PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffen & Jordan react to CP3 Trade

granger33
12-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Wow...Blake doesnt seem to concerned about losing Gordon lol.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/12/14/11/Raw-video-Blake-Griffin-and-DeAndre-Jord/landing_clippers.html?blockID=626930&feedID=3661

Sookie
12-15-2011, 01:15 AM
well..he got Chris Paul..

Day-V
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
well..he got Chris Paul..

Still. You don't react that way to losing a teammate. Especially one of your better ones. At least not in public.

That's just bad karma.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
I thought he would be bummed Mo Williams isn't his pg anymore

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Still. You don't react that way to losing a teammate. Especially one of your better ones. At least not in public.

That's just bad karma.

Agreed.

I'm actually kinda bummed for the trade. I go to Clipper games as often as I can and Gordon was always fun to watch. Not saying Paul-Griffin won't be more exciting, but I'd rather not have to pay more to go to the games. Now Clipper tickets are going to cost even more, boo.

Day-V
12-15-2011, 01:34 AM
How's Blake going to feel next year if he's traded to Orlando for Dwight Howard, and there's a video of CP3 and DeAndre Jordan acting like this when they find out? I can't imagine he'd be too happy about it.

pacer4ever
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
See Gordon's reaction he is really disappointed you can tell I feel for the guy Clippers are a ****** organization doing Eric like that and telling EJ he was untouchable I know its a business but don't do that to your players just say they are all trade able if the right offer comes along. That would be like us trading for Dwight and trading Danny to ORL so he could rebuild again. EJ had been through all the rough times and they just were turning the corner when they go back on there word and trade EJ. I feel for EJ. But I think in the long run it will work out. If Demps can draft NOLA can be a power house in a few years.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/12/15/20111214_GT_NOL_Trade_analysis_v2.nba

Sorry fixed it now it is the right video
1:54

Frostwolf
12-15-2011, 01:40 AM
they get minny's pick, so gordon can get a nice big to play with him next year.

Isaac
12-15-2011, 01:44 AM
See Gordon's reaction he is really disappointed you can tel

How? Is he even in that clip? If he is you definitely don't see his reaction.

granger33
12-15-2011, 01:47 AM

His on an Interview on NBA.com...seems really upset

Day-V
12-15-2011, 01:47 AM

it's on nba.com. He uses the word "tough" 4 times in a 6 second span, it seems.

He's taking it pretty hard.

granger33
12-15-2011, 01:49 AM
I think Hornets probably have the worst roster along with Cleveland. They are in for some tough years

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 01:50 AM
See Gordon's reaction he is really disappointed you can tell I feel for the guy Clippers are a ****** organization doing Eric like that and telling EJ he was untouchable I know its a business but don't do that to your players just say they are all trade able if the right offer comes along. That would be like us trading for Dwight and trading Danny to ORL so he could rebuild again. EJ had been through all the rough times and they just were turning the corner when they go back on there word and trade EJ. I feel for EJ. But I think in the long run it will work out. If Demps can draft NOLA can be a power house in a few years.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/12/14/20111214_stern_on_no_deal_and_deal.nba/

It's Donald Sterling, he doesn't care about anything except making money, he sees Blake as his gravy train and wants to surround him with players to make their games a highlight reel. Eric Gordon got no respect from the organization when he was playing there, everything was 100% Blake.

That's just my opinion though that I've gotten from living in the LA area and going to Clipper games at least.

pacer4ever
12-15-2011, 02:02 AM
I think Hornets probably have the worst roster along with Cleveland. They are in for some tough years

yes 2 or 3 rough years but if they draft well they should be an OKC type rising team in a few years. Again that is only if they draft well defiantly have a better shot at a title than they would of if they took the LA deal and just kept competing for 8th the next 5+ years.

granger33
12-15-2011, 02:05 AM
yes 2 or 3 rough years but if they draft well they should be an OKC type rising team in a few years. Again that is only if they draft well defiantly have a better shot at a title than they would of if they took the LA deal and just kept competing for 8th the next 5+ years.

Yeh definitely. This deal makes there future brighter then the Proposed Lakers deal would have.

tadscout
12-15-2011, 02:11 AM

The :bobcats: beg to differ...

Will Galen
12-15-2011, 02:27 AM

Exactly!

Fact is, I believe there are probably quite a few pacer fans on here feeling sorry for Gordon, and how the Clippers have done him wrong, yet they have been advocating doing the same to Granger, under pretty much the same scenario.

neosmndrew
12-15-2011, 02:28 AM
I had completely forgotten about Caron Butler... A lineup of DAJ/CP3/Griffin/Butler.. if they can find themselves a decent SG (CAN YOU SAY BRANDON RUSH FOR A FUTURE 1ST?!?!?!), they are a top 4 team in the west.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-15-2011, 03:12 AM
I don't care if the Hornets lose every game, but a part of me really wants them to beat the Clippers every single time they play them. Go off, EJ. Just go off.

