PDA

View Full Version : Andrei Kirilenko also to indiana?

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 07:20 AM
O'Connor offered a "no comment" when asked about ongoing discussions the team has had with longtime Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko, who remains in Russia playing and awaiting an NBA deal.

I seen where indiana is in talks with landry and the russian AK47... id love to have them both if the price is right..

MillerTime
12-12-2011, 07:33 AM
Meh...not too excited about AK47...he used to good

RLeWorm
12-12-2011, 08:03 AM
he gets injured too much....pass

vnzla81
12-12-2011, 08:04 AM
he gets injured too much....pass

Ok :laugh:

Steagles
12-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Not that great. Pass

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Foul on Smits
12-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Rather have him than Mayo.

Kemo
12-12-2011, 08:38 AM
LOL, I wanna know where you propose he play at..We just do NOT have the minutes to give him if we did sign him.. The minutes at the guard spots are a logjam with DC,Lance,Hill,Paul George and D.Jones.. and then Mayo if we aquire him.. and that is getting rid of Rush and AJ and/or possibly Jones... and relegating 1 of them to the IR .

The only possible place for him would be as a SF..

But at SF, we got Danny and Paul George who are gonna utilize all those minutes..

He could play PF, but once again....
We have West, Hansbrough and Pendegrass

So IMO it would be a waste to even think about AK47 at this point..

I do like him as a veteran player who can help a contender though...

Pacersalltheway10
12-12-2011, 08:48 AM
Sign and trade Jones and/or Rush for AK47 to backup Granger

naptownmenace
12-12-2011, 10:23 AM
I think the Pacers were looking at AK47 in the event they couldn't get Nene or West. Now that they have West, I doubt they'll make an offer for either AK47 or Landry.

Since86
12-12-2011, 10:34 AM
LOL, I wanna know where you propose he play at..We just do NOT have the minutes to give him if we did sign him.. The minutes at the guard spots are a logjam with DC,Lance,Hill,Paul George and D.Jones.. and then Mayo if we aquire him.. and that is getting rid of Rush and AJ and/or possibly Jones... and relegating 1 of them to the IR .

Considering AK isn't a 2, and never has been a 2, I don't know why this is such a problem. Danny and PG are the only SFs on the roster.

MyFavMartin
12-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Unrelated, but good read by Greenie:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=greenberg/060307

jeffg-body
12-12-2011, 12:23 PM
I would love to see AK in a pacers uni. Backing up granger at the three and allowing George more to focus on the 2 spot. We do this and Mayo needing will be a thing of the past.

CableKC
12-12-2011, 12:32 PM
This is the one thing that everyone is forgetting....where on Earth are the minutes going to come from for all these Players?

We can only add 1 more Player to the roster AFTER Foster, Pendegraph and West....ignoring how on earth we will figure out how West and Hansbrough will split their minutes at the PF spot.....where on Earth are the minutes for a Player like AK47 that is best suited to play at the SF/PF spot?

Assuming that any potential S&T of McBob falls through ( hence no Mayo ), there is no interest to get JCraw, PG plays all of his minutes at the SG spot while sharing it with GH and Lance/Inferno....that would only leave between 16-18 mpg for the backup SF spot. Keeping in mind that both West and Hansbrough are best suited to ONLY play at the PF spot while doing a very bad impression of a backup SF or Center....where else will AK47 get minutes? If all that he is best suited to do is to play 18 mpg....we better be paying him as a Player that is going to only play 18 mpg...which IMHO won't come cheap given that this is one of his last big contracts.

I really have to wonder if this is one of those rumors that simply haven't been cleaned up and simply hasn't been updated ( as in, "The Pacers have shown interest in pursuing Players like JCraw, AK47, Mayo and West ) ESPECIALLY in light of the signing of David West yesterday. I'm also wondering if this is one of those rumors that are floated by Agents to get more attention to them since the Pacers are flush with Capspace. I do not doubt that the Pacers had any interest in AK47....but my guess is that he was Plan F if "everything else failed"...which seemed to be the case before West signed with us.

Kemo
12-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Considering AK isn't a 2, and never has been a 2, I don't know why this is such a problem. Danny and PG are the only SFs on the roster.

I never said as much ..

But with PG also playing the 2 possibly as it's starter, AK47 is affected by the 2 guard spot .. Was what I was getting at

troyc11a
12-12-2011, 12:47 PM
Sign and trade Jones and/or Rush for AK47 to backup Granger

Doesnt Utah need a wing that can shoot? They might want Rush. If we get Mayo, there is no room for him.

AK47 coming off the bench with Tyler and Hill would be unbelievable!!!!!!!!

BornReady
12-12-2011, 12:54 PM
Doesnt Utah need a wing that can shoot? They might want Rush. If we get Mayo, there is no room for him.

haha I know Bird's done a good job so far in this free agency, but thats stretching it a little I think :P

12-12-2011, 12:57 PM

The only possible place for him would be as a SF..

But at SF, we got Danny and Paul George who are gonna utilize all those minutes..

