PDA

View Full Version : So... Pacers/Rondo Part 3??

Hicks
12-11-2011, 01:18 AM
The Paul to LA trade has fallen apart. Boston will likely go after him again. They may try to sell them on Rondo, but clearly David Stern wants the Hornets to acquire youth, picks, and cash flexibility. Which, of course, Indiana can offer.

Darren Collison, Brandon Rush, our '12 1st draft pick, and/or Tyler Hansbrough could head to New Orleans, Rondo could then head here, and Paul ends up with the Celtics.

Maybe?

Of course, if we include Tyler, we REALLY need to figure out who our power forwards are going to be. Landry would then make even more sense, I suppose, but you'd still need someone else to go with him.

Rondo/Price-Stephenson-Hill
George/Hill
Granger/George
Landry/TBD
Hibbert/Foster

Could be interesting.

HC
12-11-2011, 01:21 AM
I would absolutely love to have Rondo here. This could all fall into the Pacers laps. After all of the madness, that would really be something.

TheDon
12-11-2011, 01:22 AM
I'll keep my crossables crossed, this really seems like the one and only move we have left to make and one that makes sense for our team.

If we send out tyler I think we rrreaallly should try to work things out with Josh.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM
With what the league wants NO to get, flipping Rondo to us makes the most sense.

Foul on Smits
12-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Rename this thread to Pacers Trade Wars: Return of The Rondo

Hicks
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
By the way, if we DID land Rondo, and Nene still hasn't made up his mind... that might change things in regards to his preferred destination if he's big on winning. Nets no longer look so hot, and now Houston doesn't have as much cap space (or Gasol to play with).

Could be nothing but fantasy, but wow imagine if this turn of events made the difference between whether or not we added Rondo and Nene to most of our remaining core. That'd be wild.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 01:25 AM
This Boston/NO/Indy three way is really the only feasible deal left, right?

New York certainly doesn't have anything to offer. Amare Stoudamire doesn't fit what the league is looking for.

If the Pacers acquire Rondo, Nene's ears have to perk up, right?

Throw Nene in the Rondo/George/Granger/Hibbert mix and the Pacers make more noise than if Nene went to the Nets.

ndcoltsnpacers
12-11-2011, 01:28 AM
By the way, if we DID land Rondo, and Nene still hasn't made up his mind... that might change things in regards to his preferred destination if he's big on winning. Nets no longer look so hot, and how Houston doesn't have as much cap space.

Could be nothing but fantasy, but wow imagine if this turn of events made the difference between whether or not we added Rondo and Nene to most of our remaining core. That'd be wild.

Yeah, if Dwight's going to LA, NJ doesn't have as much to look forward to anymore.

HC
12-11-2011, 01:31 AM
With what the league wants NO to get, flipping Rondo to us makes the most sense.

I think so too, but then I wonder if I'm just overvaluing them.

pwee31
12-11-2011, 01:34 AM
The reports were saying the Hornets wanted Paul George or Granger? Hansbrough is pretty much our only PF unless you count Pendergraph? I think the Boston deal could change a little as they have Brandon Bass now, Wilcox, Jeff Green and were apparently on the verge of signing David West?

The new deal, if Boston makes a push, may change a bit.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Rondo/George/Granger/Nene/Hibbert with a bench that includes Hill, Price, Stephenson, Jones, Landry, Pendergraph, and Foster. Could be damned intriguing.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
If part 3 starts back up, where does that put the current trade of West for JJ, Moore,OJ? hmm

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Of course I'd try to avoid dealing Tyler, but I really would love to get Rajon Rondo.

That would be great and I'm happy Bird actually put our name out there.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Rondo/George/Granger/Nene/Hibbert with a bench that includes Hill, Price, Stephenson, Jones, Landry, Pendergraph, and Foster. Could be damned intriguing.

You ain't kidding, but at this point, I'd trade A.J. Price to like the Clippers for a future second round pick.

The Clippers like doing that and then waiving the player.

TheDon
12-11-2011, 01:38 AM
what would be better for us? for them to accept us sending out tyler or sending out granger? we're way more thin at the PF spot if we send out Tyler.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 01:39 AM
what would be better for us? for them to accept us sending out tyler or sending out granger? we're way more thin at the PF spot if we send out Tyler.
You hold onto Granger and try your damnedest to sign Nene or Landry.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 01:41 AM
I'd be talking to Bos/No at the same time as I'm keeping in touch with Nene. If you can get him to commit to us, then trade Tyler. Otherwise, consider Danny, and perhaps swallow Okafor's contract to get another big on the roster and to have better talent?

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 01:42 AM
Come on Hicks now you are giving me hope again stop it ...... :(

ndcoltsnpacers
12-11-2011, 01:46 AM
I've got finals this week and really can't afford Rondo: Episode 3. So if the Pacers could go ahead and get this done like tonight that would help me out.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 01:47 AM
From David Aldridge's latest article:

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2011/12/11/lakers-pull-out-of-paul-hunt/

The collapse of the talks leaves the Hornets frustrated and in an incredibly difficult bind, with just six players in camp and with Paul still seeking to be dealt elsewhere. Several teams, including the Clippers and Celtics, have held off of other potential deals in the hopes that they might somehow be able to get into the Paul Sweepstakes. The Clippers believed late Saturday that there was still a way for them to get involved, but it wasn’t clear what pieces they would be willing to use to try and make an offer to New Orleans. They had adamantly refused to include guard Eric Gordon in any potential trade discussions earlier this week.

Boston had offered a package centered around guard Rajon Rondo, young players and draft picks, but the Hornets weren’t interested.

As far as I know, the David West-to-Celtics trade hasn't gone through yet. You've gotta believe that the Celtics will put that one on ice to focus on CP3.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 01:49 AM
I think Danny would be the only big money, long term contact the league would allow NO to take... b/c it's easier to market a superstar-less team with a hometown former all star at least...

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 01:51 AM
I can't see giving up Danny for Rondo. I like Danny's steady hand. Also, I think Danny and Nene's Veternship is to much of a positive to allow Danny to go. I would rather see Hans, Collison, Rush, and draft picks go.

imawhat
I'd be talking to Bos/No at the same time as I'm keeping in touch with Nene. If you can get him to commit to us, then trade Tyler. Otherwise, consider Danny, and perhaps swallow Okafor's contract to get another big on the roster and to have better talent?

I assume there is and has been a contingency offer in place with Nene.

I expect Chris Paul will land in the East despite the Clippers being the best partner.

I also don't expect the Hornets to go for Rondo, which is silly. They'd rather get 3Rondo young players for $10-11M.

MillerTime
Didn't LA resubmit a new offer for the league's review. I think CP3 is going to end up in LA, eventually.

I do hope we get involved, but I just don't see it happening.

