PDA

View Full Version : D. West defensive question

MrPreGame
12-11-2011, 07:21 PM
Since West's defense is such a big concern, does anyone have any knowledge on if he is better defending more traditional PFs or against stretch 4s. In other words is his D better down on the block or can he run around with the Dirk's of the league? Or neither/both? Can he defend the pick n roll as well as he plays it?

Anthem
12-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Great question. I'd love to get a full scouting report from some intrepid reporter.

MrPreGame
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Also, I know this is alot of questions. Does anybody know how an injury like West's affected the defense of other players that suffered the same knee trouble. Im asking all this because I just really want him to make Boozer his B****. How have they fared against each other before.

12-11-2011, 07:41 PM
Brandon Rush tore his ACL in college, right?

From my understanding, the conditioning and rehab of ACL injuries is so intense, it can often leave one in better shape than they were previously.

daschysta
12-11-2011, 07:50 PM
He was quite mobile in NO as far as i've been made to understand, but he's gritty and isn't a bad defender in the block, more like average.

If he's his old self he's every bit as good as boozer, and infinitely more likeable.

He and Hansbrough will be an excellent rotation.

Healthy D-West is easily a top 10 or so pf

Dirk
Griffin
Gasol
Randolph
Love
Bosh

He's in the same tier as guys like Josh Smith, Horford, Boozer etc...

Which is nothing to be ashamed of considering how strong the Power Forward spot is in the NBA right now.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 07:54 PM
If he's his old self he's every bit as good as boozer, and infinitely more likeable.

I agree, this what I've been saying forever.

daschysta
12-11-2011, 08:14 PM

I don't think that's a bad thing though is I guess where we diverge. I'd take boozer the player (not the person) for 10 million anyday, it's a bargain. (boozer made 14.4 million last season and it continues to raise throughout his deal).

We've been looking for a guy around Danny's level for forever (I see danny as a bit better than west and boozer, but same general tier) and we've finally signed one, and for even cheaper than Danny's contract, which is very fair itself.

To me this is one of the best possible outcomes that could have happened for a team like the Pacers in Free Agency, which usually fleeces small teams like ours into getting nothing, or massively overpaying.

At two years there really is no downside to this deal, we can trade him as a large productive expiring next year if we want to, and his improvement of the team during next season will make us a much more attractive destination to big time players to obtain either during a trade, or during FA.

We're building the deepest team in the NBA right now, and those are the kinds of teams that are able to trade some of their quality depth for a real honest to goodness star, while still having great results during the season.

There were way worse thing that could have happened than picking up a top 10 power forward for a bargain, especially since we already have a top 5 Small forward on the roster at a bargain.

If one of Roy or Paul George (or even mayo if we get him) really break out and challenge for top 5 center or top 10 shooting guard or so at their positions (roy is close, but center position is weak, he'll have to personally improve to qualify) then we could have a very real chance at being a darkhorse sooner rather than later.

Ballerzfan
12-11-2011, 08:22 PM

"Forever" except for all your posts in the thread notifying us we got him where all you do is ***** about getting him...

Ownagedood
12-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Brandon Rush tore his ACL in college, right?

..So thats what happened to him..

We're screwed with West then. /Sarcasm

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk