PDA

View Full Version : Should the Pacers call back Randy Holcomb?

Jose Slaughter
10-30-2004, 12:49 AM
With the injuries, should Holcomb be brought back?

Kegboy
10-30-2004, 12:53 AM
I already stated in another thread that we should petition for a medical exception and use it to re-sign Holcomb.

I understand the reasoning behind keeping Edwards. It's either him or Cro as backup C, and Austin's already starting at PF.

However, I think, we were already gonna comb the waiver wire for a better stop-gap than Edwards. But if we can get the exception, Holcomb could really help us.
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

"What about Primoz? They didn't have Shaq, but we didn't have Primoz," he said.

Hicks
10-30-2004, 10:46 AM
I think it'd be a good idea.

SoupIsGood
10-30-2004, 10:59 AM
Yes we should.

Roaming Gnome
10-30-2004, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup:

Anthem
10-30-2004, 02:27 PM
I'm for it.

ChicagoJ
10-30-2004, 02:48 PM
We're talking about a fifteenth man as if he's the savior of what's about to be a disasterous November.

Bah.

Anthem
10-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Sixteenth man. :devil:

Jose Slaughter
10-30-2004, 04:00 PM
I haven't seen him play so I don't know.

He has got some fans on here & he has been thru a training camp & game action with the team, so.....

We could use someone that has some idea what we're doing if we have another twisted ankle or whatever.

Kegboy
10-30-2004, 06:11 PM
We're talking about a fifteenth man as if he's the savior of what's about to be a disasterous November.

Bah.

Well, if JO is worth 41 wins and Ron is worth 26 wins, Holcomb's worth a win or two. :cool:

Better than John Edwards, whose probably worth 5-6 losses. :shakehead:
---
Asked afterward if O'Neal's absence contributed to Charlotte's win, Knight bristled.

ChicagoJ
10-30-2004, 11:10 PM

Bah.

Well, if JO is worth 41 wins and Ron is worth 26 wins, Holcomb's worth a win or two. :cool:

Better than John Edwards, whose probably worth 5-6 losses. :shakehead:

I know you were quoting me, but I can't wait to see what UB has to say about that math.

tseramid
10-30-2004, 11:19 PM
I think that we are going to get a veteran to fill out the roster. On the Rick Carlisle show, he mentioned Gary Trent as being a player he would like to give a shot to. Trent was waived by the Bulls 2 days ago, which does NOT make him sound all that appealing to me, but hey, they cut Trent Hassell last year.

Anthem
10-31-2004, 12:37 AM
I'd rather have Holcomb than Trent. With Trent, we've seen the best he's got and it ain't that great. With Holcomb, you can hope he continues to improve.

Kegboy
10-31-2004, 01:40 AM
Trent was officially cut 2 days ago, but unofficially he was cut practically right after camp started. He came in with a surly attitude and out of shape, so the Bulls told him to go home.

Maybe we could give Carlos Rogers a call. ;)
---

Jose Slaughter
10-31-2004, 03:51 AM
If we are looking for a vet maybe they could track down Keon Clark.

He has to be better than Edwards.

Anthem
10-31-2004, 04:07 AM
Yeah, except he doesn't have his cell phone on.

wintermute
10-31-2004, 09:32 AM
holcomb filled in pretty well during preseason games didn't he? i'd rather we take him on again rather than some veteran no one else wants. just think about it, all the useful big men must have been snapped up by now.

wait, jayson williams is still available. or how about rodman? :D