PDA

View Full Version : Rush/McRoberts for Mayo .... dead?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
As it appears Jamal Crawford may end up n NYC, the Pacers r expected to reach out to Memphis about OJ Mayo again.

Brad8888
12-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Hold the Mayo.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd live with it, but I'm surprised we still have interest now that we have George Hill and the continued development of Lance Stephenson.

My guess is it will be a redo of the the deal at the deadline that fell through. Josh (S&T) to Memphis for Mayo.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 12:21 PM
We may actually see a Mayo for McRoberts swap, thanks only to Marc Gasol's price tag (and drafting Selby). Otherwise, no way Memphis does this.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 12:22 PM
wow we would be deep at the 1,2 and 3

Young
12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
Wasn't it reported that it is only a matter of time before George Hill is the starting point guard? If so then this makes more sense IMO.

wintermute
12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Not a big fan of Mayo, but for the right price (S&T of Josh), why not?

I think Mayo is an undersized 2 though, just like Hill.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Nice inside info we have here....

MikeWellsNBA Mike Wells
The 2 teams could possibly do a sign n trade. The Grizzlies have too many guards and they're interested in free agent Josh McRoberts.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe this is why the Pacers didn't want to sign Josh. They wanted to see if Memphis still had interest in him and would be willing to do a sign-and-trade for Mayo.

Sandman21
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Oh god, not again.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice inside info we have here....

I think I said this may happen 3 days ago lol. I think Wells just steals his info from other reporters lol. I prefer OJ to Jamal Crawford so please let this happen.(but really I almost prefer anyone to Jamal)

Dr. Awesome
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
Not a huge Mayo fan, but adding West and Mayo would make for an interesting season as long as the price is right.

DieHard
12-11-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping this deal goes down. Mayo would nicely fill the role you were hoping Crawford would at a discounted price. If its a home run we have the inside track to resign him, if he's a bust you can easily let him walk because you would have almost nothing invested.

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 12:37 PM
I would rather have Mayo than Crawford. S&T with McRoberts would mean Josh will get 5-6 million as well. Without looking I believe Mayo makes 5.4 this year off the top of my head.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 12:38 PM
Not a huge Mayo fan, but adding West and Mayo would make for an interesting season as long as the price is right.

I would like Mayo because he can fit for the future plans and I don't like West because he doesn't fit those plans.

RLeWorm
12-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Mayo is better than Crawford. Better all around.

PacersHomer
12-11-2011, 12:42 PM
Considering that I've assumed McRoberts would just walk, getting OJ Mayo out of it would be great.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 12:43 PM
Mayo was pretty decent in the playoffs. Like Granger, he can be good/very good defensively when motivated.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 12:44 PM
I would like Mayo because he can fit for the future plans and I don't like West because he doesn't fit those plans.

Mayo could be in Pacers future plans providing he does what they hope. West is just a Rental.

Great news! We've stuck Out with our first, second, and third options!

Does the NBA have a version of Moneyball?

vnzla81
By the way I would like to know what would be Mcbob's motivation to help the Pacers?

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 12:45 PM
By the way I would like to know what would be Mcbob's motivation to help the Pacers?

Because he loves us all and it's a business move.

Pacerfan
12-11-2011, 12:46 PM
We might want to figure out where Josh wants to go first....

cordobes
Not a big fan of Mayo, but for the right price (S&T of Josh), why not?

I think Mayo is an undersized 2 though, just like Hill.

Agreed. I think Hill's a better player though.

DieHard
I would rather have Mayo than Crawford. S&T with McRoberts would mean Josh will get 5-6 million as well. Without looking I believe Mayo makes 5.4 this year off the top of my head.

I don't know what kind of contract Josh will get, but it can be less than Mayo's in a s&t because we are under the cap. That way we can offer Memphis a little cap relief to sign Gasol. Provided Josh agrees to sign for less than what Mayo makes.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM

so he can get more the the mini MLE he isnt trying to help the Pacers he wants $$.

I still think he will get near what Glen Davis got. If I was his agent that is who I would use as an example.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 12:51 PM
Because he would (possibly) be getting more money with this trade than he would be signing outright as a free agent.

Of course, he could just refuse to be a part of this out of spite, but I think he's a little more mature than that.

Peck
12-11-2011, 12:52 PM
I was against the trade before but if we are going to let Josh walk for free then getting Mayo would be a nice little suprise to replace him.

Although as was stated we are starting to get heavy at the guard spots.

Would Mayo be ok with coming off of the bench?

bphil
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
What role would Mayo fill? Starting SG? And if so, what happens to PG? I don't like it...

Dr. Awesome
12-11-2011, 12:53 PM

As long as we are a playoff caliber team, David West will be a good rental for 2 years. If we weren't going to make the playoffs I'd agree, but as it stands now, adding him will only help.

PacersHomer
12-11-2011, 12:54 PM
What role would Mayo fill? Starting SG? And if so, what happens to PG? I don't like it...

6th man? IIRC he wasn't the starter in Memphis.

Shade
12-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Mayo for McBob?

Once again, yes, please.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
I'd live with it, but I'm surprised we still have interest now that we have George Hill and the continued development of Lance Stephenson.

My guess is it will be a redo of the the deal at the deadline that fell through. Josh (S&T) to Memphis for Mayo.

Yep. I won't be offended if we do it, but I'd be somewhat surprised if it happened.

I assume we would be punting both Rush and Jones shortly thereafter. At the very least one of them.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I was against the trade before but if we are going to let Josh walk for free then getting Mayo would be a nice little suprise to replace him.

He came off the bench in Memphis and appeared fine with it.

I think he'd potentially start here.

DieHard
12-11-2011, 01:00 PM

I think it makes our bench really deep now plus it makes us super flexible for future trades.

wintermute
12-11-2011, 01:02 PM

Actually this is a very good point. Memphis isn't a taxpayer - they'll have the full MLE available. That should be true even after they re-sign Gasol to a max or near max contract. So far, their only signing is Jeremy Pargo, 2 years $2m who should fit into the LLE. So they should have their MLE intact.

Of course, if McBob wants more than the MLE, then he'll have to cooperate on a S&T. Never in my wildest dreams though did I think he can get an above MLE contract. Or else if Memphis is saving their MLE for someone else.

RLeWorm
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Mayo was my favorite player coming out of the 2008 draft. If he was the first option of his team, he would be putting up some pretty good numbers. But that can be said about many other players. i don't know what has happened to him this past year. I'm pretty sure he was mad about moving to the bench last year. He is a starter in this league.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM

Granger / George
Mayo / Hill
Collison / Hill

What's not to like with one of the best rotational backcourts in the NBA.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Mayo will probably fit in better than Crawford. Plus he's younger and we won't need to spend a fortune.

I'm excited to see a Hill and Mayo guard lineup if we decide to either start or have Mayo off the bench as the SG.

C Hibbert-Foster
PF FA-Hansbrough
SF Granger
SG George or Mayo-Mayo or George plus Hill and Stephenson here and there
PG Collison-Hill

Kid Minneapolis
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Would rather have Mayo than Crawford. Imo, Mayo still has maturity issues... All-world talent, hasn't come close to achieving it... but took a step in the right direction in last year's playoffs.

thatch3232
12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I would love to get Mayo, if he has a good season and proves he can be a legitimate scorer for us, we can then move Danny if need be and move PG to the 3.

