PDA

View Full Version : League Pass is available!

xtacy
12-13-2011, 03:50 AM
just got it with a %10 discount.

xBulletproof
12-13-2011, 05:42 AM
Where? The website for it is still showing nothing.

xtacy
12-13-2011, 05:59 AM
https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

i used this.

King Tuts Tomb
12-13-2011, 06:03 AM
Xtacy, it says ilp is $220, I feel like that's way more than it used to be. How much is it in Turkey?

31andonly
12-13-2011, 06:22 AM
Xtacy, it says ilp is $220, I feel like that's way more than it used to be. How much is it in Turkey?

Free preview until January 9th.

It's also 220 $ in Germany (151 €), much more than it used to be. Difference is, however, that this time playoffs and finals are automatically included, whereas in the years before you only payed for the regular season and had to order a playoffs package seperately.

King Tuts Tomb
12-13-2011, 06:27 AM

It's also 220 $ in Germany (151 €), much more than it used to be. Difference is, however, that this time playoffs and finals are automatically included, whereas in the years before you only payed for the regular season and had to order a playoffs package seperately.

Ah, that's right. Thanks, I didn't see that. It was always annoying to have to pay again when the playoffs started.

If anyone else is using international and didn't get the e-mail from NBA.com with the discount code here it is:

"Visit www.NBA.tv and enter the code "EMAILCOL2011" to receive a 10% discount. This offer expires on January 9, 2012. Sign up today!"

xBulletproof
12-13-2011, 06:39 AM
https://ilp.nba.com/nbalp/secure/registerform

i used this.

Here's what I got .... :laugh:

This page is unavailable in your area. Please visit http://www.nba.com/leaguepass to subscribe to NBA League Pass.

Routed me right back to the page for the US, and it's got nothing.

*EDIT* However, I looked on U-Verse and it's under the list of TV Services now. U-Verse never had League Pass before!

_

31andonly
12-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Anybody have an idea on where to watch preseason games?

...i just can't wait to watch Pacers basketball again.

Gremz
12-13-2011, 08:29 AM
In AUS it's $219 USD for all teams or $169 USD for just the Pacers games and the playoffs.

I'm pretty sure I paid a lot less last year for 82 games, all teams AND the playoffs. What's the dealio?!?!?!?!

xtacy
12-13-2011, 08:30 AM
it was saying $140, with the discount code i got it for $125.

and for me the big change is it didn't work on the computer at my work last year. the page was blocked. this year it is not.

BRushWithDeath
12-13-2011, 08:32 AM
The league suffers through a bitter lockout, shortens the season by 16 games, removes any and all credibility by vetoing fair trades, and still manages to up the price for its hardcore fans to be able to watch games?

The NBA: It's FAN-tastic!!!

Gremz
12-13-2011, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit of an Angry Andy about this.

granger33
12-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Ill get it. But its a rip off.

Mackey_Rose
12-13-2011, 08:45 AM
I'm sure glad we had that lockout to help those poor billionaire owners who were suffering financially so badly.

I hope this price increase on a lesser product (240 less games) helps them stay afloat.

Gremz
12-13-2011, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I'm the same boat. Without it we literally get no coverage in Australia. There better be a whole host of ridiculous extras for us though.

granger33
12-13-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah, I'm the same boat. Without it we literally get no coverage in Australia. There better be a whole host of ridiculous extras for us though.

Yes Sir! Definitely without ONE HD now. Get no games on free to air, and only 2 a week on foxtel.

Gremz
12-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Yes Sir! Definitely without ONE HD now. Get no games on free to air, and only 2 a week on foxtel.

Yeah, I remember the days before I had League Pass. I think I remember seeing one pacers game in three seasons on foxtel.

Dr. Awesome
12-13-2011, 09:19 AM
The league suffers through a bitter lockout, shortens the season by 16 games, removes any and all credibility by vetoing fair trades, and still manages to up the price for its hardcore fans to be able to watch games?

The NBA: It's FAN-tastic!!!

I can't figure out which fair trade you are referring to? It sure as hell can't be the Chris Paul trade...

