PDA

View Full Version : TINSLEY SIGNS 6 YEAR DEAL

Dukins
10-29-2004, 02:05 PM
According to www.indystar.com

Dukins
10-29-2004, 02:07 PM
Jamaal Tinsley has signed a six-year contract extension with the Indiana Pacers that goes into effect next season.

Tinsley, the Pacers' starting point guard, did not specify financial terms, other than to say, "It's enough."

Tinsley, the Pacers' first-round draft pick in 2001, would have become a restricted free agent if he had not signed an extension by Sunday.

"I wanted to get it out of the way so I don't have to worry about it," Tinsley said.

Ragnar
10-29-2004, 02:11 PM
:applaud::apple::bananadance::carrot::champagne::c heers::cloud9::cucumber::dance::guitar::happydance ::highfive::hug::jump::mango::nod::pepper::pineapp le::rockon2::rockon::rock:

Cactus Jax
10-29-2004, 02:12 PM
My guess is that it's probably for the MLE that everyone said they should've used on Stephen Jackson.

Ragnar
10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
We dont have to use any of the MLE on Tins he is our own free agent, we have his bird rights. On top of that the reason we did not use the MLE on Jackson was that we used part of it on Johnson and did not want to spend more money knowing Tins new deal was on the way.

Cactus Jax
10-29-2004, 02:15 PM
Oh and... :2tup::amen::applaud::apple::champagne:

Cactus Jax
10-29-2004, 02:17 PM
We dont have to use any of the MLE on Tins he is our own free agent, we have his bird rights. On top of that the reason we did not use the MLE on Jackson was that we used part of it on Johnson and did not want to spend more money knowing Tins new deal was on the way.

Oh yeah... forgot about AJ taking part of the MLE, well I still think it's around the 4-5 million dollars a year that the MLE is anyway. Pacers players usually aren't underpaid.

fwpacerfan
10-29-2004, 02:26 PM
Good for him and the Pacers. I love his quote on how much he'll be paid "It's enough." LOL - I wish more athletes would think that way.

Dukins
10-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Great great news. Obviously our point guard of the future. I hope Rick doesnt handcuff the team this season and let them run more. :applaud::alcohol::bananadance::dance::dancers::ro ckon2::thumbsup::yes:

Suaveness
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
:devil: Tinsley rocks!