PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Salary Worksheet...

docpaul
12-14-2011, 02:11 PM
In honor of the great work count55 did keeping track of Pacers salaries and contracts, I'm curating a Google spreadsheet that we all together can use as a reference going forward.

Here it is:

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Av6ny5BmzppndEEwSDZ6LXdUczRpWFVWUGVmbmtvSUE&single=true&gid=0&range=a1%3Ag32&output=html" width="920" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe>

If you want to edit this... please go to: http://pgb.me/pacercap

Hope this helps everyone!

Infinite MAN_force
12-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Its interesting that Hansbrough is up for a contract the year West expires, and same with Paul George being up when Granger expires.

I wonder what the 2013/14 Free agency class looks like? Its possible we could clear some space and be players there, although I've have no idea what would be available.

xBulletproof
12-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Everything I've seen on Pendergraph has him at $762,195.

Wells today said in a tweet we have 15 million in cap space. I'm sure that's a rough estimate but that means Foster is in the 4 million range.

bambam
12-14-2011, 02:39 PM
Everything I've seen on Pendergraph has him at $762,195.

Wells today said in a tweet we have 15 million in cap space. I'm sure that's a rough estimate but that means Foster is in the 4 million range.

So are we roughly 7million short of the salary minimum? Is it a hard stance you have to get to 49.3million or what happens? We have 12 under contract, and their allowing a 13th to be active a few weeks into the season. Also, have another 2 spots for non active players. I know we got 4 invitees, but with 3 spots dont see any of the 3 bringing us up 7million.

Gamble1
12-14-2011, 02:41 PM
Its interesting that Hansbrough is up for a contract the year West expires, and same with Paul George being up when Granger expires.

I wonder what the 2013/14 Free agency class looks like? Its possible we could clear some space and be players there, although I've have no idea what would be available.
You must have me on your ignore list. I have posted multiple times on why the West signing was really smart signing given that the contracts of West and Hans would end at the same time.

Guys who will be available in 2013/14 are Milsap and Josh Smith. Get excited.

So are we roughly 7million short of the salary minimum? Is it a hard stance you have to get to 49.3million or what happens? We have 12 under contract, and their allowing a 13th to be active a few weeks into the season. Also, have another 2 spots for non active players. I know we got 4 invitees, but with 3 spots dont see any of the 3 bringing us up 7million.
Somebody said that they thought if a team was below the minimum salary floor that difference would be split amoung the current players on the roster. I hope thats true because I like the flexibility that we have next year with the team salary.

xBulletproof
12-14-2011, 02:49 PM

Posey's salary counts against the minimum. We're at the minimum already I believe.

xIndyFan
12-14-2011, 02:56 PM
george hill is missing, n'est pas?? 1,390,906 for this year. don't know his QO for next year.

docpaul
12-14-2011, 03:05 PM
george hill is missing, n'est pas?? 1,390,906 for this year. don't know his QO for next year.

Yes, please add him and the numbers! :)

Looks like someone also bunged the formula on the total salary for 2011-2012 season.. Can someone sum those rows in that cell please?

Hicks
12-14-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not convinced Jeff is making $4m. I haven't seen a number reported anywhere.

12-14-2011, 03:13 PM
Since we are under the minimum, and it appears we won't be able to make another large signing, would it be wise to sign Roy Hibbert to a long-term contract? It would be a shame to lose Hibbert, Collison, and George to free agency. Obviously, Collison and George are not concerns. However, Hibbert's contract will expire in 2013.

I suppose my question is, if we have to spend $7,000,000. Instead of spending it, should we invest a part of it on Roy Hibbert?

Along that line of thought - perhaps George Hill?

xBulletproof
12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not convinced Jeff is making $4m. I haven't seen a number reported anywhere.

Yeah, 4 million was count55's number, but I'm trying to fill in everything around him and see what it takes to get to the 15 million in cap space that Wells said we have.

For George Hill I have seen 3 different numbers. Went to 3 different sites and they were all different.

Since we are under the minimum

We're not under it. Gotta read all the posts! :-p

naptownmenace
12-14-2011, 03:25 PM
Since we are under the minimum, and it appears we won't be able to make another large signing, would it be wise to sign Roy Hibbert to a long-term contract? It would be a shame to lose Hibbert, Collison, and George to free agency. Obviously, Collison and George are not concerns. However, Hibbert's contract will expire in 2013.

I suppose my question is, if we have to spend $7,000,000. Instead of spending it, should we invest a part of it on Roy Hibbert?

Along that line of thought - perhaps George Hill?

An extension wouldn't effect this year's salary cap number at all since the contract wouldn't begin this season.

At any rate, Roy is under contract this year and isn't due for any extension until next season I believe. The Pacers don't have to make another signing this year but can just pay the differece to the players on the roster.

They also don't have to be at the minimum before the season starts. They can add a player later in the season to get to the minimum level. They really have until the end of the season and can add a player through a draft day trade to get there if need be.

xBulletproof
12-14-2011, 03:29 PM
BTW ESPN is listing David West's salary this year as $8,287,500.

docpaul
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the edits, guys...

Everyone: please feel free to add/change info on this spreadsheet as it comes in.

pacergod2
12-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Does that mean he isn't getting a full $20M?

Midcoasted
12-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Does that mean he isn't getting a full $20M?

I'd say it means he's getting over 11 million next year. That gives the option to amnesty him if he ends up being a dud post ACL. Let's face it, our front office is very competent in setting up these contracts since Bird took over the whole show. We are blessed to have such a good game plan, because as a small market, that is the only way to compete.

docpaul
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I'd say it means he's getting over 11 million next year. That gives the option to amnesty him if he ends up being a dud post ACL. Let's face it, our front office is very competent in setting up these contracts since Bird took over the whole show. We are blessed to have such a good game plan, because as a small market, that is the only way to compete.

