PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gordon?

luis3ep
12-11-2011, 09:04 PM
As we know, the Clippers seems to be the team that CP3 is most likely to go to now. One of the NBA guys is now reporting that contrary to earlier reports, it looks like the Hornets will want Eric Gordon after all. My question is this... is there ANY way we could get in this trade and acquire EG? i know it'll take some players and picks obviously. What do you guys think?

I would be ok with trading Collison, a Wing not named George, a pick and whatever else it takes.

Pacergeek
12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
It all depends on if we acquire Mayo. I would love to see Gordon play with George Hill in the NBA

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 09:07 PM
No. The Hornets want Gordon so they can keep him, not so they can send him to another team.

Doddage
12-11-2011, 09:09 PM
With the way Stern is asserting his will, we'd have to surrender a lot of assets to get him.

King Tuts Tomb
12-11-2011, 09:11 PM
I don't really like indulging the Gordon fantasies, but this could actually work out nicely for us. If the New Orleans situation is still in chaos in a couple years Gordon could be looking for a new team.

mattie
would the trade require EJ to sign an extension?? First why would NOH trade for him.. .EJ would just bolt. ANd secondly, that would be awesome for us because he'd bolt straight to Indianapolis.

Kstat
If a texas-sized meteor is ever spotted hurtling towards the earth, the first thread I expect to see on PD is how the Pacers can possibly leverage it to get Eric Gordon from the Clippers....

dohman
12-11-2011, 09:13 PM
With the way Stern is asserting his will, we'd have to surrender a lot of assets to get him.

I wonder if Tyler,Paul G, and a 1st would be enough.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 09:14 PM
If a texas-sized meteor is ever spotted hurtling towards the earth, the first thread I expect to see on PD is how the Pacers can possibly leverage it to get Eric Gordon from the Clippers....
Seriously. Guys, we're not getting Eric Gordon.

He's not going to turn down more money from wherever he ends up (Either the Clippers or the Hornets).

troyc11a
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM

That is a lot to give up for a player who is always hurt and on the inactive list.

mattie
12-11-2011, 09:28 PM

hHAHahha that killed me

BRushWithDeath
12-11-2011, 09:29 PM
That is a lot to give up for a player who is always hurt and on the inactive list.

It's also not enough.

Dr. Awesome
12-11-2011, 09:30 PM
Just stop.

v_d_g
12-11-2011, 09:59 PM
Almost.

I'm sure that Stern would insist that Brian Cardinal and the draft rights to Jordy Hulls be thrown in.

troyc11a
12-11-2011, 10:18 PM
It's also not enough.

It might not be enough from the Clippers perspective, but it is an absolute horrible trade for Indiana. The Pacers are getting fleeced in that deal. Trading 2 long term contributors for the right to watch Eric Gordon sit behind the bench in a suit is not a good idea. Make a trade for someone who is tough and healthy enough to play.

PaulGeorge
12-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Pass. Mayo is just as good and is way way cheaper. The Gordon talks really need to end until he is a FA in 2yrs. We will be much much better then and knocking on the door of contenders. I think then he would choose Indy if we can offer him the money he wants. If Gordon gets shipped to the hornets I would expect him to play out his contract then go to a contender or the highest bidder possibly.

PacerGuy
12-11-2011, 10:28 PM

The next thread would be PD posters longing for a Dale Davis clone who could break up the meteor with his mammoth-sized guns & donkey-sized **** and save the earth.

BRushWithDeath
12-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Pass. Mayo is just as good and is way way cheaper. The Gordon talks really need to end until he is a FA in 2yrs. We will be much much better then and knocking on the door of contenders. I think then he would choose Indy if we can offer him the money he wants. If Gordon gets shipped to the hornets I would expect him to play out his contract then go to a contender or the highest bidder possibly.

No.

luis3ep
12-11-2011, 10:32 PM
The next thread would be PD posters longing for a Dale Davis clone who could break up the meteor with his mammoth-sized guns & donkey-sized **** and save the earth.

http://i44.tinypic.com/e68t4j.jpg

LA_Confidential
12-11-2011, 10:39 PM
Here we go AGAIN!

lilojmayo
12-11-2011, 10:40 PM

Your half right. OJ will be just as expensive as Gordon if he plays well as a Pacer. Larry Bird is basically trading on Mayo's potential because its OJ's contract year. This will be the best he will ever play arguably in his career this season.

BRushWithDeath
12-11-2011, 11:15 PM
Your half right. OJ will be just as expensive as Gordon if he plays well as a Pacer. Larry Bird is basically trading on Mayo's potential because its OJ's contract year. This will be the best he will ever play arguably in his career this season.

You picked the wrong half.

RLeWorm
12-11-2011, 11:18 PM
No.

yes. Mayo just had a bad year last year. I don't see much that EG could do that Mayo couldn't. Mayo can ball. I like EG but i don't think we need him if we pick up Mayo

PaulGeorge
12-11-2011, 11:42 PM
No.

All we want is a player who can create his own shot.

He has lost favor in memphis last year. his first two yrs he played 38min a game. Last year he played only 26 plus the offense starting gearing towards the post game of gasol, randolf.

Gordon only played in 56 games last year and 62 the year before.

I'll give Gordon the nod for being a better athlete but, ill say it again. Mayo is just as good with how we would use him. And if it only takes mcbob to get him then it is well worth it. Just wait 2yrs and if Gordon even wants to play here he will give us a chance. By then will atleast know he can make it through a whole season.

Pacersalltheway10
12-11-2011, 11:49 PM
Instead of just getting EJ, the Hornets could get Danny Granger and Hans instead while we get Eric Gordon . similar to what they would have got in the rocket, laker trade.

but the people who are saying we will never get Eric gordon are outnumbering those who say we will.

I really don't care if we get him.

pezasied182
12-11-2011, 11:54 PM
Instead of just getting EJ, the Hornets could get Danny Granger and Hans instead while we get Eric Gordon . similar to what they would have got in the rocket, laker trade.

but the people who are saying we will never get Eric gordon are outnumbering those who say we will.

I really don't care if we get him.

The difference with that is Gordon is a young player whereas Gasol was not. The Hornets wouldn't trade Gordon for Ganger/Hans. Other owners would flip because of the increase in payroll that trade would bring.

Naptown_Seth
12-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Actually it looks like to me what Stern is pushing is REDUCTION OF SALARY for the Hornets along with the acquisition of many draft picks.

Why?

To sell the team. That's the ONLY THING Stern is doing with that team right now and why he vetoed the trade. People want to buy something they can then make their own, or an already great team. Think about the trouble they've had selling a team that had Chris Paul and David West.

So you reduce the price by reducing the roster and turning it into a virtual blank slate.

Gordon works as an expiring that can be let go or SnT, an asset that the new owner won't be financially committed to. If Stern wanted actual basketball talent assets he would have just let the original deal go through but that would have meant a higher salary point and a harder sell.