PDA

View Full Version : McBob to sign 2 year deal with LA for mini-mid level exception

90'sNBARocked
12-13-2011, 04:53 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/spearsnbayahoo/status/146686631640965121

F Josh McRoberts to sign two-year deal using mini mid-level exception with @lakers, source tells Y! Avg 7.2 pts, 6.2 rbs w/Indy last season.

Thats seems quite low and not sure how the Grizzlies could have potentially offered less

Maybe its because he felt slighted by the Pacers for not reaching out to his agent sooner and wanted to stick it to us and not allow the Mayo sign and trade

Reaching? probably but outside of the "LA has more to offer than Memphis as a city, not sure what else was the driving factor

Ramitt
12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
at that price the Pacers should have offered him something.

docpaul
12-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Looks like he's clearly going to see significant playing time up front as well, given Bynum's suspension, and:

https://twitter.com/#!/Mike_Bresnahan/statuses/146695747298017282

Bad knee news: Lakers PF Derrick Caracter injured a knee in yesterday's practice. He's getting medical tests now. Might be serious. More TBA

Sookie
12-13-2011, 05:14 PM
The Grizz offered more, Josh just saw an opportunity to get plenty of minutes on a LAKERS team.

LMAO, with all the front court problems the Lakers have been having (Bynum suspension, likely injury in near future, and now this one..) Ater might make the team. I'll laugh so hard.

Mackey_Rose
12-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Memphis' offer was significantly more than the Lakers.

But they aren't the Lakers.

redfoster
12-13-2011, 05:32 PM
Good for JMac. I'm happy for him. He will fit in really well there.

trey
12-13-2011, 05:33 PM
Can't say I blame him. He gets to compete for a chip and learn from some of the best. He's only going to get better in that situation. Plus he gets to live in sexy LA.

McKeyFan
12-13-2011, 05:50 PM
McBob was made for Showtime.

Brad8888
12-13-2011, 05:56 PM
When he nears his prime, he will be in excellent position to maximize his asking price due to the media exposure he will have received nationally for once in his career.

xBulletproof
12-13-2011, 06:00 PM

By significantly more, I'm guessing you mean longer, because I can't see Memphis going into the tax for McRoberts. Anymore per year than the Lakers offer and they would be.

PR07
12-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Good for him. He'll be on a great team and have the chance to play with one of the all-time greats.

Infinite MAN_force
12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Looks like I'm gonna be watching more Lakers games this year.

I don't know if I can stomach rooting for them, but I'll be rooting for him when he gets on the floor. It looks like he will have the opportunity for ample playing time.

Mackey_Rose
12-13-2011, 06:06 PM
By significantly more, I'm guessing you mean longer, because I can't see Memphis going into the tax for McRoberts. Anymore per year than the Lakers offer and they would be.

Longer, and more per year. Heisley was willing to pay the tax.

They wouldn't have had to if Bird hadn't tried to shove Rush down their throats, and just let the Mayo-McRoberts swap go, but McRoberts' deal was also independent of that and Heisley said he'd pay.

Also, I don't know what kind of paper the Commerical-Appeal is, but the Grizzlies' beat writer has some bad information.

Scot Pollard
12-13-2011, 06:08 PM
It'll be tough when we play them and he gets an alley oop pass for a one handed dunk.

I'm happy for him though. He's going to do well there.

Ozwalt72
12-13-2011, 06:09 PM
I'll be able to watch more Laker games than I would Grizzley games, most likely. So that's cool.

Also, no way he gets screwed out of the dunk contest this year.

MaHa3000
12-13-2011, 06:18 PM
They will love him there, Fast break alley-oops

Hicks
12-13-2011, 06:22 PM

5m?

presto123
12-13-2011, 06:23 PM
We'll be sorry.

jeffg-body
12-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Good for him. I am sure having Kobe on the floor will make him look better as well. I wish him nothing but the best.

Doddage
12-13-2011, 06:31 PM
They wouldn't have had to if Bird hadn't tried to shove Rush down their throats, and just let the Mayo-McRoberts swap go, but McRoberts' deal was also independent of that and Heisley said he'd pay.
So that is why the deal didn't go through then? Ugh. I really would have been okay with Rush still on the team as the third string SG/SF.