I also wouldn't mind taking on some of NO's salary (since the want young assets and cap flexibility). If we could net Rondo + Okafor while keeping Granger, Hibbert, PG + Hill, and sign Crawford, we'll be top 4 in the East.

Rondo/Hill
PG/Crawford
Granger/Jones
Okafor/Jeff P
Hibbert/Foster

Aw Heck
<a href="http://www.twitter.com/espnsteinline">Marc Stein<a/>:

Sources close to the situation tell ESPN that Clippers have emerged as "early frontrunner" to acquire CP3 now that Lakers out of running
Unless they agree to trade Eric Gordon, what are they going to send to NO?

tadscout
12-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Didn't LA resubmit a new offer for the league's review. I think CP3 is going to end up in LA, eventually.

No, the Lakers pulled out of the talks.

Trader Joe
Chris Paul's trade saga is just flat out hilarious at this point.

CooperManning

I don't swallow Okafor's contract, but I would offer DC + Tyler + a 1st + Rush or Lance (or both, whatever) + a 2nd . The question is, who can offer more than that?

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Howard and CP3 holding FA's / Trading hostage.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 01:56 AM
Danny ain't going in a trade for Rondo or to the Hornets.

Frostwolf
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
bledsoe, deandre, aminu and a pick?

TheDon
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
Does it **** anyone else off that you have to cheer for other teams to get the better talent so that you can get any talent at all. This whole thing of having to cheer for the nets to get dwight howard so we can get nene or boston to get CP3 so we can try and get Rondo just really makes me feel lame.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 01:58 AM

Aminu (just signed Caron), Bledsoe, MN #1 pick, etc. They have great pieces to offer; have always been the favorites IMO.

mildlysane
Get our hopes again...yay!
Snap into a Slim Jim, Oh Yeah!

yoadknux
I don't think this is enough value. IMO we have ato give up on either George or Granger if we want to net Rondo.

Pacer Fan
bledsoe, deandre, aminu and a pick?

Warriors are doing a offer sheet for DeAndre for 4 yrs. 40mil.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 01:59 AM

Minny's pick, but it makes more sense to trade Gordon.

Clippers are the best fit for CP3, imo. Though I don't know what they'd do with Mo Williams. From a Pacer perspective, it'd be great to see both CP3 and Dwight land in the West.

croz24
12-11-2011, 01:59 AM
I don't swallow Okafor's contract, but I would offer DC + Tyler + a 1st + Rush or Lance (or both, whatever) + a 2nd . The question is, who can offer more than that?

If the Celtics are also sending a 1st the Hornets way, which I assume they would and it'd be the Clippers 1st, then I don't think anybody can.

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 02:00 AM
Very intriguing deal, but my goodness, who will makes shots with Granger gone?

TheDon
12-11-2011, 02:01 AM
The way I feel now and the way Hicks obviously feels about the sense of helplessness in the grand scheme of things, really reminds me of how I felt before we somehow convinced the Nets into taking troy murphy and giving us Darren Collison.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 02:01 AM
Hands down, Granger is the safest player on our roster in a Chris Paul trade.

rock747
12-11-2011, 02:04 AM
This is a ****ing rollercoaster ride.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 02:05 AM

No, that was reported, later declared in-accurate, and the deal in question is now dead and cannot come back because Odom is now going to Dallas. Paul won't be a Laker any time soon.

notque
12-11-2011, 02:06 AM
Can we do this every year? This is the most damn entertaining thing I've seen in years.

I love it so much. Every year guys!

notque
12-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Chris Paul on his preseason: "I'm just taking it one trade at a time." #CP3jokes

Hicks
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
Aminu (just signed Caron), Bledsoe, MN #1 pick, etc. They have great pieces to offer; have always been the favorites IMO.

They couldn't have always been the favorites. David Stern is the only reason the Lakers didn't win.

imawhat
12-11-2011, 02:08 AM
This makes sense. The Lakers said the asking price was too high and the last offer had them giving up Odom and Gasol. I agree.

rock747
12-11-2011, 02:10 AM
They couldn't have always been the favorites. David Stern is the only reason the Lakers didn't win.

Thanks, David.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 02:14 AM
OK. So are these the options for trade hauls that the Hornets will consider?

Clippers:
Al-Farouq Aminu
Eric Bledsoe
#1 draft pick (from Minnesota)
Randy Foye?

OR

Pacers/Celtics:
Darren Collison
Avery Bradley
Brandon Rush
Tyler Hansbrough
#1 pick (Pacers)
#1 pick (Boston, from Clippers)

I may be a little biased, but I think the Pacers/Celtics offer is better. Unless the Clippers throw in Gordon, in which case theirs is a no-brainer.

Strummer
12-11-2011, 02:15 AM
You guys keep trying to give up way too much in the IN-BO-NO 3-way. We're facilitating the trade by taking on roughly $10 million of salary. That's $10 million that NO doesn't have to take back. That's a huge contribution on our part. That and Collison is enough for our part of the deal.

No, I'm not saying Rondo is equal to Collison plus $10 million. But that's all we should have to chip in. Because the deal won't happen without us taking Rondo and saving NO $10 million. Cap relief is a significant thing for us to contribute. All the rest of the assets should come from Boston.

Ok we can throw in Rush. But that's it.

Ok they can have Price and Sookie too. But no more! :)

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:19 AM
You guys keep trying to give up way too much in the IN-BO-NO 3-way. We're facilitating the trade by taking on roughly $10 million of salary. That's $10 million that NO doesn't have to take back. That's a huge contribution on our part. That and Collison is enough for our part of the deal.

No, I'm not saying Rondo is equal to Collison plus $10 million. But that's all we should have to chip in. Because the deal won't happen without us taking Rondo and saving NO $10 million. Cap relief is a significant thing for us to contribute. All the rest of the assets should come from Boston.

If Larry can get Rondo straight up for Collison and therefore get Rondo straight up for Troy Murphy, he is the greatest exec of all time.

Aw Heck
12-11-2011, 02:25 AM
<a href="http://www.twitter.com/daldrdgetnt">Aldridge</a>:

Clippers will be powwowing tomorrow to discuss next move. I can't believe they will maintain absolute non-Gordon stance if CP3 is in play.

To state the obvious, if the Clippers relent on Eric Gordon, then Chris Paul is a Clipper. I agree with Aldridge, unfortunately. I can't see them letting Eric Gordon prevent them from getting CP3. But who knows...

Please be stubborn, Clippers... :pray:

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 02:27 AM

I agree with this to some extent, but if we wanted to make this a home run deal that NO could not refuse we would take on Okafor's contract as well. He is serviceable big man who can back up Roy and play some PF.

So give DC, Rush, + 1st and take back Rhondo and Okafor. Since all the teams are under the cap we should be able to just absorb any salary we want to.

MillerTime
12-11-2011, 02:34 AM
If Larry can get Rondo straight up for Collison and therefore get Rondo straight up for Troy Murphy, he is the greatest exec of all time.