QuickRelease
12-15-2011, 07:41 AM
(CAN YOU SAY BRANDON RUSH FOR A FUTURE 1ST)

:lmao:

glazedham42
12-15-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah, I will definitely watch the first Clippers/Hornets game this year. EJ is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder the size of the grand canyon.

ballism
12-15-2011, 08:00 AM
I had completely forgotten about Caron Butler... A lineup of DAJ/CP3/Griffin/Butler.. if they can find themselves a decent SG (CAN YOU SAY BRANDON RUSH FOR A FUTURE 1ST?!?!?!), they are a top 4 team in the west.

they'll play Mo Williams at 2. They've got Billups and Bledsoe at backup point, so no reason to keep Mo on the bench.
Caron, Paul and Mo can all shoot, pass and drive so they'll just shoot 3s all day long and pound the ball inside to Blake. Mo is not big but it's not like they were going to be a defensive team with Blake always 5 seconds late to return on defense.
Unless you can get someone who's not just a better fit but also one of the better shooting guards in the league, it would be silly to not play Mo.

They just need D'Antoni now.

ballism
12-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I will definitely watch the first Clippers/Hornets game this year. EJ is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder the size of the grand canyon.

heh. and he'll score 50 because there's noone to defend him on the Clippers.
Come to think of it, Kobe vs. Clippers will be even more fun. And the Clippers vs.Heat could be ridiculous, how are they going to even pretend to defend that backcourt?

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 08:06 AM
Exactly!

Fact is, I believe there are probably quite a few pacer fans on here feeling sorry for Gordon, and how the Clippers have done him wrong, yet they have been advocating doing the same to Granger, under pretty much the same scenario.

For Dhoward or any superstar? Hell yeah I would pack Danny's a** to Whatever city and never look back.

glazedham42
12-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Darn, they don't play each other until March 22nd.

Trader Joe
12-15-2011, 08:53 AM
Still trying to wrap my head around this, the Clippers traded the best young SG in the game, and one of the best two way guards in the whole league, gutted the rest of their team, and sent a lottery pick for a PG who has never really taken his team anywhere. I don't get it. I like Paul and he is exciting to watch, but people like Magic Johnson saying the Clippers could win the West now? Absolutely insane.

Slick Pinkham
12-15-2011, 09:47 AM
the Clippers traded the best young SG in the game, and one of the best two way guards in the whole league, gutted the rest of their team, and sent a lottery pick for a PG who has never really taken his team anywhere. I don't get it.

Gordon and the pick was a lot to give up, but how did they gut the rest of their team?

They had picked Jordan over Kamen, and needed to trade Kamen anyway for monetary reasons.

Aminu may become something, but it's hard to see how 5 points a game and 39% shooting isn't just another guy with some potential due to his athleticism, and repacing him with Caron Butler is a huge upgrade, if Butler gets healthy.

The only real issue is the hole at 2-guard, and I understand that the initial plan is to play Billups there. He has two guard skills (recall he came into the league as the opposite of a pure PG).

Major Cold
12-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Still trying to wrap my head around this, the Clippers traded the best young SG in the game, and one of the best two way guards in the whole league, gutted the rest of their team, and sent a lottery pick for a PG who has never really taken his team anywhere. I don't get it. I like Paul and he is exciting to watch, but people like Magic Johnson saying the Clippers could win the West now? Absolutely insane.

And then you have Chris Sheridan who says the Hornets nor the Clippers will make the playoffs.

Blake>>West
10-11 Hornets=7th seed

I think they are a lock for the 7th or better.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Of course BG is happy, he has a better point guard to throw him alley-opps and other fancy passes to make him look good. Griffin unfairly made an all-star game as a rookie just because of highlight-reel dunks. Now he is going have even more dunk highlights. Eric had just as good a year as Blake, yet the media gave Griffin the push

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 10:05 AM

Who cares if you are gutting your team for CP3? you are getting the best point guard in the game a guy who can make scrubs look amazing just the same way Nash and Dwill do, a future hall of famer for a bunch of players that are not going to be as good as him is a non brainer.

Cactus Jax
12-15-2011, 10:08 AM
The Hornets aren't making the playoffs.

graphic-er
12-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow classless Clipper Organization. Classless reaction from Griffin and Jordan. I'll be sure to boo the Clippers extra loud this year at Conseco. I hope we stomp them.

