PDA

View Full Version : Current Depth Chart

Kid Minneapolis
12-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Only including guys who are likely going to be around come the start of the season:

PG - Collison, Hill, Price, Lance
SG - George, Hill, Jones, Rush, Lance
SF - Granger, ??? PG?
PF - West, Hansbrough, Pendergraph
C - Hibbert, Foster

It seems to me that our weakest spot is.... backing up Granger. Seems like we're lowest in front-court depth, and yet we're getting rid of a front-court guy in McRoberts to add --- another guard??? I like Mayo to a degree, but we officially have a log-jam.

If we do indeed pick up Mayo, I'd almost prefer to see PG doing time equally at both the 2 and 3 just to spot Granger some minutes. He's about the best qualified guy we have to do that.

At this point in time, I'd like to see Rush+stuff moved for a SF.

Sookie
12-11-2011, 11:07 PM
we don't need any wing players.

You play PG as a 20 minute starter at SG and as a backup to Danny, Hill as a backup to George at SG for the remaining minutes, and let Lance and Price battle it out for backup PG spot.

or, if you want Hill to play backup PG, you have Jones and Rush battle it out for SF spot, Hill play both backup guard spots, and let Price and Lance battle it out for the remaining minutes.

We've got a lot of wings..

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
we don't need any wing players.

You play PG as a 20 minute starter at SG and as a backup to Danny, Hill as a backup to George at SG for the remaining minutes, and let Lance and Price battle it out for backup PG spot.

or, if you want Hill to play backup PG, you have Jones and Rush battle it out for SF spot, Hill play both backup guard spots, and let Price and Lance battle it out for the remaining minutes.

We've got a lot of wings..

I want to see Lance play wing as well I think he would do well as Danny's back up Lance can play the 3 IMO and that may be the best spot for him defensively.

I know Slick Leonard agrees

pezasied182
12-11-2011, 11:21 PM
I want to see Lance play wing as well I think he would do well as Danny's back up Lance can play the 3 IMO and that may be the best spot for him defensively.

I know Slick Leonard agrees

With how cramped this season is going to be, I won't doubt Lance will get some playing time at wing at some point.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
With how cramped this season is going to be, I won't doubt Lance will get some playing time at wing at some point.

ya Ive heard that on the 3 games in 3 nights that on the 3rd night most coaches are gonna rest there starters and also will use there bench more throughout the season.

RLeWorm
12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
damn, Lance needs to play this year. He shouldn't be behind Price.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 11:28 PM
damn, Lance needs to play this year. He shouldn't be behind Price.

If he out plays Price in camp im sure he wont be. All of this stuff is TBA still a lot of training camp and time for the coaches to evaluate whats best for us to win.

spazzxb
12-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Only including guys who are likely going to be around come the start of the season:

PG - Collison, Hill, Price, Lance
SG - George, Hill, Jones, Rush, Lance
SF - Granger, ??? PG?
PF - West, Hansbrough, Pendergraph
C - Hibbert, Foster

It seems to me that our weakest spot is.... backing up Granger. Seems like we're lowest in front-court depth, and yet we're getting rid of a front-court guy in McRoberts to add --- another guard??? I like Mayo to a degree, but we officially have a log-jam.

We have 3 pf's and josh can't play center worth a damn.

docpaul
12-11-2011, 11:40 PM
Feels like we have a trade percolating here.

We are about to have a guard glut (even if we jettison Rush). We've also told Posey to not report to camp.

Something just doesn't add up for me at this point.

1/2: Collison, Hill, Price, Stephenson, George, Jones, Mayo
3: Granger
4/5: West, Hansbrough, Pendergraph, Hibbert, Foster

We could use a solid backup 3 (which likely will be manned by George/Jones) but we definitely still need a backup 5.

Personal dream would be for Varejao, who could easily play 4/5... draft picks and one or two players from our team to fill out their very thin backcourt.

Kid Minneapolis
12-12-2011, 12:46 AM
We have 3 pf's and josh can't play center worth a damn.

I agree, but he's at least in the right part of the court! The point was, they're thinking of bringing in *another* wing player.

spazzxb
12-12-2011, 12:51 AM
I agree, but he's at least in the right part of the court! The point was, they're thinking of bringing in *another* wing player.

Both Rush and DJ are on the last year of there contracts right? I don't consider either of them part of the future, in constrast Mayo could be part of the core. It sounds like we are trying to dump Rush, that would at least help.

CableKC
12-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Both Rush and DJ are on the last years of there contracts right? Mayo could be part of the core.
Inferno has one more year on this contract. No need to amnesty him.

jeffg-body
12-12-2011, 12:59 AM
This is why we are wanting the Grizzleis to take back Rush and Mcbob both in a S&T scenario. For some reason I think that we may not see Rush, Jones or Price in a Pacers uni at the start of the season. If this happens we will need another 1-2 wings and Mayo would be a perfect fit. To get rid of all of the players mentioned we will have to bring a third team in and probably snag a big with a bad contract in the process. If we add in Posey's expiring contract it may look even better for the Grizzlies.

spazzxb
12-12-2011, 12:59 AM

I meant year not years, but thanks.

Kraft
12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Collison, Hill, George, Granger and Mayo (or other addition). Five guys, three positions. Well rested and versatile. Makes sense to me.

Pawn off Rush, and maybe Jones. Cut Price and save the cash, or trade him if there is a taker.

Give Stephenson spot minutes. I sometimes don't understand the irrational desire to give this guy a regular spot in a rotation when we have barely seen him play. Hope he does well, but he is the last thing on my mind. He should be a college junior right now. I don't want growing pains, I want winning basketball. And judging by the crowds, I am not alone.

spazzxb
12-12-2011, 01:38 AM
Collison, Hill, George, Granger and Mayo (or other addition). Five guys, three positions. Well rested and versatile. Makes sense to me.

Pawn off Rush, and maybe Jones. Cut Price and save the cash, or trade him if there is a taker.

Give Stephenson spot minutes. I sometimes don't understand the irrational desire to give this guy a regular spot in a rotation when we have barely seen him play. Hope he does well, but he is the last thing on my mind. He should be a college junior right now. I don't want growing pains, I want winning basketball. And judging by the crowds, I am not alone.

Stephenson is a wild card but we need to find out if he can live up to the hype, or even Birds expectations. He might be nothing but he has some obvious gifts giving the hope that he could be special. I believe the unknown is the main reason people want to see him play. I don't believe this is irrational at all.

Infinite MAN_force
12-12-2011, 02:31 AM

Not now. But by next season, if we want to sign a player, might be smartest to amnesty Jones then. Maximize our cap space... Since Posey expires anyway.