He could play PF, but once again....
We have West, Hansbrough and Pendegrass

So IMO it would be a waste to even think about AK47 at this point..

I do like him as a veteran player who can help a contender though...

In a normal season you're tight Kemo, but this is not a Normal season. There are many games in a short period of time, and the team with the most depth could go far.

CooperManning
12-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Paul George is Danny Granger's backup. Pass on AK.

CableKC
12-12-2011, 01:00 PM

BRush and Inferno are non-factors here...whether they are sitting on the bench or on a different Team <<< cough >>> BRush <<< cough >>>

But before you get excited with AK47, assuming that we get Mayo ( which I'm not 100% confident will will happen ) and that AK47/DWest/Hansbrough don't play any Backup Center minutes ( which IMHO wouldn't work ), can you help me breakdown the # of minutes that will be distributed with a lineup of Collison/PGeorge/Granger/GHill/DWest/Hansbrough/Mayo with AK47 added to the mix?

The answer is that you can't without having someone sit on the bench ( and none of the new Players that come to Indy is going to do that ). The only way that you can add AK47 is if we don't add Mayo, JCraw or any FA Wingman....but on top of that....if we did add AK47....he'd only be playing between 18 to 22 mpg between the SG/PF spot ( which IMHO would greatly affect the # of minutes that Hansbrough gets ).

12-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I won't deny anyone the opportunity to ride the pine pony (the bench).

Justin Tyme
12-12-2011, 01:06 PM

That's why they drafted Alex Burks. BUT I did mull over the idea of doing a S&T for Kirilenko using Rush/Dahntay, but I decided Kirilenko would want too much money for the Pacers to invest in him. Still an interesting prospect, just don't see him wanting to take a secondary role to play with the Pacers.

CableKC
12-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I won't deny anyone the opportunity to ride the pine pony (the bench).
If AK47 was at the end of his career and was paid like someone that will sit on the bench...then, no problem....I'd be okay with adding AK47.

The problem is that he isn't and he won't come cheap enough to justify not playing him at least 20+ mpg.

Having a Player like AK47 is a great dream to have on the Team....even for me when I saw him as a Swiss Army knife Defensive Player....the problem is that I had that dream 3 or 4 seasons ago. Now it is time to move on....we don't have the minutes for him and he's ( unfortunately ) too injury prone to be relied upon to contribute on a regular basis. If we didn't have Hansbrough, he'd fit in perfectly...the problem is that I don't see Hansbrough going anywhere unless it was for a trade for a Player that makes sense.

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Andrei AK47 is a very good defensive player. i was thinking if we played chicago or miami we are going to need someone gaurding deng and others... If he can be had for a good price id love to have him.. good degense means alot in this league....

Just quoting yahoo sports who said indiana is talking to him or his agent..

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 03:19 PM
If AK47 was at the end of his career and was paid like someone that will sit on the bench...then, no problem....I'd be okay with adding AK47.

The problem is that he isn't and he won't come cheap enough to justify not playing him at least 20+ mpg.

Having a Player like AK47 is a great dream to have on the Team....even for me when I saw him as a Swiss Army knife Defensive Player....the problem is that I had that dream 3 or 4 seasons ago. Now it is time to move on....we don't have the minutes for him and he's ( unfortunately ) too injury prone to be relied upon to contribute on a regular basis. If we didn't have Hansbrough, he'd fit in perfectly...the problem is that I don't see Hansbrough going anywhere unless it was for a trade for a Player that makes sense.

what if danny gets injured again and misses some games? or the other players paul? it would be nice to have him to enter for either of those two players if they are injured...

DAVIDLOCKHART40
12-12-2011, 03:24 PM
In a normal season you're tight Kemo, but this is not a Normal season. There are many games in a short period of time, and the team with the most depth could go far.

right on 1984.. just what im thinking.. what if granger or paul went down with an injury.... this is why other great teams are adding players.. i see where miami is going to offer arenas a contract... would we want him? NO this is why indiana is where we are at.. if we can add a player like him at a good price its worth it... he would bring good D rebounding and can score... also he is a vet...

jeffg-body
12-13-2011, 01:06 AM
Would anyone be interested in Ak if we traded Danny for a top level point guard (yes, I still have the man crush on Rondo)?

presto123
12-13-2011, 01:44 AM
AK used to kill us when we played JAZZ. HE hasn't regressed that much has he? I haven't followed his game lately.

MillerTime
12-13-2011, 01:50 AM
Inside of AK, should should focus on a PF/C

CableKC
12-13-2011, 03:15 AM
what if danny gets injured again and misses some games? or the other players paul? it would be nice to have him to enter for either of those two players if they are injured...
Let me ask you this...how much would you pay a Player to sit on the bench?

Cuz that's how much you'd have to pay AK47 to justify him coming to Indy to sit on the bench waiting for Granger and PG to get injured.

The problem is that AK47 can play minutes at the SF and PF spot...even as a backup. The problem is that we don't have minutes for any new SF or PF.....we already have PG as a backup SF or Hansbrough as our backup PF.