Gold
12-13-2011, 06:36 PM
Congrats to McRoberts. I'm not the only one who's going to miss the crap out of him am I? All the dunks and awesome passes :(....

Infinite MAN_force
12-13-2011, 06:38 PM
We'll be sorry.

I don't really get this talk, why would he sign here to be third string? Clearly just didn't make sense for either side.

ilive4sports
12-13-2011, 06:39 PM
We'll be sorry.

Doubt it, we just replaced him with David West.

Kemo
12-13-2011, 06:41 PM
We'll be sorry.

I couldn't agree with you more bro ...
While I will be extremely happy for Josh and rooting for him in every game he plays as a Laker (except vs Indiana),I will be extremely sad that we let him slip through our fingers..

It's gonna really hurt seeing him become the great player that I and others have been saying all along he will become, on another team... (especially the Lakers) But I will be extremely pleased to see him do well..

The Lakers is probably the best opportunity Josh could have offered to him...

I look forward to seeing him in the dunk contest soon..

The Lakers fans will adore Josh ... mark my words....

Pacers#1Fan
12-13-2011, 06:43 PM
It hurts to see him go to LA. The state of Indiana has disappointed him a lot really, even going back to when Zeller and Dominique James were voted ahead of him for Indiana's Mr. Basketball. Can't help but wish him nothing but the best. Good luck Josh!

presto123
12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I don't really get this talk, why would he sign here to be third string? Clearly just didn't make sense for either side.

I don't want to start the old debate but I still think down the road he will be a much better player than Tyler. Shame to not watch his progress here.

OlBlu
I don't think so. We added a very good PF in West and McRoberts can only dunk. I do not expect him to get much playing time in LA. I think Luke Walton will play more than he does. As you can see, I am not a McBrick fan and I am having a party celebrating the fact that he is finally gone from Indiana.

90'sNBARocked
What I dont understand is you give a 2 year guaranteed contract to a player comming off a major injury with only a couple years in the league ( Jeff Pendergrass)

But "Mr Irrelevant" who knows the system, is a local kid, only 24 and a former McDonalds All American, is not worth that?

Maybe I will change my tune later but as of right now I got to say" Who the **** would want Jeff freakin Pendergrass over McBob" and then ask them why?

Unless Bird thinks becasue he and DC went to highschool together that good ol fashioned "chemistry" will make him a better fit than McBob

vnzla81
Doubt it, we just replaced him with David West.

Please don't start that talk :-o

vnzla81
12-13-2011, 06:54 PM
What I dont understand is you give a 2 year guaranteed contract to a player comming off a major injury with only a couple years in the league ( Jeff Pendergrass)

But "Mr Irrelevant" who knows the system, is a local kid, only 24 and a former McDonalds All American, is not worth that?

Maybe I will change my tune later but as of right now I got to say" Who the **** would want Jeff freakin Pendergrass over McBob" and then ask them why?

Unless Bird thinks becasue he and DC went to highschool together that good ol fashioned "chemistry" will make him a better fit than McBob

The question should be " who the F wants Pendergraft over anybody"?

ilive4sports
12-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Please don't start that talk :-o

what talk? we did that.

It amazes me at how overrated Josh McRoberts is on this site.

Justin Tyme
12-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I hope only the BEST for him and his future, except against the Pacers, AND a Merry Christmas and a bright HAPPY NEW YEAR to him and his family!

vnzla81
12-13-2011, 07:00 PM
what talk? we did that.

"The Josh Mcroberts David West talk "

90'sNBARocked
what talk? we did that.

In a lot of ways he is but

Again could we call a Mensa guy or someone from the think tank in Indy to explain what they say in Pendergrass vs what McBob has already delivered?

Its not that McBob should start or deserves a fat raise, but why Pendergrass over McBob?

Only thing I can think of is Bird over played his hand on the Mayo trade and was sure that would be a fall back plan, and saw Pendegrass as a McBob replacement

Sookie

There's no point in having Tyler and Josh on the same team, if you are looking for a better starter, which Larry clearly was.

