PDA

View Full Version : How do you try League Pass for free?

glazedham42
12-15-2011, 11:23 AM
On NBA.com it says that there is a free preview for League Pass thru January 8th. But the only choices on the League Pass page are to purchase it. I don't see any option for trying the free preview. Is it one of those deals where you just sign up and give them your credit card info, and if you don't like it you have until the 8th to cancel it before being charged?

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

I'd like to try league pass this year, but I've never used it before. I want to be sure my internet service is fast enough to support it before I start paying. I'd hate to pay for league pass only to have it be garbled and slow because my internet can't keep up.

How does the free trial work? Anyone know?

aero
12-15-2011, 11:28 AM
I'd image if you're a cable or satellite subscriber it will automatically show up for you.

I'm a directv subscriber. So all of the games show up like they would if i were a League Pass subscriber rather then a "channel not purchased" screen. After Jan 8th than I will get that screen if i dont subscribe to LP.

As for LP broadband im not sure that is included in the "free preview"

FrenchConnection
12-15-2011, 11:29 AM
On NBA.com it says that there is a free preview for League Pass thru January 8th. But the only choices on the League Pass page are to purchase it. I don't see any option for trying the free preview. Is it one of those deals where you just sign up and give them your credit card info, and if you don't like it you have until the 8th to cancel it before being charged?

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

I'd like to try league pass this year, but I've never used it before. I want to be sure my internet service is fast enough to support it before I start paying. I'd hate to pay for league pass only to have it be garbled and slow because my internet can't keep up.

How does the free trial work? Anyone know?

You will have to wait for the games to start.

glazedham42
12-15-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't have any kind of TV service. I was going to do the broadband option that lets you stream the games online....

ballism
12-15-2011, 11:46 AM
just register and watch. once the trial ends, you won't be able to log into your account without paying.

ejwallace
12-15-2011, 11:54 AM
I was also wondering about this. I literally just contacted Dish Network about the "Free Preview" and was told that it is NOT available through Dish. This could be just a scripted response from an uninformed operator, but we'll just have to wait and see....

ballism
12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
i'm not sure what's dish network. But there seem to be no problems with the NBA pass in that link. It took me literally less than a minute to get it.
Just click "Start watching", create an account, and you are watching.
You just have to wait for games.

Trophy
12-15-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure during their free promo everything is free. That includes broadband.

Wait for the games to start.