If everything with Mayo were to go well, we could move Danny and Collison for a point guard, maybe Rondo, or someone like that.

Over all, I like it a lot. You can never have too much talent.

Miller-Time
12-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Great talent, still young, reasonable contract. I'm all for it. Do it Larry - I hope this goes through, no risk here

Ratking
12-11-2011, 01:18 PM
This would be a huge steal. I still dont understand why Memphis would let Mayo go for McBob. Josh would only fill a back-up role as the 4th best big for them (behind Arthur, who was great in the playoffs). This is something they can get through signing without having to give up a potential future star at best, career starter at worst in Mayo.

Indeed, id be thrilled if we pulled this off.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 01:22 PM
This would be a huge steal. I still dont understand why Memphis would let Mayo go for McBob. Josh would only fill a back-up role as the 4th best big for them (behind Arthur, who was great in the playoffs). This is something they can get through signing without having to give up a potential future star at best, career starter at worst in Mayo.

I suspect Pacers will give a pick of some sort, which would be perfect with the grizz payroll. Besides, Pacers has leverage on Grizz. Offer Sheet anyone.

TheDon
12-11-2011, 01:30 PM
wonder how angry people will get if this trade falls through twice cause the last fallout fromt his situation was pretty over the top

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM

Plus, if Mayo doesn't work , I believe he has a QO next year for 7 mil that the Pacers don't have to pick up. IOW, he could be a 1 and done which makes this S&T even look better not being tied into a numerous year contract.

PaceBalls
12-11-2011, 01:41 PM
I think Mayo played himself out of our reach. He had a pretty good end to last season. It would take alot more than what we offered last year.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Because he would (possibly) be getting more money with this trade than he would be signing outright as a free agent.

Of course, he could just refuse to be a part of this out of spite, but I think he's a little more mature than that.

Let him, the Pacers just outright give Memphis Cap which would help them sign Gasol. He isn't going to stop Mayo to the Pacers by refusing a S&T. He'll just narrows his options of teams wanting him. Really, just how many are beating his door down to sign him?

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 01:44 PM
I think Mayo played himself out of our reach. He had a pretty good end to last season. It would take alot more than what we offered last year.

It's about money. After Gasol gets his deal, they're going to be awfully close to the tax number. They would be pushing it to sign Josh outright. However to replace Mayo's salary with a similar one in the front court would help them.

They're at 52 million with Gasol's qualifying offer. His real salary is going to push that number 8-9 million higher, I would suspect.

PaceBalls
12-11-2011, 01:45 PM
It's about money. After Gasol gets his deal, they're going to be awfully close to the tax number. They would be pushing it to sign Josh outright. However to replace Mayo's salary with a similar one in the front court would help them.

True, I just don't think they would value Josh over Mayo anymore.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 01:48 PM

Memphis has more wings than an ostrich farm and are short on bigs.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I suspect Pacers will give a pick of some sort, which would be perfect with the grizz payroll. Besides, Pacers has leverage on Grizz. Offer Sheet anyone.

Hold the Mayo. Bird isn't going to help out Memphis with McBob, Cap, and a PICK.

After more thought, maybe a 2nd round pick or Stanko.

Mackey_Rose
12-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Granger / George
Mayo / Hill
Collison / Hill

What's not to like with one of the best rotational backcourts in the NBA.

The point guard spot prevents it from even being in the conversation.

Edit: Actually both guard spots. Jesus, that isn't even close.

CableKC
12-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm putting on my conspiracy hat.....this leads to the question of whether the Pacers offer a MAX to Gasol at all...thus forcing the Grizzlies to match and putting them in a position to WANT to clear some capspace....while forcing the Grizzlies to pursue a S&T involving McBob and Mayo.

Just throwing it out there....but if I were Bird, I'd subtly suggest to the Grizzlies that the Pacers WON'T make a MAX contract offer to Gasol ( thus letting them sign Gasol to whatever contract that THEY....not us...want ) in exchange for a S&T involving McBob with Mayo.

purdue101
12-11-2011, 02:05 PM
If this were to materialize, I would hand the PG keys to Hill and shop around Collison, Rush, cap space, and picks for a PF. I'm not sold on Collison as a starter on a contending team. B/c George can play both the 2 & 3, we could role out a George, Danny, Mayo wing rotation, all getting 25+ mins per night.

Hill/Lance
George/Mayo
Danny/George
Trade PF/Hans
Hibbert/Foster

purdue101
12-11-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm putting on my conspiracy hat.....this leads to the question of whether the Pacers offer a MAX to Gasol at all...thus forcing the Grizzlies to match and putting them in a position to WANT to clear some capspace....while forcing the Grizzlies to pursue a S&T involving McBob and Mayo.

Just throwing it out there....but if I were Bird, I'd subtly suggest to the Grizzlies that the Pacers WON'T make a MAX contract offer to Gasol ( thus letting them sign Gasol to whatever contract that THEY....not us...want ) in exchange for a S&T involving McBob with Mayo.

Exactly

Miller-Time
12-11-2011, 02:08 PM
If this were to materialize, I would hand the PG keys to Hill and shop around Collison, Rush, cap space, and picks for a PF. I'm not sold on Collison as a starter on a contending team. B/c George can play both the 2 & 3, we could role out a George, Danny, Mayo wing rotation, all getting 25+ mins per night.

Hill/Lance
George/Mayo
Danny/George
Trade PF/Hans
Hibbert/Foster

Exactly my thoughts. These are just the pieces I wouldn't mind giving up if it nets us someone like Millsap. I also have the feeling like Bird and our FO thinks this way too. They try to get a PG/2guard that can create for his own and we desperately need an upgrade at PF.

Mourning
12-11-2011, 02:14 PM

True. OTOH it's yet another asset which we could use in a trade later on. I heard some chatter that George might be better fitted at SF instead of SG. Maybe the brass are wanting to use this year to see how he develops. IF they are very satisfied with it then all of a sudden they could think Danny is more expandable and George could fill his shoes at SF, while at SG/PG we would have: Hill, Mayo, Collison battling for the starting spots and the left over minutes and minutes when one or the before mentioned gets injured going to Stephenson and Jones. Seems like a rotation. At the sametime one of these players could be used in a trade aswell. They are all still very young and if they play well the coming season...

Anyway, I'm all for it. I think we have Memphis a bit by the balls maybe. They still need to resign Gasol, but if we decide to go for Mayo first and they match they would have to really do some good calculating whether they would still be able to keep Gasol. IF this is the case, then I like it.

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Marc Stein: Sources also tell ESPN that, as @Mike Wells predicted, Pacers and Grizzlies again engaged Josh McRoberts/OJ Mayo talks. This time S-and-T 2 minutes ago

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz1gFswmGEM

Sweet.

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Would rather have Mayo than Crawford. Imo, Mayo still has maturity issues... All-world talent, hasn't come close to achieving it... but took a step in the right direction in last year's playoffs.

you nailed it. OJ has some serious upside due to his talent and skill level. and i believe this is the year he will finally piece it together, with his crazy workouts during the lockout.

George Hill is a combo guard , just like OJ is. But Hill is more PG ish whereas OJ is more SG ish.

If somehow you guys are able to commit a robbery and get OJ. I'd seriously would hope that FO look to deal Darren Collison. Collison is too much of a liability defensive when it comes to guarding Derrick Rose who you guys will obviously most likely meet again in the playoffs. Hill,Mayo, George will take turns trying to contain Rose.

vnzla81
I would like to get Mayo.

ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Sources also tell ESPN that, as @MikeWellsNBA predicted, Pacers and Grizzlies again engaged Josh McRoberts/OJ Mayo talks. This time S-and-T

PaceBalls
Well hell, that's great news. I'd love to get OJ here.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 02:18 PM

Mayo w/ Shaw coaching him = :drool:

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:19 PM

Wait, we agree?

That means if it happens it'll work like a dream, or a disaster. I'm not sure which. :laugh:

Kraft
I supported this deal at the deadline. I was regretful after the playoffs that it didn't happen. Again, I would love to see this happen. Collison, Hill, George, Mayo and Granger is a good rotation. Don't care who starts at the moment. More penetration than last year with Mayo, more shooting with Hill (and maybe more with an improved George). Only thing that is missing is a point that can get others involved, though I'd be willing to see if Collison can improve there with more options. Wouldn't mind moving him for Rondo, either, but that is a dream scenario.

I'd give Memphis extras to make it happen, too. Price, who they could cut and save some cash. Picks, Stanko, whatever.

PacerPenguins
is OJ a good defender?

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
is OJ a good defender?

When he wants to, he's above average to good. Half of the time or more he's below average to average.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 02:21 PM
He can be when motivated. He's good in passing lanes too.

purdue101
12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
I would think we have to include a pick in this deal. Couldn't Memphis just salary dump Mayo on a team needing a SG (MN) and then sign Josh outright?

Is Rush still worth a late pick?

Doddage
12-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Do it Larry!

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:28 PM
If we get Mayo without giving up a 1st, that trade not going through at the deadline is the luckiest thing to ever happen to us.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 02:28 PM
When he wants to, he's above average to good. Half of the time or more he's below average to average.

He is an just above an average defender IMO. There are nights though he plays excellent defense. He is a better defender than he gets credit for.

Brad8888
12-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Maybe we can talk Memphis into Granger / Rush / McRoberts for Gasol / Mayo. At least we would get Gasol out of the deal, while giving additional opportunity at the wing for all of our young players, and not have to worry about Granger's contract in future years when we are trying to actually put some money together to sign a superstar.

Heisenberg
12-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Maybe we can talk Memphis into Granger / Rush / McRoberts for Gasol / Mayo. At least we would get Gasol out of the deal, while giving additional opportunity at the wing for all of our young players, and not have to worry about Granger's contract in future years when we are trying to actually put some money together to sign a superstar.Rudy Gay

Justin Tyme
This is the most excited I've been in 2 days! Get it done Bird!

xBulletproof
He is an just above an average defender IMO. There are nights though he plays excellent defense. He is a better defender than he gets credit for.

I got that vibe when I watched him in the playoffs, but not during the season when I watched.

His defensive numbers on 82games is pretty pathetic though. That shocked me.

Doddage
Maybe we can talk Memphis into Granger / Rush / McRoberts for Gasol / Mayo. At least we would get Gasol out of the deal, while giving additional opportunity at the wing for all of our young players, and not have to worry about Granger's contract in future years when we are trying to actually put some money together to sign a superstar.
Bad trade for both teams. Leave Granger and Gasol out of it.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Can McRoberts be included with other players in a sign and trade? I was under the impression that other players from the trading team can't be sent.

Pacemaker
12-11-2011, 02:35 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN link to latest on Indy bid for David West and talks w/Grizz to deal sign-and-traded Josh McRoberts for O.J. Mayo: es.pn/syoKLu

Pacersalltheway10
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
PG: Collison/Hill
SG: George/Mayo/Hill
SF:Granger/ Geroge
PF: Tyler,West/Jeff P.
C:Hibbert/Foster/Jeff P

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
I got that vibe when I watched him in the playoffs, but not during the season when I watched.

His defensive numbers on 82games is pretty pathetic though. That shocked me.

take all OJ's stats from the 10-11 season and throw them right out the window. That's not OJ Mayo.

The real OJ Mayo is what he showed his first and 2nd season, but he is a lot better now. Alot.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
PG: Collison/Hill
SG: George/Mayo/Hill
SF:Granger/ Geroge
PF: Tyler,West/Jeff P.
C:Hibbert/Foster/Jeff P

West will start over Hans

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Aldridge:

Source: Sign/trade between Boston, NO for David West is dead, confirms ESPN.com report that Pacers closing in on signing West.

Looks like West is going to be a Pacer!

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:38 PM
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
ESPN link to latest on Indy bid for David West and talks w/Grizz to deal sign-and-traded Josh McRoberts for O.J. Mayo: es.pn/syoKLu

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
The Memphis Grizzlies are in advanced discussions with the Indiana Pacers on a sign-and-trade deal that would bring free agent Josh McRoberts to the Grizzlies and send guard O.J. Mayo to the Pacers, according to sources close to the process.

Sources also told ESPN.com that the Pacers are making progress toward a two-year deal with free-agent forward David West in the $20 million range after West's sign-and-trade to the Boston Celtics got held up this week.

It was not immediately known if the Celtics would try to salvage their West deal with the New Orleans Hornets. The Pacers, sources say, also have Carl Landry and Andrei Kirilenko alongside West at the top of their frontcourt wish list.

The Indianapolis Star reported earlier Sunday that the New York Knicks' pursuit of Jamal Crawford in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta and one more unspecified team was expected to put the Pacers back on the Mayo trail. Yahoo! Sports reported Saturday night that the Pacers had moved strongly into the bidding for West when the Hornets and Celtics could not immediately complete a sign-and-trade deal to land West with the Celtics.

The Mayo-McRoberts deal, if it goes through, is a re-run of the deal that the teams nearly pulled off at the trade deadline in February before a snafu in submitting the deal to the league office resulted in the trade collapsing. In that deal, Memphis was set to acquire McRoberts and a first-round pick for Mayo.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

Follow Marc Stein on Twitter: @ESPNSteinLine

imawhat
12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Ok, everyone keep your fingers crossed for both!

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Here's my question .....

Who starts if this happens? Mayo or George? I'm 50/50 myself.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Here's my question .....

George because he's the future, imo. Mayo can play more minutes, but he can come off the bench. He's used to it in Memphis.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Rudy Gay

I'm a huge Rudy Gay fan. He's one of the few players I'd trade Granger for, but I'm realistic in that Gay will never don on a Pacers uni.

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
George because he's the future, imo. Mayo can play more minutes, but he can come off the bench. He's used to it in Memphis.

I can see the logic, and I think it at times, but I think George can prepare for being the future better off the bench. With bench players on the floor you're looking at PG being the man, and allowing him to learn how to do that at the NBA level without as much pressure.

To me that one goes both ways.

Heisenberg
12-11-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm a huge Rudy Gay fan. He's one of the few players I'd trade Granger for, but I'm realistic in that Gay will never don on a Pacers uni.I'm not interested in trying to get him, I'm saying he's why there's no chance Memphis would do that trade

neosmndrew
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that if you told me 6 months ago that we'd lose Dunleavy (100% expected) and McRoberts (The greyhound in me is pissed as hell but I can overall live with it) and replace them with Mayo and DWest, I'd be ecstatic. This very much improves our roster.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Here's my question .....

whoever plays better in camp. Also Vogel may prefer to have OJ with the bench because he is a much better scorer at this time than PG24 and could help with bench scoring.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM
The point guard spot prevents it from even being in the conversation.

Edit: Actually both guard spots. Jesus, that isn't even close.

The key word I used there was Rotational. Most teams have average or worst backups!

LoL, If Mayo comes, We will see!

Doddage
12-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Hill, Mayo, George, Hansbrough, and Foster

What a bench.

imawhat
Only thing I'm nervous about: when was the last time a leaked Pacers trade went through? It's usually dead by that point.

The Future
Mayo has more potential as a scorer compared to George.

Start Mayo.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Hill, Mayo, George, Hansbrough, and Foster

What a bench.

lol then who starts XD

Doddage
12-11-2011, 02:52 PM

Start Mayo.
We don't need scoring in the first unit with Collison, Granger, and West. We do need PG's defense, though.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 02:53 PM
lol then who starts XD

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r104/bolaub/c9489ffa.jpg

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y297/silent_jian/memes/troll.jpg

Kstat
12-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Bird needs this trade to happen, so people can get off his back and stop *****ing.

I need this trade to happen, for the exact same reason.

Make it happen.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 02:55 PM
lol then who starts XD

Huh?

Collision, George, Granger, West, and Hibbert start. That's who. I really like the depth; especially if Kirilenko comes on board, too.

Kstat
12-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure what Memphis's crush is on Josh McRobetrs, but it's a steal for Indiana.

That said, you most definitely do NOT start him over George. Mayo's better offensively, but he's awful on defense, whereas George has shown some ability to play defense on his end, though he's inconsistent.

Indiana has enough offense in their starting 5. They need someone that can stay in front of somebody on the perimeter.

Doddage
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Huh?

Collision, George, Granger, West, and Hibbert start. That's who. I really like the depth; especially if Kirilenko comes on board, too.
Jesus, that would be absurd depth if we get AK47 too.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Huh?

i said who startes bc he said "Hill, Mayo, George, Hansbrough, and Foster.... what a bench"

Doddage
12-11-2011, 02:58 PM
i said who startes bc he said "Hill, Mayo, George, Hansbrough, and Foster.... what a bench"
Yeah, because George would slide to the 3 when the second unit comes on.

Sollozzo
12-11-2011, 02:58 PM
Huh?

That's probably who I'd go with too, though I'd be flexible on George/Mayo.

Mayo, Hill, and Hans off the bench? Jesus, that is a bench with a ton of offensive firepower. We could wear teams out.

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 03:02 PM

Start Mayo.

I know you guys may cringe at the thought. but why not give OJ Mayo at chance at pg.

OJ Mayo 6'4
Paul George 6'9
Danny Granger 6'8

that's a huge lineup

Kstat
12-11-2011, 03:04 PM
Because Mayo isn't a point guard?

You may as well put George or Granger at PG.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Yeah, the USS "Mayo @ PG" has sailed.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 03:08 PM
time for us to go get mayo now!

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Mayo has plus passing skill as a SG, but passing isn't the only skill to be a PG.

He didn't even succeed at PG in summer league.

CableKC
12-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Huh?

Where are the minutes going to come from when you add Mayo and West....the throw AK-47 into the mix?

Assuming no changes to the existing core...we only have room to add 3 Players....a SG/SF, a PF and a Center. AK-47 wouldn't have the minutes to play.

luis3ep
12-11-2011, 03:18 PM
i hope it happens this time. Mayo is talented, no doubt about it. With someone with great experience and maturity as Brian Shaw, all our guards will no doubt be guided well.

Pacersalltheway10
12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I feel like it is inevitable that Mayo becomes an Indiana Pacer now.

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 03:20 PM
i hope it happens this time. Mayo is talented, no doubt about it. With someone with great experience and maturity as Brian Shaw, all our guards will no doubt be guided well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qknYlVnzP4

OJ has the ability to off screen really well, something he was working on last season in his down year

IU_sears
12-11-2011, 03:22 PM
AK-47 can play SF of PF... He is extremely versatile and a plus defender... The opposite of Psycho T and David West... There is a role for him on this roster if the price is right (just like the West deal).

Larry is playing the angles well... He could have offered a 4 year 40 million dollar deal last week, but he was patient and got a well timed expiration of the contract when our youngsters are due for new deals.

Perfect short term solution that improves the roster.

rousea24
12-11-2011, 03:26 PM
KBergCBS Ken Berger
Knicks exploring sign-and-trade possibilities, but doesn't look promising -- particularly with Atlanta, which won't take back salary.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

KBergCBS Ken Berger
All Knicks can offer Crawford or Barea is $2.5M "room" exception. Not going to cut it for either guy.

Crawford too or Mayo?

imawhat
12-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Getting Mayo will be tricky. It all depends on whether or not they match the Gasol offer. We're rooting for that to happen.

Pacemaker
12-11-2011, 03:33 PM
8pts9secs Jared Wade
No ATL sign-and-trade means NYK would be out of the Crawford market. Jamal to IND? AND could still get OJ if so inclined. Would be like whoa

WOW !!!!!! :eek:

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 03:35 PM
wow rly crawford and mayo?? DAMN!

edit: damn in a good way :)

Eleazar
12-11-2011, 03:56 PM

I doubt either of them would want to come here if the other is already here. There just isn't enough minutes for both of them plus George plus Hill plus Stephenson.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I doubt either of them would want to come here if the other is already here. There just isn't enough minutes for both of them plus George plus Hill plus Stephenson.
Agreed. The only way you get around that is if you have George come off the bench. Not sure we want to do that.

Hibbert/Foster
West/Hansbrough/Pendergraph
Granger/George
Crawford/Mayo/Jones/Rush
Collison/Hill/Price/Stephenson

Probably do one or the other. Though it would be nice to have multiple guys that can create their own shot. And man, can you say DEPTH?

rel
12-11-2011, 04:01 PM

whoa whoa whoa...lets just stick to one.

Lance George
12-11-2011, 04:05 PM
O.J. Mayo: 24 years, 36 days
J. Crawford: 31 years, 266 days

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I think you go after Mayo first. Younger and cheaper.

If the sign-and-trade doesn't work out, you go after Crawford.

Eleazar
12-11-2011, 04:10 PM

Yeah, it is pretty obvious who is the better long term answer assuming you are planning on keeping the player long term. Crawford could provide a good expiring contract to use in a couple of years, though.

beast23
12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
I think I said this may happen 3 days ago lol. I think Wells just steals his info from other reporters lol. I prefer OJ to Jamal Crawford so please let this happen.(but really I almost prefer anyone to Jamal)

I call BS on that one. Reporters my butt. Wells probably gets a lot of his information and ideas right here.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 04:15 PM
I call BS on that one. Reporters my butt. Wells probably gets a lot of his information and ideas right here.

i was joking of course he has contacts i was just saying that because i guessed it a few days ago.

beast23
12-11-2011, 04:24 PM
i was joking of course he has contacts i was just saying that because i guessed it a few days ago.
I'll stick with my original statement.