Josh took this amount of money because it was from the Lakers and he was going into a situation where he's going to get impact minutes. He wouldn't have gotten those minutes with Foster and Hans (because regardless of what we think, Larry prefers Tyler) and would have probably required a higher salary, to keep as a third big guy.

This wasn't about Jeff versus Josh, it was about West verus Josh. I might have still gone with Josh, but I could be wrong.

90'sNBARocked
12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
There's no point in having Tyler and Josh on the same team, if you are looking for a better starter, which Larry clearly was.

Josh took this amount of money because it was from the Lakers and he was going into a situation where he's going to get impact minutes. He wouldn't have gotten those minutes with Foster and Hans (because regardless of what we think, Larry prefers Tyler) and would have probably required a higher salary, to keep as a third big guy.

This wasn't about Jeff versus Josh, it was about West verus Josh. I might have still gone with Josh, but I could be wrong.

I feel ya sook

But then please , using the above rational, why Pendergrass over McBob?

Im not on a McBob love feast Im just dying to understand why on Gods green earth would we guarantee a contract for two years for someone we know little about when for virtually the same price or less could have ahd a known commidity as Mc Bob?

presto123
12-13-2011, 07:04 PM
well he will definitely get more exposure now. He'll probably be swimming in Jack Nicholson's pool next summer. LOL

90'sNBARocked
12-13-2011, 07:08 PM
well he will definitely get more exposure now. He'll probably be swimming in Jack Nicholson's pool next summer. LOL

or end up messing with a Kardashian

presto123
12-13-2011, 07:09 PM
or end up messing with a Kardashian

There's enough of them to go around.

Justin Tyme
12-13-2011, 07:11 PM
why would he sign here to be third string?

Or battling for 3rd string PF against Pendergraph.

I'm not saying this went the best for McBob with the Pacers in any way, shape, or form; but sometimes when a door closes another door opens that is better yet. With injuries and possible injuries with the Lakers, this might be just what McBob's career needs to bring forth the game many feels he has.

We all just need to wish him the best and move on. It's going to be an exciting season for the Pacers! How can anyone not feel good nor excited about this coming season? I haven't felt this good about an upcoming Pacers season since I know when.

dal9
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
... McBob love feast ...

good name for a band.

Justin Tyme
12-13-2011, 07:22 PM
I really know nothing about Pendergraph other than what I've read about him the last few days, and I liked what I've read. I remember when McBob became a Pacer, and it was discussed on PD he was a throw in to make the salaries work. Nothing more. Let's give JP (Jeff Pendergraph) a chance to see what he's got b4 roasting him as a useless nothing. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what JP can bring to our Pacers.

90'sNBARocked
12-13-2011, 07:25 PM
good name for a band.

LMAO

caught that one huh?

I can see it now at Mickey D's

The new "McLovin Buger a guarnteed McBob feast"

90'sNBARocked
12-13-2011, 07:27 PM
I really know nothing about Pendergraph other than what I've read about him the last few days, and I liked what I've read. I remember when McBob became a Pacer, and it was discussed on PD he was a throw in to make the salaries work. Nothing more. Let's give JP (Jeff Pendergraph) a chance to see what he's got b4 roasting him as a useless nothing. Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing what JP can bring to our Pacers.

JT

I am with you on all that but still dont understand why let McBob go but give a 2 year GURANTEED contract to someone who was a 2nd round pick last year comming off major knee surgery

Sookie
12-13-2011, 07:28 PM
I feel ya sook

But then please , using the above rational, why Pendergrass over McBob?

Im not on a McBob love feast Im just dying to understand why on Gods green earth would we guarantee a contract for two years for someone we know little about when for virtually the same price or less could have ahd a known commidity as Mc Bob?

Because Josh wasn't going to take such little money for so little playing time.

He's taking that amount from the Lakers because it's the Lakers and he's going to be able to showcase himself for the next contract (in his prime) for the next year. And you know, it's the Lakers.

Yea, he wanted to stay a Pacer. But even if they offered him that amount of money for two years, I don't think Josh takes it. (And I think the Pacers knew it.) In this scenario, Josh is in Indiana, with low exposure, and unable to get playing time for his next contract. Oh, and not on a contender.

