PDA

View Full Version : Posey not in Pacers' plans

PacerDude
12-10-2011, 07:14 AM
http://www.indystar.com/article/20111210/SPORTS04/112100351/Posey-not-Pacers-plans?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|IndyStar.com|s

Another spot to fill.

pacers74
12-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Hopefully the use him in a trade that we have yet to here about.

Miller-Time
12-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Hm, we are nowhere near the minimum payroll.
In getting rid of Posey off the books, we have to take on even more money with our future moves. We'll see how that unfolds.

yoadknux
12-10-2011, 07:27 AM
We're still gonna pay him (counts in payroll), he's just not going to play for us

Miller-Time
12-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Not if he is amnestied and this isn't off the table for now.
I also think they would prefer to move him via trade and not pay him for not beeing around like Tins.
That was my assumption, which means we maybe have a nice trade in front of us or get either Nene, JCraw or both :cool:

However, not the worst news to get rid of Posey

Mourning
12-10-2011, 08:09 AM
I wouldn't amnesty his a**. I would keep him technically on the roster, but just not around the team. Fills a roster spot, helps reaching the 80% required spending and could be a piece we use later on in the season to make a trade with a team that wants to shed salary next summer.

PR07
12-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Interesting. This contradicts with the Pacers earlier plan of keeping him on the team for a veteran presence. It really doesn't make sense to keep him around at 7 million just for that, especially with the new amnesty rule.

imawhat
12-10-2011, 02:24 PM
I can't believe the Posey we saw last season was the same Posey from the 09 Hornets. It looked like two different players?

trs72
12-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I can't believe the Posey we saw last season was the same Posey from the 09 Hornets. It looked like two different players?

I thought Posey would make more of a contribution than he did. I dont think he was used right under JOB and once JOB was fired they wanted the young guys to play. Posey fits into more of a Boston,Miami, Spurs and lakers team at this point anyway.

PaceBalls
12-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Just a question about contracts. If Posey just never showed up and it wasn't the Pacers that asked him to not show up, are they still obligated to pay him?

Or also, what if he showed up so out of shape and was unable to play basketball due to conditioning, is there any recourse for the team?

trs72
12-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Just a question about contracts. If Posey just never showed up and it wasn't the Pacers that asked him to not show up, are they still obligated to pay him?

Or also, what if he showed up so out of shape and was unable to play basketball due to conditioning, is there any recourse for the team?

I think the Pacers would have a right to find him so much everyday tha he deos not show up if he initiated it. Not sure if being out of shape would give the team the right thou. I am curioius to why he is not in camp.

12-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Somewhere, Jim O'Brien is calling us all, "Fools!"

jrockne
12-10-2011, 03:10 PM
No way they pay him to stay away from the team. He was far from a locker room cancer last year. A trade is in the works.

Heisenberg
12-10-2011, 03:14 PM
Just waive him. No sense in amnesty'ing him when we're already this far under the cap, no sense in holding him hostage.

speakout4
12-10-2011, 03:47 PM
I see no reason to waive him or amnesty him. If he can be traded or bought out that is one thing but to think he would be the worst guy on a roster doesn't make sense. We are a bit short at the 3 and 4 and he could play when someone goes down with an injury.

On the surface the pacers have gotten too comfortable with banishing players from the team (either don't show up with Tinsley or you aren't going to play with Ford). FA are going to get the idea that someone on this team is always going to be treated badly.

xIndyFan
12-10-2011, 04:11 PM
I wouldn't amnesty his a**. I would keep him technically on the roster, but just not around the team. Fills a roster spot, helps reaching the 80% required spending and could be a piece we use later on in the season to make a trade with a team that wants to shed salary next summer.

don't know what the pacers are going to do, but if the amnestied him, he would still count towards the minimum salary cap.

trs72
12-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Somewhere, Jim O'Brien is calling us all, "Fools!"

LOL, but we all know who the real fools is and thats JOB. I am so happy he is gone and can do no more damage to us by his poor coaching abilities.

Scot Pollard
12-10-2011, 04:33 PM
He's going to get fat if all he does it stay home this season.