Anyway, I've gotten NBALP about every year it's been out except one. I will not be getting it because of the lockout. I will not support all the selfish pricks in the NBA. I want them to know they lost fans with this whole mess.

That being said: I will still always root for the Indiana Pacers, check the scores frequently on ESPN.com, and post here.

I can't not like the Pacers, but I ******* hate the NBA.

BKK
12-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I'm really considering geting League Pass this year (Christmas time!!!) but man that's a stiff price for a shortened season. Just to make sure : all games are archived and you can watch them whenever you want? I'm a bit tired of staying up late in week to watch a crappy stream :laugh:

bellisimo
12-13-2011, 10:46 AM
just checked here in Hungary - its showing as $139 USD for all teams and $109 USD for just Pacers games. I remember last season the full one was $129 and then there was another additional package for playoffs - so it seems like its roughly the same or even cheaper with the 10% discount

31andonly
12-13-2011, 10:51 AM
So in Hungary it's 60$ cheaper than in Germany???

bellisimo
12-13-2011, 10:54 AM
certainly seems that way - 5 payments of $28 USD also available

King Tuts Tomb
12-13-2011, 10:56 AM
Jesus, Japan is $220 USD. Why such a huge difference between countries?

Major Cold
12-13-2011, 11:02 AM

This means I can watch games on vacation.....SWEET!!!!

bellisimo
12-13-2011, 11:11 AM

well considering that in Hungary you've done well if you're earning over 1,500 EUR per month...it makes sense to make it a bit cheaper in certain regions...

Shade
12-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Is there an iPhone app for this? I'm switching to night shifts in January so that would be pretty much the only way I'd be able to watch weeknight games during the season. :(

Kegboy
12-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed that every game is gonna be televised this year.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/

BillS
12-13-2011, 11:45 AM

Some of it could be tariffs and regulatory.

sheppie33
12-13-2011, 11:53 AM
169 through DIRECTV......i think you get broadband with it too......

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/content/sports/nba?footernavtype=-1&lpos=header

BRushWithDeath
12-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Is there an iPhone app for this? I'm switching to night shifts in January so that would be pretty much the only way I'd be able to watch weeknight games during the season. :(

I've watched it on my iPad so I assume you could on your iPhone as well.

notque
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM

Looks like I will be in Germany for a good two months of next year. It'd be awesome to get a beer with another Pacer fan in Germany.

I'll be near Heidelberg.

docpaul
12-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I noticed that every game is gonna be televised this year.

http://www.nba.com/pacers/schedule/

This is absolutely awesome news. All 66 games in HD. +1 FSI!

dsprin8171
12-13-2011, 12:42 PM
When I called ATT about league pass, I was told that the price was $199. But he then told me that I could order the half season package for $109 that I believe starts on Jan 21. If there is a free preview until Jan 9, Im tempted to save the $90 and just sacrifice the 11 days that I would be without it.

Hicks
12-13-2011, 02:41 PM

There was last year. But keep in mind local games get blacked out if they are on national TV (ha!) or being covered by FSN Indiana.

31andonly
12-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Looks like I will be in Germany for a good two months of next year. It'd be awesome to get a beer with another Pacer fan in Germany.

I'll be near Heidelberg.

Sure, just let me know when you'll be there...Heidelberg is actually a bit far away from where I live, but we'll see. We've got some good beer here, would definitely be cool!!!

Shade
12-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I've watched it on my iPad so I assume you could on your iPhone as well.

What's the name of the app? I don't think it's currently in the AppStore.

Anthem
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
NBA Gametime.

notque
12-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Sure, just let me know when you'll be there...Heidelberg is actually a bit far away from where I live, but we'll see. We've got some good beer here, would definitely be cool!!!

I doubt I'll mind driving. I won't know very many people at all, so it's going to be quite a challenge anyway :)

I'll let you know as things get closer. Looks like January-ish.