Pendegrass essentially signed here to sit in a suit, and play as well as he can on the rare occasions his number is called.

Pacersalltheway10
12-13-2011, 07:34 PM
We just got a new McRoberts in Pendergraph.

Naptown_Seth
12-13-2011, 07:41 PM
It made sense for our side to keep him and use him.

West - Roy - Tyler - Jeff - Josh - Pendy

Jeff will NOT make it 66 games at 20 mpg, it just seems really unlikely. Roy will have foul problems on some nights as well.

Minutes were there and if he performed then he'd move ahead of Tyler also.

It's TNT NUKE MELTDOWN if West gets hurt.

BTW, it would at least be different if the Pacers had made an offer and he decided to pass on it. Instead they just skipped ahead to Pendergraph and treated Josh's time here like a done deal.

Lucky for Bird the Lakers don't play in Conseco this year, and the trip to LA will be worse for the Lakers because they will be on one day rest after 2 games in Florida while the Pacers will be on one day rest after 2 games in California. Not just a time zone hit but also coming off of games vs Dallas, Miami and Orlando.

Nice break for the Pacers there.

imawhat
12-13-2011, 07:54 PM
Best of luck here in LA, Josh. It was a pleasure to watch you play in Indy.

rm1369
12-13-2011, 07:55 PM

I'll just reiterated what I've been saying for a couple years: it was almost criminally stupid to draft Tyler for the exact same reason you are using to justify letting Josh walk - we already had backup quality PFs. Bird passed on a starting PG for a backup PF. Two years later we are still trying to upgrade PG and PF. It was a stupid move that continues to hurt this team.

Naptown_Seth
12-13-2011, 08:02 PM
I know all of PD can see this coming from a mile away. I'm sorry, but I'm compelled in a Peck/Dale way...

I don't think so. We added a very good PF in West and McRoberts can only dunk. I do not expect him to get much playing time in LA. I think Luke Walton will play more than he does. As you can see, I am not a McBrick fan and I am having a party celebrating the fact that he is finally gone from Indiana.
I can see that to you a PF that can hit for 38% from THREE is a "McBrick".

FG% - 55, Adjusted FG% - 57.6

And he led the F-bomb team last year in Adjusted btw. From your expert analysis that to you looked like a guy hitting iron all the time. You do not know what you are talking about, period.

"can only dunk" - except the 2.1 apg

The team had 8 guys play at least 1000 minutes (ie, not TJ, AJ or Lance), and among those players Josh was SECOND on the team in Assists per minute with a P36 of 3.4, 2nd to Collison's 6.1 and higher than Roy's 2.7, Danny's 2.6 or Mike "Mr. Offensive Awareness" Dun's 2.2.

His 1.3 blocks P36 was 2nd to Roy's 2.3 (discounting Solo's low playing time) and TRIPLE the rate of blocks for Tyler.

His rebounding per minute was identical to Tyler 8.6 to 8.6 P36.

His fouls per minute was lower than Roy and Tyler slightly despite being the youngest of the 3.

His steals per minute, also higher than Tyler. 1.1 to 0.9, and just below Danny's 1.2.

So his shot selection was good, but rather than just dunk he also showed (per JOB's request) that he could stretch to the 3 if needed and did so at a virtually identical rate to Danny. He rebounded as well as the big star hustler Tyler. He defended at a better level than just about anyone other than George yet did so without going foul crazy.

:mad:
I just lose it when I see totally uninformed posts like this and I have to think that this is where opinions come from? You just make up whatever without accounting for the actual results? Or maybe you just tuned in to the playoffs when he was injured because the team wasn't worth following before then?

Yes, he does not have a post scoring game and West just dwarfs him in that manner. But "can only dunk" just sounds like someone who didn't watch the Pacers play last year other than highlights.

Pacergeek
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Although I was a fan of Josh, and will always support the local guys, I can see why it is for the best that he is gone. We simply don't have enough resources to develop yet another young player. DC, Hill, George, Tyler, Lance, and Roy are the core guys that management has decided to go forward with in their development process. Josh would be the seventh prospect to develop. Eventually you need to cut bait with some of your prospects and give more attention/minutes to players that you see being a better long-term fit. I wouldn't have had a problem with re-signing Josh, but if the Pacers want to move forward and become a contender, you need to put already established veterans in place like David West. The whole Pendergraph signing has gotten way too much attention on PD. He will be our 15th man, and is the new Solomon Jones on our roster.

