PDA

View Full Version : West and Pendergraph not expected to play friday(Mike Wells update)

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Pendergraph having knee issues is worrisome, counting on him and Jeff to stay healthy for a whole season is a hard thing to do.

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
David West and Jeff Pendergraph are the only two players not expected to play in the Pacers preseason opener vs Chicago on Friday.

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Bringing West along slowly and Pendergraph is dealing with knee problems. I take it u didn't read http://indystar.com 2day bout West?

neosmndrew
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
I'm not going to be in town until Thursday, so I'll live. I'd be shocked if either of them miss the regular season opener.

swifty1812
12-15-2011, 04:33 PM
Pendergraph showing knee issues makes me start to worry more about our Depth at PF/C. Is there anyone out there that would be a cheap sign for depth?

Lance George
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Pendergraph's pointy head/haircut upsets me.

PR07
12-15-2011, 05:07 PM
I feel like the team is probably still going to bring another proven big body in or at least they'd be wise to. With Foster's balky back and Pendergraph and West's knees, it seems logical.

PacersHomer
12-15-2011, 05:09 PM
Busts! Way to go, Larry!

Eleazar
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
It isn't surprising that he is dealing with knee problems at this point, in fact I would be more surprised if he wasn't. We defiantly need another strong back-up C.

Anthem
12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
It isn't surprising that he is dealing with knee problems at this point, in fact I would be more surprised if he wasn't. We defiantly need another strong back-up C.
Agreed. Neither of these things bother me, but we're one Feisty sore back away from having two servicable bigs.

Scot Pollard
12-15-2011, 05:55 PM
Not a preseason game! :onozomg:

BlueNGold
12-15-2011, 05:58 PM
Agreed. Neither of these things bother me, but we're one Feisty sore back away from having two servicable bigs.

When you say two bigs, who do you mean? Hibbert and Hans? Hans isn't big enough to backup Roy at C. We only have Roy Hibbert. Granger can probably backup the PF position and so can Posey. Just ask JOb.

Sandman21
12-15-2011, 06:00 PM
Posey aint here anymore man.

gummy
12-15-2011, 06:04 PM
OK, I'm finally sold on the "we need a third center" thing now if Pendergraph is having active knee issues already.

BlueNGold
12-15-2011, 06:09 PM
Posey aint here anymore man.

Oh yeh. I recall him being amnesty'ed. I just saw him on Yahoo:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/ind/roster

Ozwalt72
12-15-2011, 06:19 PM
This made me wonder where Ol' Courtney Sims was.

The answer's Latvia.

Freddie fan
12-15-2011, 06:21 PM

We'll just play small ball. Sure, Dahntay might have a little trouble defending the 5s, but think of how much trouble they'll have in defending him!

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 06:24 PM
We'll just play small ball. Sure, Dahntay might have a little trouble defending the 5s, but think of how much trouble they'll have in defending him!

Yeah but he can't stretch the floor, duh...

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Here is a list of the centers that are free agents:

Hilton Armstrong
Jason Collins
Dalembert
Dampier
Fesenko
Ryan Hollins
Solo
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Troy Murphy
Steve Novak
Leon Powe
Josh Powell
Theo Ratliff
Jason Smith
Etan Thomas

edit: I wouldn't mind signing Jason Smith, he is a decent back up.

CableKC
12-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Here is a list of the centers that are free agents:

Hilton Armstrong
Jason Collins
Dalembert
Dampier
Fesenko
Ryan Hollins
Solo
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga
Troy Murphy
Steve Novak
Leon Powe
Josh Powell
Theo Ratliff
Jason Smith
Etan Thomas

edit: I wouldn't mind signing Jason Smith, he is a decent back up.
I would add Reggie Evans to that list...and nominate him as the guy to go after. Foster and Reggie Evans backing up Hibbert? We don't have to worry about our offensive Rebounding for the next year.

Psyren
12-15-2011, 07:09 PM
I would add Reggie Evans to that list...and nominate him as the guy to go after. Foster and Reggie Evans backing up Hibbert? We don't have to worry about our offensive Rebounding for the next year.

Agreed.

I'm nominate Evans as the primary target as well.

Guy can't play offense to save his life, but he's a rebounding machine and a pretty good defender.