Mackey_Rose
12-13-2011, 06:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/NBA-League-Pass-won-t-dip-down-as-the-NBA-gives?urn=nba-wp11747&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

NBA League Pass won’t dip down, as the NBA gives the finger to its fans

By Kelly Dwyer

Based on the pro-rated comparison, with 66 games in the 2011-12 lockout-shortened NBA season as compared with the usual 82, the price for the NBA's League Pass package (which allows for fans to watch every televised game just as long as it is not on national TV, and not locally blacked out) should have gone down from $179 to $145 this season.

Ardent fans, thinking the NBA would throw the junkies a hit after dragging them through the mess of a five-month lockout, assumed the NBA would lower its prices even further. After all, it's those obsessive fans that drive the NBA. That pushes local ratings, drive up website hits, and let their faces flicker in front of NBA TV for hours on end.

Forget that, the NBA said. We're going to raise the price.

That's right, after holding steady at $179 for the last few years, the NBA has responded to the shortened season they created by holding serve in the United States (in a way) and raising prices for international subscribers. Because they don't care about you.

This is the league, mind you, that overspent by a good third to buy the failing New Orleans Hornets for $300 million last year. This is the league that spends endless amounts on all manner of promotion (because they really needed the rights to that Lenny Kravitz or Pink song) that rarely results in revenue. This is the league -- mind you, this is coming from a WNBA fan that enjoys watching WNBA games in the summer time -- that has been subsidizing the WNBA's money-losing operations since 1997.

This is a league that doesn't care about its fans. Sure, David Stern sent off a letter (in PDF format; way to keep with the pulse of your readership, David) to fans last week that nobody read, but this hardly makes a ripple. Understanding what counts amongst your core fandom? That's important. You have to understand what constitutes "the little things," and then act accordingly. Raising League Pass prices, if only for a tenner, in a "season" like this? Are you mad?

Well, yeah. Mad with power. Absolutely drunk with it. And apparently, when he's drinking, David Stern is a mean, thoughtless drunk. And apparently he's been on a bender for the better part of the year.

You had one chance to slightly reward your loyal fandom, NBA. One chance to cut them a small break, just enough to buy the beer, chips, and energy drinks needed to make it through what is going to be a fantastic, League Pass-addled, December 26th. You can poorly run an NBA team in New Orleans from half a country away, and keep an entire league on hold for five months, but you can't cater even symbolically to those who champion your product by getting together with your various partners and cutting these fans a break?

Just when we think we're cynical enough, that our naiveté has been singed off of our cerebellum through repeated brandings, David Stern and the NBA find a new way to disappoint.

http://missbee12.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/nba_cares.gif

King Tuts Tomb
12-14-2011, 06:54 AM
Just ordered league pass. Really cool layout this year. With the promo code it was $200, definitely looks to be well worth it with some of the new features and all the games archived and the ability to watch it on my iPad.

JB24
12-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Wow, it looks like we lucked out in Canada. 99 bucks for ILP (AND I got a 15 percent discount since I'm a repeat customer), fully archived and if last year is any indication, the picture is near HD quality depending on your internet service. The only annoying thing is if you're watching an archived game that went into overtime, you'll know since it indicates it at the bottom. Other than that I think its a great service for the price.

Question to anyone who might have experience with this: If I sign up for ILP in one country, will I be able to use it in another? I'll be in Europe and the Middle East over the holidays and would hate to miss the first five games.

PaulGeorge24
12-14-2011, 09:34 AM
What a joke!

Mackey_Rose
12-14-2011, 09:42 AM
I would have understood if they were simply prorating the cost from last year for the fewer number of games. I still think that would have been wrong, but to leave the cost the same is ridiculous.

Of course I'll buy it anyway, but the way the league takes advantage of its biggest fans is unbelievable.

Phildog
12-14-2011, 09:46 AM
Of course I'll buy it anyway, .

And that's why they do it. The only way to decrease price is to reduce demand, Ie., don't buy. NBA knows the fans still want to watch, therefore no decrease in demand.

HC
12-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Between the league's other nationally televised games and Pacers on FSI I'm good. Ten bucks a month for me.

xtacy
12-14-2011, 09:55 AM
And that's why they do it. The only way to decrease price is to reduce demand, Ie., don't buy. NBA knows the fans still want to watch, therefore no decrease in demand.

definately true but unfortunately there is no substitute for this product especially for people that don't live in us. it's either this or searching for crappy streams at 2-3 am for me.

