PDA

View Full Version : Our Next SG? (A Trade Demand is Coming!)

PacerGuy
12-15-2011, 09:29 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kobe-bryant-livid-may-demand-a-trade/104775

Kobe Bryant is livid with the Lakers, and he may demand a trade, Stephen A. Smith said Thursday.

Appearing on SportsCenter, Smith said I predicted that Kobe Bryant will demand a trade, and I am not budging from that. Hes livid. Ive known Kobe too long. He is ticked off.

Its not just because [the Clippers] got Chris Paul, which is a guy that he expected to have. Its because Jim Buss seems to be doing the inexplicable, Smith said. It makes no sense. Its one thing for the team not to have improved [after losing to the Mavericks], its another thing entirely for them to regress. If you know anything about Kobe, that is the last thing that he wants to do.

It will not be pleasant at all.

Reporter Ric Bucher said he would not be surprised if Kobe demands a trade. He added that a GM figured Kobe would demand a trade within a month.

Anyone who finds this report to be shocking doesnt know Kobe very well.

This will end all the EJ talk...
Brian Shaw will make this happen!!!
(Rush, D.Jones & a 1st!) ;)

Pacer Fan
12-15-2011, 09:37 PM
http://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kobe-bryant-livid-may-demand-a-trade/104775

Kobe Bryant is livid with the Lakers, and he may demand a trade, Stephen A. Smith said Thursday.

This will end all the EJ talk...
Brian Shaw will make this happen!!!
(Rush, D.Jones & a 1st!) ;)

Not for 25mil 28mil 30mil left on his contract...that ain't happening!

Scot Pollard
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Keep him out West, but I'd love to see him leave the Lakers and the Lakers become a terrible team.

Even now, the Lakers are slowly fading away from what they were a year or two ago.

MillerTime
12-15-2011, 09:39 PM
There's no way Kobe comes to Indy...no superstar has the b@lls to come to a like Indy and help build a championship team. They always seem happy to go to a ready built team

Shade
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
Haven't we already played out this saga once before?

Pacersalltheway10
12-15-2011, 09:40 PM
We can still absorb most of his contract. We could trade Danny Granger straight up for him but I wouldnt.

pwee31
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Chicago

crunk-juice
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
i thought george was supposed to be better than kobe though?

Sookie
12-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Haven't we already played out this saga once before?

Yea, and the result is they got Pau...*coughHowardcough*

Seriously, I'd be annoyed too..

Young
12-15-2011, 09:47 PM
I won't be surprised if Kobe does demand a trade and I won't blame him either.

Shade
12-15-2011, 09:49 PM
If my team essentially traded Lamar Odom for Josh McRoberts and Troy Murphy, I'd want out, too.

Psyren
12-15-2011, 09:50 PM
I'd be livid too.

Basically all they did was swap Odom for McRoberts. Talk about a major downgrade.

Doddage
12-15-2011, 09:52 PM
...And just like the last time Kobe demanded a trade, he's going to get a star to play next to.

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-lakers.jpg

MillerTime
12-15-2011, 09:54 PM
This is what I've always hated about Kobe...when/if his team does ****, he'll demand a trade (many players do this).

He did this in the past, then they traded for Gasol and got Coach Jackson, and he finally shut up.

Aw Heck
12-15-2011, 09:55 PM
Only place I think that works (a team he would be willing to join and a team that has the pieces to get it done) is Chicago.

LAL Trades: Kobe Bryant, Luke Walton

CHI trades: Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer, Ronnie Brewer, picks

The question is, if you're Chicago, do you use these pieces to get Kobe or do you wait until the summer to try a sign-and-trade for Howard?

PacerGuy
12-15-2011, 10:06 PM

I know, thus the ";)", but to you point, where does Kobe think he can go?
No way LA would trade him to another Western rival, so:
-CHI: Deng/Boozer
-ORL: Howard/Filler
-NJN: Lopez, 5 1st's (like offered for Howard)
-ATL: J.Johnson/J.Smith
-IN: Danny/DC/Picks (had to do it!)

