PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton clears waivers, will be Chicago Bull soon

90'sNBARocked
12-14-2011, 04:09 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/14/rip-hamilton-clears-waivers-will-be-chicago-bull-soon/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Unlike what happened with Chauncey Billups ride to Miami, nobody has gotten in the way of Richard Hamilton landing with the Chicago Bulls.

Hamilton — you know him as Rip — was amnestied by the Pistons but has cleared the waiver wire and is now free to sign with the Chicago Bulls, tweets K.C Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.

Rip has cleared waivers. Sounds like he’ll be at Bulls practice on Thursday after 2/$10M deal is finalized.

This is different than what happened to Chauncey Billups because the Clippers, who were under the salary cap, put in a bid on Billups. No team under the cap put in a bid on Hamilton, so he is a free agent.

And he was always destined for the Bulls if that happened. This is not the 2005 Hamilton, but he doesn’t need to be, what his is right now is a serious upgrade at a need position for the Bulls. Hamilton gave 14.1 points a game to the Pistons and shot 38.2 percent from three last season. That kind of production from the two guard would be huge for the Bulls, suggests Aggrey Sam at CSNChicago.com.

But as for Hamilton’s actual impact in the Windy City, expect the Coatesville, Pa. native to be rejuvenated as he’s on a title contender — as opposed to the past couple of lottery-bound, turmoil-ridden campaigns in Motown — although it’s unlikely that at 33-years-old (34 in February), he can match his prior All-Star level production. Nor is that necessary.

The Chicago Bulls are about to get better. That is bad news for every other team in the East.

Good thing we had that lockout and new CBA to ensure "competitive balence"

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ownagedood
12-14-2011, 04:11 PM
He's got nothin' on Hill's defense... or PG for that matter if Hill is on Rose.

Since86
12-14-2011, 04:13 PM
You're slipping! I figured you'd pick a title like "Viticimized Rip signs with Chicago" or something. ;)

90'sNBARocked
12-14-2011, 04:14 PM
You're slipping! I figured you'd pick a title like "Viticimized Rip signs with Chicago" or something. ;)

LOL

How about "Chicago announces FA signing, all remaining teams in the EC , RIP"

Strummer
12-14-2011, 04:20 PM
He tweeted earlier that he's considering 3 teams. And an hour ago he tweeted that it's down to 2. So maybe the Bulls don't have him all sewn up.

the link (http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2011/12/rip_hamilton_to_decide_between.html)
Hamilton tweeted from his account @ripcityhamilton: "Got my list narrowed down to 3 teams. 17 hours until I clear waivers. Can't wait Yesssssirr. [sic]"

and

ripcityhamilton Rip Hamilton
Down to 2.........

Trader Joe
12-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm not sure how much better Rip Hamilton's corpse makes the Bulls.

90'sNBARocked
12-14-2011, 04:26 PM
Call me crazy, but I'm not sure how much better Rip Hamilton's corpse makes the Bulls.

not crazy bro (ironic I would say that right :)

He will help mostly in the playoffs and is clearly an OFFENSIVE upgrade over Keith Bogans

However Bogans is a much, much better defender

BillS
12-14-2011, 04:36 PM

Wouldn't mind having him on the bench because I like him as a player, but a difference maker? Not any more.

Pacers13Colts12
12-14-2011, 04:39 PM
Big deal. Rip is old, what has his teams done in Detroit the past few years?

Infinite MAN_force
12-14-2011, 05:38 PM
He's not a big difference maker anymore, but this will make the Bulls better.

So what? We got better-er, Bring em on! :devil:

Kstat
12-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Rip is always in great shape. He sucked in Detroit the last 2 years because his whiny *** chose to suck, not because his game left him. The games where he felt like playing hard to prove a point, he was the same old Rip.

He'll be back to scoring 17-18 a game for the Bulls. There's nobody for him to compete with there, so he'll feel wanted again.

IMO, this does make the Bulls a lot better offensively. Rip is actually capable of punishing bad defensive players, so teams wont be able to cross-match Rose with a taller SG as often.

rock747
12-14-2011, 06:04 PM
meh.

yoadknux
12-14-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm sure that if we were to sign him most of you would be saying "oh, rip, what a great shooter, veteran player, can hit big shots..". I have no idea what happened between him and the Pistons, but I think he's still young enough to run around screens and hit open shots, which is what the Bulls need him to do.
He's a nice addition to the Bulls roster in my opinion.

pacer4ever
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Rip is always in great shape. He sucked in Detroit the last 2 years because his whiny *** chose to suck, not because his game left him. The games where he felt like playing hard to prove a point, he was the same old Rip.

He'll be back to scoring 17-18 a game for the Bulls. There's nobody for him to compete with there, so he'll feel wanted again.

IMO, this does make the Bulls a lot better offensively. Rip is actually capable of punishing bad defensive players, so teams wont be able to cross-match Rose with a taller SG as often.

It sucks for us but rip is a great fit for Chicago and really makes them better. Rip is still a good player and w/o ...........http://i853.photobucket.com/albums/ab98/tuberaider1/kuester-john-090709.jpg

*****ing at him he will give full effort and be a good compliment for Rose.

NapTonius Monk
12-14-2011, 07:00 PM
I think Rip, though not what he was, is going to be a HUGE addition there.

vnzla81
12-14-2011, 07:16 PM
Great signing by the Bulls, is going to be a nice series if we are match with them for sure.

3 8 thee great t h
12-15-2011, 12:44 PM
I thought esPn had him signed to a 3/15 contract idk who cared. Thats a good pick up for them sometimes a change of
Scenery makes all the difference I wonder if he's going to start