How many times have we seen Wells, Monteith, Richards or Kravitz present an article that was packed with information that was posted here first? Happens several times a year.

presto123
12-11-2011, 04:25 PM
We might want to figure out where Josh wants to go first....

Yeah...if I had my choice I'd rather be in LA.:dance:

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 04:28 PM
After getting onboard with the whole idea of getting Mayo again, I don't even want Crawford.

Bring on the Mayo!

I think we have a better shot at getting Mayo due to the possible S&T of Josh to Memphis.

Also, Bird would rather not have to spend so much and he seems to like Mayo and Memphis likes Josh.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 04:29 PM
There's absolutely no need to acquire both Jamal and Mayo.

Mayo should be our #1 priority, based on contract length, contract size, and age.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 04:36 PM

Mayo should be our #1 priority, based on contract length, contract size, and age.

Only thing it would do for us would give us more assets to trade/ S&T for a star player (EG?)...

beast23
12-11-2011, 04:39 PM

I think that is about 99% correct. The only reason I would have for acquiring additional assets like both Mayo/Crawford and possible AK-47 would be the stockpiling of assets to support trades next summer. Depending on how these guys were acquired, they cannot be used in trades near the deadline.

It's getting exciting. Can't wait to see the final roster.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Here's a few bits on us and Mayo currently.

The Memphis Grizzlies are in advanced discussions with Indiana on a sign-and-trade deal that would bring free agent Josh McRoberts to the Grizzlies and send guard O.J. Mayo to the Pacers, according to sources close to the process.

The Indianapolis Star reported earlier Sunday that the New York Knicks' pursuit of Jamal Crawford in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta and one more unspecified team was expected to put the Pacers back on the Mayo trail.

The Mayo-McRoberts deal, if it goes through, is a re-run of the deal that the teams nearly pulled off at the trade deadline in February before a snafu in submitting the deal to the league office resulted in the trade collapsing. In that deal, Memphis was set to acquire McRoberts and a first-round pick for Mayo.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7341777/indiana-pacers-work-trade-memphis-grizzlies-oj-mayo-according-sources

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 04:46 PM

That's a given. So does Kravitz.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 04:54 PM
If the Pacers could get Mayo for Cap, do they have to give his full salary in cap or live in a trade it has to be within a certain amount? If that is the way, what is the least amount of cap the Pacers could offer for Mayo?

Let's say this years salary, 5.6 mil, less 25% which is 4.2 mil would be all the Pacers would have to offer. Is that possible or feasible?

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Sources say deal in closing stages that would send Josh McRoberts to Grizzlies and O.J. Mayo to Pacers.

:dance:

cdash
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Maybe it's been discussed, but would we still have to toss in a first round pick to make this deal happen, or would it be a straight one-for-one deal?

Ozwalt72
12-11-2011, 05:06 PM
Let's say this years salary, 5.6 mil, less 25% which is 4.2 mil would be all the Pacers would have to offer. Is that possible or feasible?

Nope, full value, unless an existing contract goes to memphis.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 05:07 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/indiana-pacers/2011/12/11/pacers-sign-david-west-looking-to-add-o-j-mayo-and-carl-landry/

so if we get mayo were going for landry next..... i smell something fishy... y would we need landry if we have west and hans idk but i have a feeling larry is up 2 something

Ozwalt72
12-11-2011, 05:08 PM
We land Mayo for McBob (and if we don't send anything else out) I think we've won the first couple days of free agency.

Imagine that. A small market.

jeffg-body
12-11-2011, 05:08 PM
If Bird can get us Mayo in an S&T for Mcbob I would call this an excellent year for us so far. If we can somehow land Landry too to fill out our front court I would have to pinch myself to make sure that I am still awake.

Ozwalt72
12-11-2011, 05:09 PM
so if we get mayo were going for landry next..... i smell something fishy... y would we need landry if we have west and hans idk but i have a feeling larry is up 2 something

I just think that guy's misinterpreted. Landry was a fallback if we didn't land West.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I just think that guy's misinterpreted. Landry was a fallback if we didn't land West.

no there is articles everywhere saying where still going after landry even though we have west... and i posted this http://www.rantsports.com/indiana-pacers/2011/12/11/pacers-sign-david-west-looking-to-add-o-j-mayo-and-carl-landry/

cdash
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/indiana-pacers/2011/12/11/pacers-sign-david-west-looking-to-add-o-j-mayo-and-carl-landry/

I'm not sure how much I buy that we would still go after Landry (he made zero sense to me in the first place), but I guess we could be stockpiling assets to land a star player via trade and not have to gut our roster to do it? Or maybe we know that depth is going to be critical to winning this year in the NBA due to the compressed schedule and what not.

Ozwalt72
12-11-2011, 05:12 PM
no there is articles everywhere saying where still going after landry even though we have west... and i posted this

I mean their source is misinterpreting. We didn't know we were getting West, of course we'd be talking with Landry up until that point.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
Signing Landry makes zero sense unless Tyler's getting shipped out.

Mackey_Rose
12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
West/Hansbrough/Landry would be an extraordinary exercise in redundancy.

There would have to be another deal in the works.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I'm not sure how much I buy that we would still go after Landry (he made zero sense to me in the first place), but I guess we could be stockpiling assets to land a star player via trade and not have to gut our roster to do it? Or maybe we know that depth is going to be critical to winning this year in the NBA due to the compressed schedule and what not.

I'm starting to agree with this, could it possible that we got West to then send him to the Celtics for Rondo?(more pieces included of course) can we do that?

Anthem
12-11-2011, 05:16 PM
I imagine a 1-for-1 at this point. We're helping them by taking Mayo's salary off their books.

pezasied182
12-11-2011, 05:17 PM
What would our rotation be with Mayo?

Collison/Hill
George/Mayo/Hill

or

Collison/Hill
Mayo/George/Hill
Granger/George?

Sorry if this has been posted, I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
I'm starting to agree with this, could it possible that we got West to then send him to the Celtics for Rondo?(more pieces included of course) can we do that?
No. You can't sign-and-trade other teams' free agents.

Major Cold
12-11-2011, 05:18 PM
If we get Landry. Does that mean that Rondo is coming here? :nod:

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 05:19 PM
If we get Landry. Does that mean that Rondo is coming here? :nod:

or cp3? we have the young guys the hornets want

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
People are reading WAAAYYY too much into Landry mentions in news articles.

All they were really saying is, "The Pacers had also considered going after Carl Landry."

Hitman02
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Hope this happens, I'd love to see Mayo in a Pacers jersey.

Any guesses on our next moves? Rush is still on the roster (unless he's part of this proposed deal)

Ozwalt72
12-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Hope this happens, I'd love to see Mayo in a Pacers jersey.

Any guesses on our next moves? Rush is still on the roster (unless he's part of this proposed deal)

Flip Rush and Posey to a team for a bag of chips?

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 05:28 PM
The best option for Memphis is to get the Pacers to give them 5.6 mil in cap for Mayo, so they can have more money to use on Gasol and also to be able to pick up another BIG.

If McBob wants MLE money or more, let him go find a team willing to pay it... if he can.

