PDA

View Full Version : Pacers Crate w/ David West

luis3ep
12-13-2011, 11:55 PM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011/12/13/PacersCrate20111213f4v-1934037/index.html

makes me even MORE pumped for this season! wow!!

cramerica
12-14-2011, 12:13 AM
I like it. How anybody could not like this signing is beyond me. Definitely going to be a major positive for our team.

BlueNGold
12-14-2011, 12:18 AM
I really like this guy. Pure class. This team needs a leader and he's going to help there. I'm especially excited about how he'll play with Hibbert.

Day-V
12-14-2011, 12:20 AM
Oh, Conrad. So cheesy and awkward.

It's fantastic, lol.

rock747
12-14-2011, 12:23 AM
Am i the only one that can't get the link to work?

Day-V
12-14-2011, 12:27 AM
Says he chose #21 because it's his older brother's college number and the number he wore before he got to high school.

Young
12-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh, Conrad. So cheesy and awkward.

Yeah I can only imagine what West was thinking. Poor guy haha.

You could see where Conrad was going with that first statement/question. West picked the Pacers so he could be on Pacers crate. Conrad is so predictable.

Ozwalt72
12-14-2011, 12:33 AM
he actually talks more BASKETBALL than a lot of other interviews...I like it

rock747
12-14-2011, 12:34 AM
He's such a laid back dude. Perfect for our team.

Naptown_Seth
12-14-2011, 12:36 AM
Says he chose #21 because it's his older brother's college number and the number he wore before he got to high school.
As long as he does the Prime Time dance after dunks. It's required, make sure someone tells him this.

Dear David - if in fact you do this in the home opener I swear I will get up from my seat at that moment and go to the gift store and buy your jersey. :dance:

pacer4ever
12-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Like I said in the other thread David West has a really high Basketball IQ and he showed some of it talking hoops in this interview.

Pacer Fan
12-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Damn, he's got some big hands...wow!

BoomBaby31
12-14-2011, 12:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/pacers/video/2011/12/13/PacersCrate20111213f4v-1934037/index.html

makes me even MORE pumped for this season! wow!!

Ditto! I honestly don't think most people on here realize just how good we are going to be. If West stays healthy, people will be stunned how well this team meshes. West is EXACTLY what we needed: a scorer, brings tremendous depth to the team and a big man.

Hicks
12-14-2011, 12:46 AM
This guy is IMPRESSIVE. I'm pumped up right now. Can't wait to hit the DVR when I get off work Friday night.

I'm glad he's here to mentor Tyler and Roy as well. They can learn from this guy.

Naptown_Seth
12-14-2011, 12:48 AM
More seriously, could there be a better personality fit with Hibbert? Vogel coaching and West joining should help get guys like Danny back on track and in the right mindset. It felt like Danny was getting more chippy and less like his original self toward the end of the JOB era, and you had to worry about that also rubbing off on George or Collison.

The team has talent, they lacked quality strategy and a sense of hope or positive possibilities. It feels like they've got that back.

notque
12-14-2011, 12:49 AM
So pumped up! What a guy!

I want more players like him. Guys that seem like mature adults.

Hicks
12-14-2011, 12:50 AM
Remember the old arguments here about teams that are likable versus teams that are talented and win? Prepare to witness both.

Day-V
12-14-2011, 12:52 AM
Could this be the vocal leader this team has needed?

Idk, I'm genuinely asking if he is or not, lol.

diamonddave00
12-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Can't wait for the season to begin. David appears to be a total class guy seems like a perfect fit here.

jeffg-body
12-14-2011, 12:55 AM
How can you not like this guy. I think he will make us a lot better team. Most of his focus was dedicated to helping the youngsters out and specifically taking some of the pressure off of Roy. He will fit in nicely.

Ozwalt72
12-14-2011, 12:56 AM
Could this be the vocal leader this team has needed?

Idk, I'm genuinely asking if he is or not, lol.

Who knows? He's a vet though, former all-star, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders.

I actually thought that maybe we can get him and lance to be roommates... :D

Pacers#1Fan
12-14-2011, 12:57 AM
This interview has me a pretty pumped as well. I think his comments on DC were kind of interesting, it will be interesting to see what his presence does for him.

notque
12-14-2011, 01:22 AM
This interview has me a pretty pumped as well. I think his comments on DC were kind of interesting, it will be interesting to see what his presence does for him.

The other great thing is DC has a pick and roll game like Paul.

We got DC, and had no one for him to run the majority of his game with.

Now we've signed a perfect Pick and Popper, and a good Pick and roller.

What a difference it will make having players that synergize together, versus having a PG with a great skill, he can't use at all.

imawhat
12-14-2011, 02:10 AM
He will open our offense up, there's no doubt about it. He has a chance to make a bigger impact than his stats suggest. He's also an underrated passer. He's not Josh but he'll make some very sound plays.