I don't think anyone cared for Murphy, it was his expiring contract

Strummer
12-11-2011, 02:34 AM
I agree with this to some extent, but if we wanted to make this a home run deal that NO could not refuse we would take on Okafor's last year as well. He is serviceable big man who can back up Roy and play some PF.

So give DC, Rush, + 1st and take back Rhondo and Okafor. Since all the teams are under the cap we should be able to just absorb any salary we want to.

But you're giving them a 1st plus an additional $40 million of salary relief. Okafor has 3 years and $40 million remaining on his contract. That's a lot.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
I agree with this to some extent, but if we wanted to make this a home run deal that NO could not refuse we would take on Okafor's last year as well. He is serviceable big man who can back up Roy and play some PF.

Okafor has three years left, $40.5 mil left on his deal. Our brief 3 day stint of not being in cap hell would effectively end the second we ink a Rondo + Okafor trade. I'd give up some good pieces to get Rondo, but I wouldn't take on a $40 million bad contract.

Strummer
12-11-2011, 02:38 AM

But it's not really Rondo straight up for Collison. It's Rondo for Collison AND possibly $10 million of cap relief (to NO). That's significant. No one seems to be including the cap relief. That's the main reason we're in the deal.

xBulletproof
12-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Okafor has three years left, $40.5 mil left on his deal. Our brief 3 day stint of not being in cap hell would effectively end the second we ink a Rondo + Okafor trade. I'd give up some good pieces to get Rondo, but I wouldn't take on a $40 million bad contract.

Exactly. After the Murphleavy trade I am pretty shocked how quickly people are willing to just blow money.

Sometimes not making 1 stupid move is as good as making 3 good ones.

Hicks
12-11-2011, 02:46 AM
I don't think Okafor and his deal comes close to being as bad as Murphy and Dunleavy.

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 02:59 AM

I stand corrected about Okafors length of contract.

I still might do it though if I was the Pacers because he is a starting caliber big man. A bit overpaid, but Rondo is not overpaid. If he didn't prevent us to from extending our own core of players I would say its very doable. Okafor can still get you around 10-10. That would go long way in solving our rebounding needs.

Infinite MAN_force
12-11-2011, 03:08 AM
The only way taking back Okafor's contract in the deal would make any sense is if Hibbert is involved in the deal. Otherwise, we would be acquiring the most expensive backup center of all time.

If it came down to giving up Hibbert and taking on Okafor... this may sound blasphemous, but I'd rather give up George. I'm probably the only person who would be willing to give up PG to get Rondo though, I suppose.

People keep bringing up Granger but I just don't think it makes any sense. I don't think New Orleans wants to take on salary, and I don't think the Pacers want to give up their only proven commodity in a deal which is clearly "win now" in nature. Rondo makes us better because we have a Granger.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Their is no need to trade for Okafor... they don't need that cap space yet, b/c they aren't even close to the minimum cap.

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 03:11 AM
I don't think Okafor and his deal comes close to being as bad as Murphy and Dunleavy.

Not to mention we are getting one the elite PGs in the league.

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 03:16 AM
The only way taking back Okafor's contract in the deal would make any sense is if Hibbert is involved in the deal. Otherwise, we would be acquiring the most expensive backup center of all time.

If it came down to giving up Hibbert and taking on Okafor... this may sound blasphemous, but I'd rather give up George. I'm probably the only person who would be willing to give up PG to get Rondo though, I suppose.

People keep bringing up Granger but I just don't think it makes any sense. I don't think New Orleans wants to take on salary, and I don't think the Pacers want to give up their only proven commodity in a deal which is clearly "win now" in nature. Rondo makes us better because we have a Granger.

Just to play Devils Advocate alittle bit more here. Roy Hibbert has never averaged 30+ minutes a game in his career yet. He got up to 27 last year. So yes indeed we are going to need a very competent big man to play back up center, Okafor could play both the 4 and 5 and basically be the first big man off the bench for who ever gets in foul trouble first. Pair him with Jeff Foster and we ave a very good rebounding unit.

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Their is no need to trade for Okafor... they don't need that cap space yet, b/c they aren't even close to the minimum cap.

However they do want to lower salary commitments because they need to find a buyer for that team.

Pacer Fan
12-11-2011, 03:17 AM
Not to mention we are trying to get one the elite PGs in the league.

fixed*;)

graphic-er
12-11-2011, 03:20 AM
fixed*;)

The hypothetical meaning was implied.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 03:44 AM
sam_amick (http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=sam_amick) On possibility of Clippers being back in Chris Paul race, remember their 2012 1st rd, unprotected pick from Minny has been atop NO wish list

So pretty much they are trying to get 2 top 10 picks in the upcoming draft. (Their own, and MIN)

pizza guy
12-11-2011, 04:04 AM
I don't want to see Granger, Hibbert, or Paul George traded away unless it's for a legit super star, franchise changing player. I'm talking about guys on Dwight Howard/Dirk/Lebron level. As good as CP3 and Rondo are, I don't think either one is on the same level as those guys.

With that said, a deal that doesn't include any of DG, PG, RH and nets us Rondo is pretty much a no brainer. I like Hansbrough, but he'd be gone yesterday. I like DC, but it's not even in question.

I think we have to keep Danny because he is the cornerstone of this team right now. PG24 and Hibbert are the ones we're banking on to improve and become All-Stars, and I think we all see that potential.

Here's an interesting point I thought of as a result of the Clippers being involved here. If LAC decides to trade Gordon to New Orleans in a CP3 deal, how much does that affect our ability to land Gordon when he becomes a FA? I think it would only help, as the Hornets are obviously in disarray, and we'll still have the money to go get him. So, if we're not able to get in on a NO/BOS/IN 3-team trade because of the Clippers, maybe it works out to our advantage anyways.

pezasied182
12-11-2011, 04:12 AM
I don't want to see Granger, Hibbert, or Paul George traded away unless it's for a legit super star, franchise changing player. I'm talking about guys on Dwight Howard/Dirk/Lebron level. As good as CP3 and Rondo are, I don't think either one is on the same level as those guys.

With that said, a deal that doesn't include any of DG, PG, RH and nets us Rondo is pretty much a no brainer. I like Hansbrough, but he'd be gone yesterday. I like DC, but it's not even in question.

I think we have to keep Danny because he is the cornerstone of this team right now. PG24 and Hibbert are the ones we're banking on to improve and become All-Stars, and I think we all see that potential.

Here's an interesting point I thought of as a result of the Clippers being involved here. If LAC decides to trade Gordon to New Orleans in a CP3 deal, how much does that affect our ability to land Gordon when he becomes a FA? I think it would only help, as the Hornets are obviously in disarray, and we'll still have the money to go get him. So, if we're not able to get in on a NO/BOS/IN 3-team trade because of the Clippers, maybe it works out to our advantage anyways.