The ATL option is interesting, don't see LA going for CHI, but there are little options. As stated, too bad he would never entertain coming here, then again I'm not really upset about that either.

PacerGuy
12-15-2011, 10:07 PM
We can still absorb most of his contract. We could trade Danny Granger straight up for him but I wouldnt.

:rolleyes:

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 10:10 PM
I'd be livid too.

Basically all they did was swap Odom for McRoberts. Talk about a major downgrade.

Thats not true, the also swapped Shannon Brown for Jason Kapono

12-15-2011, 10:10 PM

Bull.

The Pacers would recoup it in merchandise and jersey sales.

Sandman21
12-15-2011, 10:11 PM
I'm REALLY liking the Jim Buss ownership era now!

Basketball Fan
12-15-2011, 10:13 PM
This is what I've always hated about Kobe...when/if his team does ****, he'll demand a trade (many players do this).

He did this in the past, then they traded for Gasol and got Coach Jackson, and he finally shut up.

Phil Jackson was already there though when that took place.

However if it worked last time why not try it again?

(Seriously I don't think any of this is true only because he hasn't even gone on radio and said he wanted a trade you know like the last time he actually demanded one and was played ad nauseum. That and he has only a few years left won't be nearly as effective a demand he knows that).

Psyren
12-15-2011, 10:14 PM
Thats not true, the also swapped Shannon Brown for Jason Kapono

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM

I was joking, playing off how they got worse in the offseason, should've put it in green text

Basketball Fan
12-15-2011, 10:20 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/u8MyRDvK7XA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah this is what I figured he wasn't going to demand a trade...

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-15-2011, 10:20 PM
I have ZERO interest in trading for Kobe. ZERO.

CableKC
12-15-2011, 10:25 PM
...And just like the last time Kobe demanded a trade, he's going to get a star to play next to.

http://cdn.jockpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/dwight-howard-lakers.jpg
This.

Although the Magic said that they have pulled Dwight off the table....it's just code word for "Mr.Buss, offer more than you are offering now if you want Dwight".

Eleazar
12-15-2011, 10:27 PM

Agreed, first off he is starting to get up there in age, he was drafted in 1996 afterall.

PacersHomer
12-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Back home to Philly!

Don't think they have anyone to trade for him. He won't get traded, and I don't see Dwight Howard being traded this year either.

beast23
12-15-2011, 10:47 PM
Agreed. Trading just about every good player we have just to get Kobe is about the dumbest thing the Pacers could do.

bambam
12-16-2011, 12:53 AM

Even if it meant 1 Championship in next 3yrs?

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-16-2011, 01:39 AM
Even if it meant 1 Championship in next 3yrs?

Even if by some miracle that hypothetical situation were to happen, HELL NO.

bambam
12-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Even if by some miracle that hypothetical situation were to happen, HELL NO.

Guess I should of mentioned I wouldnt do it either. It was my first thought when the question was asked. There is some little voice in the back of your head that thinks is there a little chance of a championship. But, I really do love our team. Bird/Morway have done a great job molding the Pacers roster.

Sollozzo
12-16-2011, 10:04 AM
That Odom trade was just surreal. It has to be one of the dumbest moves in recent NBA history. Who just gives a rival the 6th man of the year without getting anything in return? I don't care how disgruntled Odom was or that he demanded a trade. They should have just told him to shut up and get back out there and play. If he refused to play then fine, just bench him. That's better than handing him over to a rival and getting nothing back. At least try to trade him for another human being who plays basketball.

I don't blame Kobe one bit for being upset. The Lakers are THIN right now. When Bynum inevitably goes down then it's going to be Kobe, Gasol, and a bunch of bums. Odom was so important for them, especially when Bynum went out. Odom would fill in and they would barely miss a beat.