PDA

View Full Version : Does the pacers have to many guards and undersized small forwards?

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 02:45 PM
If the Pacers go ahead and sign Foster which they did, and Pendergraph, also did, and cut Posey as expected, that puts their roster at 12, with enough players to play but looking slightly flimsy on size and experience up front. There are also far too many guards/undersized small forwards

Go for AK47....

Haywoode Workman
12-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Didn't like the way your last AK47 thread was going?

PG-24
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
Our SFs are Granger and Paul George. Which one of them are undersized?

Weve got a cluster**** at G but now that i think of how Pritchards Portland teams were built, that idea doesnt have me worried as much.

troyc11a
12-12-2011, 02:58 PM
To many guards? I could agree with that but I dont think Rush or Price will be in uniform opening night.
I dont get to many undersized small forwards though. Granger and George are 6'9. Thats pretty good size to me.

I do think AK47 would be a great addition to the 2nd unit if he would accept that and the contract it represents.

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 02:59 PM

.. if im correct deng eat danny up in the playoffs last year.. it would be nice to have a player such as AK.... remember in the days of derrick mckey? he wasnt a scoring machine but played D very good...... that team made it to the finals.......

troyc11a
12-12-2011, 03:00 PM

I believe this thread has more to do with the makeup of the roster than AK47.
We dont need another AK47 thread but I would like to read opinions on the makeup of the roster. Will Bird leave the last spot open? If not, who does he go after?

PG-24
12-12-2011, 03:12 PM
.. if im correct deng eat danny up in the playoffs last year.. it would be nice to have a player such as AK.... remember in the days of derrick mckey? he wasnt a scoring machine but played D very good...... that team made it to the finals.......

Paul Geoge is now able to guard opposing teams wings since Hill should be able to hold his own against most PGs. Very rare that George will be matched up on a PG. Hopefully that was taken into account as well. AK would be our 3rd SF and 3rd PF. Pretty much a waste

daschysta
12-12-2011, 03:16 PM

In what world did you get the impression that deng ate danny up in the finals?

sportfireman
12-12-2011, 03:23 PM
We honestly only lack a good back up 5. Fosters good but too often hurt.

naptownmenace
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
In what world did you get the impression that deng ate danny up in the finals?

Thank you! I thought Danny ate Deng up.

Loul Deng is a very good defender but he struggled against Danny. IIRC, Danny shot the ball with a better percentage than he did during the regular season and scored at least 20 points in each game (including game 5 where he didn't even play the 4th quarter).

imbtyler
12-12-2011, 04:55 PM
To many guards? I could agree with that but I dont think Rush or Price will be in uniform opening night.
I dont get to many undersized small forwards though. Granger and George are 6'9. Thats pretty good size to me.

I do think AK47 would be a great addition to the 2nd unit if he would accept that and the contract it represents.

George is 6'10"!

pacers74
12-12-2011, 04:57 PM
no

Pacersalltheway10
12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
I think he is talking about the bench. In that case are other back up SF's are rush and Jones.

Major Cold
12-12-2011, 05:08 PM
Kyle Korver ate us up. Deng was solid, but Granger carved him up moreso at the other end.

No we don't need AK47 at the price he will cost.

Pacersalltheway10
12-12-2011, 05:11 PM
Kyle Korver ate us up. Deng was solid, but Granger carved him up moreso at the other end.

No we don't need AK47 at the price he will cost.

Wasn't Collison on Korver?

pezasied182
12-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Well DJ is like the second highest rated player on the Pacers in NBA 2k12, so I think we're set (jokes, but seriously he is rated like 76 or something)

I think this season were going to see a lot more PG at the three, especially if we pick up Mayo or another sg. Lance may even get some minutes there. There's other positions I worry about the depth of before sf.

Team Indy
12-12-2011, 05:30 PM
Not sure how much AK47 would cost or if he's willing to take a bit part role. However, there are probably going to be good SFs amnestied. RJ and Outlaw could be picked up cheaply, at least cheaper than AK47.

Major Cold
12-12-2011, 05:35 PM
Wasn't Collison on Korver?

YEah the worst closeout defender we have was guarding their hottest shooter...with a bum ankle.

All hail Vogel right?

Anthem
12-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Haywoode Workman for the win. Excellent.

jeffg-body
12-12-2011, 11:51 PM
I think we need to go after RJ if we can get him on the cheap side. I would rather have AK but not at the price he would command.