Sucks for Gordon because he goes to another team with a crappy organization and leadership. I hope Larry is able to save him next year and bring him home. EJ would be thrilled I'm sure.

Ace E.Anderson
12-15-2011, 10:49 AM

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/12/15/20111214_GT_NOL_Trade_analysis_v2.nba

Sorry fixed it now it is the right video

This is a BUSINESS. He got traded for a far superior player. He should be a professional, get over it, and move on. 90% of the players in the league have gone through the same thing. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest bit.

As for Griffins reaction, who wouldn't want to play with a potential future hall of famer? I think people are reading into this way too much.

FrenchConnection
12-15-2011, 10:52 AM
This is a BUSINESS. He got traded for a far superior player. He should be a professional, get over it, and move on. 90% of the players in the league have gone through the same thing. I don't feel bad for him in the slightest bit.

As for Griffins reaction, who wouldn't want to play with a potential future hall of famer? I think people are reading into this way too much.

No, the Clippers have traded the greatest player in NBA history. And hurt his feelings too.

Scot Pollard
12-15-2011, 11:01 AM
The Clippers will be at least 6th in the West this season.

Making the playoffs for the 4th time in their history. About time they put together a decent team.

ejwallace
12-15-2011, 11:06 AM

I tend to agree with this comment. While it is not a happy day for the players that have to move on to a new team, this is life in the NBA. Look at Lamar Odem. He got all butt hurt because he was supposed to be in the first deal for CP3, and when that deal was nixed, he marched in and asked to be traded for feeling disrespected....

I think that the reaction you are seeing from Griffin is his initial reaction to hearing CP3 is going to be a Clipper. At one point, you hear him ask who they traded for him. He hasn't had time to process who they were going to lose, or how it will affect the team. It is simply a happy reaction for landing an amazing player....

Would you prefer it if he was all sad and mopey about losing EJ and the others? Would it be better if he publicly complained like Kobe is doing about losing Odem?? TBH I would rather see a player excited about where the team is headed and the changes being made, rather than hear Kobe talk about being a worse team than last year because Lamar got traded. It puts a whole different spin on things.

PacersHomer
12-15-2011, 11:28 AM
Sack up, Eric. It's a business.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-15-2011, 11:39 AM
Would you prefer it if he was all sad and mopey about losing EJ and the others? Would it be better if he publicly complained like Kobe is doing about losing Odem?? TBH I would rather see a player excited about where the team is headed and the changes being made, rather than hear Kobe talk about being a worse team than last year because Lamar got traded. It puts a whole different spin on things.

Kobe only said he didn't like the trade, and can you blame him? They traded their sixth man for nothing in return to the team that swept them in last year's playoffs. As for the rest of the interview, and saying they got worse, it was Kobe's dry humor.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/c71Kqyvunuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would prefer at least an ounce of professionalism from Griffin. I understand he's excited, I'm not saying he should mourn over EJ departure. Like in most occasions, the answer is probably a happy medium. Not jumping around saying "lob city" like when you get picked to the better team in a pick-up game at the Y. Shows a lack of maturity, IMO. This is the same guy who said "pause" on live TV.

Trophy
12-15-2011, 11:45 AM

That's just bad karma.

The Clippers definitely had their share of bad karma.

Wage
12-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Sack up, Eric. It's a business.

Seriously? In two months if he is still moping about it then sure, but the guy was obviously upset in an interview taken hours after the news he was traded. I think that's a pretty fair reaction for him to have.

I realize hindsight is 20/20 and all that, but if the Clips don't do that absolutely horrible Baron Davis trade, there is a pretty good chance EJ is still on the team. That would be a scary core coming up together.

31andonly
12-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Kaman looks like a serial killer in that video...

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Griffin unfairly made an all-star game as a rookie just because of highlight-reel dunks.

What are you smoking?

Unfairly made the All Star game? The guy averaged 22 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists per game. The guy lead his team in ASSISTS, as a rookie power forward. Most rookie point guards can't do that. He made the All Star team because he's one hell of a player. There was nothing unfair about it. That's one of the silliest things I have ever read on here.

tennymf
12-15-2011, 12:45 PM
Kaman looks like a serial killer in that video...

Kaman looks like a serial killer in every video I've ever seen of him.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-15-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Kaman eats live alligators or something. Something is just off about that dude.

trey
12-15-2011, 01:07 PM
I tend to agree with this comment. While it is not a happy day for the players that have to move on to a new team, this is life in the NBA. Look at Lamar Odem. He got all butt hurt because he was supposed to be in the first deal for CP3, and when that deal was nixed, he marched in and asked to be traded for feeling disrespected....