I hope everyone is patient with him. He'll have some real ups and downs coming off that surgery.

daschysta
12-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Seems like a great guy. It's interesting to get his perspective on how other teams prepare for the pacers, pretty much load up on Danny and Roy, let the other guys beat you.

Very well spoken, smart, seems to have a great BBIQ. I'm behind him 1000 percent!

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-14-2011, 04:03 AM
I ****ing love this guy!

Pacers4Life
12-14-2011, 05:26 AM
Read all the comments.. THEN watched the video. I'm drooling over my keyboard right now.
Nay, drooling isn't the correct term. Salivating more like.

His knee would worry me in a regular, regular season. I'm still very wary about it holding up through this grueling schedule.

That being said I'm ready to watch this TEAM do some things this year. We've been in line for 5 years.. Got our personal chocolate milk carton against the Bulls.. Time to eat chums.. What's on the menu? Looks like.. Crow. :buddies:

IndySDExport
12-14-2011, 05:43 AM
I love this guy.

Exactly what we needed.

McKeyFan
12-14-2011, 08:35 AM
I think his comments on DC were kind of interesting, it will be interesting to see what his presence does for him.
Yeah, interesting.

The only thing he really said is that Collison is "fast."

West is clearly a sharp guy, a diplomat, knows exactly how to handle himself in these interviews. I'm totally impressed.

That said, reading between the lines, I'm more interested in what he didn't say about Collison.

FrenchConnection
12-14-2011, 09:24 AM
That, my friends, is what a grown-*** man sounds like. Its good to have one of those as one of your best players.

BPump33
12-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Good stuff. Check that, great stuff.

Since86
12-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Having a player acknowledge what he is, and then to use the phrase he used "maximize those talents," is quite refreshing. And I hope that Conrad meant, when he called him a "No **** taking player" that he also delivers that message to his teammates.

Nene would have been nice to have, because of his versatility and toughness, but I West is going to make the other players around him better. If Roy/DC/PG, I'll leave out GH due to him being an ex-Spur and having this message beat into his head for 4 solid years, can take that next step it's going to help the Pacers in the long term future a lot more than Nene ever would have.

If the game starts to slow down for Roy, and DC gets more consistancy, then it will really change the dynamic of the team, IMHO.

It just feels good, for once, to have a player that chose us. When you hear him talk positive about the team, it's not forced. He picked this squad because he really believes those reasons, and you can see it in his demeanour.

I'm so ready for this season to start!!

notque
12-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Nene isn't a pick and roll guy though. He's a straight up post player.

We had to have someone who can run the pick and roll with Collison, or why get Collison?

I'm strongly against using last year as a barometer for where Collison is at considering he didn't have anyone to pick with. Chris Paul would have had a hard time on our team as well...

A.B.Hollywood
12-14-2011, 12:45 PM
Really love hearing how DC was recruiting him.

A.B.Hollywood
12-14-2011, 12:55 PM
Nene isn't a pick and roll guy though. He's a straight up post player.

We had to have someone who can run the pick and roll with Collison, or why get Collison?

I'm strongly against using last year as a barometer for where Collison is at considering he didn't have anyone to pick with. Chris Paul would have had a hard time on our team as well...

Err, you had me until here.

CP3 can do EVERYTHING. He wouldn't have a hard time with the 08-09 Indiana Hoosiers.

A.B.Hollywood
12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Another solid interview of West on the Dan Dakich show:

http://www.1070thefan.com/dakich/podcast.aspx

Day-V
12-14-2011, 05:36 PM
That said, reading between the lines, I'm more interested in what he didn't say about Collison.

I think you're reading too much into it. He called into the station today and was talking about how DC called him and how excited DC was that he was here. Seemed pretty excited.

gummy
12-14-2011, 06:27 PM
Oh man, there are so many Media Day Crate Interviews. Now I am sitting here watching them all on my extended work break. Working from home is bad sometimes. ;)

GrangerRanger
12-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Please don't call me racist or gay..

but..

Like Conrad said, this guy is in a handful of people who give me a warm fuzzy feeling. Laid back assurance, with confidence, and lack of an ego. I always liked Denzel for that. As a person, he's perfect for the team. Basketball mind state is perfect for the team. I'm not sure I'm signing those two ingredients off as the perfect recipe for the team yet. We need to see him on the court.

But I won't root against him. Too nice and genuine of a person.

jeffg-body
12-15-2011, 01:17 AM
The more I see of DW the more I like this guy. Did anyone else notice them giant hands that he has. When shook hands with the Pacers staff it looked like a bear paw holding a cubs paw. I like his personality and the way he spoke about our youngsters and his desire to be a mentor or so to say with them.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-15-2011, 01:21 AM
Oh man, there are so many Media Day Crate Interviews. Now I am sitting here watching them all on my extended work break. Working from home is bad sometimes. ;)

You win funniest avatar of the year.