@WojYahooNBA
Adrian Wojnarowski
Y! Sources: Clippers claim an unhappy Chauncey Billups off amnesty waivers

Doddage
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure how else to take this but "**** you NBA."

presto123
12-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Is he unhappy period or unhappy the Clippers picked him up?

RLeWorm
12-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Is he unhappy period or unhappy the Clippers picked him up?

probably unhappy period. His time for a ring is running out. He's been trying to get it since 2004 and has gotten close. lol sucks for him

AesopRockOn
12-12-2011, 06:59 PM
So did they just pick him up to **** off the contenders that were looking for a point guard or is he okay enough with playing for the Clipps that he'll play in shape?

I mean, he has a ring and a Finals MVP, he can't be too bitter....

Pacer Fan
12-12-2011, 07:02 PM
daldridgetnt David Aldridge
League warns Billups/agent before Clippers claim he will be in breach of contract if he doesn't report or is disruptive. Check the HT Blog.

Peck
12-12-2011, 07:03 PM
So did they just pick him up to **** off the contenders that were looking for a point guard or is he okay enough with playing for the Clipps that he'll play in shape?

I mean, he has a ring and a Finals MVP, he can't be too bitter....

I hope that L.A. did this just so that Miami couldn't get him.

I'd feel bad for him but he's going to make his mega salary plus whatever L.A. is now going to pay him. Should have retired when he was in Denver so he didn't have to travel anymore.

Heisenberg
12-12-2011, 07:07 PM
daldridgetnt David Aldridge
League warns Billups/agent before Clippers claim he will be in breach of contract if he doesn't report or is disruptive. Check the HT Blog.
"Disruptive?!" So he could get voided for whining? Where the hell has this NBA been?!

Heisenberg
12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Clips just matched the DeAndre Jordan offer

Pacer Fan
12-12-2011, 07:16 PM
This is funny!

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Those Billups warnings to Y! Saturday? NBA sent letter to agent Andy Miller warning him CB had better behave if claimed by team, source says

CableKC
12-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Man, I feel sorry for Billups....he not only gets his cake, he gets to eat it in sunny LaLaLand while getting tons of exposure playing next to Blake Griffin.

Sucks to be him.....

BlueNGold
12-12-2011, 07:51 PM
For some reason, I think the owners planned this baby out...

Hmmm.....

shags
12-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I hope that L.A. did this just so that Miami couldn't get him.

I'd feel bad for him but he's going to make his mega salary plus whatever L.A. is now going to pay him. Should have retired when he was in Denver so he didn't have to travel anymore.

He actually doesn't. The Knicks are just off the hook for whatever the Clippers bid was (supposedly $3.5 million).

Pacer Fan
12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Source with knowledge of deal tells ESPN that Clippers' winning bid in waiver auction for Chauncey Billups was just over $2 million

McKeyFan
12-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Where were the Pacers? Wouldn't you guys be happy with getting Billups for even $5 million?

PR07
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
2 million for Billups is a steal. Disgruntled or not.

Pacerized
12-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I'd like to know if we placed a bid or not, we should have.
Denver should have stepped up as well. He didn't want to leave Denver and only did as part of the Melo drama. He may feel differently about Denver now but I doubt it.

Great pickup by LAC.
We still need a true point guard. I don't think Hill is the answer and I'd like to have someone to step up if something happens to DC.