PDA

View Full Version : What's with this AK-47 chatter?

Anthem
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm seeing people mentioning the Pacers picking up AK-47. Is that a fantasy, or are there actually any links between the two?

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 05:11 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7341777/free-agent-david-west-signs-indiana-pacers-according-source

The Pacers, sources say, also have Carl Landry and Andrei Kirilenko at the top of their frontcourt wish list.

HC
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
Thank you for asking, because I was also wondering. I knew I must have missed something.

Heisenberg
12-11-2011, 05:13 PM
I assume now that we got West both Landry and AK are no longer being considered.

Apparently the Nets are going for him (http://www.basknet.info/2011/12/11/nets-promised-kirilenko-if-howard-is-traded/) if they get Howard

rel
12-11-2011, 05:14 PM
if this follows through, can't wait to see that tat under a pacers uni :P

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/ak47tattoo.jpg

Lance George
12-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Kirilenko's been used almost exclusive at SF over the past two seasons, so acquiring David West may not nullify our interest in him.

cdash
12-11-2011, 05:53 PM
If we can get AK-47 for a cheap price, I'd still love to do it. I maintain that he can play solid minutes at PF, and be a nice complement to Hibbert if you played them at the same time. I think Kirilenko could be a real bargain for some team, and I'd love for it to be us, even with the West signing.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 05:55 PM
I don't think we'll get him and we especially won't get Carl Landry.

The Kings have a stronger desire to get AK47 so I think that's their "big player" they've been waited to announce.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 05:58 PM
If we can get AK-47 for a cheap price, I'd still love to do it. I maintain that he can play solid minutes at PF, and be a nice complement to Hibbert if you played them at the same time. I think Kirilenko could be a real bargain for some team, and I'd love for it to be us, even with the West signing.

Now we agree again :blush:, yes signing AK47 could be nice, he is pretty much what people expected of Dunleavy+defense, he moves well without the ball and makes amazing passes, he is the glue guy you always need in a team.

cdash
12-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Now we agree again :blush:, yes signing AK47 could be nice, he is pretty much what people expected of Dunleavy+defense, he moves well without the ball and makes amazing passes, he is the glue guy you always need in a team.

Yeah, he's not quite the shooter that Dunleavy is, but he is leaps and bounds better on the defensive side of the ball. He's not a great offensive player, but we wouldn't need offense out of him. Defense, energy, and lineup versatility would be his main benefits for this team.

Anthem
12-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure I see us stacking AK and West. But that article was written after the D.West signing, so who knows.

Found an interview with AK saying he'd listen to NBA offers "until December 9th." I'm thinking that's a translation bug. Regardless, he also talks about how happy he is in Russia. There's a price at which I'd pursue him definitely, but I'm not sure how low he'd have to go before I'd be interested.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah, he's not quite the shooter that Dunleavy is, but he is leaps and bounds better on the defensive side of the ball. He's not a great offensive player, but we wouldn't need offense out of him. Defense, energy, and lineup versatility would be his main benefits for this team.

Yeah he can play D from a point guard to a power forward, his assist per game are really good also.

cordobes
12-11-2011, 06:55 PM

I always thought Kirilenko is an undersized quick 4, not a 3.

I would love if Ainge decided to go after him in a S&T to "replace" West.

The Lakers could use the TPE they got for Odom to grab him too if they don't have a better use for it. He'd be a good fit there as well.