Phildog
12-14-2011, 09:58 AM
definately true but unfortunately there is no substitute for this product especially for people that don't live in us. it's either this or searching for crappy streams at 2-3 am for me.

And I don't blame you one bit. It just sucks. I for one am going to see if I can use the crappy streams this year....we'll see how long I can last :)

HC
12-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Does the NBA not have an audio pass? That would be better than nothing, and cheaper. Also, they should have a plan tier. Maybe let people access only archived games for a cheaper price.

King Tuts Tomb
12-14-2011, 10:07 AM
Does the NBA not have an audio pass? That would be better than nothing, and cheaper. Also, they should have a plan tier. Maybe let people access only archived games for a cheaper price.

I don't know if it's still that way but league pass audio was free for the last couple years I believe, as long as you signed up on NBA.com.

King Tuts Tomb
12-14-2011, 10:14 AM
I would have understood if they were simply prorating the cost from last year for the fewer number of games. I still think that would have been wrong, but to leave the cost the same is ridiculous.

Of course I'll buy it anyway, but the way the league takes advantage of its biggest fans is unbelievable.

I don't really see it as taking advantage of fans. For the price I paid last year for league pass in the US, I probably paid about thirty cents a game. This year with international that'll probably be about a dollar a game.

Paying a dollar for two and a half hours of high quality basketball in really nice HD, on demand at any time for 8 months including the playoffs and all star weekend, I find really hard to believe I'm being taken advantage of.

If anything that's a steal compared to how expensive every other form of entertainment is where I live. A two hour ball game for one dollar or a two hour movie ticket at twenty six dollars a piece, I'll pay for league pass.

PaulGeorge24
12-14-2011, 10:24 AM
just got it with a %10 discount.

What's the promo code you used to get that discount? ;)

rel
12-14-2011, 10:28 AM
anyone know if multiple ppl can use one account at the same time. Like can my brother stream from his computer while i'm streaming from another?

If we could share a league pass account we'd save a buttload of money :P

(I know you can do this for Netflix)

Mackey_Rose
12-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I don't really see it as taking advantage of fans. For the price I paid last year for league pass in the US, I probably paid about thirty cents a game. This year with international that'll probably be about a dollar a game.

Paying a dollar for two and a half hours of high quality basketball in really nice HD, on demand at any time for 8 months including the playoffs and all star weekend, I find really hard to believe I'm being taken advantage of.

If anything that's a steal compared to how expensive every other form of entertainment is where I live. A two hour ball game for one dollar or a two hour movie ticket at twenty six dollars a piece, I'll pay for league pass.

Where the hell do you live?

bellisimo
12-14-2011, 10:46 AM
Where the hell do you live?

he is in Japan

Noodle
12-14-2011, 11:02 AM
Hate to tell you guys this, but you could always use the archive and watch it online with your subcription through your service provider. They just made it easier. I have been using the broadband feature and archives in unison with my TV subcription for two years now.

xtacy
12-14-2011, 11:31 AM
What's the promo code you used to get that discount? ;)

http://pacersdigest.com/showpost.php?p=1317212&postcount=6

i deleted the mail and don't remember if it was the same.

cordobes
12-14-2011, 11:42 AM
Some of it could be tariffs and regulatory.

I think most of it is due to the differences in the number of blacked out games. In Spain, the price is $99.99 USD - which is actually cheaper than ever. Today I traveeled to Portugal, decided to take care of this issue and when I logged in the page I noticed the price was... $220 USD. There are lots of TV broadcasted games in Spain though, including every playoff game, and I think that's the main reason for the price difference. It has to be.

With the RETSUB2011 code, I ended up buying it for less than €60 (and blockouts are very easy to circumvent, if necessary - I do it often because I'm traveling or simply because I need the sound as I prefer the American commentators over local ones). Its' a no-brainer. No complaints from me.

bellisimo
12-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I think most of it is due to the differences in the number of blacked out games. In Spain, the price is $99.99 USD - which is actually cheaper than ever. Today I traveeled to Portugal, decided to take care of this issue and when I logged in the page I noticed the price was... $220 USD. There are lots of TV broadcasted games in Spain though, including every playoff game, and I think that's the main reason for the price difference. It has to be.

