were the best team in basketball last year I also think they will win the Championship Rip once he gels with his team will really help.

last year they were the best team but they didn't have the feel- they looked and played young.

not so much this year.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Agreed. This is a travesty for the Lakers! How could the referees miss such a blatant violation in such a crucial situation??? Conspiracy, conspiracy I say!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_Qka2CQfL04" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IndyHoya
12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
last year they were the best team but they didn't have the feel- they looked and played young.

not so much this year.

They struggled in the playoffs. A big part of that was Boozer and Deng not showing up. Rose had to carry practically the entire scoring load. Deng'll get better. Boozer won't.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 09:38 PM
It may not seem like a sexy acquisition, but it was enough to bump Chicago to my favorite to win it all. I'm hoping for a Chicago-OKC finals, that would be a hell of a series.

Miami is going to look unstoppable for stretches, but they have some issues and I don't really feel like they've improved much from last season. They will be exposed in the playoffs once they face an elite team. I like Chicago better now that they have a legitimate 2 in Rip.

Miami didnt really improve? Haslem is healthy, shane battier signing, norris cole seems to be a good pick up, lebron added a post game, and the big three have already gelled. I think miami is much better this season.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Miami improved their roster, but they match up with Chicago worse than they did last year. The small-ball approach they took will get them killed inside.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Miami improved their roster, but they match up with Chicago worse than they did last year. The small-ball approach they took will get them killed inside.

Has anything changed in either team's front court? Why would that kill them now but worked fine for them last year?

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Has anything changed in either team's front court? Why would that kill them now but worked fine for them last year?

They played LeBron a lot at power forward today. Miami went small pretty much the entire game after the first quarter. They pretty much took their 2011 playbook and burned it. Spolestra is doing a modified version of D'Antoni's offense, which works so long as the other team can't slow you down.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:44 PM
They played LeBron a lot at power forward today. Miami went small pretty much the entire game after the first quarter.

Don't you think that may have been matchup based? Just maybe?

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:45 PM
No. Spoelstra was talking about overhauling the offense since the lockout ended. Supposedly he created an offense based off of the Oregon Ducks football team. This is how Miami's going to play, all season.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:47 PM
No. Spoelstra was talking about overhauling the offense since the lockout ended.

Sooo...you think Boozer is going to punish LeBron then? Or Noah and his limited offensive game are going to punish Bosh?

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:48 PM
I think a lot of power forwards could punish LeBron in the paint over an extended period of time. He doesn't have the size advantage he's used to, and he isn't a straight up shot blocker.

It's an idea that sacrifices Miami's defense for some added firepower.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:49 PM
I think a lot of power forwards could punish LeBron in the paint over an extended period of time.

Why? LeBron is a fantastic defender and it's not like he's smaller than most power forwards.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:51 PM
He doesn't have the size advantage he's used to, and he isn't a straight up shot blocker.

Ehhh...sounds like you are just grasping for straws. I think even if that were to be the case, Spoelstra would just go back to what he knows works against the Bulls. This change in philosophy is probably being overblown and is more situational based than an overall shift in gameplay.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Why? LeBron is a fantastic defender and it's not like he's smaller than most power forwards.

No, but he's not bigger than most either, and he's not the best post defender to begin with. Dallas was getting whatever they wanted today once they settled in and started to attack it properly. It just didn't matter because they were down 35 points.

If LeBron could defend power forwards effectively...he'd be a power forward.

PGisthefuture
12-25-2011, 09:54 PM
Does anybody else think that Nick Collison looks thinner?

pacer4ever
They struggled in the playoffs. A big part of that was Boozer and Deng not showing up. Rose had to carry practically the entire scoring load. Deng'll get better. Boozer won't.

Boozer had turf toe he was atrocious in the playoffs. If healthy he will certainly be better.

cdash
No, but he's not bigger than most either, and he's not the best post defender to begin with. Dallas was getting whatever they wanted today once they settled in and started to attack it properly. It just didn't matter because they were down 35 points.

If LeBron could defend power forwards effectively...he'd be a power forward.

LeBron can guard four positions effectively (he was a nightmare for Darren Collison last year). That doesn't make him anything. His primary position is small forward. It's part of what makes him the best player alive. Thinking guys like Boozer will walk all over him is silly.

Kstat
This change in philosophy is probably being overblown and is more situational based than an overall shift in gameplay.

...they burned their playbook from last season, and overhauled their rotation. I'm not sure how you can overblow that.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:56 PM
LeBron can guard four positions effectively (he was a nightmare for Darren Collison last year). That doesn't make him anything. His primary position is small forward. It's part of what makes him the best player alive. Thinking guys like Boozer will walk all over him is silly.

A lot of players can guard darren collison effectively. Doesn't make them great defenders.

LeBron wouldn't be allowed to guard Boozer in the post, anyway. He'd get help, which is what happened today, which is how Dallas cut a 35-point lead into the teens before lebron and wade got yanked off the floor in garbage time.

