PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Help

KingGeorge
11-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Hey all,

So here is my problem. I got a Halo Reach 250gb Xbox last year, and around 6 months ago my system really slowed down and it would almost take 2 minutes to reach the dashboard and almost 5 minutes to the main screen of a game.

I ended up calling Microsoft and they had me reformat the hard drive and everything was fine again.

About two weeks ago when I was playing Gears it would freeze at every checkpoint, and now since I have started playing Skyrim it will freeze constantly. I ended up timing it yesterday, and without the hard drive from startup to the main screen of skyrim took 48 seconds. When I put the hard drive in, it took almost 4 minutes. I play my Xbox quite often so this is really annoying.

Has anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it? Is it possible to just lose the hard drive and use an external hard drive? Any advice would be great.

Thanks!

Sparhawk
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
My xbox has been freezing too. It would freeze up on NBA2k12 all the time and I'd had to manually turn it off. And the game is downloaded to the hard drive! Man, that's messed up. Don't really have any issues with Skyrim (although it froze up momentarily once).

I really don't have any suggestions. I'm open for help as well.