Naptown_Seth
12-13-2011, 08:13 PM
And the Lakers have interest in Josh and are contenders and have been in title hunts or won titles the last 30 years.

So either they turned stupid or Josh actually has some NBA value.

JOB calls Josh's first half vs LA irrelevant.
Now JOB is out of the NBA and Josh is being asked to play for those same Lakers.
JOB FAIL.

I'm not ashamed to say I take some joy from that aspect.

owl
12-13-2011, 08:18 PM
The whole Pendergraph signing has gotten way too much attention on PD. He will be our 15th man, and is the new Solomon Jones on our roster.

Unless there is another bigman coming to play with the Pacers I think you will see a lot more of Pendergraph than you think. He may become very important if Foster is limited.

IndySDExport
12-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Although we appreciate McBob, I can't wait to see how Laker fans respond.

I'm in LA and have to listen to these people whine on sports radio all the time. I can only imagine what losing Lamar for a trade exception (which is going over horribly out here) and picking up McBob, who probably no one has heard of, is going to do to the radio dialogue. Should be a fun week.

ksuttonjr76
12-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I'm surprised that no one stated the obvious. Josh McRoberts was signed to replace Lamar Odom. I always thought that McRoberts was a poor man's version of Odom. As a career decision, it was a good move for him.

Anthem
12-13-2011, 08:33 PM
McBob would have gotten plenty of backup center minutes, I think, even with Foster there.

And next year the cupboard gets really bare.

Infinite MAN_force
12-13-2011, 08:44 PM
McBob would have gotten plenty of backup center minutes, I think, even with Foster there.

And next year the cupboard gets really bare.

If you were Josh McRoberts, would you take less than market value to be the 5th big man on the depth chart... just because Foster "probably" won't play every game?

Or would you go to LA and step into Lamar Odom's former role on a title contender?

Doesn't make any sense for the Pacers to pay Josh to sit on the bench. Doesn't make any sense for Josh to sign with the Pacers to sit on the bench. For what? To play on Foster's off nights? Not a good career move.

spazzxb
12-13-2011, 09:08 PM
And the Lakers have interest in Josh and are contenders and have been in title hunts or won titles the last 30 years.

Now JOB is out of the NBA and Josh is being asked to play for those same Lakers.
JOB FAIL.

Lakers don't need him to play the 5, we needed someone who could. La is a good fit for him.

luis3ep
12-13-2011, 09:12 PM
Happy for McRoberts. It's a shame he couldn't stay here as he was one of my favorite Pacers. It's a consolation though that he's going to my 2nd favorite team in the league! I will ALWAYS be #1 pacers fan, with the lakers a close 2nd. He moved on from my favorite team to second. not too shabby, although i still wish he was a pacer!! good luck in LA Josh, i'm sure you'll shine bright there!!

SycamoreKen
12-13-2011, 09:26 PM
Brent Barry was talking on the local radio station today about Dujan Blair and how people see him produce 16 and 8 in 22 minutes and think he should get more time based on that, when in reality players like that have their production decrease with extended minutes. Maybe Josh fits in that category. I'm sure we will see if he gets extended minutes with the Lakers.

Justin Tyme
12-13-2011, 10:28 PM
JT

I am with you on all that but still dont understand why let McBob go but give a 2 year GURANTEED contract to someone who was a 2nd round pick last year comming off major knee surgery

I understand what you are saying. Wish I had and answer for you. Maybe Bird felt McBob was not worth the money McBob would want and decided to go another cheaper direction. OR maybe he was tired of all the McBob vs Hans controversy he reads on PD, and he felt it was counter productive for Hans. IOW, I have no clue.

cdash
12-13-2011, 10:33 PM
I was going to post something nice about Josh in this thread, but the zealots made me cringe at the thought.