I think that the reaction you are seeing from Griffin is his initial reaction to hearing CP3 is going to be a Clipper. At one point, you hear him ask who they traded for him. He hasn't had time to process who they were going to lose, or how it will affect the team. It is simply a happy reaction for landing an amazing player....

I disagree with this. I don't think it would have been hard for him, especially considering the job he has, to just react neutrally. The reaction that he had is sure to upset his former teammates, I know for sure it would upset me. It's just unprofessional to jump and laugh and smile about your friends getting traded. There's no problem with him having that reaction in private, but don't do it in public with cameras rolling.

ejwallace
12-15-2011, 01:24 PM
I disagree with this. I don't think it would have been hard for him, especially considering the job he has, to just react neutrally. The reaction that he had is sure to upset his former teammates, I know for sure it would upset me. It's just unprofessional to jump and laugh and smile about your friends getting traded. There's no problem with him having that reaction in private, but don't do it in public with cameras rolling.

Well, you have to understand, they were on a "Holiday bus ride" with season ticket holders. This includes the people that got traded. That is why the cameras were there, and you can see that he hadn't heard word of the trade until Jordan called him over to tell him. He was excited. That is all....I am also sure that in the next few days, he will apologize for acting so happy....

Kraut N Beer
12-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Chris Kaman looks more and more like Chris Caveman with each progressing year.

Eleazar
12-15-2011, 02:29 PM

People seem to overvalue star PGs in this league. You aren't going to win in the playoffs when your team is built around a PG. There are exceptions, 90's Pistons, but it is rare. PG by its nature is more about being a glue guy, than being the main guy.

AesopRockOn
12-15-2011, 03:37 PM
The Clippers definitely had their share of bad karma.

His name is Donald Sterling.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 03:58 PM
That would be like us trading for Dwight and trading Danny to ORL so he could rebuild again. EJ had been through all the rough times and they just were turning the corner when they go back on there word and trade EJ.

ok....this is why owners hire basketball people and not fans to run their basketball teams.

I feel bad for EJ, and I don't know what was said to him previously, but if Chris Paul is available, he can suck it up and get the **** over it....it's Chris Paul.

I can imagine Bird or Pritchard or whoever is in charge trying to explain it to his boss after word spreads that Indiana could have had Howard for Granger and Hibbert, and he passed.

well...Danny has been here through so many bad seasons, and I just promised him we wouldn't trade him! I felt so guilty I just couldn't do the trade!

Simon's first move would be to fire his entire front office, and the second would be to hire an actual adult that didn't let personal feelings get in the way of doing his job.

30 out of 30 NBA teams would have traded Gordon for Paul, including the Pacers. The NBA is a business. If you have a chance to drastically improve your roster, you do it, or you go find another profession.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with what the Clippers did. Every GM lies. Players lie to GMs. It's about doing what's best for you and your profession.

neosmndrew
12-15-2011, 04:24 PM
they'll play Mo Williams at 2. They've got Billups and Bledsoe at backup point, so no reason to keep Mo on the bench.
Caron, Paul and Mo can all shoot, pass and drive so they'll just shoot 3s all day long and pound the ball inside to Blake. Mo is not big but it's not like they were going to be a defensive team with Blake always 5 seconds late to return on defense.
Unless you can get someone who's not just a better fit but also one of the better shooting guards in the league, it would be silly to not play Mo.

They just need D'Antoni now.

I googled Mo Williams and the first 10 things that came up were articles about him most likely being Amnestied. This gives them cap room... but to sign whom? JCraw is off the table... They are going to have to take some salary on in order to make them a complete team, but I think even a MLE type SG can make them at least a playoff team.

Look at it this way. They are on a very similar to the Bulls of last year.

DAJ < Noah
Blake Griffin > Boozer
Butler ~~ Deng
Paul ~~ Rose (debateable)
Any SG they could scrap together == Keith Bogans.

They won't quite have the Bench Chicago has, but I see them as a 45 win team this year.

(~~ means roughly equal)

Kstat
12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Billups is going to play the 2, with Foye backing up both spots until Bledeoe returns.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm guessing the Clips bid another couple million on travis outlaw.

neosmndrew
12-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm not sure I like Billups as a shooting guard. A lot of his shots are pull-up, and I have never noticed him to be a catch-and-shoot type of player, though I admittedly haven't seen him play that much.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 04:30 PM
30 out of 30 NBA teams would have traded Gordon for Paul, including the Pacers

Yeah I'm not sure about that, Pacers FO is known for falling in love with players, I don't see that happening.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Billups can catch and shoot. He also defends the 2 better than he defends the 1.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 04:37 PM
What are you smoking?

Unfairly made the All Star game? The guy averaged 22 points, 12 rebounds and 4 assists per game. The guy lead his team in ASSISTS, as a rookie power forward. Most rookie point guards can't do that. He made the All Star team because he's one hell of a player. There was nothing unfair about it. That's one of the silliest things I have ever read on here.

Stop drinking the media look aid. How many games did BG help his team win again? Don't give me his stat line bs. Monta Ellis was top 5 in scoring and didn't make the AS team. BG got a media push by the NBA. If he was that great of a player, the Clippers would've made the playoffs. In 4 years Demarcus Cousins will be better than BG

Kstat
12-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Stop drinking the media look aid. How many games did BG help his team win again? Don't give me his stat line bs. Monta Ellis was top 5 in scoring and didn't make the AS team. BG got a media push by the NBA. If he was that great of a player, the Clippers would've made the playoffs. In 4 years Demarcus Cousins will be better than BG

:rotflmao:

%51 shooting

23points

12 rebounds

4 assists

IN HIS FIRST NBA SEASON....

"media hype" indeed... :laugh:

FYI: Cousins's first NBA season:

%43 shooting

14 points

9 rebounds

2.5 assists

yeah...he's going to be good, but he isn't catch blake griffin anytime this century.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 04:45 PM

%51 shooting

23points

12 rebounds

4 assists

%43 shooting

14 points

9 rebounds

2.5 assists

yeah...he's going to be good, but he isn't catch blake griffin anytime this century.

What's going to happen to BG when he loses his hops and explosion? Cousins will be here for the long haul.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 04:46 PM

I'm not drinking media Kool Aid, I actually watch games. I would guess I watched 30-40 Clippers games last year, and I will probably watch all of them this year with Chris Paul on the team now. Blake Griffin is a top notch scorer, rebounder and as good as a PF can be at ball handling and passing. In a way that makes McRoberts handles and passing look pedestrian, but people here go ga-ga for Josh's skills. Blake also has a decent jump shot and even shot 30% from 3 last year. It's not all about dunking.

Funny you claim Demarcus Cousins will be better than Blake, but dog Blake for his team record last year. How did those Kings do? :laugh: Cousins will be lucky to be better than Blake was last year, let alone period as Blake figures out how to play NBA level defense which is his only weakness.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 04:48 PM
What's going to happen to BG when he loses his hops and explosion? Cousins will be here for the long haul.

Really? We're going to worry about what will happen down the road to a guy coming off his rookie season when he starts physically declining sometime around the turn of the next decade?

Did you somehow miss that Blake is also one of the biggest and strongest PFs in the NBA, and he can shoot the ball out to 10 feet? Are we just assuming he'll never become a better shooter? Did you watch Karl Malone his rookie season?

pacer4ever
12-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Again I will say I have no issue with them trading Eric it is just how they went about it. All last year they preached he and DJ was untouchable and they would be part of the core that made the Clippers good again. Plus after all that they were in the process of extending him WHILE THEY TRADE HIM!! I just think the GM handled the whole thing wrong no doubt CP3 is more marketable and better for business. But dont tell the player you wont trade him. It wouldn't even be like Larry trading Danny because to my knowledge Larry has never said he wouldn't trade Danny. He says any player is trade able if it makes the team better. I just wish the Clippers would of done the same.

I just hope he doesnt break down CP3 has a bad knee and could break down that is an awful lot to give up. But w/o a doubt will pay off just because CP3 is marketable. I still feel that they gave up to much CP3 could of went there in free agency next year for nothing I just think it was the wrong move.

pacer4ever
12-15-2011, 04:50 PM

%51 shooting

23points

12 rebounds

4 assists

%43 shooting

14 points

9 rebounds

2.5 assists

Plus his jumper got better as the season went along by next year he will have a David West like 15ft jumper and I even think he will get a 3pt shot like Kevin Love has he is a complete offensive player.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 04:57 PM

%51 shooting

23points

12 rebounds

4 assists

%43 shooting

14 points

9 rebounds

2.5 assists

you conveniently left out Blake Griffin's lousy 69% FT. I'm not saying that Blake can't ball, but he isn't as good as the media would like everybody to think. It was a joke that he made the AS game as a rookie. BG is no LBJ, and even Lebron didn't make the game as a rookie.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 05:02 PM
you conveniently left out Blake Griffin's lousy 69% FT. I'm not saying that Blake can't ball, but he isn't as good as the media would like everybody to think. It was a joke that he made the AS game as a rookie. BG is no LBJ, and even Lebron didn't make the game as a rookie.

He didn't make the All Star game as a starter, so it wasn't media hype or fan stupidity. The All Star game coaching staff chose him.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:06 PM
you conveniently left out Blake Griffin's lousy 69% FT.

A number of hall of famers wish they shot %69 from the line.

For example, let's look at the two best power forwards in NBA history. Karl Malone shot %48 his rookie year. Tim Duncan shot %66.

I didn't leave it out for convenience. I left it out because it's an irrelevant stat in the grand scheme of things.

I'm not saying that Blake can't ball, but he isn't as good as the media would like everybody to think. It was a joke that he made the AS game as a rookie. BG is no LBJ, and even Lebron didn't make the game as a rookie.

Plenty of rookies have made the all star game. Selectively comparing them to to LeBron because Lebron didn't is stupid. Next.

Eleazar
12-15-2011, 05:08 PM
If you believed how the majority people talked about Griffin you would think he was the best basketball player ever.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:10 PM
no, but he is very close to being the best power forward in the NBA after only one season. Nobody said he was the greatest player of all time, so leave the hyperbole at the door.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 05:13 PM
no, but he is very close to being the best power forward in the NBA after only one season. Nobody said he was the greatest player of all time, so leave the hyperbole at the door.

Ok. Now you are trolling

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Ok. Now you are trolling

Nope. I live in the real world, where there are only four 20/10 big men in the NBA, and Blake Griffin is one of them.

Good luck with your troll idea. Hope it sticks better than your last half dozen arguments.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Nope.I live in the real world, where there are only four 20/10 big men in the NBA, and Blake Griffin is one of them.

make it five ;) or almost five, 20 and 9 this year for sure.

PR07
12-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Blake Griffin is a FREAK. Look at the success Paul had with Chandler, and then picture those kinds of "oops" with Griffin.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Nope. I live in the real world, where there are only four 20/10 big men in the NBA, and Blake Griffin is one of them.

Good luck with your troll idea. Hope it sticks better than your last half dozen arguments.

Have you seen him play defense?

No doubt Griffin in an immense offensive talent, but he kinda reminds me of a PF version of Vince Carter. He's going to put up great stats, but it won't necessarily correlate to a lot of wins.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:30 PM
Have you seen him play defense?

Yes. Have you?

No doubt Griffin in an immense offensive talent, but he kinda reminds me of a PF version of Vince Carter. He's going to put up great stats, but it won't necessarily correlate to a lot of wins.

....you're basing all of this on his rookie season? Seriously?

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Yes. Have you?

I've seen him live numerous times, I live in the area. He doesn't try on defense at all, just stands there and waits for them to have the ball again so he can try and dunk it. Granger gets more blocks a game than he does.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:34 PM
...because they have Deandre Jordan to attack every shot in the air. Griffin collects the rebounds. That's how it works.

There is no such thing as a bad defender that grabs 12 rebounds a game. Rebounding is part of defense. Blake isn't a great defender, but he's only played one year. Magic Johnson was arguably the NBA's worst defender his rookie season. Most players are bad at that end then get better with experience. That's how the NBA works.

Scot Pollard
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I find it funny how the Clippers are being looked at as the new Lakers.

Imagine the Clippers getting bandwagoners across America.

The Clippers? :laugh:

They finally become a good team.

They earned Blake Griffin for sucking so badly for so long and got Chris Paul.

It was as good a deal as it was going to get. The Hornets' future is bright.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 05:38 PM
...because they have Deandre Jordan to attack every shot in the air. Griffin collects the rebounds. That's how it works.

So his lackluster effort on defense is ok because the guy playing next to him can block shots?

Kstat
12-15-2011, 05:42 PM
That's how basketball works when you only have one big man that can score. You don't need him on the bench in foul trouble, you find an enforcer to help him at the rim.

And again, Griffin's 12 board average suggests he absolutely gives effort on D. He just doesn't use it to block shots.

Eleazar
12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
That's how basketball works when you only have one big man that can score. You don't need him on the bench in foul trouble, you find an enforcer to help him at the rim.

And again, Griffin's 12 board average suggests he absolutely gives effort on D. He just doesn't use it to block shots.

Rebounds have zero effect on how good of a defender you are. Getting a lot of rebounds just means he gets lots of rebounds, it does not mean he can defend in any way shape or form.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 06:50 PM
I did have BG on my fantasy team, and he blocked very few shots for a big guy that can jump through the roof. Maybe it was because a lack of defensive effort? Griffin just strikes me as somebody who would rather look good and lose, than look average and win. As long as he gets a dunk or two on Sportscenter, then he is thrilled. Say what you want about Cousins, but that dude wants to win badly. Hell, he called out his own teammate, Dante Green, for not passing him the ball when the came was on the line. This takes a lot of guts from a rookie. When has Griffin ever displayed that kind of leadership?

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Rebounds have zero effect on how good of a defender you are. Getting a lot of rebounds just means he gets lots of rebounds, it does not mean he can defend in any way shape or form.

You do realize your team can't score without the ball...right?

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:16 PM
I did have BG on my fantasy team, and he blocked very few shots for a big guy that can jump through the roof. Maybe it was because a lack of defensive effort?

...and finally, we get to the heart of the problem.

You might want to spend less time with your fantasy team ,and more time watching real basketball.

Griffin just strikes me as somebody who would rather look good and lose, than look average and win. As long as he gets a dunk or two on Sportscenter, then he is thrilled.

...you have yet to provide one single specific reason why this is a logical conclusion.

If all he cared about was dunking, he wouldn't have developed his jumper, or averaged 12 boards and 4 assists a game.

Say what you want about Cousins, but that dude wants to win badly. Hell, he called out his own teammate, Dante Green, for not passing him the ball when the came was on the line. This takes a lot of guts from a rookie. When has Griffin ever displayed that kind of leadership?

How many games has Cousins been disqualified from, exactly? You call that "leadership?" He's also routinely been yanked from games because of his remarkably lazy defense, so it's ironic you'd chose to champion a guy that makes Blake look like Dennis Rodman.

I'm supposed to be impressed that he chewed out a teammate for not giving him the ball enough? And one that won't be in the NBA much longer, to boot?

The Clippers won 36 games. The Kings won 24 games. Your arguments contradict each other, and lack any semblance of common sense.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Anybody watching ESPN with CP3's introduction?

I can't wait to watch the Erick Gordon press conference on ESPN also ....

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 08:22 PM
CP3 looks happy as s***

TMJ31
12-15-2011, 08:23 PM
Wow...Blake doesnt seem to concerned about losing Gordon lol.

http://www.foxsportswest.com/12/14/11/Raw-video-Blake-Griffin-and-DeAndre-Jord/landing_clippers.html?blockID=626930&feedID=3661

Jordan: "Who'd they give up again?"

Murmuring Voice: "Gordon"

Griffin: (Doing his best Hulk impression) "WE DON'T CARE..."

Stay Classy, Douche's

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't wait to watch the Erick Gordon press conference on ESPN also ....

Why would anyone care enough to watch it on TV?

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Jordan: "Who'd they give up again?"

Murmuring Voice: "Gordon"

Griffin: (Doing his best Hulk impression) "WE DON'T CARE..."

Stay Classy, Douche's

Business of basketball. I'm pretty anyone that's ever played on a team about to acquire a superstar gave a damn what they gave up.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 08:29 PM
You do realize your team can't score without the ball...right?

True, I did always think that Troy Murphy was our best defender in the years that he played here. I mean, he just got so many rebounds the other team couldn't score. I mean he was pulling in almost 12 rpg, I can't believe he never made the all defense first team.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:30 PM
I must have missed all those plays where blake griffin was getting backed under the rim and overpowered by mediocre players....

If Murphy wasn't so soft, he wouldn't have been a terrible defender. Blake doesn't have that problem.

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Why would anyone care enough to watch it on TV?

Because he is a beast? Second best small guard in the league? ;)

Day-V
12-15-2011, 08:35 PM
There is no such thing as a bad defender that grabs 12 rebounds a game.

http://www.celticstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/troy-murphy-head-shot.jpg

TMJ31
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Business of basketball. I'm pretty anyone that's ever played on a team about to acquire a superstar gave a damn what they gave up.

I know.

But when you are perfectly aware that you're being recorded, staying humble and showing respect to your peers probably = the way to go.

Just IMO.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 08:38 PM
I must have missed all those plays where blake griffin was getting backed under the rim and overpowered by mediocre players....

If Murphy wasn't so soft, he wouldn't have been a terrible defender. Blake doesn't have that problem.

Kevin Love is a really good defender and he led the league in rebounds last season and he is strong and doesn't scared of anyone.

And I must have missed the part where Blake's bad defensive footwork stopped good PFs from burning him. But at least he had Jordan to come help him.

But anyways, even Blake says that his defense needs to be improved, he said thats the biggest thing he is going to try to work on. He has the athleticism to be good defensively, he just needs to have the drive and learn positioning and footwork more.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:46 PM
I disagree entirely that Blake has bad footwork. His defense is also better than Kevin love's.

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:47 PM
Because he is a beast? Second best small guard in the league? ;)

Nobody cares who Eric Gordon is, outside of Indiana.

Doesn't mean he's not a future star, but nobody is going to watch his news conference for the new orleans hornets. He's not a superstar (yet).

Day-V
12-15-2011, 08:47 PM
I know.

But when you are perfectly aware that you're being recorded, staying humble and showing respect to your peers probably = the way to go.

Just IMO.

It's what I like to call "acting professional".