A year from now, I'd trade Granger if I felt like PG can handle the 3 and be consistently productive. Right now its a stretch though. We'd have no one that's a threat from deep.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 04:13 AM

To be fair, pretty much no one's contracts are as bad as Murphy and Dunleavy's were. If our requirement for new acquisitions' contracts is "Better than Mike and Troy's," we'll be back in the red pretty quickly.

vnzla81
12-11-2011, 04:24 AM

:laugh: damn sometimes I don't know if I'm in "Pacers Digest blog" or the "fantasy land digest blog" unbelievable.

Sookie
12-11-2011, 04:28 AM
I agree with this to some extent, but if we wanted to make this a home run deal that NO could not refuse we would take on Okafor's contract as well. He is serviceable big man who can back up Roy and play some PF.

If we manage to get Okafor and Rondo and only give up DC, Rush and a first, Larry Bird would be like..King of the GMs. (and sorry guys, if Okafor were to be a Pacer, even if you traded Price, you wouldn't get to trade me too. :laugh:)

Peck
12-11-2011, 05:12 AM
You know here is a question that I have wanted to ask.

This Chris Paul wanting to be traded is not really new, however Chris Paul wanting to only go to a glamour city or team up with other super friends is somewhat new. At least it's new to me.

Before whenever I heard Chris Paul talk I only heard him talk about wanting to win. Now he only wants to win on a coastal city?

My point is this. For whatever reason I have it in my head that Chris Paul is not a total douche bag. Maybe I'm totally off there and he is.

That being the point instead of trying some fancy B.S. three or four team spectacular trade why don't we just roll the dice and try and get Chris Paul?

Obviously we would not be in the front running if the Clippers would part with Gordan but other than that who can offer them a better straight up trade?

We could give them Darren Collison, and a choice between Tyler, Roy or Paul, our first round pick, Brandon & if they want Posey for salary reasons he's all their if not no big deal.

That would get them a starting young p.g., and either a S.G., P.F. or Center as well as a young bench player (Brandon) along with a pick.

I would be willing to roll the dice that Chris won't be able to sign a big contract with big market team and with him and Danny and George Hill & the two of either Roy, Tyler or Paul left over would be not only a competitive team but a very competitive team and we would still have some money to get more help.

I'm sure I'm off my rocker here but I would rather see us go this route as opposed to going after Rondo.

TheDon
12-11-2011, 05:18 AM

This Chris Paul wanting to be traded is not really new, however Chris Paul wanting to only go to a glamour city or team up with other super friends is somewhat new. At least it's new to me.

Before whenever I heard Chris Paul talk I only heard him talk about wanting to win. Now he only wants to win on a coastal city?

My point is this. For whatever reason I have it in my head that Chris Paul is not a total douche bag. Maybe I'm totally off there and he is.

That being the point instead of trying some fancy B.S. three or four team spectacular trade why don't we just roll the dice and try and get Chris Paul?

Obviously we would not be in the front running if the Clippers would part with Gordan but other than that who can offer them a better straight up trade?

We could give them Darren Collison, and a choice between Tyler, Roy or Paul, our first round pick, Brandon & if they want Posey for salary reasons he's all their if not no big deal.

That would get them a starting young p.g., and either a S.G., P.F. or Center as well as a young bench player (Brandon) along with a pick.

I would be willing to roll the dice that Chris won't be able to sign a big contract with big market team and with him and Danny and George Hill & the two of either Roy, Tyler or Paul left over would be not only a competitive team but a very competitive team and we would still have some money to get more help.

I'm sure I'm off my rocker here but I would rather see us go this route as opposed to going after Rondo.

I think the problem you run into with this is, is convincing him to sign an extension. If he already has his mind made up of the places he would sign extensions then there is no sense in gutting our team for a short season rental.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 05:18 AM
If we trade for CP3, he will leave as soon as possible and we will have derailed our rebuilding process.

Don't underestimate how much a summer of carrying Lebron and 'Melo's gym bags all over Beijing can affect one's ego.

tadscout
12-11-2011, 05:25 AM
RicBucher (http://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=RicBucher) For those asking: Minn's unprotected 1st > by lots than NYK protected 1st. Kaman/Aminu/Bledsoe + Minn 1st > than rejected LAL/Hou offer.

I agree, them having 2 top 10 picks in next years draft (MIN & their own), would help them rebuild.

Peck
12-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Wanting to sign as a free agent with a big market is fine, as long as they have the money to do it.

Like I said I'm working on the assumption that he is not a crappy human being who only wants to be part of a big three on a coastal city, I freely admit I could be wrong.

I think if he would go to a place where he could be a winner or at the very least a contender I think he would have no problem signing as long as he got the money and a shot at winning & we could offer him both.

But I get everybody's point about not wanting to risk it. However in my mind other than the choice of three I gave them (Tyler, Paul or Roy) I don't think it's much of a risk. I like Collison but worse comes to worse and Hill can start point and if we believe Bird Lance can play a large role there as well. Brandon I'm sure we could find someone to take his min. and contribute what he does in most games (this often could be done by placing a lamb at the corner three point line) and Posey who cares. The draft pick would suck but I might give that up for a one year rental seeing as how my guess is even if we don't make this trade that pick would once again be in the mid teens.

I think it would be worth talking to Chris about anyway.

CooperManning
12-11-2011, 05:37 AM
That pick is probably the best possible asset New Orleans could get for CP3...if LAC is even willing to trade it. They can say whatever they want about keeping EJ, but financially it makes much more sense to trade him and keep the pick. We're talking about Donald Sterling here. They can trade the pick and max out Gordon next summer or trade Gordon and have a top 5ish pick in a great draft under a rookie deal for the next four years.

CP3 can act like he wouldn't re-sign with the Clippers if they traded Gordon, but he would.

D0NT SH0OT ME
12-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Call me a dreamer but I don't think it's impossible to get CP3 and Dwight to stay here. If we could make them realize how great of a team they could form if they came to Indiana I think they would jump on the chance. The ideal situation would obviously be to sign both of them in free agency next offseason when we have the cap space, but with all the trade talk going around that is looking more and more unlikely.

If we felt trading for one of them was a viable option, we could trade Hibbert, D.C, Rush, Posey and as many draft picks as it takes to get Dwight or CP3 right now. I wouldn't initially include him, but if necessary we could include Tyler. Hibbert has a $8 million cap hold that would prevent us from having enough to offer a max contract next offseason, D.C would be expendable with CP3 coming in, and Posey along with Rush are expirings that have no chance of resigning with the Pacers. If we were then able to sign whichever one we didn't trade for, we would have essentially traded Troy Murphy and a couple of draft picks for CP3 or Dwight.