Either way, LA is a great situation for Josh. With Odom now gone, he can fill that versatile forward role (although much, much less effectively) on the Lakers squad. Happy for him, hope he finds success.

presto123
12-13-2011, 10:50 PM
I was going to post something nice about Josh in this thread, but the zealots made me cringe at the thought.

Either way, LA is a great situation for Josh. With Odom now gone, he can fill that versatile forward role (although much, much less effectively) on the Lakers squad. Happy for him, hope he finds success.

Couldn't resist taking a parting shot in parenthesis:laugh:

Anthem
12-13-2011, 10:57 PM
If you were Josh McRoberts, would you take less than market value to be the 5th big man on the depth chart... just because Foster "probably" won't play every game?
You put a 12mil/3year offer on his door the moment free agency opens, and the Lakers never get a chance to bid.

If you don't need him, he's a capable big man on a good contract. Not hard to move.

I just hate losing something for nothing.

OlBlu
12-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I know all of PD can see this coming from a mile away. I'm sorry, but I'm compelled in a Peck/Dale way...

I can see that to you a PF that can hit for 38% from THREE is a "McBrick".

FG% - 55, Adjusted FG% - 57.6

And he led the F-bomb team last year in Adjusted btw. From your expert analysis that to you looked like a guy hitting iron all the time. You do not know what you are talking about, period.

"can only dunk" - except the 2.1 apg

The team had 8 guys play at least 1000 minutes (ie, not TJ, AJ or Lance), and among those players Josh was SECOND on the team in Assists per minute with a P36 of 3.4, 2nd to Collison's 6.1 and higher than Roy's 2.7, Danny's 2.6 or Mike "Mr. Offensive Awareness" Dun's 2.2.

His 1.3 blocks P36 was 2nd to Roy's 2.3 (discounting Solo's low playing time) and TRIPLE the rate of blocks for Tyler.

His rebounding per minute was identical to Tyler 8.6 to 8.6 P36.

His fouls per minute was lower than Roy and Tyler slightly despite being the youngest of the 3.

His steals per minute, also higher than Tyler. 1.1 to 0.9, and just below Danny's 1.2.

So his shot selection was good, but rather than just dunk he also showed (per JOB's request) that he could stretch to the 3 if needed and did so at a virtually identical rate to Danny. He rebounded as well as the big star hustler Tyler. He defended at a better level than just about anyone other than George yet did so without going foul crazy.

:mad:
I just lose it when I see totally uninformed posts like this and I have to think that this is where opinions come from? You just make up whatever without accounting for the actual results? Or maybe you just tuned in to the playoffs when he was injured because the team wasn't worth following before then?

Yes, he does not have a post scoring game and West just dwarfs him in that manner. But "can only dunk" just sounds like someone who didn't watch the Pacers play last year other than highlights.
No, I have watched lots of games and I have watched McBrick since high school. I have never liked him or his game and I am celebrating that he is gone. Your stats don't mean much. The fact is that if he was called on to score more, he couldn't do it. Obviously Bird and the Pacers could have had him for $3 million. The cost of living in California will more than eat up the rest. I think the Lakers will be very disappointed with their aquisition and by mid season, McStiff will be riding the pine or sitting out games........

Pacerized
12-13-2011, 11:04 PM
You put a 12mil/3year offer on his door the moment free agency opens, and the Lakers never get a chance to bid.

If you don't need him, he's a capable big man on a good contract. Not hard to move.

If the Pacers wanted him, he would have stayed for a lot less then that.
His market value was mini mle money. We could have had him for 2 yeas at 2.5-3 mil per year. I like Josh but we're too small in the front court to have him penciled in as a back up center. I wish Josh luck.

rexnom
12-13-2011, 11:16 PM

Well, it's not nothing. It would be 4 million worth of cap space for a player we don't really need. We're still insanely flexible because we spent the offseason only offering contracts to guys we need at prices we want.

rm1369
12-13-2011, 11:25 PM
No, I have watched lots of games and I have watched McBrick since high school. I have never liked him or his game and I am celebrating that he is gone. Your stats don't mean much. The fact is that if he was called on to score more, he couldn't do it. Obviously Bird and the Pacers could have had him for $3 million. The cost of living in California will more than eat up the rest. I think the Lakers will be very disappointed with their aquisition and by mid season, McStiff will be riding the pine or sitting out games........

