PDA

View Full Version : Lockout Hobbies Thread

Pacers13Colts12
11-14-2011, 03:24 PM
In the event of a lost season, maybe we can all pick up some hobbies and post pictures of what we are doing here. I plan on maybe reading some more, so maybe I'll put in what books I am reading. Might take up some landscaping in the fall, maybe try some painting. Any ideas? When posting pictures use the hash tag

#Lockout

vnzla81
11-14-2011, 04:22 PM
I'll be watching more soccer, english premier and Spanish league, I'll be all over college basketball also.

Ozwalt72
11-14-2011, 04:43 PM
Ignoring the lockout, once I'm sure that I'm not gonna see some crazy surprise deal materialize. Figure I'll give it to November 25. After that, I just don't ****ing care anymore.

Sparhawk
11-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Skyrim. Once I'm done with that I'll turn my attention back to Assassin's Creed. I have Brotherhood, but haven't played and the next installment is out/about to come out.

I'll be busy throughout the season.

cdash
11-14-2011, 07:48 PM
Let's be honest: I'll probably still post quite a bit around here, mostly in the non-NBA forums. I'll probably antagonize Kstat and Mackey a few more times, leading to some charming banter. My love affair with dueling vnzla has cooled, sadly. We had some nice moments. Ahh, the glory days, when there was actual Pacer basketball to argue about. I might learn German. Try to get into really good shape. Think of better ginger jokes. I don't know. I'll have a lot of time and I'm in a boring *** city with miserable winters where I don't know anyone. Anything and everything is in play.

duke dynamite
11-14-2011, 07:52 PM
I've bought a few firearms.

Doug
11-14-2011, 09:32 PM
Some Suggestions:

Replace your professional basketball with college and high school basketball.

Go to one or two high school games a week - doesn't matter who's playing. Pick your "hometown" team, or just one in the area known for good basketball. Or pick two good teams matched up in a run-down inner city or small-town gym.

Or go catch a college game or two at Hinkle or your local equivalent.

Or, if you are so inclined, volunteer to help coach youth basketball. The kids will get a lot out of it, and you'll get even more.

Hicks
11-14-2011, 09:53 PM
I'm going to try to make it to some New Castle HS games, and I'm going to try to follow the Hoosiers on TV.

Sookie
11-15-2011, 01:19 AM
I'll be watching Uconn Basketball. Current crop of point guards have really loosened me up over the turnovers issue. Napier with 6 today, and Bria with 5 yesterday (at least she had more assists than turnovers though..) I don't cringe quite as much as I used too..:D

Constellations
11-15-2011, 01:53 AM
Video Games.

KingGeorge
11-15-2011, 01:02 PM
I am honestly done with the NBA. I guess I will just go to more IU games this year.

vnzla81
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
I just signed up for two indoor soccer teams, thanks NBA for giving me all this free time :-p

ilive4sports
11-17-2011, 04:51 AM
Well I'm due to be starting my new job in about a week so I guess that.

Gonna watch more college ball, probably some more hockey too. Oh and sc2, lots of that. Gonna check out some more fighting games, they are pretty fun and entertaining.