Obviously all of this would be a tremendous risk, and I know some of you are preparing to burn me at the stake as you read this, but I think we have a decent shot at landing both of them if we play all of our cards right. If we were to somehow (*cough*Twitter*cough*) open Chris and Dwight's eyes to the possibilities I think they would be much more receptive to coming to Indiana.

Kstat
12-11-2011, 07:18 AM
Hey, nothing wrong with dreaming an impossible dream....just so long as you can admit it's impossible.

12-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Doesn't it worry anyone that the Celtics are so eager to part ways with Rondo?

Kstat
12-11-2011, 07:56 AM
they were more than eager to part ways with perkins...

Shade
12-11-2011, 08:16 AM
If we were to trade for Rondo and then sign Nene:

Hibbert
Nene
Granger
George
Rondo

Would be a pretty nasty defensive unit. If we really want to build a contender in the Pistons mold, this would go a long way toward accomplishing that goal.

Kstat
12-11-2011, 08:18 AM
Nene isn't defending anyone at the 4, but I've been saying that for weeks now.

McKeyFan
12-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks, David.

You've been banned by Hicks. Vote of 1 to 0.

McKeyFan
12-11-2011, 09:32 AM
A couple of questions:

- If the CP3 trade falls apart, won't the Celtics be in a position to want to trade Rondo anyway, seeing that they have somewhat burned a bridge with him? Is there another point guard out there we can do a three-way trade with to acquire Rondo?

- If a high draft pick next year is NO's big thing, can we or the Celtics do a separate trade with another team to acquire a high pick and use that to cement a Celtics-NO-Pacers deal to get Rondo?

cordobes
12-11-2011, 09:36 AM

Fully agreed.

If that package Hicks mentions is enough to get Paul lose, the Pacers shouldn't even think twice, they should go after him immediately. Then use Granger, George, Hibbert and the cap to eat bad contracts and try to get Howard.

But the league would veto that deal too and IMO rightly so. It makes no sense to trade Paul for anything less than young All-Stars or high-level young prospects.

cordobes
12-11-2011, 09:37 AM
A couple of questions:

- If the CP3 trade falls apart, won't the Celtics be in a position to want to trade Rondo anyway, seeing that they have somewhat burned a bridge with him? Is there another point guard out there we can do a three-way trade with to acquire Rondo?

No. Rondo will be fine. I don't think that point-guard exists.

mildlysane
12-11-2011, 10:05 AM
No. Rondo will be fine. I don't think that point-guard exists.
D Williams, but good luck prying him away from the Nets.

cordobes
12-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Yeah, I meant out of PGs who can be available.

Sollozzo
12-11-2011, 10:40 AM

No, not considering that it's Chris Paul who they are targeting.

Pierce has been carrying the scoring load at an old age for years and Boston wants to get someone who can help him out. Allen and KG are old and who knows how much longer they will be there. Rondo is a great PG, but scoring clearly isn't a strength of his. CP3 OTOH is one of the best scoring PG's in NBA history and would instantly carry a big chunk of the load, which would take some of the pressure off of Pierce over the next couple of years.

Shade
12-11-2011, 10:50 AM

They're not. They're just trying to bring in an upgrade in CP3.

If the Celtics can't get Paul, they won't trade Rondo.

imbtyler
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
If we're dealing with Boston, why not try to get JaJuan Johnson? We need a PF, and there's a bunch of Purdue fans here, so why not take a chance?

pacers74
12-11-2011, 11:57 AM
If we're dealing with Boston, why not try to get JaJuan Johnson? We need a PF, and there's a bunch of Purdue fans here, so why not take a chance?

I would be all for getting JJ. He has a great 20-25 ft jumper. He will be hard for other PF's to guard, but he will give up a lot of size on the defensive side weight size, that is.

ksuttonjr76
12-11-2011, 12:11 PM
OK. So are these the options for trade hauls that the Hornets will consider?

Clippers:
Al-Farouq Aminu
Eric Bledsoe
#1 draft pick (from Minnesota)
Randy Foye?

OR

Pacers/Celtics:
Darren Collison
Avery Bradley
Brandon Rush
Tyler Hansbrough
#1 pick (Pacers)
#1 pick (Boston, from Clippers)

I may be a little biased, but I think the Pacers/Celtics offer is better. Unless the Clippers throw in Gordon, in which case theirs is a no-brainer.

I've BEEN saying this since Round # 1 that I thought the Boston/Indiana/NO trade was the BEST for NO if they're thinking about rebuilding and starting over with youth, and making the team attractive to a future buyer. Don't forget that NO would have their lottery pick unless the team performs better than expected. PLUS, I thought this trade would be the trade that would make it a "lock" that we could sign Nene and Crawford. Hence the reason why I'm not all that worried about losing Hansbroudh.

ksuttonjr76
12-11-2011, 12:28 PM
As a side note...I wouldn't mind adding Okafor to the team, and could be "cheaper" than Nene's asking price. With Okafor, you get a slightly better shot-blocker and rebounder. I wouldn't be that concern about his 10 PPG, since we would acquire Rondo who could potentially have an impact on the ENTIRE team's offense. Also with Okafor...we have one less year to worry about.

However, Paul George, Danny Granger, and Roy Hibbert are off limits in these trades. Paul George and Roy Hibbert, because of their future potential. Danny Granger because we NEED some type of consistent scorer for Rondo.

JB24
12-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't think Okafor moves well enough to guard most four's effectively. And it isn't like he has a stellar offensive arsenal to hurt teams at the other end.

ksuttonjr76
12-11-2011, 02:01 PM
I don't think Okafor moves well enough to guard most four's effectively. And it isn't like he has a stellar offensive arsenal to hurt teams at the other end.

Hence the reason that I'm not concern about his offense, since he will be surrounded by Granger, George, and Hibbert. He won't be required to score. The only thing I need from him is to defend the paint IF players get pass Rondo, George, and Granger and rebound.

Sookie
12-11-2011, 02:49 PM

I actually do. I think Okafor is much more suited to guard PF's (most of them, I mean you have ones like Odom that are like guards..but that's a little different) than Centers, it's just offensively he struggles at the PF spot, because he has a Center type of game. So playing with a more finesse Center like Roy would be a very good thing, for both Roy and Okafor.

Ratking
12-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Okafor cant play PF? Seriously?! He's the next-gen Dirk.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVjvBDSzklw

Pacersalltheway10
12-11-2011, 03:24 PM
If Eric gordon is traded to NO for CP3, our chances of getting EJ next year skyrocketed while CP3 stays out west. IF CP3 is traded to Boston, we will liekly get Rondo. If Howard is traded to the Nets, our chances of getting Nene skyrocketed. If the Lakers trade for Howard, Howard is out of the East. In my mind, we can't lose!