With the RETSUB2011 code, I ended up buying it for less than €60 (and blockouts are very easy to circumvent, if necessary - I do it often because I'm traveling or simply because I need the sound as I prefer the American commentators over local ones). Its' a no-brainer. No complaints from me.

I don't think its the blackout cause in Hungary you hardly get any NBA coverage on TV...

Trophy
12-15-2011, 12:37 PM
I got it $20 cheaper.

Hicks
12-15-2011, 02:16 PM
It's still 169 and 109 in the States.

xBulletproof
12-15-2011, 02:23 PM
It's still 169 and 109 in the States.

U-Verse has it listed as $199. Anyone know if I will get a credit back to my account or what?

Hicks
12-15-2011, 03:06 PM
http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/index.html

themayhem87
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
Here's info on the league pass for comcast subscribers: http://www.mostlivesports.com/sportspackages/

Its only $169. This is my first time doing it. Please tell me I'm going to be able to have these games in HD. Please.

HickeyS2000
12-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Just called DirecTV and told them to cancel my auto-renewal. I thought I would be upset, but after realizing how different the NFL and NBA treats their fans, that felt great! I'm glad I don't need this to get the ~10 opponent-feed-only games this year. Thanks FSI!

Unclebuck
12-17-2011, 10:36 PM
U-Verse has it listed as $199. Anyone know if I will get a credit back to my account or what?

Yeah that is what u-verse is telling me too

RLeWorm
12-20-2011, 11:50 PM
Has anybody purchased the league pass broadband? If so, do u know if u actually have to activate it?

Trophy
12-20-2011, 11:53 PM
With all Pacers games on FSI, LP will be showing it the whole season and the other teams network.

That's what they did last season and I can't imagine them not doing it during the regular season. You got both team's networks to choose from.

xBulletproof
12-20-2011, 11:55 PM
Has anybody purchased the league pass broadband? If so, do u know if u actually have to activate it?

I've had it for years. You'll have a login and password you'll use to sign in, then you'll pay for the service under that login. After that when you login there will be a link to open another page after you sign in.

If you're concerned about not seeing anything at this point, I don't think preseason games show on it.

Trophy
12-20-2011, 11:57 PM

I know with the whole package, you have to activate BB.

RLeWorm
12-21-2011, 12:03 AM
I've had it for years. You'll have a login and password you'll use to sign in, then you'll pay for the service under that login. After that when you login there will be a link to open another page after you sign in.

If you're concerned about not seeing anything at this point, I don't think preseason games show on it.

yea, i made the account before i purchased it. I bought the 5 team package and i still haven't selected the teams.

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:12 AM
yea, i made the account before i purchased it. I bought the 5 team package and i still haven't selected the teams.

OK, you're in uncharted territory for me. I always got the entire league, so I don't know how choosing teams and all that works.

Since we're on the subject of asking questions, this is the first year I'll be ordering League Pass on a TV service. Does anyone know how the activation process works with broadband and mobile? Just curiosity. My gf will probably want the TV at sometime this year and I'll just watch games on the laptop.

RLeWorm
12-21-2011, 12:19 AM
does mobile come with the tv package too?

xBulletproof
12-21-2011, 12:24 AM
does mobile come with the tv package too?

From their website.

http://www.nba.com/leaguepass/

TV/Broadband/Mobile

Watch live NBA games wherever you are!

One Price gets you FREE mobile access
$169

Frostwolf
12-21-2011, 07:49 AM
it's $149 for the more expensive package in korea. yay.

31andonly
12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
anyone know if multiple ppl can use one account at the same time. Like can my brother stream from his computer while i'm streaming from another?

If we could share a league pass account we'd save a buttload of money :P

(I know you can do this for Netflix)

No, when watching at the same time from different computers, one of you is getting kicked out.

Edit: At least that's how it is for international subscribers.