Pacer Fan
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Dalembert 7 - 8 mil - 1 yr. He may not want to do a 1 yr. but it's worth trying.
I have always thought that we need a skilled big to share minutes with Roy. Roy is only going to play 24 to 29 minutes a game and if he gets in foul trouble it's gonna be bad. Foster will be lucky to get 30 games in with the schedule this year and his back. I think Pacers would be better off with Sam then Crawford or Mayo in the long run due to the season the team faces. Sam is a really good rebounder and would be perfect, I know he has skill issue, but he wouldn't be our starter. He could dominate most second units and his presence alone would help the rest of the guys in the second unit.

tadscout
12-15-2011, 07:19 PM
Pendergraph is recovering from a knee injury just like West... I imagine they are just taking the same precautions with him as they are with West.

Anthem
12-15-2011, 07:24 PM
Pendergraph is recovering from a knee injury just like West... I imagine they are just taking the same precautions with him as they are with West.
And I'm glad they are.

But we still need to pick up another decent big man.

Trade, FA signing, draft. Don't care. But we need one more guy.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 07:30 PM

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
Bringing West along slowly and Pendergraph is dealing with knee problems. I take it u didn't read http://indystar.com 2day bout West?

Read the highlighted part, "dealing with knee problems" is way different than "getting in basketball shape"

tadscout
12-15-2011, 07:33 PM
Read the highlighted part, "dealing with knee problems" is way different than "getting in basketball shape"

It's Mike Wells ;) - taking precautions to get in game shape b/c of his knee very well may = knee problems to him.

CreekShow
12-15-2011, 07:37 PM
I know hes only had 1 season, but for the amount of minutes he played, Pendergraph seems to be almost as good of a rebounder as Reggie Evans. I dont see why we would sign Pendergraph if we were wanting to go after another back-up C. Its still early, IMO you gotta wait and see how Pendergraph is gonna hold up as a 3rd string. If he turns out to be a problem, sure go after someone to cover those minutes, but why waste money when the season hasnt even started. We arent even sure this rotation wont work out

BlueNGold
12-15-2011, 07:54 PM

Dealing with knee problems is something he should be done with after a year and a half of rehab. Very worrisome for an energy guy in particular. I know Larry is taking his time, but we had better find another big body quick. I don't ever want to see Tyler Hansborough playing C...but I'm afraid we might see that.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Dealing with knee problems is something he should be done with after a year and a half of rehab. Very worrisome for an energy guy in particular. I know Larry is taking his time, but we had better find another big body quick. I don't ever want to see Tyler Hansborough playing C...but I'm afraid we might see that.

I think we will, Vogel said he was going to play Tyler and West together at times.

tadscout
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds like I was right...

@hjsportsed
@mikewellsnba Is Pendergraph's knee issue new or continuation of last year's injury?

@MikeWellsNBA
@hjsportsed from last year's injury

There is a big difference between rehab - practice - and game speed. A player coming off a knee injury should take it gradually. If the Pacers didn't do so - most complaining about it - I imagine would be calling our trainers inept if one of them got hurt coming back to soon.

D-BONE
12-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Fair enough, but then should we be counting on him to provide legitimate rotational contribution this season? If so, by what point will he be at acceptable speed to help us out? Our inside depth needs more attention pronto.

swifty1812
12-16-2011, 10:34 AM
I would almost say sign Solo to a Min contract, just to use him for filler.

tadscout
12-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I would almost say sign Solo to a Min contract, just to use him for filler.

I'd rather have one of our D-leaguers! (we still have 3 of them in camp that can play the 4/5)

Justin Tyme
12-16-2011, 11:29 AM
I'd rather have one of our D-leaguers! (we still have 3 of them in camp that can play the 4/5)

So would I. How many games was it b4 Solo got his 1st rebound? 3rd b/u needs some skills besides being just a warm body, and rebounding is one of those skills. No thanks to Solo.

tadscout
12-16-2011, 11:32 AM
So would I. How many games was it b4 Solo got his 1st rebound? 3rd b/u needs some skills besides being just a warm body, and rebounding is one of those skills. No thanks to Solo.

I remember multiple times were opposing guards would dislodge him from the post (he would fly like 3-5 feet out of position - Grant Hill got him completely off the court), for rebounds.

tora tora
12-16-2011, 11:33 AM
Bring back Josh Powell.

Justin Tyme
12-16-2011, 11:35 AM
I must admit after reading about Pendergraph I'n really disappointed he won't be playing tonight, especially when seeing West wouldn't play tonight, I was really wanting to get to see Pendergraph play. I just hope his health issue isn't that serious.

Justin Tyme
12-16-2011, 11:38 AM
Bring back Josh Powell.

He had some decent play with the Lakers a few years ago, but he isn't what I want as a b/u Center.

Anthem
12-16-2011, 03:01 PM
Bring Dampier back and call it a day.