PDA

View Full Version : 6 to 8 Weeks for Reggie/3 to 4 weeks for JO....

MagicRat
10-30-2004, 05:17 PM
:mad::mad:
http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/190624-6444-094.html

Kstat
10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
two points:

-I don't think there's any way JO misses a whole 4 weeks. He'll be back by 3, tops. He's a tough kid.

-Reggie, on the other hand (no pun intended), may as well retire. Stephen Jackson and Freddie Jones will put so much distance between themselves and Miller, he'll need a telescope to see them by the time he's fully healed.

Anthem
10-30-2004, 05:39 PM
See, THIS is what worries me. "Jermaine will sit the first couple games of the preseason" becomes "Jermaine will miss the preseason but play when the season begins" becomes "Jermaine will miss the first week" to "Jermaine will start on the injured list and miss the first couple weeks" to "Jermaine will miss 3-4 weeks."

In my line of work, we call that "slippage." And it's always bad.

Anthem
10-30-2004, 05:40 PM
In other news, the article strongly hinted that Bender will play in the season opener.

EDIT: And Kstat's right.

O'Neal said today that team doctors have told him he could miss three to four weeks to let his foot heal. "I don't plan to be out three to four weeks," O'Neal said. "That's just what the doctor says."

Kegboy
10-30-2004, 06:19 PM
In other news, the article strongly hinted that Bender will play in the season opener.

Yep, there is a silver lining:

Carlisle kept some of his reserve players, including Bender and guards Eddie Gill and Fred Jones, after practice longer to get them ready to play big minutes in the season-opener on Wednesday at Cleveland.

Guess he read my post last night where I threatened to slap him. Probably had nightmares about kegs with untied shoes attacking him. :chuckle:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Lord Helmet
10-30-2004, 06:28 PM
Well I do not see J.O. missing 4 weeks.I say he will miss 2 at most.And on to Reggie didn't he hurt a finger on his left (Non-shooting hand) I don't see Reggie missing more than 4 weeks.Remember when Ron had surgery and he came back wearing a cast in 5 games I think.I just hope we can weather this storm and be healthy by early or mid December.

Suaveness
10-30-2004, 08:17 PM
This is absolutely ****ing retarded. It really is...

SoupIsGood
10-30-2004, 09:27 PM
JO should do what the doc says, don't rush it.

Bender is going to show people how the power forward position is supposed to be played Nov 3! :dance:

Lord Helmet
10-30-2004, 09:39 PM
JO should do what the doc says, don't rush it.

Bender is going to show people how the power forward position is supposed to be played Nov 3! :dance:

I hope so :shudder:

Manuel
10-30-2004, 10:21 PM

Oh, I have dreamt a dream...

Unclebuck
10-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Docters always over-estimate how long a player will be back.

Kstat, Reggie looked really good in the preseason, if that neans anything

Merz
10-31-2004, 04:11 AM

Oh, I have dreamt a dream...

I have dreamt that dream as well, If only JB could bust out of the gates and play like they say he plays during practice.:gopacers:

TheSauceMaster
11-01-2004, 01:04 AM

I will win the Lottery within the Next 365 days too :p

I think I almost fell outta my chair when I was reading that , I mean seriously ..calling him 5.1 is a insult to such a beautiful sound quality :laugh::laugh:

MagicRat
11-01-2004, 08:20 AM

I will win the Lottery within the Next 365 days too :p

I think I almost fell outta my chair when I was reading that , I mean seriously ..calling him 5.1 is a insult to such a beautiful sound quality :laugh::laugh:

How dare you insult the Golden Child aka The Greatest Show on Earth..........

"This is J.B., also known as the Golden Child. Greatest Show on Earth coming soon, 2004-2005. Holler at your boy."