Shade
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM
With all Pacers games on FSI, LP will be showing it the whole season and the other teams network.

That's what they did last season and I can't imagine them not doing it during the regular season. You got both team's networks to choose from.

So, there will be no blacked out games on LP then?

bellisimo
12-21-2011, 09:49 AM
just got it now for $118USD
Use Promo Code RETSUB2011 for 15%

Trophy
12-21-2011, 10:58 AM
So, there will be no blacked out games on LP then?

Depending on where you live.

What I meant was both teams networks will be available to choose from. One being the Clippers vs. Lakers, for example. You'll be able to pick which network from the two you want to see the game. That's what happened for me last year during the regular season, but I only got one team's telecast during the preseason.

Blackouts will probably still apply for both anyway due to where ever you live.

CableKC
12-21-2011, 11:23 AM
just got it now for $118USD
Use Promo Code RETSUB2011 for 15%
Is this for NBALP on Comcast?

or

Is this for just the Broadband version of NBALP?

Shade
12-21-2011, 12:53 PM
Depending on where you live.

What I meant was both teams networks will be available to choose from. One being the Clippers vs. Lakers, for example. You'll be able to pick which network from the two you want to see the game. That's what happened for me last year during the regular season, but I only got one team's telecast during the preseason.

Blackouts will probably still apply for both anyway due to where ever you live.

Well, I live in Indianapolis, so this isn't looking too good for me. If all the games are on FSI, then it would stand to reason that they'll all be blacked out for me. Ugh.

King Tuts Tomb
12-21-2011, 01:05 PM
Well, I live in Indianapolis, so this isn't looking too good for me. If all the games are on FSI, then it would stand to reason that they'll all be blacked out for me. Ugh.

I saw you said earlier you're watching them on your iPhone. I remember last year seeing online that someone had found a way to bypass the local blackout restrictions. If you Google around you might find a way to get around it.

Trophy
12-21-2011, 02:01 PM

It sounds like it.

Are games blacked out even on the local FSI channel?

Where I live, Bobcats games are blacked out period. Even on their local channel.

Shade
12-21-2011, 05:40 PM
It sounds like it.

Are games blacked out even on the local FSI channel?

Where I live, Bobcats games are blacked out period. Even on their local channel.

The games will be on TV, but I'll be working nights, so that isn't an option for me this year.

bellisimo
12-22-2011, 08:25 AM
Is this for NBALP on Comcast?

or

Is this for just the Broadband version of NBALP?

broadband - not sure if it works anywhere else.

Shade
12-23-2011, 06:49 PM
LP Mobile is now available. I'd actually pay the $40 for it if it weren't for the local blackout restrictions. Makes me wonder how much money the NBA is losing out on because of those restrictions.

cdash
12-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I have a question: I want to order League Pass because I now live outside of FS Indiana territory, but the problem is I will most likely be moving (again) within the next two months. It's likely that I won't be able to keep my same cable provider when I move, so I don't want to throw away that money and spend it again if I move and get a different cable provider. I know I could just get Mobile Broadband, but if it's all the same I'd rather watch the games on my TV as opposed to my computer. Anyone have any ideas, advice?

pacer4ever
12-23-2011, 07:20 PM
I have a question: I want to order League Pass because I now live outside of FS Indiana territory, but the problem is I will most likely be moving (again) within the next two months. It's likely that I won't be able to keep my same cable provider when I move, so I don't want to throw away that money and spend it again if I move and get a different cable provider. I know I could just get Mobile Broadband, but if it's all the same I'd rather watch the games on my TV as opposed to my computer. Anyone have any ideas, advice?

You can pay by the month at least in the past you could.

xBulletproof
12-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Get a graphics card for your PC with a TV out?

cdash
12-23-2011, 09:24 PM
Get a graphics card for your PC with a TV out?

The only problem with that is that I like using my computer while I watch the games.

xBulletproof
12-23-2011, 09:30 PM
The only problem with that is that I like using my computer while I watch the games.

I don't know how big your TV is, but I know on mine I could fit the browser with League Pass on half the screen, and use the other half of the screen with a browser to be on the internet.

cdash
12-23-2011, 09:59 PM
I don't know how big your TV is, but I know on mine I could fit the browser with League Pass on half the screen, and use the other half of the screen with a browser to be on the internet.

It's a 45".

King Tuts Tomb
12-23-2011, 11:28 PM

That's a tough spot. I'd say just hold out on League Pass for TV until you move. By that time it'll have probably dropped in price as well.

Deadshot
12-24-2011, 12:02 AM

I have LP Broadband and I like to browse the web while watching games as well. Usually I hook my Macbook up to my 42 inch TV with a mini/VGA adapter and then send the audio to a stereo using a Y splitter and a regular AUX cable. With this setup (on the Macbook at least), I am essentially set up to use two monitors, and I drag the LP window to the TV and zoom the TV settings accordingly to fill up the screen. I will do this with the BTN at times as well (and the video quality on there seems to be much better than LP btw).

Haven't tried all of this with my Windows desktop but I imagine its an almost identical setup. Wouldn't even need the mini/VGA adapter.

Ransom
12-25-2011, 09:26 AM
Why is it saying I'm not subscribed when I try to log in? My credit card was charged.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Why is it saying I'm not subscribed when I try to log in? My credit card was charged.

I am having the same issue and I havent had that in the past. Wonder what the issue is?:confused:

Im just hoping it doesn't start until tomorrow.

bellisimo
12-25-2011, 01:15 PM
the whole site is down for me now... =(

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 01:36 PM
the site isn't working for me either.

hopefully they're on this issue already.

King Tuts Tomb
12-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Same here

31andonly
12-25-2011, 01:52 PM
...and here!

bellisimo
12-25-2011, 03:04 PM
hope its fixed by Pacers game...would've been furious if the game was on now...

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 03:10 PM
hope its fixed by Pacers game...would've been furious if the game was on now...

i know... it still isn't working. ugh.

CableKC
12-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Anyone know how well the NBA League Pass on Mobile works?

xBulletproof
12-25-2011, 04:48 PM
Im guessing there's nothing working because all the games are on national TV today. I know my UVerse has no games scheduled until tomorrow.

King Tuts Tomb
12-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Im guessing there's nothing working because all the games are on national TV today. I know my UVerse has no games scheduled until tomorrow.

League pass international doesn't have blackouts. It shows all the national games.

King Tuts Tomb
12-25-2011, 04:58 PM
And it looks like it's working now. Just signed in.

bellisimo
12-25-2011, 06:01 PM
still no good for me...can sign in but the console doesn't launch....

Frostwolf
12-25-2011, 06:55 PM
did everyone get the email?

try this link if ilp.nba.com isn't working.

www.nba.com/global/xmas.html

ColeTheMole
12-25-2011, 07:34 PM
Hey does anyone know if I can get this in Bloomington without having blacked out games? I lived in central Indianapolis last year so I got FSI but I don't get it in my dorm room at IU.

pacer4ever
12-25-2011, 07:38 PM
How do you get the mobile to work it is said to be free(I get the tv+broadband package). I have the gametime app I don't just get why it doesn't work a little frustrating.

Cole in Lafayette it isnt blocked out for me. Dont know about Bloomington though. (FSN IN comes in in Lafayette and it still isnt blacked out)

CableKC
12-26-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm guessing that there is just an overload on this Mobile App and that NBALP is simply working out the kinks.

King Tuts Tomb
12-26-2011, 03:12 AM
I forgot about it earlier but the same thing happened with NFL league pass international two years ago. I was pretty angry about missing the Colts game, although I think I remember they gave a refund for that first week, something like 10 bucks.

Frostwolf
12-26-2011, 03:34 AM
ILP is working fine now.

i'm also able to log into the android app, so im guessing most things are fine as of now.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-26-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm having trouble activating the broadband companion that comes with the purchase of league pass for TV.

Activating broadband has been a pain for me every single year, and I've had league pass for years now.

I think they give the free preview for a couple weeks to quiet people who have problems with the service not activating or activating late. I doubt they do it as a service or appreciation for fans. I know I'd be upset without this free preview right now.

