PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought....

ejwallace
12-14-2011, 12:57 PM
If we're in the market for a shooting guard, and we're throwing money at the likes of Jamal Crawford and OJ Mayo, why don't we look oversees?? There is one shooting guard in-particular that sticks out in my mind that could fill the role for us, and help make our young guys better.....Allen Iverson....Sure, he's old, but he is a veteran and a very decorated one at that. He is currently playing in Turkey on a 2 year $4Million contract. He is wanting to come back and finish his career in the NBA. Make him an offer, 2 years $6Million with an opt out option....What could it hurt. In my eyes, playing in Turkey is a big blow to his ego, and he's just cocky enough to have a big chip on his shoulder, giving him something to prove....

Sure, picking him up would be a risk, but it would be an interesting season to watch....If his "attitude" is the issue, couldn't we just throw a code of conduct waiver in his contract. Look at Ochocinco...He was king of temper tantrums with the attitude to match while in Cincinnati, then he went to the Patriots, and he's been completely silent and on his best behavior....

Maybe I am just fantasizing, but AI is a pickup I would LOVE to see....

xBulletproof
12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
I'd rather bang my head on the wall for an hour.

yoadknux
nah
I don't see how he can help us at all

Doddage
:imout:

Psyren
First off, Welcome to PD!!!

Second off, as you'll quickly learn by the responses, this board has an overwhelming "NO!" feeling towards Iverson, as do I. This team is finally back on the rise and we have so much young talent. The last thing we need is Iverson to hold them back.

And mind you, he's still one of my favorite all time players. He's just not something this team needs.

Regardless, welcome!!

Kemo
12-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I hope you wore your flame retardant warm-up my friend..lol

Trader Joe
12-14-2011, 01:05 PM
Cabbages

Pacers24Colts12
12-14-2011, 01:11 PM
David Harrison would be a nice pickup for a backup center too. Maybe Starbury at PG?

Peck
12-14-2011, 01:12 PM
:50cent:

pizza guy
12-14-2011, 01:45 PM
If we're in the market for a shooting guard, and we're throwing money at the likes of Jamal Crawford and OJ Mayo, why don't we look oversees?? There is one shooting guard in-particular that sticks out in my mind that could fill the role for us, and help make our young guys better.....Allen Iverson....Sure, he's old, but he is a veteran and a very decorated one at that. He is currently playing in Turkey on a 2 year $4Million contract. He is wanting to come back and finish his career in the NBA. Make him an offer, 2 years $6Million with an opt out option....What could it hurt. In my eyes, playing in Turkey is a big blow to his ego, and he's just cocky enough to have a big chip on his shoulder, giving him something to prove....

Sure, picking him up would be a risk, but it would be an interesting season to watch....If his "attitude" is the issue, couldn't we just throw a code of conduct waiver in his contract. Look at Ochocinco...He was king of temper tantrums with the attitude to match while in Cincinnati, then he went to the Patriots, and he's been completely silent and on his best behavior....

Maybe I am just fantasizing, but AI is a pickup I would LOVE to see....

Welcome aboard.

I was a big fan of getting AI about 7 or 8 years ago. I thought he and JO would've made a good duo, talent-wise. I'm glad it never happened because AI proved to be as immature as an NBA can be, and with Ron and JO, it would've been enough to get the Pacers moved to Vegas...or worse.

Now, however, AI is just too old and not worth the headache, IMO

PR07
12-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Maaaaybe Iverson could catch on with a veteran team like the Celtics or Heat in one last quest for a championship, but even that's a big maybe. He still hasn't accepted that he is a bench player now and brings a myriad of personal problems to any team.