So you're just a good old fashioned hater.....

dal9
12-13-2011, 11:38 PM
LMAO

caught that one huh?

I can see it now at Mickey D's

The new "McLovin Buger a guarnteed McBob feast"

gotta start raking in that LA endorsement $$$

trs72
12-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Good luck to McBob. While I hate the Lakers and hope they fall apart, I hope he has individual success.

Basketball Fan
12-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Its a good move for him but a bad move for the Lakers...

If they want a ring they should know you shouldn't have a Dukie on your roster....

And well I wouldn't trust Mike Brown to actually coach a team to a title anyways but that's another story.

Pacer Fan
12-14-2011, 01:23 AM
More play time for Josh to show the world what he's got!!

Lakers lose Caracter
CBSSports.com Fantasy Lakers F Derrick Caracter tore cartilage in his left knee and will have surgery on Wednesday, according to the Los Angeles Times. Caracter suffered the injury during Monday's practice. There is no timetable for his return, but he could miss a couple months.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-14-2011, 04:14 AM

JOB FAIL.

I feel like there is a lot of unrealized potential in that acronym (JOB).

JOB + hand =

JOB + blow =

JOB + rim =

I think we as a community are obligated to come up with something that is sufficiently derogatory yet still easily understandable.

spazzxb
12-14-2011, 04:21 AM
I feel like there is a lot of unrealized potential in that acronym (JOB).

JOB + hand =

JOB + blow =

JOB + rim =

I think we as a community are obligated to come up with something that is sufficiently derogatory yet still easily understandable.

The past sucked, get over it.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-14-2011, 04:43 AM
The past sucked, get over it.

No.

spazzxb
12-14-2011, 06:09 AM
No.

Guess thats your choice, the present is more fun.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-14-2011, 06:30 AM
funner.

More fun.

http://s-ak.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web05/2011/3/18/1/enhanced-buzz-15854-1300424464-1.jpg

McKeyFan
12-14-2011, 07:54 AM
I think the Lakers will be very disappointed with their aquisition and by mid season, McStiff will be riding the pine or sitting out games........
I disagree. I think the move is good for both teams. And for Josh.

We don't have the talent for someone with Josh's skill set--a versatile, athletic complimentary glue guy. But the Lakers do.

It's possible that it doesn't work out. But I think it is also possible that he really begins to shine in L.A. Heck, ESPN highlights loved him as a Pacer. Imagine the PR he'll get as a Laker.

Mackey_Rose
12-14-2011, 11:10 AM

Compare Josh's numbers from last year (his 4th season, 24 years old) to Lamar's numbers 2002-2003, (his 4th season, 24 years old) and you will see that they are a pretty good comparison.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=mcrobjo01&y1=2011&p2=odomla01&y2=2003

Lamar was asked to be a star on a horrible Clippers team, and was asked to play significantly more minutes. Josh was a supporting player on a playoff team last year, and played his role perfectly. Far fewer minutes, but if you compare their numbers on the standard per 36 minutes basis, the comparison holds up.

Lamar averaged 15.3 points, 7.0 rebounds, and 3.8 assists, while shooting .439/.326/.777

Josh averaged 12.0 points, 8.6 rebounds, and 3.4 assists, while shooting .547/.383/.739

That was as a complementary player to guys like Collison, Granger, and Hibbert. Make him a complementary player to guys like Kobe, Pau, and Bynum (or maybe CP3 or Howard) and you don't think that kind of production will translate even better?

pacergod2
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
Kobe Bryant is going to make Josh McRoberts a MUCH better player. Kobe is going to be hard on the kid, but he will be willing to work hard to improve. Kobe will help set him up and see the game better. McRoberts is going to be a much better player in LA than he was here, and I loved his game here. Inconsistent is a word I would use to describe our entire roster the last couple of years. Rush gets most of the blame because he failed a drug test and it is too easy. McRoberts doesn't get the love, because 90% of people don't watch the game. If we had a more consistent situation, there is no reason for him to be going anywhere, but he is and I wish him well.

Did I mention he is going to blow up in Lakerland?