Amnesty doesn't apply to new contracts, and the Pacers already used their amnesty on James Posey.

Hicks
12-14-2011, 05:34 PM

That was what he made last season. They don't have the new number. They also list Jeff at what he made last year.

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/hornets.jsp

docpaul
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
Some folks have been editing the spending minimum cells. I arrived at those, based on Larry Coon's FAQ. Basically, it's 85% of the cap number this year, and 90% in subsequent years. Just FYI.

docpaul
12-15-2011, 08:10 PM
Embedded the spreadsheet in post 1, for quick reference. Editing the spreadsheet at http://pgb.me/pacercap will apply changes on the forum post.

Forum moderators: can you please edit the topic of this thread to "Pacers Salary Worksheet (see post #1 for details)"?

Enjoy!

Jose Slaughter
12-15-2011, 08:42 PM
For George Hill I have seen 3 different numbers. Went to 3 different sites and they were all different.
:-p

Just curious, which 3 sites?

Strummer
12-15-2011, 08:49 PM
Some folks have been editing the spending minimum cells. I arrived at those, based on Larry Coon's FAQ. Basically, it's 85% of the cap number this year, and 90% in subsequent years. Just FYI.

I haven't been editing the cells, but I believe that the minimum this year is 80%.

the link (http://www.hoopsworld.com/details-of-the-b-list-items-in-the-new-cba/)
The minimum team salary will be 80 percent of the salary cap in 2011-12, 85 percent in 12-13 and 90 percent in 13-14. (Note: This was previously reported to be 85% for both 2011-12 and 2012-13.) 80 percent of a presumed $58 million is $46.4 million.

docpaul
12-15-2011, 10:17 PM
I haven't been editing the cells, but I believe that the minimum this year is 80%.

Thanks! Edited to reflect this...

This means that we're pretty close to the spending minimum, given the 4m estimate for Foster holds up as accurate.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Thanks! Edited to reflect this...

This means that we're pretty close to the spending minimum, given the 4m estimate for Foster holds up as accurate.

Posey's 7 million counts towards the minimum. We're already there.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 10:32 PM
Just curious, which 3 sites?

http://shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/spurs.jsp
$1,390,906

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/indiana.htm
$2,086,359

http://espn.go.com/nba/team/roster/_/name/ind/indiana-pacers
$1,540,493

.... so I have no idea what to make of that. :laugh:

docpaul
12-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Edited to remove Rush, add Amundsen, and tweak some salary numbers.

okroe3
12-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Has anyone actually seen the breakdown for D West contract? I can't belive we wouldn't front load it to make sure we have cap next year to sign Hibbert and another FA.

beast23
12-19-2011, 01:54 AM
According to Shamsports, Amundson has a 15% trade kicker, so his 2011-2012 salary should be adjusted accordingly.

beast23
12-19-2011, 02:02 AM
Posey's 7 million counts towards the minimum. We're already there.
Since Posey was an amnestied, his salary can be spread out over the number of remaining years x 2 + 1. So, I believe the Pacers would chose to have his 7M spread out over 3 years. So, he would only count 2,333,333 against the cap this year and for the next 2 years as well.

Hicks
12-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Since Posey was an amnestied, his salary can be spread out over the number of remaining years x 2 + 1. So, I believe the Pacers would chose to have his 7M spread out over 3 years. So, he would only count 2,333,333 against the cap this year and for the next 2 years as well.

No, this is wrong. Amnesty players do NOT count against the cap at all. This was a one-time-only option for each team. Posey is completely off the books.

You're thinking of the new wrinkle in the CBA where (I think once per year, and only for NEW, post-CBA signing contracts) you can waive a player, and yes that works with the double-length + one year rule you have described, and that money DOES count against the cap.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-19-2011, 02:52 AM

When a player is amnestied they do not count against the salary cap. Their salary does however count towards the minimum spending floor. You are thinking of the stretch provision.

IndySDExport
12-19-2011, 03:28 AM
Don't know how accurate it is, but hoops hype has Jeff's salary listed as:

Jeff Foster
$1,352,181

docpaul
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Edited the spreadsheet again, now that more salary info has come out, and to take into account things like Amundsen's trade kicker, etc.

It's pretty easy to make a personal copy of this spreadsheet for playing with the new contracts Hibbs and Hill will likely get this off season.

wintermute
01-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Don't know how accurate it is, but hoops hype has Jeff's salary listed as:

Jeff Foster
$1,352,181

Not anymore, they have him at $3m now, same as Sham.

Shamsport and Hoopshype have a few discrepancies between them, they have slightly different numbers for Amundson (trade kicker?), Hill, Pendergraph, Stephenson, and Price. I'd probably go with Sham on those.

EDIT: Btw docpaul, Posey's amnestied contract counts towards the minimum spend, even if it doesn't count on the cap.

EDIT2: And I see now that someone's already mentioned that in the first page :blush:

cgg
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
Hill is still on rookie scale contract, no? should be possible to figure out the exact number. Will look it up tomorrow if no one else does.

Pacerized
01-18-2012, 01:35 AM
Nice spreadsheet. I think you're a little low on estimating Hibbert and a little high on estimating Hill though. I hope we can get Roy to agree to a contract starting at 10 mil, but I'd hope Hill's contract would start at around 4-4.5 mil. I don't see Hill getting a better offer then that elsewhere so I don't think we'll offer it. If we learned anything from this past free agency, it's that Bird isn't afraid of playing hardball on contracts.