PaulGeorge
12-11-2011, 05:33 PM
no there is articles everywhere saying where still going after landry even though we have west... and i posted this http://www.rantsports.com/indiana-pacers/2011/12/11/pacers-sign-david-west-looking-to-add-o-j-mayo-and-carl-landry/

If this is true and we end up with West, OJ, and (Landry or AK). Then turn around and trade rush, posey's expiring contract and a pick for some proven veterans or more young talent. This team would have to be considered a contender I'd say. This is all in theory but, very interesting stuff.

Kstat
12-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Either they don't have a ton of faith in Tyler, or Tyler is on his way out. Only 2 reasons why I can see them going after another power forward.

Gremz
12-11-2011, 05:37 PM
The best option for Memphis is to get the Pacers to give them 5.6 mil in cap for Mayo, so they can have more money to use on Gasol and also to be able to pick up another BIG.

If McBob wants MLE money or more, let him go find a team willing to pay it... if he can.

Well they still need frontcourt help, thus wanting in on McRoberts. You keep Josh's deal relatively low (2-3m) and they still save a good couple of million which works great for them.

If they take the straight TPE, then they will still need to go and sign someone else, might end up costing them a decent amount.

Gremz
12-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe it's been discussed, but would we still have to toss in a first round pick to make this deal happen, or would it be a straight one-for-one deal?

At this point there is no way they'd get a 1st with him. You'd assume we'd ship McBob to them with a relatively low salary so they still save some cap, that's the bargaining chip right now.

Mackey_Rose
12-11-2011, 05:42 PM
At this point there is no way they'd get a 1st with him. You'd assume we'd ship McBob to them with a relatively low salary so they still save some cap, that's the bargaining chip right now.

Why would he agree to a sign-and-trade for less money than he can get by signing somewhere outright?

That doesn't make any sense.

Gremz
12-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Why would he agree to a sign-and-trade for less money than he can get by signing somewhere outright?

I meant the difference between Mayo and McRoberts' news salary would be the save. You expect Josh to get around 5.6m?

BRushWithDeath
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM

If you can help out a team who you grew up rooting for, played hard for, and openly admitted being willing to take less money to stay with despite them showing little to no interest in you, you have to do it.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
Either they don't have a ton of faith in Tyler, or Tyler is on his way out. Only 2 reasons why I can see them going after another power forward.

Just because Tyler is coming off the bench doesn't mean they don't like or want him.

He's still going to be huge for us.

He's still a major favorite among fans and the organization.

I doubt now that we have David West that the rumor of us interested in Carl Landry is accurate now.

We had interest before.

Sounds another story the media is looking to stir up. The fact that we liked Landry at one point, but not now.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani (aka rocksballer58. Check his history if you're curious). That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani. That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.

Gotta give the kid credit, he's passionate about spreading complete BS.

ndcoltsnpacers
12-11-2011, 06:04 PM
Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani. That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.

Rocksballer!

idioteque
12-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Rocksballer!

At least Dhani means well. That Brent guy, FerengiMiller, was much more toxic IMHO.

PacerDude
12-11-2011, 06:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7341777/free-agent-david-west-signs-indiana-pacers

The Pacers may not be done dealing, though.

The Memphis Grizzlies are in advanced discussions with Indiana on a sign-and-trade deal that would bring free agent Josh McRoberts to the Grizzlies and send guard O.J. Mayo to the Pacers, according to sources close to the process.

AND .............

The Pacers, sources say, also have Carl Landry and Andrei Kirilenko at the top of their frontcourt wish list.

Larry seems busy. :)

Trader Joe
12-11-2011, 06:16 PM
This is kinda fun being right around Christmas.

Steagles
12-11-2011, 06:18 PM
I'd love some Mayo with my popcorn!

rocksballer58
12-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Landry speculation article written by Josh Dhani (aka rocksballer58. Check his history if you're curious). That should end the discussion. Here's a hint: we're not going after Landry.

Hey thanks for ripping on me appreciate it but Landry rumor came from the Marc Stein article, not me

trs72
12-11-2011, 06:22 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7341777/free-agent-david-west-signs-indiana-pacers

AND .............

Larry seems busy. :)

While I had my doubts on Mayo last year when we were looking into getting him, but now I am little more enthused. I always had a feeling he was just another loser with a lot of God given talents going to waste, but he handled himself quite well in Memphis when he got removed from the starting lineup last year. He could be a game changer if he puts his mind to it. A lot of people compared him to Magic coming out of college with a jumpshot.

daschysta
12-11-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm loving our strategy this offseason.

Great deal for west that could pay off in a huge way, instead of massively overpaying for nene or chandler.

Looking to deal a guy who was going to leave anyway, and for nothing for a high potential guy that fills a need in mayo...

We'll be ludicrously deep if it goes through, still cheap, and in a position to maybe flip some of our quality depth for a star in the future.

Things are looking up!

If west is his old self he's the second Danny level player we've been looking for for forever, if one of george or hibbert or mayo can reach that level too we'll be in amazing shape.

I Love P
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
When do you guys expect the next deal to go down? I'm hoping for later tonight.

aero
12-11-2011, 06:25 PM
I like what im hearing so far. FINALLY the Pacers are in free agent/trade talks for once.

idioteque
12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
This is kinda fun being right around Christmas.

Except for the part where I am trying to study for finals. :dead:

aero
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM
One guy I look forward to seeing be delt is BRush. Can't come soon enough for me

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 06:27 PM

yea this coming week is going to be brutal

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
When do you guys expect the next deal to go down? I'm hoping for later tonight.

Two things need to happen:

Memphis need to match, or say they'll match Gasol.

And J-Mac has to actually want to go to the Grizzlies. He could just sign with the Lakers right now and tell us to F off. Wouldn't really blame him, hope he doesn't though.

If both of those things happen, I'd say we'll probably get Mayo.

Justin Tyme

Or they aren't fully comfortable with Tyler's health problem has been resolved, and are looking for insurance in case the problem re-occurs.

beezer615
I like what im hearing so far. FINALLY the Pacers are in free agent/trade talks for once.

We've been in every trade talk so far

A.B.Hollywood
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Landy and Kirilenko (or however you spell it) were just fall back options if West didn't pan out IMO.

Sparhawk
12-11-2011, 06:30 PM
How would that work? It's always a good problem to have by stock piling talent. But PG needs his minutes, but I guess he'll play some 3 as well.

I still think that gives us too many combo guards with Hill, Lance and Mayo.

Seriously, how would the minutes work?

We still have Rush and D Jones. Not too mention Posey who has been Tinsley'd.

Still have to be other trades in the works. Could we flip some players for Rondo?

BringJackBack
12-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Memphis need to match, or say they'll match Gasol.

SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Grizzlies expected to match four-year, $55 million offer sheet from the Rockets for RFA C Marc Gasol, source tells @YahooSports.
1 hour ago Favorite Retweet Reply

beast23
12-11-2011, 06:32 PM
If you can help out a team who you grew up rooting for, played hard for, and openly admitted being willing to take less money to stay with despite them showing little to no interest in you, you have to do it.
Or could it be just the opposite is true...

Perhaps Josh is not getting quite as much in offers on the FA market as some of you were expecting, and the Pacers are actually doing him a favor by offering just a bit more while getting back Mayo in return. Or, for that matter, maybe Memphis is his preferred destination in order to be a few hours from home and Memphis states that they must clear salary before accepting Josh?