LeBron is the best all-around player alive, but he's not god. He's not very good in the post, on either end of the floor. If he plays more like he did today offensively, then ill admit he's a legit post player. But putting him at the 4 opens up pretty big holes in Miami's defense.

cdash
12-25-2011, 09:58 PM
A lot of players can guard darren collison effectively. Doesn't make them great defenders.

LeBron wouldn't be allowed to guard Boozer in the post, anyway. He'd get help, which is what happened today, which is how Dallas cut a 35-point lead into the teens before lebron and wade got yanked off the floor in garbage time.

LeBron is the best all-around player alive, but he's not god.

I can see this isn't going anywhere, so, you're right. I can't wait to eat crow when Chicago beats Miami in the postseason and Detroit makes the playoffs.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 09:59 PM
Yes, because I said the Pistons....wait what?

The best way to let everyone know you've been backed into a corner is to bring up something totally irrelevant to the discussion.

cdash
12-25-2011, 10:04 PM
The best way to let everyone know you've been backed into a corner is to bring up something totally irrelevant to the discussion.

I just love irritating you. It's insanely easy to do.

I'm not backed into a corner--we have a difference of opinion. You made your point, I made mine, and it's not going to change. Burning their playbook and all that is media fodder. You can't tell me that if what they were doing was clearly not working/not going to work that they wouldn't be able to go back to what they did a season ago to right the ship. You brought up LeBron not being "god", which is about as relevent to what we were talking about as me bringing up the Pistons. I never said he was god. I said I don't think he would have a problem guarding power forwards, which I stand by.

Edit: And stop editing your posts. Get it all in the first time. You are making me respond to the same post multiple times.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 10:10 PM
Im sure miami will modify things as needed. Playing small ball with lebron at pf isnt really small ball. He is as big as a lot of pfs in the league. The heat were killing dallas with their speed, going small for a long time made sense. Against chicago we will see more normal line ups, unless the small ball kills them too. Its going to be hard to match miamis speed. You can run a d'antoni offrbse when you have defenders like lebron and wade.

Basketball Fan
12-25-2011, 10:12 PM
Im sure miami will modify things as needed. Playing small ball with lebron at pf isnt really small ball. He is as big as a lot of pfs in the league. The heat were killing dallas with their speed, going small for a long time made sense. Against chicago we will see more normal line ups, unless the small ball kills them too. Its going to be hard to match miamis speed. You can run a d'antoni offrbse when you have defenders like lebron and wade.

The Knicks can win a playoff series with Chandler now but D'Antoni will keep them from ever winning a title.

Dallas could've used him against the Heat today because they looked like the Dallas Mavericks of yore with that lack of defense.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 10:19 PM
Just for reference, lebron is 6'8" 250lbs

David west is 6'9" 240lbs. Tyler hansbrough is 6'9" 250lbs. Taj gibson is 6'9" 226lbs. Boozer is 6'9" 266lbs.

I think lebron has as good of a chance as gaurding boozer as any of those guys. His biggest adjustment will be knowing position to defend the post, and if miami is serious about him playing a lot of minutes at pf, that shouldnt be a problem.

Lebron is a freak of nature physically.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Just for reference, lebron is 6'8" 250lbs

David west is 6'9" 240lbs. Tyler hansbrough is 6'9" 250lbs. Taj gibson is 6'9" 226lbs. Boozer is 6'9" 266lbs.

I think lebron has as good of a chance as gaurding boozer as any of those guys. His biggest adjustment will be knowing position to defend the post, and if miami is serious about him playing a lot of minutes at pf, that shouldnt be a problem.

Lebron is a freak of nature physically.

Boozer is down to 240 now. Josh Smith and Lebron are similar in size IMO and Josh is a solid PF/SF. Josh Smith is probably as close to Lebron that you can find at least size and athletic ability wise.

ilive4sports
12-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Boozer is down to 240 now. Josh Smith and Lebron are similar in size IMO and Josh is a solid PF/SF. Josh Smith is probably as close to Lebron that you can find at least size and athletic ability wise.

So guarding boozer will be even easier. And yeah smith is probably the closest to size and athleticism to lebron.

If miami is getting killed with lebron at pf they will just go to a nornal line up and win that way. Its not like miami sucked last year. They were in the finals.

Kstat
12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Yes, LeBron is a monster post player...except when he's matched up with behemoths like JJ Barea..

...and Josh Smith gets posted up a ton. Teams go right at him instead of letting him defend off the ball.

I just love irritating you. It's insanely easy to do.

Who boasts about their trolling skills?

cdash
12-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Who boasts about their trolling skills?

I'm a legendary troll around these parts. After all, I am a fan of an opposing team that posts on their biggest rival's messageboard. Wait...no?

Edit: I like that you edited that from Trolls ftw? To this quote. Just had to get the right formula in there. FTW.