Kstat
12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Not sure how professional you need to be when you're on a cell phone with your buddy. And It's not their fault some guy was taking footage.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 08:50 PM
I did have BG on my fantasy team, and he blocked very few shots for a big guy that can jump through the roof. Maybe it was because a lack of defensive effort? Griffin just strikes me as somebody who would rather look good and lose, than look average and win. As long as he gets a dunk or two on Sportscenter, then he is thrilled. Say what you want about Cousins, but that dude wants to win badly. Hell, he called out his own teammate, Dante Green, for not passing him the ball when the came was on the line. This takes a lot of guts from a rookie. When has Griffin ever displayed that kind of leadership?

Yes, lets give Demarcus credit for yelling at teammates because the best player on the team got the ball with the game on the line. That's not leadership, that's stupidity. I was watching that game and the only reason they were even in it was because of Tyreke. Cousins looked like a complete fool out there whining. There's a difference between a leader and a headcase, and Demarcus getting suspended, and benched repeatedly over the season is a pretty clear sign of what he is.

Besides that you're talking up a post player who shot the same FG% as Channing Frye, who takes half of his shots from 3 point range. 43%. Do yourself a favor, go to ESPN, and search leaders in 2 point shooting %. Out of 149 qualifying players, Cousins is #141. Which is, the lowest percentage for anyone who's not a SG or PG. He's got a long way to go off, and on the court to even sniff Blake Griffin.

pezasied182
12-15-2011, 08:51 PM
I disagree entirely that Blake has bad footwork. His defense is also better than Kevin love's.

I was kidding about Kevin Love.

And Griffin has good footwork at the perimeter, that's like the one area of defense he excels, he just isn't very good at getting posted up imo.

Day-V
12-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Not sure how professional you need to be when you're on a cell phone with your buddy. And It's not their fault some guy was taking footage.

It's not like that guy was doing some hidden-camera surveillance where they couldn't see. That camera was right in their faces. They should've known better.

That "WE DON'T CARE!" line, if I'm Eric Gordon, really pisses me off.

TMJ31
12-15-2011, 08:53 PM

They are high profile professional athletes.

Furthermore, they are obviously standing in a crown of fans at some type of basketball related event.

They should assume, especially in this day and age, that they are ALWAYS being filmed when in these situations.

But again, none of my business how they conduct themselves, but it just seems in poor taste, and unprofessional.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 09:11 PM
Just for pure fun, I searched my PD name, and Cousins because I remembered leaving a message about that game. Sure enough, here it is.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=1165499&postcount=3

I was watching the game, and I'll believe it. He threw a fit on the floor as the buzzer sounded. He jumped around and threw his arms up. So he was mad because Donte passed the ball to the guy who kept them in the game? Tyreke was the only reason they had a chance. He scored like 10 points in a row in the last few minutes.

What a crybaby. This dude is a loser. Supreme talent, but I'm glad we didn't draft him.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 11:05 PM

I'm also a huge fan of Greg Monroe. In a few years he will be better than BG

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 11:16 PM
Just for pure fun, I searched my PD name, and Cousins because I remembered leaving a message about that game. Sure enough, here it is.

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=1165499&postcount=3

What's your point. Trumpeting your own trolling?

Hicks
12-15-2011, 11:22 PM

You really ought to stop with calling people trolls so easily. It damages your credibility and derails the conversation.

pacer4ever
12-15-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm also a huge fan of Greg Monroe. In a few years he will be better than BG
:50cent:
Im a huge fan of Monroe to loved his game in college and he progressed well last year but Monroe will never put up 22,12 like Blake did just in his rookie year(which he should improve upon at least impact on the game if not numbers).

Kstat
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM
I really like greg Monroe, but if we had the chance to deal him for Blake griffen? Id drive him to the airport myself.

Pacergeek
12-15-2011, 11:41 PM

You really ought to stop with calling people trolls so easily. It damages your credibility and derails the conversation.

I agree with your assessment, but calling Cousins a loser is trolling

Kstat
12-15-2011, 11:42 PM
..cousins constantly embarrassed himself and his team last season, so no, it isn't trolling.

Day-V
12-15-2011, 11:59 PM
I agree with your assessment, but calling Cousins a loser is trolling

No, it's not. It's a fact.

xBulletproof
12-16-2011, 12:56 AM

You understand that trolling by definition is doing something just to enrage someone right? Well with that established, to be trumpeting my own trolling would require me to have posted that 9 months ago with the intention of getting under your skin.

Either I'm the most elaborate and awesome troller in the history of them, or you're just being ridiculous with the troll calling.

You should probably learn that a difference of opinion isn't "trolling", as silly of a term as that is anyway.