Pacersalltheway10
12-11-2011, 03:47 PM
What if the the TWolves have some added motivation this year knowing they can't tank. and a young team with fresh legs on a brutal schedule.

edc
12-22-2011, 01:05 AM
With the broken relationship of celtics and rondo . Im still hoping we get him without giving up paul george and hansbrough.

And it will add to our rivalry against the bulls. Rondo vs rose.

jeffg-body
12-22-2011, 01:32 AM
Would anyone be pissed if we did a Granger for Rondo trade straight up?

Psyren
12-22-2011, 01:34 AM

Yes

RLeWorm
12-22-2011, 02:21 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing Granger for EJ and move PG to the 3. My dream scenario would be to convince Howard to stay and ship Hibbert and DG for him.

RLeWorm
12-22-2011, 02:21 AM
With the broken relationship of celtics and rondo . Im still hoping we get him without giving up paul george and hansbrough.

And it will add to our rivalry against the bulls. Rondo vs rose.

i'm pretty sure Hansbrough and PG is almost untouchable.

cdash
12-22-2011, 02:24 AM

Not at all. Can't imagine why Boston would go for that though.

cdash
12-22-2011, 02:26 AM
i'm pretty sure Hansbrough and PG is almost untouchable.

I don't think anyone is untouchable on this team. I think Paul George is as close as it gets, but I think we would move him to acquire a real star. As for Tyler...well, I don't think they want to deal him, but I don't think he would hold up any major deals either.

D-BONE
12-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Well, their value may have dropped / may be dropping, but I'm not that far off from wanting Roy and Danny moved out.

Of course, if it improves the team/brings a difference maker, I think they're already in play. Pending how they play the first half of this season, I may move firmly into the ship 'em out camp. As far as DG, I find it much less complicated with PG waiting in the wings.

12-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I like Danny a lot, but he has reached his ceiling. His horrific ball handling separates him from the next level, and he has not and will not improve. Because of this, I am willing to trade Danny for the right player. I'd trade Danny Granger and George Hill for Rondo. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm making the assumption that the Celtics want to trade Rondo.

Why George Hill? [1] Boston values experience, and [2] his contract is expiring.

Anthem
12-22-2011, 10:18 AM
I like Danny a lot, but he has reached his ceiling. His horrific ball handling separates him from the next level, and he has not and will not improve.
Is this horrible ball handling demonstrated in his abnormally high turnovers, or in his lack of FTAs?

12-22-2011, 10:22 AM
His inability to move with the ball without [1] being rundown or [2] dribbling off his knee.

LG33
12-22-2011, 10:33 AM
I believe dribbling off one's knees is a streetball move. You just don't understand the younger generation of players.

owl
12-22-2011, 10:34 AM
I like Danny a lot, but he has reached his ceiling. His horrific ball handling separates him from the next level, and he has not and will not improve. Because of this, I am willing to trade Danny for the right player. I'd trade Danny Granger and George Hill for Rondo. That doesn't sound like much, but I'm making the assumption that the Celtics want to trade Rondo.

Why George Hill? [1] Boston values experience, and [2] his contract is expiring.

I think they would want Collison. If Boston does poorly at the trade deadline you could see
Rondo being available again.

Sparhawk
12-22-2011, 12:24 PM
We are a smashmouth team, so I would think a guy like Rondo would fit in nicely.

I would only want to get Rondo if there was another team involved. I just don't want to gut the team for a guy like Rondo. He only helps with most of the pieces we have.

We are in a great position to use our cap space to land a quality player by the deadline. Just hope Larry and team can pull off another Murphy for Collison type deal. Only flipping Collison for a guy like Rondo.

trey
12-22-2011, 12:48 PM
Sorry but I think Rondo is a product of the players he plays around. Put Rondo on the Pacers, especially if you trade away great players like Granger and Hill, and he'd be half the player he is on the Celtics.

12-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Sorry but I think Rondo is a product of the players he plays around. Put Rondo on the Pacers, especially if you trade away great players like Granger and Hill, and he'd be half the player he is on the Celtics.

I've wondered about that, and I have the same concerns about George Hill.

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I would have to disagree with you there. His defense alone is top 5 in the league and he is probably the toughest guys pound for pound.

People act like he can't create shots for others when in fact thats all he does for the most part. Don't get me wrong I don't think his assists number would be around 11 per game but I still think he would get around 8 assist and around 12-15 points per game on the Pacers given that 43% of his shot attempts come from inside and he makes a good portion of those.

Justin Tyme
12-22-2011, 01:49 PM
I have the same concerns about George Hill.

That makes 2 of us plus his not being happy being traded from SA.

Dr. Awesome
12-22-2011, 02:04 PM
I like Rondo, but he would come at a fairly high price.

An alternative(and I've been saying this for years) is Raymond Felton. He is one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA, can run an offense, and is very clutch.

Throw a package at Portland around Collison and add Felton to our team and we instantly become a lot better. He is also an excellent leader.

I also wouldn't mind add JO back on the roster. We still need some depth at C and JO can still play pretty good defense. Probably would come really cheap as well.

graphic-er
12-22-2011, 02:19 PM
I would have to disagree with you there. His defense alone is top 5 in the league and he is probably the toughest guys pound for pound.

People act like he can't create shots for others when in fact thats all he does for the most part.

What in the world? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that he doesn't create shots for others.

Eleazar
12-22-2011, 02:53 PM
We are talking about Rondo here. You do not trade a player like Granger for a player like Rondo. You trade for a player like Rondo to play next to a player like Granger. Rondo is the kind of PG you want on a team, but he isn't a star PG like Paul or Rose he is a complementary PG. That meansyou get him to play with your star players to make your star players better not trade your star players for him.

PGisthefuture
12-22-2011, 02:55 PM

An alternative(and I've been saying this for years) is Raymond Felton. He is one of the best defensive PGs in the NBA, can run an offense, and is very clutch.

Throw a package at Portland around Collison and add Felton to our team and we instantly become a lot better. He is also an excellent leader.

I also wouldn't mind add JO back on the roster. We still need some depth at C and JO can still play pretty good defense. Probably would come really cheap as well.

Not so sure about the Felton thing, but I've thought about JO coming back plenty of times. Sure he left on a sour note, but I never dis-liked him. He did wonders for this team when he was here and he even said he wanted to retire as a Pacer. I would love to see him backing up Roy. I think we could possible pry him away from Boston for something like Dahntay Jones and a second round pick. The Blazers just got Felton so I don't think he will be traded anytime soon.

Gamble1
12-22-2011, 03:06 PM
What in the world? I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that he doesn't create shots for others.
What makes Rondo a product of the players he is playing around.... I took that comment as he couldn't create ie generate a lot scoring opportunities for others if he didn't have a KG, Allen or Pierce.

I think Rondo would still get a high number of assist per game and still play really tough defense if he was a Pacer. He also would still be able to finish around the rim like he does now.