In that case, although Josh could give a hoot about helping the Pacers, it would be in his best interest to do so.

If I were the Pacers, I'd try to move Price or Rush at the same time, in the same deal. I would NOT send a 1st along with Josh under any circumstances.

Day-V
12-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Landy and Kirilenko (or however you spell it) were just fall back options if West didn't pan out IMO.

Anyone else find it funny that he spelled Kirilenko correctly but misspelled Landry? :laugh:

PacerGuy
12-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Considering that I've assumed McRoberts would just walk, getting OJ Mayo out of it would be great.

This would mean the 7/08 trade for J.Bayless/Diogu for Rush/Jack/McBob would leave POR w/ 0 & IN w/ Mayo (& trade-bate Rush)...
WE WIN!!! :happydanc

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 06:42 PM

No one is slobbering and falling over themselves to sign McBob for 5-7 mil.
Portland signed Thomas, Memphis hasn't made him an offer, the Pacers aren't interested in him, and I don't see the Lakers offers that type money either. Who is the mystery team?

I hope McBob gets a great salary with a new team, but I have this feeling he's going end up settling in the 2-3 mil range. Maybe Memphis will end up doing a S&T, and McBob gets 5.6 mil. I just don't see any other opportunity for it to happen. If so, I know who got the better end of that deal, and it isn't Memphis!

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 06:43 PM
This would mean the 7/08 trade for J.Bayless/Diogu for Rush/Jack/McBob would leave POR w/ 0 & IN w/ Mayo (& trade-bate Rush)...

Ha, good point. This is our last chance to have that trade not be a complete wash.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 06:44 PM
Hey thanks for ripping on me appreciate it but Landry rumor came from the Marc Stein article, not me

We're both Pacers fans so no harm intended, but you've published numerous false/misleading speculation pieces as rumors or stories (Pacers to Vancouver, Granger trade rumors, etc.). Then other people read it as fact, and then there's a long, unnecessary discussion that could've been avoided. What do you want me to say?

PacerGuy
12-11-2011, 06:47 PM
My Dream deal here:
DC, McBob (S&T), Rush, pick (?)
for
Conely, Mayo

Saves MEM big $ & adds a developing, bigger, more proto-typical PG who is signed for the future to pair w/ a more combo PG in G.Hill.

Mayo is the slasher we need, & if EJ stays in LA, resigning OJ could be a very nice "consolation piece", & would allow us to explore the value of Granger a bit more (w/ P.George able to move to the 3).

Just say'n...

Kemo
12-11-2011, 06:50 PM
What would our rotation be with Mayo?

Collison/Hill
George/Mayo/Hill

or

Collison/Hill
Mayo/George/Hill
Granger/George?

Sorry if this has been posted, I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Alot of you keep forgetting someone..

Lance Stephenson...

Lance WILL get a decent amount of playtime this season, provided he keeps doing all the right things off the court keeping his nose clean like he has been doing thus far. And if his offseason was successful in getting himself in game-shape and improving..
If so, it will be very hard to keep him out of the lineup and earning playtime ..

Also , besides rounding out our end of bench roster , I would be happy if we were done for right now..

I mean damn, this ain't Pokemon .. where you "gotta catch 'em all , gotta catch 'em all ! " lol

Seriously some of ya'll expecting us to keep trading and trading and signing and signing...

At some stage, it get's to the point where you have a handful of players who are way too good of players to rot at the end of the bench..

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
My Dream deal here:
DC, McBob (S&T), Rush, pick (?)
for
Conely, Mayo

Saves MEM big $ & adds a developing, bigger, more proto-typical PG who is signed for the future to pair w/ a more combo PG in G.Hill.

Mayo is the slasher we need, & if EJ stays in LA, resigning OJ could be a very nice "consolation piece", & would allow us to explore the value of Granger a bit more (w/ P.George able to move to the 3).

Just say'n...

we cant trade DC now! we just D West!

BBALL56HACKER
12-11-2011, 07:04 PM
Memphis would do this deal to free up more cap space to get match the offer sheet for M.G. They do not want more players from us except maybe MCBOB (at about 2.5-3 million ) I also would not send any picks but maybe a 2nd rounder since we are saving them money on the luxury tax.

A.B.Hollywood
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Anyone else find it funny that he spelled Kirilenko correctly but misspelled Landry? :laugh:

Man, That was a bigger fail on my part than a clutch Nick Anderson FT.

Lance George
12-11-2011, 07:15 PM

Portland traded Bayless to New Orleans for a first, which they later traded to Charlotte as one of the main pieces in acquiring Gerald Wallace (two firsts, Dante Cunningham, and Joel Przybilla's corpse).

So, we'll say 50% of Gerald Wallace vs. Mayo & Rush.

rock747
12-11-2011, 07:18 PM

It's killing me.

DGPR
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Hopefully we hear some good news on this tomorrow. I'm really hoping for this trade to pull through for us.

Shade
12-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Man, That was a bigger fail on my part than a clutch Nick Anderson FT.

Maybe you should try from about half-court instead. ;) :(

Shade
12-11-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't see the need to go after Landry unless we're trading HandsBro.

Let's just do the S&T for Mayo and sign a back-up C and call it an offseason.

Richard_Skull
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm 99.9% positive you can't package multiple players with S&T. Could be 2 separate deals, but I find that unlikely.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I'm 99.9% positive you can't package multiple players with S&T. Could be 2 separate deals, but I find that unlikely.

yes you can remember the David Lee S&T last year??

The deal will send Lee to the Warriors for Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike among others.

You just have to make it work money wise.

Richard_Skull
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
You just have to make it work money wise.

They didn't package anyone with David Lee. We can't send players with Josh to MEM.

Ownagedood
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I actually think we're good enough at center.. Do the mayo trade then we're good! We got Hibbs and Feisty Foster, with Pendergraph as an option there too.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

aceace
12-11-2011, 07:46 PM
If we do a sign & trade using McBob (who's not under contract) we will have reached 15 players under contract unless we include Rush, Price or Jones. I think we keep Posey as insurance or for a trade deadline move.

QuickRelease
12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
I don't see the need to go after Landry unless we're trading HandsBro.

Let's just do the S&T for Mayo and sign a back-up C and call it an offseason.
Didn't the Foster signing take care of back-up C spot?

pacers74
12-11-2011, 07:53 PM
This is just like the trade deadline last year, except we don't have NO and the dealine clock to stop the trade.

QuickRelease
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Say we get Mayo. Who starts?

MillerTime
12-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Didn't the Foster signing take care of back-up C spot?

Foster is too injury prone. Need someone more reliable

IndyPacer
12-11-2011, 07:57 PM

After many years of university study, I at last do not have any final exams to worry about.

Instead, I am studying for a 4-hour licensing exam, the EPPP, which is much WORSE. :mad: Merry Christmas to me...

At least things are going well for my basketball teams lately.

Pacergeek
12-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Say we get Mayo. Who starts?

Mayo starts, and Paul George backs up Danny Granger at SF. We would have serious depth, which is what contending teams have

PG-Collison/Price
SG-Mayo/Hill
SF-Granger/George
PF-West/Hansbrough
C-Hibbert/Foster

This rotation looks formidable!

pacers74
12-11-2011, 08:15 PM
A bench of George, Hill, and Hansbrough looks very studly. I don't think any team has a better bench than that. If you can add an improved Lance instead of AJ our bench could be unstoppable.

