PDA

View Full Version : This Tyson Chandler trade is horrible

Foul on Smits
12-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Why is that one not vetoed???? Tyson Chandler is only worth Ronny Turiaf, a second rounder and a bunch of three 12th men???

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Foul on Smits
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
And correct me if I'm wrong, but because they were gifted Chandler in a trade, they save enough money to get Crawford??? Yah. No hope.

King Tuts Tomb
12-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Why is that one not vetoed???? Tyson Chandler is only worth Ronny Turiaf, a second rounder and a bunch of three 12th men???

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

"The sign-and-trade gives Dallas a sizeable trade exception."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7338415/new-york-knicks-land-tyson-chandler-part-trade-dallas-mavericks-washington-wizards

Mavs get something for nothing. Cuban continues to play the system while the Gilberts of the world complain about it.

Pacer Fan
12-10-2011, 11:29 PM
Well, it's about getting something rather then nothing. Dallas just went for the ride. They didn't have to do anything, but they did.

CableKC
12-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I don't think the trade isn't like the way that you portray it....but I don't know the specifics of the S&T of Chandler....can someone elabortate?

Foul on Smits
12-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Maybe not, but I'm emotional ....

pacer4ever
12-10-2011, 11:32 PM
"The sign-and-trade gives Dallas a sizeable trade exception."

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/7338415/new-york-knicks-land-tyson-chandler-part-trade-dallas-mavericks-washington-wizards

Mavs get something for nothing. Cuban continues to play the system while the Gilberts of the world complain about it.

and they are gonna use it to try to get Howard They can now take on Hedo for the Magic

I am still pissed we didn't take Turiaf and the draft picks that is the type of deal we should of jumped on IMO.

Pacer Fan
12-10-2011, 11:34 PM
The Owners was trying to drop the S&T, but the players wanted it. Without the S&T, all these FA's would have to go to teams under the cap or resign with current team or take less money to over capped teams.

Pacerized
12-10-2011, 11:51 PM
The Owners was trying to drop the S&T, but the players wanted it. Without the S&T, all these FA's would have to go to teams under the cap or resign with current team or take less money to over capped teams.

I fully agree with you, but in Chandlers case he didn't get anything extra by going for the sign and trade. The Mavs weren't going to use their Bird rights on him to give them the extra year or extra money so he signed a 4 year deal with lower annual raises.
Chandler did go to a team under the cap which is what NY was once they Amnestied Billips. It wasn't Chandler or the Knicks forcing this, it was the Mavs who knew they no longer wanted or could afford Chandler. They used the system soley for the TPE.

pacer4ever
12-11-2011, 12:09 AM
this trade just netted them Lamar Odom nice move by Dallas's GM IMO.

Larry Staverman
12-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Chandler still does not make the Knicks championship contenders. They have no back court. This is one of those signings that sounds good at the time but won't look so good down the road.

Sollozzo
12-11-2011, 10:01 AM
I think the Knicks will miss Billups quite a bit. If he hadn't gone down in that Celtics series then Boston probably wouldn't have swept them. The Celts would have still won the series, but I don't think they would have swept them with Billups out there.

Billups averaged 17.5 points in 21 games for NY last year.

idioteque
12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Tyson Chandler is probably the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Glad the Knicks have to deal with that contract. They will be DESPERATE to trade him in a couple years when Melo and Amare are complaining that they don't have enough help. This is like Cleveland giving big money to Larry Hughes.

FrenchConnection
12-11-2011, 10:27 AM
Tyson Chandler is probably the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Glad the Knicks have to deal with that contract. They will be DESPERATE to trade him in a couple years when Melo and Amare are complaining that they don't have enough help. This is like Cleveland giving big money to Larry Hughes.

It's more like when they gave that huge contract to JJ, but yeah.

pacers74
12-11-2011, 10:50 AM
We got something out of nothing when Peja was a free agent. We got a trade exemption, but then we blew it on bringing back Al Harington.

Scot Pollard
12-11-2011, 10:55 AM
They got a good deal out of it, Lamar Odom, now they'll be able to bring in a center like Dalembert or Kaman.

They still look to be a top team in the West and Lamar Odom strengthens their bench and will allow Dirk to get some rest.

Sollozzo
12-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I think Chandler is overrated too. Don't get me wrong, he was HUGE for Dallas last year. But I still don't think he is worth that kind of money.

Justin Tyme
12-11-2011, 11:46 AM
this trade just netted them Lamar Odom nice move by Dallas's GM IMO.

Cuban used the TE and came out with a really good player. I'm not certain, but doesn't he have some TE left from Chandler to use in another deal too? These are the types of moves I expected the Pacers to be doing when they hired Pritchard. I'm trying to remain patient with Bird, but it's not easy when I see things like this. Plus remembering what the Pacers did with their 7.5 mil TE from Peja. Harrington then an albatross contract of either Dun or Murphy. You sure AIN't mak'n it ez Mr. Bird!