PDA

View Full Version : Baron Davis waived via amnesty

RichardHawes
12-14-2011, 09:08 PM
SamAmicoFSO Sam Amico
Cavaliers have waived Baron Davis via NBA's new amnesty clause.

So would you do it for a short run?

PacerPenguins
12-14-2011, 09:10 PM
1 yr 2 dollars

pacer4ever
he is done he is injured already in camp has a bad back bad knee and a bad work ethic.

1 yr 2 dollars
doesnt work have to take him on for all 3 yrs left on his deal.

Pacerized
I guess I could live with it but if we were going to go after a pg via free agency we should have went for Billups. I'd rather not have Davis but I wouldn't blow up if he were signed.

vnzla81
12-14-2011, 09:12 PM
He could be a good replacement for us not getting Crawford.

RichardHawes
12-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Im assuming itd have to play out like this

Baron, Collison, Stephenson
George, Hill, Rush
Granger, George, DJones
West, Psycho T, JPend
Hibbert, Foster

McKeyFan
12-14-2011, 09:17 PM
Would be an interesting wildcard.

Kstat
12-14-2011, 09:19 PM
....and my new favorite 2k12 team just got a little less fun. :sad:

shags
12-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Remember, if you bid on Baron Davis, you have to sign him for TWO years (the remaining length of his contract).

I'm not sure anyone bids on him. And I think he signs with the Knicks if no one does.

PR07
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
I don't think he's what we need at the present time.

DocHolliday
12-14-2011, 09:25 PM
1 yr 2 dollars

Maybe under the old CBA...keep him outta here.

cdash
12-14-2011, 09:57 PM
He could be a good replacement for us not getting Crawford.

He has a bulging disk in his back. He isn't likely to play anywhere for a good while.

xIndyFan
12-14-2011, 10:01 PM
no thanx on bdiddy. he is not enough of a team guy to justify the risk/reward.

vnzla81
12-14-2011, 10:11 PM
He has a bulging disk in his back. He isn't likely to play anywhere for a good while.

How long is he going to be out? this would make him a free agent and he could be going to Miami.

vnzla81
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM

AlexKennedyNBA Alex Kennedy
The New York Knicks will pursue Baron Davis if he clears waivers, according to sources close to the situation.

Hoop
12-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't want BDiddy on the Pacers if he paid us to play.

skyfire
12-14-2011, 10:34 PM
His back injury could be a clever strategy to try and not get claimed, so he can sign with a contender next week. Much smarter than what Billups tried.

Pacer Fan
12-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Pacers aren't desperate!

vnzla81
12-15-2011, 01:22 AM
8 to 10 weeks, damn.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsCMsNLo8D5VnixwdqXBj.u8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_baron_davis_amnesty_injury_nba_121411

wintermute
12-15-2011, 07:52 AM
8 to 10 weeks, damn.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsCMsNLo8D5VnixwdqXBj.u8vLYF?slug=mc-spears_baron_davis_amnesty_injury_nba_121411

So fortuitous for Baron to get an injury around this time.

Anyway, legit injury or not, I think some team bids for him, if only for the minimum (I think it was mentioned that the minimum bid is the vet min). If he can't play this season, just put him on ice and you'll have a nice cheap tradable asset come July 1.

Billups getting only a $2m bid surprised me really. The vet min for him (and Baron is $1.4m), so the Clips' winning bid is just slightly above that. I thought then that the Pacers should have bid $5m for Billups, rather than going after Mayo or Crawford.

Pacerized
12-15-2011, 11:21 AM
The league should place him on medical leave until he's fit for duty. Then place him into the bidding system to see if any team under the cap wants him before allowing him to sign with a contender.

Pacersalltheway10
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
So the Cavs basically got the #1 pick, Kyrie Irving in exchange for Mo Williams. If the Clippers had kept the pick and Baron Davis, they could have gotten their future PG without dismantling their whole roster for 1 player and amnestied Baron Davis. I really didn't see the point of that trade last year. Mo Williams and some other player I can't remember in exchange for Baron Davis and 1st round pick. The Clippers are good at making people think they got the better end of the deal, when really they didn't. I hope Clippers fans enjoy "Lob City" a lot more than winning. Hornets just set themselves up to be a future perrineal playoff team. Eric Gordon+Aminu+Kaman+Minny pick in possibly the strongest NBA draft ever> Chris Paul

xIndyFan
12-16-2011, 10:29 AM
So the Cavs basically got the #1 pick, Kyrie Irving in exchange for Mo Williams. If the Clippers had kept the pick and Baron Davis, they could have gotten their future PG without dismantling their whole roster for 1 player and amnestied Baron Davis. I really didn't see the point of that trade last year. Mo Williams and some other player I can't remember in exchange for Baron Davis and 1st round pick. The Clippers are good at making people think they got the better end of the deal, when really they didn't. I hope Clippers fans enjoy "Lob City" a lot more than winning. Hornets just set themselves up to be a future perrineal playoff team. Eric Gordon+Aminu+Kaman+Minny pick in possibly the strongest NBA draft ever> Chris Paul

i hope for EJ's sake the hornets do well, but the clippers got Chris Paul and the Hornets didn't. That means the Clippers are the trade winners. Paul is a true superstar, he cannot be replaced. the rest of the guys are good players. A team can replace good players lost in a trade. It cannot replace superstars traded away.

cordobes
12-16-2011, 10:38 AM
I'd bit for Baron Davis, even if only the minimum. If it doesn't work out, waive him. Very low risk.

I hope Davis somehow finds his way to the Knicks though. I think he'd be funny to see playing in D'Antoni's scheme. Great fit. Davis' best moments as a basketball player were under Paul Silas, with a similar offensive system.

Pacersalltheway10
12-16-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure Collison did a good job of replacing him

Pacerized
12-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Well, he just cleared waviers. I don't think it's right if he'd suddenly able to play 5 weeks earlier then projected. Even if he is medically out of commission, they shouldn't have started the clock ticking on his amnesty time until he passed a physical.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217621/Baron_Davis_Clears_Waivers

vnzla81
12-17-2011, 04:02 PM
Ric Bucher

Source says Baron Davis could decide where he's playing as early as Monday. Knicks, Lakers, Heat all interested. NYK in poll position.

More on BoomDizzle: wants to pick team early so he can familiarize himself w/playbook/personnel. Back still has him 4 weeks from playing.