Pacergeek
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
A bench of George, Hill, and Hansbrough looks very studly. I don't think any team has a better bench than that. If you can add an improved Lance instead of AJ our bench could be unstoppable.

I thought about putting Lance instead of Price on the PG depth chart, but some PDers would've cried. I do agree that Lance should be over AJ on the depth chart

luis3ep
12-11-2011, 08:30 PM
Via @MikeWellsNBA
Another element in the Pacers pursuit of OJ Mayo is that they also want to send Brandon Rush to Memphis w McRoberts, according to a source.

BPump33
12-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA 1 min Reply Retweet Favorite Open
Another element in the Pacers pursuit of OJ Mayo is that they also want to send Brandon Rush to Memphis w McRoberts, according to a source.

Mike Wells @MikeWellsNBA 43 sec Reply Retweet Favorite Open
That could be a potential hold up in the deal because the Grizzlies are stockpiled with guards.

luis3ep
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Via @MikeWellsNBA

That could be a potential hold up in the deal because the Grizzlies are stockpiled with guards.

cdash
12-11-2011, 08:32 PM

I'll pack his bags for him.

Doddage
12-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Damn it, I hope this deal doesn't not happen because we insist they take Rush.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 08:35 PM

Well, this makes complete sense.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 08:36 PM
If the holdup in the trade is that the Grizzlies don't want Rush, then just drop that demand. If the Pacers want to get rid of him that badly, just cut him. He's on the last year of his deal and he only makes something like $2.5 million.

pacers74
Even if we don't get Mayo we still should have a top 5 team in the east.

PacerPenguins
Brush could help replace mayo for them

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 08:37 PM
If the holdup in the trade is that the Grizzlies don't want Rush, then just drop that demand. If the Pacers want to get rid of him that badly, just cut him. He's on the last year of his deal and he only makes something like $2.5 million.

i completely agree its not worth potentially memphis pulling out of the trade

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Even if we don't get Mayo we still should have a top 5 team in the east.

its going to be a fun season :D

Young
12-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I don't see why Brandon Rush would be much of a holdup in the deal.

His salary isn't that much (in NBA standards) and he is in the last year of his deal.

Even if the Grizzles don't want him there has to be some team out there willing to take him on. It doesn't sound like the Pacers are asking for too much just someone to pay his salary this season. Brandon isn't that bad.

Shade
It's understandable that we'd want to package Rush in the deal, but it shouldn't be a dealbreaker for us if Memphis declines. McBob for Mayo is already a win.

RLeWorm
its going to be a fun season :D

The pacers are back!

Shade
12-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Portland traded Bayless to New Orleans for a first, which they later traded to Charlotte as one of the main pieces in acquiring Gerald Wallace (two firsts, Dante Cunningham, and Joel Przybilla's corpse).

So, we'll say 50% of Gerald Wallace vs. Mayo & Rush.

I'd take 50% of Gerald Wallace over Brandon Rush.

Trader Joe
12-11-2011, 08:42 PM
You're rolling the dice that Mayo ends up blowing up finally, which isn't a bad dice roll considering how the rest of the backcourt already looks.

Larry Staverman
12-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Adding Mayo for a S&T for McBob would give us 15 players under contract. Would need to clear one to make another move or keep 1 roster spot open.

IU_sears
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM
WHat do you guys think McBob will be signed for in a sign and trade situation? If we are expecting them to take Rush too... I just don't see how this makes sense for the Grizzlies. They are trying to shed salary and guards in this deal. They need the salary cut to sign Gasol and avoid the tax... I can't imagine McBob and Rush being a significant savings over Mayo (5 mil per I believe)... I am afraid this might ultimately kill the deal. The numbers just don't add up. McBob isn't signing for less than 3 mil per.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Brush could help replace mayo for them

Check Memphis' roster. They are loaded with SG's. They don't need Rush.

Mackey_Rose
12-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Adding Mayo for a S&T for McBob would give us 15 players under contract. Would need to clear one to make another move or keep 1 roster spot open.

Why do they need an open roster spot?

PacerGuy
12-11-2011, 08:54 PM

Yes, but Price in non-guarenteed (IIRC), esp if you trust Lance as #3 PG.

Steagles
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
I just hope Bird isn't stupid enough to let Memphis walk because of Rush

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

chrisjacobs7
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM

It'd make sense if they have another move up their sleeve... signing Landry?

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 08:57 PM

For Petesake don't jeopardise the deal by trying to force Rush on them. Don't get greedy just do the darn deal.

Larry Staverman
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM

Flexibility

Eleazar
12-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Yes, but Price in non-guarenteed (IIRC), esp if you trust Lance as #3 PG.

Or they can just amnesty someone like Jones, Posey, or Rush. Preferably Jones as it would save money for next year, and not force the team to add a lot of salary to meet the minimum salary cap.

By the way, does anyone know what happens if a team does not meet the minimum cap?

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Via @MikeWellsNBA
Quote:

That doesn't make much sense in the fact they have to many guards now and lack a PF. Plus they need to have some salary relief. Larry would know this. Larry just needs to find another trade for Rush.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 09:01 PM
I'll pack his bags for him.

I'll carry them out to the limo, and tip the driver to make sure he hurrys to the airport.

Doddage
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
I think we could find a team that would take Rush. I see the Bobcats, Mavs, and Suns as possibilities. Perhaps we could get a 2nd rounder, at least a protected one?

Naptown_Seth
12-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I was actually one of the few on the Mayo side coming into his draft, a lot of people thought he had an attitude problem and hated his whole USC situation.

But this isn't the McRoberts-love talking when I ask WTF do we need Mayo for???

This is like getting Tyler when you had McBob and could have traded down and drafted Holiday (or Collison) and filled 2 holes at the same time (by playing Josh in the Tyler minutes that year - thanks JOB).

Mayo is nice, but Paul George appears to be better. You aren't playing him over Granger either. And for backup SG time you have George Hill.

Even with West the Pacers still have more talent at the 2-3 than they do at the 4-5. I'd expect Danny, Paul and Hill to get ALL of the 96 minutes of 2-3 play this year. I don't think Roy, Jeff, Tyler or JPend are going to run more than 20 minutes on most nights. Age, fouls and/or being overmatched at times will prevent that.

I guess that's where the AK discussions come in. But he's so run down at this point.

McRoberts is still very young, and really if you are going to make a SG splash it should be Gordon next year instead.

But Mayo is a nice balanced player who is a solid defender (a bit less than Rush IMO) but more aggressive than Rush on offense (that's a low bar).

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
By the way, does anyone know what happens if a team does not meet the minimum cap?

The difference is split among the Pacers players.

Eleazar
12-11-2011, 09:05 PM
The difference is split among the Pacers players.

Ok, so it isn't even a big deal if you don't reach the minimum.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM
I think we could find a team that would take Rush. I see the Bobcats, Mavs, and Suns as possibilities. Perhaps we could get a 2nd rounder, at least a protected one?

LOL!!!! Never heard of a protected 2nd rounder! Not sure there is even such a thing.