We are talking about Rondo here. You do not trade a player like Granger for a player like Rondo. You trade for a player like Rondo to play next to a player like Granger. Rondo is the kind of PG you want on a team, but he isn't a star PG like Paul or Rose he is a complementary PG. That meansyou get him to play with your star players to make your star players better not trade your star players for him.

I don't think Granger is a star player. I think Rondo is more of a impact player than Granger is overall and thats why you trade Granger for him. If anything PG is the only guy you don't trade for Rondo because he could be a star player.

kielbeze
12-22-2011, 03:20 PM

If by depth you mean a warm body........

PGisthefuture
12-22-2011, 03:27 PM
If by depth you mean a warm body........

Jermaine is still capable of being a pretty good backup center. I mean he starts for the Celtics...

Lance George
12-23-2011, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure the reliability of the source, but it keeps us talking...

Report: Celtics still looking to move Rajon Rondo - RedsArmy.com - The Voice Of Boston Celtics Fans (http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/12/report-celtics-still-looking-to-move-rajon-rondo.html)

CSNNE's Donny Marshall says the Celtics have not closed the door on trading Rajon Rondo this season.

Here's what was said on Celtics Pregame Live:

Donny Marshall: I don't think it's off the radar yet to say Rondo is going to be with this team for the entire season. I spoke with an agent earlier in the week who said this thing is still hot. To have people pay attention to Rondo's temperment, to see how he goes and plays, to see if he leaves it all out there..
They're still talking about this, about maybe moving Rondo somewhere out west... in a warm spot.

Gary Tanguay: Have we anticipated the location?

Donny Marshall: I think a lot of people would be surprised.

Is it surprising that the Celtics are still entertaining offers or proposing trades involving Rajon Rondo? No, because Danny Ainge says he's always looking to improve the team.

Marshall was very cryptic when referencing the potential trade partner. I think that's bush league reporting. If you aren't confident enough in your source to mention the team, then leave out the references to the West coast.

Hicks
12-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Makes me think Rondo for Nash.

pacer4ever
12-23-2011, 01:25 AM
Makes me think Rondo for Nash.

:eek:

That would be terrible for Boston

granger4mvp
12-23-2011, 01:27 AM
We will never get rondo

Hicks
12-23-2011, 01:28 AM

Bad for their future, but if it got them another ring, I think they would take it and just tank again when this run ends.

pacer4ever
12-23-2011, 01:31 AM
Bad for their future, but if it got them another ring, I think they would take it and just tank again when this run ends.

I think Rondo is the better player at this point in time JMO. Nash doesn't play a lick of defense he still can play offense but I really don't think they are a better team now. And if they are would Nash really put them over the top to win a ring?? IMO no.

pezasied182
12-23-2011, 01:32 AM
I'm not sure the reliability of the source, but it keeps us talking...

Report: Celtics still looking to move Rajon Rondo - RedsArmy.com - The Voice Of Boston Celtics Fans (http://www.redsarmy.com/home/2011/12/report-celtics-still-looking-to-move-rajon-rondo.html)

In a warm spot that's unexpected? Phoenix? Really? Wow

Psyren
12-23-2011, 01:35 AM

I agree.

I think Rondo is every bit as good as Nash at this point in both of their careers.

croz24
12-23-2011, 01:35 AM
Rondo for Nash is one of the worst deals Boston could make both for the now and for the future...

pezasied182
12-23-2011, 01:43 AM
Rondo for Nash is one of the worst deals Boston could make both for the now and for the future...

Whenever you can deal your stud 25 year old pg for a declining 37 year old point, you just gotta do it.

Also, perhaps the Suns finally see the errors of their ways when they sold Rondo so they could later sell Rudy Fernandez.

vnzla81
12-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Bynum and Fishers for Rondo and JO? That could make some sense.

Lance George
12-23-2011, 01:59 AM
I don't think people realize that Steve Nash is as good right now as he was during his back-to-back MVP seasons. I think you could make a case that he's still the best PG in the league, even with his sub-par defense.

There's no question in my mind that trading Rondo for Nash increases the Celtics' chances at a title this season, and probably the next, too. It just depends on how desperate Danny Ainge is to win now. The age gap is massive: 12 years.

PacerPride33
12-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Bird has mentioned how he regrets not drafting rondo. What do you guys think it would take to get him??

Collison/Hans/1st ??

PGisthefuture
12-23-2011, 02:15 AM
Bird has mentioned how he regrets not drafting rondo. What do you guys think it would take to get him??

Collison/Hans/1st ??

I don't even see the need to go after Rondo unless Collison struggles throughout the season. I think Tyler will have a lot more value by the time the trade deadline comes around as well.

owl
12-23-2011, 12:02 PM
Tyler is one of those players that creates a pressure point for other teams. I think he may be the best player on the team. Thus I would be very wary of trading him away. This season will tell us a lot about all of the players currently on the roster.

12-23-2011, 12:20 PM
It would be a mistake to trade Hansbrough. After all, he hasn't reached his ceiling. I believe Hansbrough has a very, very, high ceiling.

12-23-2011, 12:21 PM
That's right. I said "very, very."

edc
12-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Im still hoping....

Infinite MAN_force
12-25-2011, 03:25 PM
It would be a mistake to trade Hansbrough. After all, he hasn't reached his ceiling. I believe Hansbrough has a very, very, high ceiling.

I would say Hansbrough's ceiling is surprisingly... David West. Ironic eh? Especially since many of Tyler's big fans question if David West is actually any good.

Tyler still has a ways to go before he is as good as West, at that.

If we are talking about Rondo? You trade Hansbrough all day. I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to including Paul George in a Rondo deal, kill me if you must... Rondo would be a huge "get" for this team.

CableKC
12-25-2011, 03:34 PM
I think that Ainge is willing to gamble and risk it all to get Nash...even if it means losing some value in trading Nash for Rondo. I'm not as concerned about his defense....cuz Nash's positives in properly running a Team will make up for his lack of defense. If it's a straight up Nash for Rondo....I'd do it.

pizza guy
12-25-2011, 04:24 PM
I would have to think that after watching the Knicks/Celtics game today, Boston would be crazy to trade Rondo. He looked like the best player on that team, easily.

I love Hansbrough, and I think PG24 will be a very good player, and I think DC has a high ceiling. But if one of them has to be put in a deal for Rondo, I'd do it. I'd trade Granger for him. I don't want to go crazy and throw half the team away, but Rondo would lead this team deep in the playoffs, IMO.

croz24
12-25-2011, 09:07 PM
I would have to think that after watching the Knicks/Celtics game today, Boston would be crazy to trade Rondo. He looked like the best player on that team, easily.

I love Hansbrough, and I think PG24 will be a very good player, and I think DC has a high ceiling. But if one of them has to be put in a deal for Rondo, I'd do it. I'd trade Granger for him. I don't want to go crazy and throw half the team away, but Rondo would lead this team deep in the playoffs, IMO.

Rondo has looked like Boston's best player for about 3 years now. People who speak negatively about Rondo's game clearly aren't paying attention to what is going on inside the game. His only drawback as a player is his outside and free throw shooting, and fortunately he rarely takes an outside shot and compensates by being one of the best finishers around the basket in the league.

cordobes
12-26-2011, 04:28 PM
There's no way Ainge trades Rondo for Nash. That wouldn't help the team now or in the future. A trade for Nash+Gortat+Dudley would make more sense and could actually help the team this year, but it's still too costly.

I'm extremely skeptical of any rumor that has Donny Marshal as its source and is not corroborated by the usually reliable sources. He's just a commentator; looking for attention.

mildlysane
12-26-2011, 04:52 PM
It is pretty warm in San Antonio as well. Maybe the deal is for Tony Parker.

A.B.Hollywood
12-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Did anyone even watch the Boston game yesterday? Rondo is CLEARLY the best player on that team, and I don't think it's even close.

Those who tried to make the argument that he was and is a product of the players around him are not watching the same NBA games I am.

MillerTime
12-26-2011, 05:42 PM
Rondo is the man

PacerGuy
12-26-2011, 05:48 PM
It is pretty warm in San Antonio as well. Maybe the deal is for Tony Parker.

My guess in G.S.
M.Jackson is a former PG & M.Jackson wants to bring a defensive mindset.
The GS owners was to make a splash & GS has assets.

That said, I want him here, but don't see BOS trading him here.

pacer4ever
12-26-2011, 05:55 PM
My guess in G.S.

Curry+ another good asset for Rondo makes sense. I doubt Boston would want Monta but who knows.

Lance George
12-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Did anyone even watch the Boston game yesterday? Rondo is CLEARLY the best player on that team, and I don't think it's even close.

Those who tried to make the argument that he was and is a product of the players around him are not watching the same NBA games I am.

Boston's three future Hall of Famers have declined to the point where, yeah, Rondo probably is their best player. The question is, can Boston remain an elite team with Rondo as their clear-cut best player? I'm very skeptical.

mildlysane
12-26-2011, 06:03 PM
My guess in G.S.

Good call...that was my second scenario.

Wilk39
01-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Part 4?...

Ainge reportedly would blow the team up if he had to. Would you take in Rondo if it meant we have to take in Garnett/Pierce?

BrownBearCoffee
01-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Part 4?...

Ainge reportedly would blow the team up if he had to. Would you take in Rondo if it meant we have to take in Garnett/Pierce?

Garnett looks pretty broken down, and the jury is still out on Pierce. I would happily take Ray Allen in along with Rondo; I'd do that 10 times out of 10, depending on what we would have to give, of course.

CableKC
01-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Garnett is the Big Douche...pass.

vnzla81
01-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Rondo+Pierce for Danny+DC+Tyler+DJ+Pick? :signit:

Rondo,PG,Pierce,West,Roy?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

vnzla81
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Garnett is the Big Douche...pass.

He is a 20mil dollars expiring, the Celtics are not going to trade him.

BrownBearCoffee
01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Rondo+Pierce for Danny+DC+Tyler+DJ+Pick? :signit:

Rondo,PG,Pierce,West,Roy?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Not bad, but I seriously think you'd have to replace Danny with PG for them to take it. Would that work financially? Because if that's the case, I'd rather do DJ, PG, DC + pick for Rondo and Ray Ray. Pierce is going downhill. Ray's stroke could keep him playing 3-4 more years.

CableKC
01-19-2012, 05:23 PM
He is a 20mil dollars expiring, the Celtics are not going to trade him.
Also, he's a d*ck.

But realistically, everyone's a d*ck...unless they are in a Pacer uni.

BTW...did I mention that he's a big douche? ;)

vnzla81
01-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Not bad, but I seriously think you'd have to replace Danny with PG for them to take it. Would that work financially? Because if that's the case, I'd rather do DJ, PG, DC + pick for Rondo and Ray Ray. Pierce is going downhill. Ray's stroke could keep him playing 3-4 more years.

Must of the guys I put on the deal are in their rookie deals, Danny would have to be included to make some of the salaries match, regarding Ray Allen, I don't think they are trading him either because he is also expiring.

HickeyS2000
01-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Must of the guys I put on the deal are in their rookie deals, Danny would have to be included to make some of the salaries match, regarding Ray Allen, I don't think they are trading him either because he is also expiring.

Isn't that the point? They want to trade them because they are expiring. Otherwise they get nothing in return.

Regardless, I'd probably trade Granger + Collison for Rondo.

vnzla81
01-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Isn't that the point? They want to trade them because they are expiring. Otherwise they get nothing in return.

According to the SI.com article the Celtics are looking to trade one of the big three so they can get pieces in return to keep competing for a Champioship, I think is possible that they re-sign Allen and Garnett for an small deal and try to get somebody else in free agency next year, to me trading Paul Pierce for them makes the most sense because his contract is longer.

Here is the quote:

Boston Celtics vice president Danny Ainge said Wednesday that he would consider trading aging stars Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen if he could bring back young players who could keep the team in title contention.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-01-19/celtics-trades-kevin-garnett-trade-paul-pierce-trade-ray-allen-trade?eadid=EL/SICOM&xid=si_topstories#ixzz1jwmjZxM1

Wilk39
01-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Collison + DG for Rondo would be a no-brainer, IMO. If you read the article, Ainge basically says he will do anything so the Cletics don't fall into a nine year slump like they did post-Bird era.

I'd have to think Rondo is his biggest bargaining chip and he would probably want a little more than Rondo Lite and Pierce Lite.

Marlin
01-19-2012, 09:37 PM
I'd forget about Rondo honestly. He's gonna be way too costly for us.

If we really want another PG, I suggest we target Kyle Lowry. Would cost a lot less than Rondo due to less national exposure, but he's been playing lights out the last year or so. He's grown into a good shooter, very good passer, still a very reliable defender.

That, and he's killing it in fantasy ball. That must be worth something, uh?

pezasied182
01-19-2012, 11:01 PM

There's a difference between someone like Garnett becoming a free agent than someone like LeBron. Garnett would not bring in much if he was traded right now, and to the Celtics the 20mil free cap space is more important to them. With someone like LeBron in the prime of his career, you can bring in a lot more than just the luxury of having cap space.

HickeyS2000
01-20-2012, 11:14 AM
There's a difference between someone like Garnett becoming a free agent than someone like LeBron. Garnett would not bring in much if he was traded right now, and to the Celtics the 20mil free cap space is more important to them. With someone like LeBron in the prime of his career, you can bring in a lot more than just the luxury of having cap space.

I disagree. Garnett and his 20 million coming off the books is plenty attractive to the right suitor. Large expiring contracts are always worth something, especially when the player is above-average and can be a draw for fans.