TH50
12-26-2011, 07:43 PM
anyone know if the free preview is available on direct tv? it still is showing me that i am not subscribed to it.

Kuq_e_Zi91
12-26-2011, 08:06 PM
anyone know if the free preview is available on direct tv? it still is showing me that i am not subscribed to it.

Yup. It starts at channel 751. Pacers vs Pistons is on 756 and 757, depending on which feed you want.

bellisimo
12-26-2011, 08:08 PM
ILP is working fine now.

i'm also able to log into the android app, so im guessing most things are fine as of now.

yup ILP seems all good to go!
whats the name of the app for android?

Mr.ThunderMakeR
12-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Wtf is going on? I dont know if its my cable provider or league pass but the Bobcats/Bucks game is on the channel the Pacers game is supposed to be on. The two other channels showing games also aren't showing the right game. No channels are actually showing the Pacers game. WTF?!?!?

ksuttonjr76
12-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Is REGULAR League Pass Broadband working for anyone?

Anthem
12-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Is REGULAR League Pass Broadband working for anyone?
Not me. I can log in and get to the game screen, but game video never comes up. The scores at the top are updating, but I'm still not getting the game.

ksuttonjr76
12-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Not me. I can log in and get to the game screen, but game video never comes up. The scores at the top are updating, but I'm still not getting the game.

You're further along than I am. It keeps telling me that I'm not subscribed no matter how many times I signup for the free preview.

Strummer
12-26-2011, 08:52 PM
LP Broadband works for me with IE. But it won't work for Firefox.

ksuttonjr76
12-26-2011, 09:39 PM
Earlier, I was trying to use Firefox and Chrome, and it wouldn't work. Interesting enough, it started working once I paid for it :hmm:.

Strummer
12-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Earlier, I was trying to use Firefox and Chrome, and it wouldn't work. Interesting enough, it started working once I paid for it :hmm:.

I was paid the whole time, they auto renewed my subscription.

Still doesn't seem to work with Firefox. Just says "Loading Video".

But IE works.

ksuttonjr76
12-26-2011, 10:33 PM
I was paid the whole time, they auto renewed my subscription.

Still doesn't seem to work with Firefox. Just says "Loading Video".

But IE works.

Quick question...did Firefox prompt you to download the octagon plugin? That could be your problem.

You can also use this...
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

to make sure all your plugins are updated too.

Anthem
12-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Interesting. I was in Chrome.

PGisthefuture
12-26-2011, 10:55 PM
How do you watch the broadband for free? It won't let me..

Strummer
12-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Quick question...did Firefox prompt you to download the octagon plugin? That could be your problem.

You can also use this...
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

to make sure all your plugins are updated too.

Yes, it did ask about Octagon. I said "No". Last year Octagon was optional but without it you lost a few features.

I *think* IE asked about Octagon too. If it did, I said "No".

Strummer
12-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Ok, now League Pass Broadband is working in Firefox for me. I'm watching the archive of the game. I *think* the only add on I had to update was Shockwave for Director. That's the only one that I told it to update.

pacer4ever
12-27-2011, 02:08 AM
I just started watching the OKC vs Twolves game on broadband and wow the picture is 1000x better than last year IMO and I have the same PC.

I hope they add the NFL rewind feature where they skip all the commercials and just show the plays so I can watch more games.

Frostwolf
12-27-2011, 05:51 AM
yup ILP seems all good to go!
whats the name of the app for android?

nba.tv

i just searched "nba", it was the only app made by the nba itself.

Shade
12-27-2011, 09:28 AM
I couldn't even get the Mobile version to work. It's very buggy right now.

Not a good way to promote a service you're trying to sell, NBA.

Deadshot
12-27-2011, 11:50 AM
I just started watching the OKC vs Twolves game on broadband and wow the picture is 1000x better than last year IMO and I have the same PC.

I hope they add the NFL rewind feature where they skip all the commercials and just show the plays so I can watch more games.

It does look so much better. I made a comment the other day about how the Big Ten network looked much better than LP but they seem to have fixed it.