PDA

View Full Version : Hold the Mayo?

PaulGeorge
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/978367-ba-rumors-roundup-chris-paul-to-clippers-jamal-crawford-to-knicks-and-more/page/7

The Hawks might have overplayed their hands with Jamal Crawford. Once close to working with a sign and trade with Chicago that would have given them more, right when they were close to working that deal, the Pistons bought out Rip Hamilton and Chicago worked a deal there.

There were reports earlier today that the Knicks were trying to work a sign and trade, but that's not likely to happen now, according to the latest reports, as the Hawks weren't interested. The Knicks don't have enough to offer.

That means that the most the Knicks can offer is their bi-annual exception of $2.5 million. It's doubtful that Crawford is going to sign for that. It's possible that the aforementioned Pacers could go after him rather than that Mayo sign and trade.
-------------------------------------------------

Have been seen a few articles bout this. Knicks what crawford to take a pay cut since they spent their load on melo, amare, tyson. Hawks don't wanna pay any tax in the sign in trade. Knicks will have to make a 3 way trade seems now.

PacerPenguins
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
bleacher report is terrible....

Sparhawk
12-11-2011, 07:31 PM
Rather have Mayo.

There, I said it.

Steagles
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I want Mayo for free rather than kissing some douchebag's ***.

RLeWorm
12-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Rather have Mayo.

There, I said it.

AGREE!

Lance George
12-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Rather have Mayo.

There, I said it.

Agreed. A similar talent level, but a 7.5-year age gap.

PaulGeorge
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
safe to say mayo is a better defender too? I rather have mayo but, think bird had crawford ahead of mayo

daschysta
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I'd rather have Mayo 10 times out of 10. He fits the age of our core, has a metric crapton of talent, can pass better than J-craw, and is cheaper next year, leaving us the option to dump him, trade him or resign him to a big deal if he breaks out.

Mayo's rookie season is better than any season that Crawford has had in his career averaging 19 ppg on 45 percent shooting is incredibly rare for rookies to achieve, the guys that do are people like Melo, and Lebron. A change of scenery and Mayo is capable of 20 + ppg, and being better than Paul George is next year at least, plus just like George he's a pretty dang good defender too.

safe to say mayo is a better defender too? I rather have mayo but, think bird had crawford ahead of mayo

I'm not so sure. He was after Mayo before this offseason ever started, and Mayo would also be cheaper by a few million next year.

That said either one would do alot to make the pacers a better team, and Crawford does have the "it" factor in the clutch, he's fearless. Mayo is better though, or at least has the ability to be much better.