PDA

View Full Version : Great post by a Pistons fan

Unclebuck
10-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Posted: Wed. 10/27/04 04:37 PM
City: Southfield, MI USA
Subject: Eagle Eye

Comments: Don't be so quick to frivolously underestimate those pacers, although you make some very valid points they are not the scrubs they can at times appear to be.

From the top J. O'Neal is likely the most consistent PF in the East hands down, the boy is good for 20ppg and 10rbs a night on the regular.

Artest is indeed a staunch defender and (although very nasty and ungraceful) and underrated scorer. Many of the shots he slops up I could just swear they had no chance of going in, kind of has the ackward/nasty but effective style like Sherman Douglas had.

I guess their next best player now is Stephen Jackson who on a good team has proven he can be successful. I'm not really worried about him hurting us one on one and I doubt he can keep up with Rip off he curl screens, but he should be an upgrade late in games energy wise over old Miller.

Jamaal Tinsley is not a premier PG in this league whatsoever, however he is an underrated passer and is clearly not a straight up bum either. His well known weakness is his suspect outside shooting, besides that he could start for a few teams in this league just as he does in indy.

Next Jeff Foster who for some reason still gets no respect even from knowledgeable fans like us who know very well how valueable great hustle and a good garbage man can be (when Memo was starting Foster took his lunch and ate it on more than one occasion). Don't worry about his post game or even his offensive prowess because he's not there for that, all he wants to do is all of indy's dirty work and he does it well!

Then we have the indy bench who has it's fair share of weaknesses as well but still can indeed hurt you. Reggie Miller even at his age now is still DANGEROUS, you simply can't leave the dude open PERIOD.

Anthony Johnson is back on the bench where he belongs, one of the better back up PG's in the League in my book. He looks ugly & stupid frankly but regardless he's effective and a pretty decent outside shooter as well.

Austin Croshere is one of the most overpaid bench players in the Association, a true rip off and disappointment to his own pacer fans (lol). With that said the guy can score folks, not to mention can be very offensively determined and aggressive too. A solid outside and inside offensive player, just well overpaid for it!

Eagle Eye you certainly hit the nail on the head calling that kid Bender a perpetual project (LOL)! However when healthy he is sort of a match up nightmare, I still don't know what his natural position is actually. The kid can score off the bench as a good shooter and decent finisher with his crazy length.

Pollard is just another garbage man who makes his living doing the dirty work, since leaving Sacramento he has sort of been exposed for the excentric bum he pretty much is.

Bottom line is folks these guys believe in playing tough D on their opponents just like our Pistons do. That along with the type of game/style Carlisle orchestrates this squad can not and should not be underestimated. With the level of talent they have and when allowed to play their game they can just about beat any team out there right now.

Thankfully Detroit has a patten on this lock down defensive style and indy certainly can't beat us at our own game although we can beat them at theirs if necessary... But we must still respect our opponent(s), just like Larry Brown instructed the naive Carmelo Anthony to "respect your opponents" before the olympics.... And you see what happened to him and his teammates after he opened his big FAT mouth!

http://info.detnews.com/pistons/lettersindex.cfm

Kegboy
10-30-2004, 06:15 PM
I never thought I'd see the day someone was compared favorably to Sherman Douglas. :laugh:

But he's right. Sherm had the same knack of just throwing absolute ***** at the basket that somehow went in.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

DrBadd01
10-30-2004, 08:35 PM
If JO and Tinsley were both healthy it would be the Pacers hoisting up a NBA Championship banner.

sweabs
10-30-2004, 08:52 PM
If JO and Tinsley were both healthy it would be the Pacers hoisting up a NBA Championship banner.

It's easy to say that.

Kstat
10-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Of course, the fact Rasheed Wallace was dragging his foot through %90 of the playoffs is never counted.........notice the only team that complains about injuries is the team that loses.........

Not saying Indy's weren't bad or worse, but the Pistons were hardly healthy themselves. Nobody talks about that though, because they were the winning team.

Anthem
10-31-2004, 12:33 AM
Of course, the fact Rasheed Wallace was dragging his foot through %90 of the playoffs is never counted.........notice the only team that complains about injuries is the team that loses.........

Not saying Indy's weren't bad or worse, but the Pistons were hardly healthy themselves. Nobody talks about that though, because they were the winning team.

Now, in general I agree with you. And you won't hear me talking about injuries. But you said yourself that Sheed's ankle didn't bother him much past game 3. I can go back and dig up your post if you like

Kstat
10-31-2004, 12:45 AM

Now, in general I agree with you. And you won't hear me talking about injuries. But you said yourself that Sheed's ankle didn't bother him much past game 3. I can go back and dig up your post if you like

No, as I said, Sheed was fine for %10 of the playoffs.

I say that, while noting that Sheed was never truly healthy the entire season since we aquired him. He was just back to his original less-injured form after game 3 of the ECF. Looking at how well he's elevating in the post in preseason, and how often he bangs in the paint now, I don't think he was really healthy all of last year.

While you're at it, you can also find my post that pointed out that JO's stats actually IMPROVED after his injury......

Kstat
10-31-2004, 12:26 PM
Kstat, quit being a homer. You're team won. Jesus I hate poor winners.

:laugh:

Kegboy
10-31-2004, 09:47 PM

Whenever Kstat gets on my nerves, I just remember back to when he flat-out quit on his team in January. ;)
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

MSA2CF
10-31-2004, 09:50 PM
Good teams find ways to win despite injuries.

edit: Check that--Championship (caliber) teams find ways to win despite injuries.

TheSauceMaster
11-01-2004, 12:48 AM
People still forget that JO AND Tinsley were both hurt in the conference finals matchup. If they had been healthy that series could have had a different outcome.

If you want to believe that fine , it still doesn't change that we had injuries , championship teams find a way to win ..Our Motto was No Excuses last year.

I firmly believe even without Injuries we would not have not Won the ECF , We almost got our worlds rocked by the Heat , if anything the injury excuse is a insult to a great Pistons team who had bumps and bruises of there own.

It was a dogfight no matter what or how you slice it , believe it or not I feel game 2 of the ECF sealed our fate , clearly the Pistons had the advantage after that.

I am a hardcore Pacers fan and have been since I was 5 yrs old ..now 36 ;) I am not gonna sugarcoat the win , we had unfortunate things happen but that's what happens when you have all your eggs in one basket.

SoupIsGood
11-01-2004, 06:33 PM

More than you hate a sore loser?

TheSauceMaster
11-01-2004, 07:34 PM
It's easier to understand a sore loser.

apprently it's something you can relate too :p

Kstat
11-01-2004, 07:36 PM

TSM, I just think the point is flying over his head, I don't think he understands what the forum is trying to tell him....:laugh:

TheSauceMaster
11-01-2004, 07:40 PM

TSM, I just think the point is flying over his head, I don't think he understands what the forum is trying to tell him....:laugh:

Oh I am sorry , this isn't the no child left behind class :confused: