PDA

View Full Version : Rip Hamilton

Steagles
12-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I thought I saw a thread on this, but couldn't find one. Now that he's been bought out, would you mind the Pacers signing him? (Because if we don't the Bulls might get him first.)

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

pizza guy
12-10-2011, 10:28 AM
I always liked his game, but don't know how much he has left in the tank. I know he fell out of favor in Detroit, so maybe a new scene and a team that has great energy could help him out some. He never did have much of a deep game, though, right?

LoneGranger33
12-10-2011, 10:38 AM
I liked Rip the most out of that Detroit team. More than anything else, he was an off-screen type of shooter, a la Reggie Miller. We really don't employ that kind of offense anymore though.

yoadknux
12-10-2011, 10:51 AM
he got bought out, he gets a decent paycheck already, he's gonna go to a contender... my guess, Chicago..

Hicks
12-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Really like his game (it's Reggie Lite), but after all the cancerous behavior he displayed in Detroit, no thank you.

Doesn't matter either way; he wants to contend now.

Kid Minneapolis
12-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Rip has a place in the league, but not sure it's with the Pacers. I could see him going to a contender as a 6th man and being really really good at that. But for a young team that needs a good core.... he's probly a lil past his prime. I'd say he'd be good veteran leadership, but like Hicks said, he really isn't leader material.

PR07
12-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Would probably be a better fit on a team like the Bulls or Celts.

luis3ep
12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
jeez, we're not that desperate. idk why people would think we'd even be interested in Hamilton or Gilbert Arenas. Let's be real people. Jamal Crawford is the only guard the Pacers seem to be interested in. We're already gonna have a battle for playing time as it is already with Collison, both Georges, Lance, Brandon Rush and Dahntay.

Steagles
12-10-2011, 12:43 PM
jeez, we're not that desperate. idk why people would think we'd even be interested in Hamilton or Gilbert Arenas. Let's be real people. Jamal Crawford is the only guard the Pacers seem to be interested in. We're already gonna have a battle for playing time as it is already with Collison, both Georges, Lance, Brandon Rush and Dahntay.

But you have to assume that Rush is dealt by then, right?

trs72
12-10-2011, 12:48 PM

And Jamal Crawford is really the only one we should be interested in. RIP is just another piece of garbage from Detroit and showed just how classless he was last year with all the trouble he caused with his team. Rip is a very, and i am mean very poor mans Reggie Miller without range. While I am sure he can contribute some to a team but I do not want trash like him a Pacer especially late in his career.

luis3ep
12-10-2011, 12:50 PM
But you have to assume that Rush is dealt by then, right?

Yeah, in my opinion Rush is the first one to go out of those mentioned.

_The_Future_
12-10-2011, 01:13 PM
I think we're going to go after Jamal hard now that Chicago wants Rip.

_The_Future_
12-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I think Landry is also in our plans